Best end of 2016 games?

FOX-MIND

I don't think we can really say since a lot aren't out yet. I'm fairly excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Last Guardian though (TLG is still this year). Also interested to see how Watch_Dogs 2 turns out - hoping for an AC1 - AC2 type jump because Watch_Dogs was actually fairly good imo, but there was definitely room for improvement.

Assassin's Creed Ezio collection is also something I'm excited for.

• Like 2

I don't think we can really say since a lot aren't out yet. I'm fairly excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Last Guardian though (TLG is still this year). Also interested to see how Watch_Dogs 2 turns out - hoping for an AC1 - AC2 type jump because Watch_Dogs was actually fairly good imo, but there was definitely room for improvement.

Assassin's Creed Ezio collection is also something I'm excited for.

That's right it is now coming early December, definitely checking it out. Does Rise of the Tomb Raider comes with the old one by default or is it a special edition that does?

That's right it is now coming early December, definitely checking it out. Does Rise of the Tomb Raider comes with the old one by default or is it a special edition that does?

I think you only get the old one if you pre-order it digitally, but I'm not certain.

• Like 1

If you haven't played the BioShock games, the BioShock Collection is a cheap way to get 3 amazing games that are more than your average shooter. 

Parker

Really considering that collection and I haven't played any of those games besides like 20 min of the first one.

Dishonored 2 and Gravity Rush 2 are pretty much the only two games I expect to get for the rest of the year. Super excited about both, so it's not all bad though.

Is Gravity Rush 1 worth buying for PS Vita? maybe I'll try that one first before GR2

If Final Fantasy XV lives up to even HALF of it's hype. It'd be good to pick up in November.

I wouldn't count on it coming out November, get ready for more 6 months of delay or something lol

Is Gravity Rush 1 worth buying for PS Vita? maybe I'll try that one first before GR2

More than worth. It's universally taken as one of the best Vita games (sure, because it's actually game for everyone but that's irrelevant xD)

World of Final Fantasy, just looks too cute.

But that screams Vita :D

It is, but the PS4 version is better.

It's easier, but saying it is better is too subjective :P

No... it's not worth buying the inferior version, purposely just to give yourself a reason to buy another Vita game, or so you feel you're getting more out of the Vita. Just buy the PS4 version..... especially since comfortability and controls will transfer over to GR2 immensely better than coming over from Vita.

Oh, do tell how original is the inferior one and port is the superior one :P

It's a game that utilizes Vita features and those were tweaked or removed, hardly that can be called superior, right? :P

Really...? Thats a terrible argument. The PS4 has its own features, so obviously it cant utilize Vita's (inferior) features. The remaster does however uses the PS4's features so that cancels out that (your) point.

Lastly, from a technical game standpoint, Gravity Rush Remastered performs better, has higher quality music, better graphics, better and improved framerate, additional features the original did not have, a more accurate, not limited, and engaging Kat model, tighter and more comfortable controls which at the sametime decreases the backlash and frustration with the original game's controls because of the awkward Vita gimmicks, improved graphics increases immersion since view distance is better and things are more appealing too look at as oppose to passing by it without paying even a fraction of a sec to it, and more.

Which version a person can enjoy more can be either the original or remaster, but the remaster is objectively the better version of the game.

Edited by Mar

Rise Of The Tomb Raider, The Bioshock Collection and The Walking Dead Season 3 are the only new games i'm buying for the rest of the year. Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2 and Mafia 3 look great but I'm gonna wait for complete editions for those. Titanfall 2 and BF1, I'll wait for reviews.

More than worth. It's universally taken as one of the best Vita games (sure, because it's actually game for everyone but that's irrelevant xD)

But that screams Vita :D

It's easier, but saying it is better is too subjective :P

Oh, do tell how original is the inferior one and port is the superior one :P

It's a game that utilizes Vita features and those were tweaked or removed, hardly that can be called superior, right? :P

I'll tell both of you why it's objectively superior [and thus not subjective], Gravity Slide controls aren't wonky as hell. Blue Point did an incredible job remastering the artwork. No longer do we have to deal with a sub-native resolution Gravity Rush on a 5'' screen. But a beautiful 1080p game. And tilting the DS4 vs the entire screen [thus game] is far better user experience. It's disorienting to play the Vita version and tilt the screen [any game with this type of control method is bad, it's why the Flower port isn't liked by most people and it's for good reason].

Dodging is mapped to a button *or* swiping the touch pad, instead of being forced to use the touch screen like on Vita. Which while it works, wasn't ideal. 60FPS on PS4, PS4 includes all DLC [DLC that never goes on sale on Vita]

I love the Vita version, it's one of my favorite games on Vita even with the PS4 version, hence the original platinum being in my cabinet and not the remastered plat. But to suggest anyone choose the Vita version over PS4 when they have the option is ludicrous.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

I'll tell both of you why it's objectively superior [and thus not subjective], Gravity Slide controls aren't wonky as hell. Blue Point did an incredible job remastering the artwork. No longer do we have to deal with a sub-native resolution Gravity Rush on a 5'' screen. But a beautiful 1080p game. And tilting the DS4 vs the entire screen [thus game] is far better user experience. It's disorienting to play the Vita version and tilt the screen [any game with this type of control method is bad, it's why the Flower port isn't liked by most people and it's for good reason].

Dodging is mapped to a button *or* swiping the touch pad, instead of being forced to use the touch screen like on Vita. Which while it works, wasn't ideal. 60FPS on PS4, PS4 includes all DLC [DLC that never goes on sale on Vita]

I love the Vita version, it's one of my favorite games on Vita even with the PS4 version, hence the original platinum being in my cabinet and not the remastered plat. But to suggest anyone choose the Vita version over PS4 when they have the option is ludicrous.

That IS basically what I said. But yes, exactly.