PlayStation Meeting, 7th September Predictions

JAM20002911

Amazing showing. Mass Effect looks weird. Will take a while to get used to these characters.

Exactly, it looked weird but super beautiful at the same time. I'm not excited for Mass Effect but this looked super good!

I expected more from this show but I did really like what they showed!

No Vita 2 or Vita 3000 = disappointed.  :( Oh well, there's always TGS I guess.

I don't see why the PS4 Pro is a thing. They could of just waited a year or two and released a PS5. I don't have a 4k TV yet, so it's kinda pointless for me to get a PS4 Pro. Overall, I thought it was a bad conference. I was getting bored watching it. It was basically just "Look at the graphics! It's so pretty!". I don't care that much about graphics and resolution. If I did, I wouldn't be a console gamer. 1080p still looks great to me. They didn't do enough to justify the PS4 Pro's existence. They might of just shot themselves in the foot with this one.

• Like 3

2. Other than 'double the power' we actually get any specs for this thing? Is this even gonna be able to hold a candle to the Scorpio?

We did get this. 

Scorpio is going to destroy Neo/Pro parameter-wise. Otherwise, Sony would announce at least some specs.

So, unless this is what Xbone S is to MS and Neo is something else, Scorpio is most likely going to win specs-wise.

No Vita 2 or Vita 3000 = disappointed.   :( Oh well, there's always TGS I guess.

We'll see it on TGS ;) This was more for business guys that do not have any idea about games.

They need money and graphics + biggest selling console = money.

I don't see why the PS4 Pro is a thing. They could of just waited a year or two and released a PS5. I don't have a 4k TV yet, so it's kinda pointless for me to get a PS4 Pro. Overall, I thought it was a bad conference. I was getting bored watching it. It was basically just "Look at the graphics! It's so pretty!". I don't care that much about graphics and resolution. If I did, I wouldn't be a console gamer. 1080p still looks great to me. They didn't do enough to justify the PS4 Pro's existence. They might of just shot themselves in the foot with this one.

MY WORDS EXACTLY! :D

I wanted to stuck the freaking graphics word into their throat.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

No Vita 2 or Vita 3000 = disappointed.  :(Oh well, there's always TGS I guess.

There's still TGS! They might announce it there...maybe.

EDIT: I really should try harder and read posts!

Edited by Edunstar84

The conference wasn't that bad, not great but not bad. I knew R* wasn't going to appear at the event, I suspect we may hear about something from R* at PSX (hopefully). PS4 PRO sounds awful but I think for the price, the name isn't so bad. Lol at that COD presentation, the claps were awkward and I think the guy from Activision knew that. All in all, I wish Sony the best in November. 

We did get this. 

Scorpio is going to destroy Neo/Pro parameter-wise. Otherwise, Sony would announce at least some specs.

So, unless this is what Xbone S is to MS and Neo is something else, Scorpio is most likely going to win specs-wise.

Scorpio isn't going to be $400, though.

Sony gets a one year leap on Microsoft, further strengthening themselves as the only console experience for 4K. Even top of the line PCs have trouble running 4K games.

We did get this. 

That was my feeling as well. I look forward to the rumours of a ps4 pro 2

Man I'm just watching the comments, and most of you feel salty inside that the pro actually exists now. Not all but most.

First of all, the guy said you don't need 4k to benefit. 1080 60 fps with hdr is all I ever asked and now I received! It's like a miracle . imagine playing uncharted 4 SP with 60 fps. Holy hell, I'm sure itll play and feel amazing. I definitely loved the meeting and will buy the pro.

I understand that some may feel left out with their regular ps4 but for those that haven't got a ps4 yet including me, have got they wanted. Man, waiting 3 years , almost 4 years finally paid out..

Also ps5 may or may not come as Xbox said their final console is the Scorpio and who knows.. Sony may follow the same route and just upgraded iterations of the ps4

Also regular ps4 users will have a firmware update that'll allow hdr support which is great for those getting the slim

Edited by poopooblast

We'll see it on TGS ;) This was more for business guys that do not have any idea about games.

They need money and graphics + biggest selling console = money.

There's still TGS! They might announce it there...maybe.

