PlayStation Meeting, 7th September Predictions

JAM20002911

Should I get the Neo or Slim? I'm not sure if I would be using the VR headgear so the slim seems to be the option for me at this moment in time.

You should wait on making a decision until we know all the facts first.  :P

Also, the Neo doesn't just benefit PSVR. Neo games will have increased frame rate, resolution, etc, over the regular PS4 version of all games released in the future. Patches can also be made to make older games take advantage of the extra power. At least from what we've heard about it so far. This is enough to convince me to buy it. I'm not even that interested in PSVR.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

I have some expectations for this conference.

- The PS4 Neo of course! I'd like to see the final specs, the console's look, the price. I want to see this machine in action before I consider to replace my PS4 (I like what my PS4 does though).

- The other features of 4.00 firmware that Sony mentioned a month ago. And of course a release date. I want this update so much, finally something fresh and useful!

- More games.

- Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm waiting since E3 for this one.

And if I have something I don't expect much, it's the rumored PS Vita Trinity. I mean I love my Vita, I love to play and unlock trophies on-the-go while heading to job, playing cross-save games on Vita then proceeding on my PS4 home. But I wished there was more Vita exclusive games with our beloved inFamous, Ratchet & Clank, God of War, etc. It sucks so much the Vita didn't sell well...

Should I get the Neo or Slim? I'm not sure if I would be using the VR headgear so the slim seems to be the option for me at this moment in time.

Get the slim, spend the extra money on games and the extra money you save on the lower power usage could pay for your Plus subscription. Plus, you'll get to play ALL the same games as the people who have the OG PS4 and the Neo.

You should wait on making a decision until we know all the facts first.  :P

Also, the Neo doesn't just benefit PSVR. Neo games will have increased frame rate, resolution, etc, over the regular PS4 version of all games released in the future. Patches can also be made to make older games take advantage of the extra power. At least from what we've heard about it so far. This is enough to convince me to buy it. I'm not even that interested in PSVR.

Don't need a Neo for VR because the standard VR headset comes with some additional hardware so the standard PS4 works with it as well.

Honestly, if you don't have a PS4 yet then the Neo will probably be the better choice, if your wallet is up for it. I'm not convinced that it will change your gaming experience all that much unless you have the huge 4K television to go with it.

OT: I'm hoping on some more information about VR games. I want to like it but I'm still not 100% convinced I want to have it day one. Obvoiusly they'll talk about the Neo and Rockstar will announce... something.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Maybe Sony announces handheld with internal storage in preparation for true Vita 2 =D

Oh sweet baby Jebus! If the bitching wasn't bad enough about people buying a memory card of their own choosing and price, fixed *internal* storage bitching might break the internet!

Sony announces Vita 3000 with internal storage: "SONY! WTF is with this paltry 256 GBs of storage! I WANT 6 TB OF STORAGE OR UR STOOPIDZ!!!1!!one!!!!"

Oh sweet baby Jebus! If the bitching wasn't bad enough about people buying a memory card of their own choosing and price, fixed *internal* storage bitching might break the internet!

At least it will shut up those complaining about memory cards :awesome:

One thing is for sure, if Sony does another handheld with propriety storage, the console will be dead before it's even created.

They probably won't make it default, but phone-style. You would have some default internal storage and then propriety memory cards for capacity raise.

I don't see Sony giving us the possibility to use cheap SD cards :D

One thing is for sure, if Sony does another handheld with propriety storage, the console will be dead before it's even created.

If they allow every dollar store 99 cent SD card that people will shove in their next portable, hopefully it does some basic error and reliability testing on a memory card when first inserted and denies the shitty cheap ones with the message "NOT TO-DAY! Get that cheap shit OUT of me!" If it passes, do what the Vita does and lock that SD card to one account. It's the only way to ensure reliability with memory cards. And trust me, the great majority of the ones out there perform unreliably when testing is done.

