PlayStation Meeting, 7th September Predictions

JAM20002911

Hi All,

As most people probably know PlayStation are holding a meeting in New York on the Tuesday 7th September. I was just wondering what your predictions are for the meeting. Obviously they will be showcasing the PS4 Neo. But I believe why go to all the trouble of having a meeting like this without mentioning/announcing anything else. There have been a lot of rumours of other things as well. 

My Predictions:

- PS4 Neo will be announced (obviously).

- PS4 Slim will definitely be at the meeting.

- Rockstar will have a presences at the event, (most likely showing off Red Dead).

- A new handheld will be announced as well.

- Lastly, Sony will announce you won't need PS Plus for online. (Hopefully, but very unlikely).

Ok, the last one I want more than anything 100%. But very unlikely, So I am just wondering what are your predictions. 

I agree with you on all points plus a load of vr like the guy mentioned above.

Like you said, PS plus will never cease, and it wouldn't make sense after the price hike.

As for rockstar, it could be red dead, a new IP, or perhaps a game that's not red dead as they have many games under their belt.

Ps4 neo may debut but idk how they're going to pull it off with ps4 slim and vr at the same meeting

Thats a lot of hardware!

My guess is that they'll pull an Xbox where they'll release the neo next year to compete with Scorpio and leave this year with slim and vr.

• Like 1

Ok, the last one I want more than anything 100%. But very unlikely, So I am just wondering what are your predictions. 

People will show up. Playstation himself (since he IS the one holding the meeting) will talk about some stuff coming out before the holidays to get peoples wallets (and exit holes) lubed up. Then they'll talk about some stuff that will come out but will be nothing like what Playstation describes and people will bitch. Then he'll talk about some stuff that *never* comes out and people will bitch.

Then people will bitch about how much stuff costs, while buying it anyway.

And afterward there will be more and more bitching.

• Like 3

Hopefully something about improved security for the network so asshats like Lizard Squad have a harder time making their e-peens bigger.

They DID just roll out two factor authentication, so I'm positive they'll talk about improved security, but DDOS's and their brethren are nearly impossible to defend against. It's the nature of the internet. 

People will show up. Playstation himself (since he IS the one holding the meeting) will talk about some stuff coming out before the holidays to get peoples wallets (and exit holes) lubed up. Then they'll talk about some stuff that will come out but will be nothing like what Playstation describes and people will bitch. Then he'll talk about some stuff that *never* comes out and people will bitch.

Then people will bitch about how much stuff costs, while buying it anyway.

And afterward there will be more and more bitching.

That Playstation cat is a real dick.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Stop, stop! You're killing me!

Seriously, though. If this happens, I won't even consider buying it. I love my Vita and hate Sony for how they handled it in the West.

People complain about this, but did you really think Sony would send good money after bad? The Vita just didn't click in the West, and I don't think there was much that would save it. It's a great system, but nobody wanted it.

• Neo will be revealed. It'll be under $500/£450. It'll be called the PS4 Plus. They will not mention the amount of teraflops the CPU can handle as these compare poorly to Scorpio's offering. They might get a first party dev on stage to show us a current PS4 game, e.g. Uncharted 4 running on Neo, and discussing the benefits. 
  • Slim will be revealed. It'll be called the PS4. It'll be available to purchase within a week of the meeting. I'd guess that it'll be $50/£50 cheaper than the current RRP for the vanilla PS4. They will not comment on the removal of the optical audio port. Only available in matte black initially. 
  • The vanilla PS4 will no longer be manufactured.
  • Game announcements and trailers for PSVR. Maybe an on-stage demo, but equally likely that there won't be given they can be hit and miss. 
  • Some more of Horizon: Zero Dawn and God of War reboot. 
  • Destiny 2 hype train begins - no game play trailer, just a slow pan shot of space with some music and VO, before a logo appears. 
  • Ends with a montage of first party PS4 games.

Everyone then switches over to the Apple Keynote to see what the iPhone 7 looks like. 

• There will be a surprise visit from SquareSoft. Final Fantasy XV is delayed again to March 2017 to make way for a even better day one patch to go on disc. The game will come on 2 discs now. :P 
Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 4

The Slim PS4 will be available for sale as soon as the meeting ends.

The Neo will be available for sale on the morning of 19 Sept.

It will come with a young gymnast included in the box. Gymnast will have a dislike for clothing except for bed clothes.

Someone will come out and show off the new apple phone thing and then say that apple pay will now be availalbe on PS4 by via the PSeye thing that has nfc build in but will only be activated through a FW update which is available.....NOW.

• Like 1

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Stop, stop! You're killing me!

Seriously, though. If this happens, I won't even consider buying it. I love my Vita and hate Sony for how they handled it in the West.

I'd be very surprised if Sony attempted another handheld. If they did announce one they'd most likely drop 1st party support for it before the show even finished

What I mean by a new handheld being announced is that I think the time is right. PlayStation are the leaders this generation. They know they messed up with the Vita, which was a great system. I think if they are going to announce a new handheld this is their best shot at it and the position they are in this generation it could be successful, if it was true. But I am not counting on it. 

-PS4 Neo, specs, price, Q1 2017.
-PS4 Slim, will be the new regular PS4, 200$, 249$ for 1TB and 299$ for 2 TB
-God of War and Deep Down running on the Neo, showcasing the power of it. They will be the biggest showcases. God of War will have a new trailer, short containing a little story and gameplay. Deep Down will be completely new, it will be a 60$ title and not F2P, it will be huge and may even have a new name. 
-God of War won't have Release Date or even year, however Deep Down will release in 2017 only for the PS4.
-Developers come out and talk about why Neo is important for them, reassuring you that Neo isn't bad. The last developer is from Rockstar, and he'll / she'll showcase a new title. 
-A new Red Dead, it will be running on the Neo, it will have a deal with Sony for exclusive DLC and early DLC. It will be optimised for PS4 and Neo.

I think these above WILL be there, everyone of them. That's just about everything, expect something small from PSVR, maybe just a trailer to remind everyone its coming in a month. I also belive they will announce some new feature like name change or perhaps free online MP as the OP suggested. (The latter is highly unlikely). I also feel like the Vita Trinity rumours are false, however my dreams make me kinda belive they will show a Vita made pretty much for Remote Play. Better internet, L2/R2, full PSP and Vita backward support. With this they have the trinity family of PS4(s), Neo and Vita(T), But this is pretty much a wild prediction.

• Like 1

Is this the PS Experience show they've done the past couple of years?   Or is it something different and the PSE will be around December again?

This isn't the PS Experience events. IDK if they'll do another one of those this year, but this isn't that. This looks like it's more like an Apple Keynote than a multi-day consumer focussed event.