Goostaph-BR

Servers Down - 2016-SEP-05

21 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone.

I've been trying to play FC2 since yesterday without success.

The message "You will be unable to participate in any ranked matches" appears right after entering multiplayer mode and I can't search any "Player Match".

Does anyone know if the servers are being shutdown or if this is only an issue that will be solved?

Thanks!

Goostaph-BR

Still down. Hopefully it's temporary. Been 3 days now and I really don't want this to be added to my unobtainable list aha.

I hope to return to work soon, I will work on this platinum yet!  :unsure:

Guys, any news on the servers? I really hope they didn't shut them down. Do you think that Ubisoft would play a dick move on us and not announce the server shutdown? I mean, not every company is Activision.

Guys, any news on the servers? I really hope they didn't shut them down. Do you think that Ubisoft would play a dick move on us and not announce the server shutdown? I mean, not every company is Activision.

Just tried and it's still down, however I think this has happened before. I think it's best to wait until at least Monday before jumping to conclusions

Seeing as how they gave us 30 days' notice for Call of Juarez & HAWX 2, I'd expect the same treatment for FC2 if they decided to shut down its servers.

I wouldn't worry.

I think someone should contact Ubisoft support or something to let them know about the issue. It's true, it all happened before

And what about xbxo360 servers? If they still up and running, then nothing to worry about.

UPD

Servers are up now

Edited by nikkiyama

Can confirm the servers are back up everybody :D

Nice, thanks for letting us know :)! I tried to play earlier today and it didn't work yet, good to know it's back up now.

They legally have to give you a 30-day notice.

They legally have to give you a 30-day notice.

No, they don't. It's "nice" that they do, but there are no actual laws that state this.

No, they don't. It's "nice" that they do, but there are no actual laws that state this.

If you read the back of a case it says "Ubisoft may cancel access to any specific online features UPON 30-Day prior notice." So yeah they have to, would anyone ever sue them if they didn't? Highly doubt it.

If you read the back of a case it says "Ubisoft may cancel access to any specific online features UPON 30-Day prior notice." So yeah they have to, would anyone ever sue them if they didn't? Highly doubt it.

Not for everyone it seems. I just looked at my copy of Farcry 2 and it doesn't actually have that written on the back. Call of Juarez the Cartel does though.

Can confirm the servers are back up everybody :D

it is good to read it!  ;)

That's a policy, not a law.

The PSN store has most games' descriptions stating that (roughly quoted) "Some features or online capabilities may be discontinued without prior notice"

I finished the multiplayer years ago and I STILL haven't Platinum'ed this. This game...I've seen things. It leaves a scar on your soul to do multiplayer for this.