But let's be honest, even if the next handheld accepted every garbage SD card out there, people would find another reason to bitch and say it's why it's not selling. It's the nature of internet complainers. $250 for a system but a $40 one-time purchase, NO WAY! UGH!

If R* is truly going to be at the event and they do announce A RDR remaster, what would you think if they pulled a Activision an made it only available if you buy the New RDR?

That would be a great deal as it would be two great games that people like in one whereas no one wanted COD Infinite and just wanted Modern Warfare.

If R* is truly going to be at the event and they do announce A RDR remaster, what would you think if they pulled a Activision an made it only available if you buy the New RDR?

That would be a great deal as it would be two great games that people like in one whereas no one wanted COD Infinite and just wanted Modern Warfare.

Nobody complained when the PS4 version of Stick Of Truth was only available (for now) for people who pre-ordered Fractured But Whole...

Bring it, I would not mind getting a remastered Red Dead Redemption to go with Red Dead Revolution.

If they allow every dollar store 99 cent SD card that people will shove in their next portable, hopefully it does some basic error and reliability testing on a memory card when first inserted and denies the shitty cheap ones with the message "NOT TO-DAY! Get that cheap shit OUT of me!" If it passes, do what the Vita does and lock that SD card to one account. It's the only way to ensure reliability with memory cards. And trust me, the great majority of the ones out there perform unreliably when testing is done.

But let's be honest, even if the next handheld accepted every garbage SD card out there, people would find another reason to bitch and say it's why it's not selling. It's the nature of internet complainers. $250 for a system but a $40 one-time purchase, NO WAY! UGH!

Why? As a gaming manufacturer, your job is to make sure people play your games and not limit what you can fit by forcing your own disgusting brand storage. My spare 256GB SD card should work just fine with it, that way I can do what Sony wants me to do. Buy games, and fill the system up.

It would be a good deal, I am one of the ones that would prefer MW to be sold separately.

I would definitely play through RDR again.

Why? As a gaming manufacturer, your job is to make sure people play your games and not limit what you can fit by forcing your own disgusting brand storage. My spare 256GB SD card should work just fine with it, that way I can do what Sony wants me to do. Buy games, and fill the system up.

Because bit errors and transfer errors on shitty memory cards cause errors and problems and ruin the game play experience and then Sony gets a bad rap because the user used inferior hardware, causing problems that Sony had nothing to do with. As a gaming manufacturer, you want to control the hardware to perform as expected. How many people bitched at Microsoft for years about Windows blue screens? Those are generally caused by hardware problems. When you have to cater to every corner-cutting manufacturer out there, people get a bad experience. 

• Like 1

Because bit errors and transfer errors on shitty memory cards cause errors and problems and ruin the game play experience and then Sony gets a bad rap because the user used inferior hardware, causing problems that Sony had nothing to do with. As a gaming manufacturer, you want to control the hardware to perform as expected. How many people bitched at Microsoft for years about Windows blue screens? Those are generally caused by hardware problems. When you have to cater to every corner-cutting manufacturer out there, people get a bad experience. 

Well that's why you buy the top of the line ones and not 16GB Lexar cards. Or Lexar in general.

The 3DS doesn't have any of these problems anyway. Those fuckers at Nintendo know what they're doing for the handheld market.

Well that's why you buy the top of the line ones and not 16GB Lexar cards. Or Lexar in general.

The 3DS doesn't have any of these problems anyway. Those fuckers at Nintendo know what they're doing for the handheld market.

So you DO think they should limit the memory card compatibility. ;)

The 3DS *does* have these problems. It's just *WAY* less demanding on memory card performance so it can be way slower and have more overhead in addressing them though. 

Time to sell my PS4, lmao.

Amazing showing. Mass Effect looks weird. Will take a while to get used to these characters.

HDR looked like a game changer.

Where has this been announced?

It wasn't announced. I heard about it last minute from someone reliable.

Edited by Valyrious