EDIT: I really should try harder and read posts!

I'll hold you guys to that one!  xD A new Vita is far more exciting than whatever the PS4 Pro is.

MY WORDS EXACTLY! :D

I wanted to stuck the freaking graphics word into their throat.

Haha, I know, right!? When will these people realise that graphics don't make the games? So what if games look a little prettier? Will it make the actual game better? Nope, so I don't care. Such a pointless console.

• Like 3

imagine playing uncharted 4 SP with 60 fps.

You mean the only PS4 exclusive according to this conference? xD

Man, waiting 3 years , almost 4 years finally paid out..

Don't jump the gun yet. We still don't know if Sony does not plan to pull Scorpio as well ;)

Haha, I know, right!? When will these people realise that graphics don't make the games? So what if games look a little prettier? Will it make the actual game better? Nope, so I don't care. Such a pointless console.

Tell me about it, I continued watching and there was Horizon talk and...

IT WAS FREAKING ALL ABOUT HOW IT'S GOING TO LOOK!

Like... literally NO care about gameplay, story or anything.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

Yep, that's what Andy said =)

That definitely holds. But Pro could always be what Xbone S is for MS. Pre-main 4K console.

Something like the first touch.

Yes but Xbox s isn't a 4k console. It just boasts a measly upgrade over the regular Xbox one. A regular ps4 is still more powerful than the Xbox s. The ps4 slim will compete with the slim and the pro has a head start now. Also it may be cheaper than Scorpio since scroprio will be more powerful. Bear in mind though it'll supposedly be xbox's last console. Also I like Sony exclusives more tbh and games are what sells me a console. Ps2 is a prime example of that.

I doubt Sony will release another console to compete with the Scorpio. They may do one in 2018, a year after Scorpio's release but by then I would've had the ps4 pro by two years. I'll be in the same boat as regular ps4 users and those ps4 users will upgrade to the newest version.

This is all hypothetical talk BTW lol

I doubt Sony will release another console to compete with the Scorpio. They may do one in 2018, a year after Scorpio's release but by then I would've had the ps4 pro by two years. I'll be in the same boat as regular ps4 users and those ps4 users will upgrade to the newest version.

I guess we will see upon Scorpio's success/fail.

This is all hypothetical talk BTW lol

Of course it is =D We have literally no idea about Scorpio apart from the 6 teraflops =D

So apparently the PS4 Pro doesn't play 4k Blu-rays. That's crazy! I mean the PS4 Slim is one thing, but the Pro!? The Xbox One S plays them, so there's no excuse.

ROFL

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I guess we will see upon Scorpio's success/fail.

Of course it is =D We have literally no idea about Scorpio apart from the 6 teraflops =D

Yea but I mean as my first ps4 console this is amazing. For those who already own a ps4 , it's not worth it. I mean, imagine games like witcher 3 with 60 fps or bloodborne. Or personally for me fixing just cause's 3 fps issues since I love that game. Either way, if a ps5 is on the way, I'll probably wait 3 or 4 years ahead anyways like i did with every console generation in the past.

Ps2: got it in 2005 5 years after launch

Ps3: 2012 6 years after launch

Ps4 pro: hopefully 2016? 3 years after launch.

That's how I get my games cheap anyways and idc about MP ;)

Yeah, bit of an odd show.  Consoles are priced well I suppose, although with the Pro releasing in a couple of months I'm at a loss as to what the point of the slim is?   As a price point, sure, but you can pick up a used PS4 cheaper than that if needs must.   The triple deck Pro looks like a decent upgrade, whatever those specs might be, but I hope we're not going to start seeing new hardware every year or two, I hope that wont happen but who knows, if the Scorpio out performs the Pro then are we going to see another Sony console with a year, year and a half, after Pro?

I know they were only pushing the merits of the visual capabilities of the Pro, but I'd agree with some above, how about the industry start concentrate on making games good rather than pretty.  It's been a strange gen so far imo, countless remasters and pixel properties really pushing the hardware...yeah.  Admittedly there's been some very good games this gen, but sometimes I miss the days of the PS2, that console had everything weird and wonderful you could possibly hope to see!  :)

• Like 2