PlayStation Meeting, 7th September Predictions

JAM20002911

This isn't the PS Experience events. IDK if they'll do another one of those this year, but this isn't that. This looks like it's more like an Apple Keynote than a multi-day consumer focussed event. 

K, yeah had a quick google, other than some rumours of a Euro venue for PSE (PSX), there doesn't seem to be any concrete info on whether there will even be one, right enough.  Shame if there isn't one, quite enjoyed PSX.   

Neo, slim and VR seem to be the main topics, prob VR heavy seeing as it releases Oct.   Still not convinced with VR though, guess I'll see if this event convinces me.   :)

Edited by RedMustang72

Neo, slim and VR seem to be the main topics, prob VR heavy seeing as it releases Oct.   Still not convinced with VR though, guess I'll see if this event convinces me.   :)

I've had a little first hand experience at EGX 2015. It was... ok. I'm not going to rush out and buy a PSVR, put it that way. I want to try more of it though. 

I've had a little first hand experience at EGX 2015. It was... ok. I'm not going to rush out and buy a PSVR, put it that way. I want to try more of it though. 

I think it looks cool, but gimmicky at the same time.   Never been keen on the move controllers either, but I like the idea it can be used as a normal 'TV' screen to play too (if that's accurate).   Still, the way many of us game, i.e. long hours, not sure how practical it would be for that.  Whether some want to argue it's priced well, it's still expensive for what could be another peripheral with a novelty shelf-life.   Haven't used one, so I'm in no way an authority on it, but a bit skeptical nevertheless.

I can't dismiss that many of the games and some of the features are appealing though, I and suppose time will tell how successful it'll be, but I won't be rushing to buy one either.

• Like 1

I read today about a possible Red Dead Redemption Remaster for PS4/XBOX1. I hope it's BS and we will actually get a new RDR, but you can't cross out anything with R* these days

Red Dead Redemption is available on Xbone through backwards compatibility already, so highly doubt that's true. Besides, this event is hardly the place to talk about remasters. It's about new hardware and getting you excited about that new hardware. Remasters aren't going to get people to buy a new console.

A new Red Dead game getting revealed is possible. There were rumours awhile back that the reveal of a new Red Dead game was cut from Sony's E3 conference, so it's possible they moved into this event instead. I'll believe it when I see it though.

• Like 1

PS4 vanilla won't be longer manufactured.

PS4 Slim price will be no less than $300, it's impossible that Sony sells a ps4 as a handheld ($200).

PSNeo will be announced for $599 and a bundle with the VR device at $999.99

PS plus and Psnow plan news. Don't be surprise.

The rest of the show will be content for VR.

So much whines and complaints regarding needing ps plus to play online, Sony will remove the need of plus to play online now but instead will charge online play individually for each game.

Alright let's just hope this could happen. If it could it would be a great expirence.

-PS4 Slim gets an official reveal. They announce 3 different version 500GB, 1TB, 2TB( priced at $249.99, $299.99, 349.99 in coordination with sizes.)

-PS4 Neo reveal, nothing major maybe 5 mins of gameplay( yet they will announce full specs for it along with price and a release window) also they will have devs there trying to explain why it's a good move.

-Rockstar will show something( a lot of rumors have been around them lately). Not sure if this will be RDR2 or a new Red Dead completely. Also it could be a new IP or GTAV single player DLC.

-VR will be big there as well. Lots of games to show off or reveal. Along with more release dates for VR titles and price points.

-(Very Unlinlikely) Sony will announce they are making a new mobile console. It won't be released until 2018. Yet they will seemingly rectify the mistakes that vita had with this console.

Other things that could come but probably won't!

-PSNow gets a full year price(that is not for a limited time)Also announces that by 2018-2019 more than 800+ titles will be on PSNow

-More company's pull in on PS2to PS4 games with RockStars success.

* Vita's successor gets announced (possibly held back for TGS due to the amount of hardware that will be present during this conference).

* PS3 and PS Vita games dropped from PS+. PS Now gets a partial inclusion to the subscription. Possibly a few rentals of your choice per month.

Contingency plan is to replace the lost games with two additional PS4 games a month, making at least one non-sport AAA game every month.

Everything else suggested is just shit people are regurgitating from what they've read on Reddit.

* Remaining PS4 get price dropped to $250USD. Bundles $300. PS4 Slim starts at $350. PS4 "Neo" (official name will be something different) $500. Specs will not be as good as Scorpio, but it won't run you $1000 either. 

Guaranteed, if the Scorpio has the specs that they promised, it won't be under $1000.

Edited by Valyrious

* Vita's successor gets announced (possibly held back for TGS due to the amount of hardware that will be present during this conference).

* PS3 and PS Vita games dropped from PS+. PS Now gets a partial inclusion to the subscription. Possibly a few rentals of your choice per month.

Contingency plan is to replace the lost games with two additional PS4 games a month, making at least one non-sport AAA game every month.

Everything else suggested is just shit people are regurgitating from what they've read on Reddit.

* Remaining PS4 get price dropped to $250USD. Bundles $300. PS4 Slim starts at $350. PS4 "Neo" (official name will be something different) $500. Specs will not be as good as Scorpio, but it won't run you $1000 either. 

Guaranteed, if the Scorpio has the specs that they promised, it won't be under $1000.

Scorpio will be $500 tops brah. Kinda disappointed that the Neo will be underpowered compared to the Scorpio since I really on,y want to stick to Sony consoles going forward

Scorpio will be $500 tops brah. Kinda disappointed that the Neo will be underpowered compared to the Scorpio since I really on,y want to stick to Sony consoles going forward

The graphic card it supports is $500 by itself... anybody that thinks it'll be $500 is a fool. 

