Best end of 2016 games?

FOX-MIND

I never really thought about it, but knowing that the dodge is on a button and I dont have to tilt like a maniac to play, sounds like the PS4 version is better. I have it in my backlog so i should play it sometime.

The other thing is when the Vita has those miscalibration moments. Normally you dont notice since Gravity Rush is one of few games that abuse motion controls so much, but when it kicks in it really ruins the experience. I havent noticed those with the DS4 in the years ive used it.

• Like 1

I'll tell both of you why it's objectively superior [and thus not subjective], Gravity Slide controls aren't wonky as hell. Blue Point did an incredible job remastering the artwork. No longer do we have to deal with a sub-native resolution Gravity Rush on a 5'' screen. But a beautiful 1080p game. And tilting the DS4 vs the entire screen [thus game] is far better user experience. It's disorienting to play the Vita version and tilt the screen [any game with this type of control method is bad, it's why the Flower port isn't liked by most people and it's for good reason].

Dodging is mapped to a button *or* swiping the touch pad, instead of being forced to use the touch screen like on Vita. Which while it works, wasn't ideal. 60FPS on PS4, PS4 includes all DLC [DLC that never goes on sale on Vita]

I love the Vita version, it's one of my favorite games on Vita even with the PS4 version, hence the original platinum being in my cabinet and not the remastered plat. But to suggest anyone choose the Vita version over PS4 when they have the option is ludicrous.

I'll ignore graphics and performance because that's secondary and go to gameplay points.

Gravity Slide... I'll be objecting here. Vita way of doing it is superior no matter how you look at it. Holding corners of the screen isn't that hard and turning by tilting Vita is much more intuitive than holding 2 buttons and titling the stick.

Okay, dodging. That's implying you actually need to dodge in this game. Sure, it's better to have it on button, but when you tilt the whole screen, it feels you are more immersed in the game.

But I guess I won't persuade you here since you seem to hate screen tilt.

Having all DLCs is definitely a valid point. But considering how cheap Vita GRs are due to age of the game, getting DLCs may end up being cheaper than getting GRR due to being PS4 and relatively new game.

I wouldn't ever say the remastered version is a bad port. On the contrary, it's a great game. But all the changes killed the Vita essence. And if one wants to experience the true Gravity Daze experience, they should start with Vita. That's why I say it's superior. 

Obviously, PS4 versions are superior performance and graphics-wise, but that is not important.

Gravity Slide... I'll be objecting here. Vita way of doing it is superior no matter how you look at it. Holding corners of the screen isn't that hard and turning by tilting Vita is much more intuitive than holding 2 buttons and titling the stick.

Okay, dodging. That's implying you actually need to dodge in this game. Sure, it's better to have it on button, but when you tilt the whole screen, it feels you are more immersed in the game.

But I guess I won't persuade you here since you seem to hate screen tilt.

Having all DLCs is definitely a valid point. But considering how cheap Vita GRs are due to age of the game, getting DLCs may end up being cheaper than getting GRR due to being PS4 and relatively new game.

I wouldn't ever say the remastered version is a bad port. On the contrary, it's a great game. But all the changes killed the Vita essence. And if one wants to experience the true Gravity Daze experience, they should start with Vita. That's why I say it's superior. 

Obviously, PS4 versions are superior performance and graphics-wise, but that is not important.

It is not intuitive, it's a pain in the ass to use the touch screen for it and banking corners quickly especially. It works, and is "fun" in more lax areas but for challenges it's a massive hindrance. It is not at all more intuitive than button usage. Unless you've never touched a controller in your entire life. But then tilt controls would be even more so. All the Gravity Slide missions go from being a pain in the ass on Vita, to easy as hell on PS4. It's not because they changed how much time you need. It's because the controls aren't terrible. You're flat out wrong. You can deny it all you want, but any actual objective look at it would come to the same conclusion.

With that logic you don't 'need' to gravity slide either. So even for the sake of argument, if you were right about the controls being better on Vita [lolno], then that doesn't matter at all. You don't have to do the gravity slide missions, and you don't have to even use gravity slide in them [you just probably won't do hugely well in some of them without it].

The DLC for Gravity Rush will always be $12. Never less. While Gravity Rush Remastered will indeed be for less when it goes on additional sales in the future, the base Vita game will too but you still have to add $12 to it no matter what. And it's an objectively inferior version. The fact you even said, "But all the changes killed the Vita essence" means you aren't actually working objectively. What does that even mean? How do you measure a game's "essence"? It's far better on PS4 in every measurable way. Controls, framerate, resolution, texture quality, character models, Anti-Aliasing, sound... and I enjoyed it even more on PS4 due to it being less frustrating in controls.

If you personally prefer Vita, that's fine, but don't come and say it's objectively better when it obviously is not. Anyway, this is completely off topic. So I'm done.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

oh no.. I don't own a vita -.-' 

You should :P

Yupp. It's also confirmed for the Vita. It was released for ps3 in japan, but there hasn't been any information about a ps3 version in the west.

Well, it's the destiny of pretty much all PS3 games from now on.

I would guess P5 is going to be the last PS3 localized game. 

I was thinking about it a while back, but not sure.. What are your experiences with it??

any suggestions ?

Oh boy, I don't think you know who you're asking that question to. You asked for it. :awesome:

My advice? Run. Run as fast as you can! :P

bfb.gif

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

Oh boy, I don't think you know who you're asking that question to. You asked for it. :awesome:

My advice? Run. Run as fast as you can! :P

bfb.gif

Haha, ok I'll try :P btw.. that gif ... I won't run like that .. :P (too hilarious!) xD 

You probably shouldn't ask this question to the biggest Vita fan, though xD

It depends on your stance towards Japanese games :)

Hmm the biggest???? 

And I would like to think I like em.. You mean Japanese all the way or somewhat translated?? since I can't read japanese wished I could tho...

Hmm the biggest???? 

Wolfie's post should be enough of a confirmation :awesome:

And I would like to think I like em.. You mean Japanese all the way or somewhat translated?? since I can't read japanese wished I could tho...

Both. Majority of games on Vita are Japanese localized games, however, eventually, you will run out of them and you need to go to the glorious land of Nippon for more =D

• Like 1

Wolfie's post should be enough of a confirmation :awesome:

Both. Majority of games on Vita are Japanese localized games, however, eventually, you will run out of them and you need to go to the glorious land of Nippon for more =D

yeah, I'm still figuring out where to run to...

And true, but that sort of won't be a problem since I wanna go to japan don't really know when yet.. But definitely wanna go there.. And when I'm there why not bring some games with me right? :P 

yeah, I'm still figuring out where to run to...

You can run but you can't hide :awesome:

And true, but that sort of won't be a problem since I wanna go to japan don't really know when yet.. But definitely wanna go there.. And when I'm there why not bring some games with me right? :P

Then start collecting at least localized ones now :P

• Like 1

You can run but you can't hide :awesome:

I.. Can't .. hide? :|  well then why bother running.. I can play games instead of running lol 

Then start collecting at least localized ones now :P

Hehe, there are some with ps+.. buuut you know the game from mahouka? (The irregular at magic high school)