Yes, I'm aware the price of it will drop in a calendar year. I think people don't understand how business works. You don't create a console with $1000 worth of parts, and sell it for $500. Not if you're sane, anyway.

If they are truly aiming for 4k gaming, it's going to cost way more than that. Those 6 teraflops don't come cheap you know.  :P

The graphic card it supports is $500 by itself... anybody that thinks it'll be $500 is a fool.

Yes, I'm aware the price of it will drop in a calendar year. I think people don't understand how business works. You don't create a console with $1000 worth of parts, and sell it for $500. Not if you're sane, anyway.

I don't think you understand how business works because no one is going to spend a G on a console. Just get yourself a gaming PC at that point, especially since most or all Microsoft first party titles are coming to PC going forward. It doesn't matter how much something costs you, if you price it too high people won't buy it.

There is something in business called a loss leader where you sell a product at a loss to get people to buy other, profitable products. Wouldnt be the first time Microsoft took a loss at launch on a console to get market penetration.

I'd go as far to make a bet the Scorpio will launch with at least one sku $500 or less.

Edited by TheFluke

I don't think you understand how business works because no one is going to spend a G on a console. Just get yourself a gaming PC at that point, especially since most or all Microsoft first party titles are coming to PC going forward. It doesn't matter how much something costs you, if you price it too high people won't buy it.

There is something in business called a loss leader where you sell a product at a loss to get people to buy other, profitable products. Wouldnt be the first time Microsoft took a loss at launch on a console to get market penetration.

I'd go as far to make a bet the Scorpio will launch with at least one sku $500 or less.

And where did I say people would buy the Scorpio at that price? Guess you need to understand what I say and what I don't say more than I apparently don't understand the business.

I think people don't understand how business works. You don't create a console with $1000 worth of parts, and sell it for $500. Not if you're sane, anyway.

And yet Sony did just this, back in 2006. (And yes, it was insane then).

The more salient point is that you don't sell a console for $1000, period. Apparently, lessons are never learned.

What I mean by a new handheld being announced is that I think the time is right. PlayStation are the leaders this generation. They know they messed up with the Vita, which was a great system. I think if they are going to announce a new handheld this is their best shot at it and the position they are in this generation it could be successful, if it was true. But I am not counting on it. 

If Sony is smart (and they aren't always), they'll realize that the handheld market is contracting. The Vita didn't fail because Sony "messed up". The Vita failed because demand didn't support it. That won't change with a new handheld.

• Like 1

If Sony is smart (and they aren't always), they'll realize that the handheld market is contracting. The Vita didn't fail because Sony "messed up". The Vita failed because demand didn't support it. That won't change with a new handheld.

I still think there's a market for handheld gaming. Sure, it's decreased over the years, but you can still find success there. The last time I checked, the 3DS was pretty successful. As long as they have realistic expectations, I think they can still make a profit from it. No handheld is going to do DS numbers again, but it doesn't have to. They just have to market it properly and not give up at the first sign of trouble. If they make a device that's appealing to core gamers, then people will buy it. I believe there are people out there who would rather play a proper gaming experience on the go rather than some trash mobile game. Would it be smart of them to do this? Probably not, but I don't think giving up is the answer either. Nintendo are going all out on handheld gaming with the NX (at least with what we know from the rumours), and it's up to Sony if they're going to leave them unchallenged.

I still think there's a market for handheld gaming. Sure, it's decreased over the years, but you can still find success there. The last time I checked, the 3DS was pretty successful. As long as they have realistic expectations, I think they can still make a profit from it. No handheld is going to do DS numbers again, but it doesn't have to. They just have to market it properly and not give up at the first sign of trouble. If they make a device that's appealing to core gamers, then people will buy it. I believe there are people out there who would rather play a proper gaming experience on the go rather than some trash mobile game. Would it be smart of them to do this? Probably not, but I don't think giving up is the answer either. Nintendo are going all out on handheld gaming with the NX (at least with what we know from the rumours), and it's up to Sony if they're going to leave them unchallenged.

I disagree. I think the market may support one handheld (so Nintendo is lucking out with its success there). I think two just won't happen, though. (I also think Nintendo will get burned by its reliance on handhelds soon enough).

It doesn't matter, though. Sony took such a bath on the Vita that even if the market was ripe for a competitor, they would shirk from it.

I disagree. I think the market may support one handheld (so Nintendo is lucking out with its success there). I think two just won't happen, though. (I also think Nintendo will get burned by its reliance on handhelds soon enough).

It doesn't matter, though. Sony took such a bath on the Vita that even if the market was ripe for a competitor, they would shirk from it.

I happen to think the market for handheld gaming is the biggest it's ever been and growing daily. It's just no one has put out the perfect compelling device with the right capabilities. It's not a kitchen-sink scenario or even a spec-for-spec competition. The perfect portable form factor with the right performance, the right approach for developers and the right marketing. It certainly hasn't happened yet, no one is even all that close. I love my Vita, but it's got issues with just about all the required points.

Sony would be psychotic to introduce another handheld right now, but another two years and the market will be primed for their next foray and they need to get it right.

And where did I say people would buy the Scorpio at that price? Guess you need to understand what I say and what I don't say more than I apparently don't understand the business.

Microsoft won't sell the Scorpio for $1000 even if it costs them that much to make because they also know nobody would buy one at that price.