It has been 8 years.... [Beyond Good and Evil 2 is in Pre-Production]

xZoneHunter

Following a teaser image last week, Beyond Good & Evil series creator Michel Ancel has since posted two more images of what appears to be artwork for the long-awaited Beyond Good & Evil 2, and confirmed the game is in pre-production.

Michel-Ancel-Art_10-04-16_001-280x350.jpMichel-Ancel-Art_10-04-16_002-280x350.jp

“‘Ready for the fight,'” Ancel said in the description of the first new image (right), posted on September 29. “Independence Ubisoft day.”

In the description of the second new image (left), posted today, Ancel said, “Endangered species—now saved. Game in pre-production. Stay tuned!”

Beyond Good & Evil 2 was first announced in 2008.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

RG0BS1U.gif

Kind of sad it's only in pre-production at this point since Ubi was hinting at it for quite a few times over the past few years. At least we got some official confirmation it's still getting made. Looking forward to play this in 2018...

• Like 2

If Nintendo wants to sell me an NX, that's the way to do it though.  :angel:

i know but, it seems kind of cheap to me, making a previously non-exclusive IP now exclusive.

they did this too with the fatal frame/project zero franchise, making it a nintendo exclusive even when the first trilogy was released on both the ps2 and xbox. i'll never forgive them for that!

Edited by smellslikejavier

Sounds more like a retelling of the Duke Nuke'em 10+ year production marathon...and we all know how that one ended...

Didn't think the original was all that to begin with...nothing more than a Ziff-Davis media darling that they spent too much energy over-hyping before it was released and couldn't do anything except stand by their guns as the game failed to move copies. The falsehood continues today, mostly by people that never actually played it on its initial PS2 run...lauding its cult game status, attempting to shame anyone who disagrees with its "greatness" in the halls of gaming history.

I don't reckon it will come out anytime soon, if Ubisoft/Michel felt so strongly for the series they would have released the sequel by now. Both Michel and Ubisoft has done numerous of projects since BG&E2 was 'far in development' and that got told like 3 years ago or so.

I loved the first in the franchise but lost hope with how many times I've read that it was going to get made soon and when soon came they said the same resonse again... Lets hope Legacy Of Kain doesn't end up sharing the same fate as this.

ZachBoardyHD.png

If Ubi doesn't want to sell copies of its long-awaited sequel, they'll make it an NX exclusive. Im pretty sure Ubisoft isnt that dumb. Exclusives should be for 1st party games anyways. This trend of 3rd party devs/pubs selling out exclusive rights is disturbing and mental.

i know but, it seems kind of cheap to me, making a previously non-exclusive IP now exclusive.

they did this too with the fatal frame/project zero franchise, making it a nintendo exclusive even when the first trilogy was released on both the ps2 and xbox. i'll never forgive them for that!

Blame Sony, Microsoft or the original publishers for that. Nintendo hardly held the series hostage, the other publishers clearly just weren't interested in it to keep it on their consoles, and I'm sure they'd be able to do so if they were.

Sounds more like a retelling of the Duke Nuke'em 10+ year production marathon...and we all know how that one ended...

Didn't think the original was all that to begin with...nothing more than a Ziff-Davis media darling that they spent too much energy over-hyping before it was released and couldn't do anything except stand by their guns as the game failed to move copies. The falsehood continues today, mostly by people that never actually played it on its initial PS2 run...lauding its cult game status, attempting to shame anyone who disagrees with its "greatness" in the halls of gaming history.

That sounds similar to the Uncharted games at the moment. A lot of people who heap praise on that have barely even played it and can barely describe why it's good. I love Beyond Good and Evil and I 100%'ed it on the 360 and PS3, do I count as a poser? 

Blame Sony, Microsoft or the original publishers for that. Nintendo hardly held the series hostage, the other publishers clearly just weren't interested in it to keep it on their consoles, and I'm sure they'd be able to do so if they were.

That sounds similar to the Uncharted games at the moment. A lot of people who heap praise on that have barely even played it and can barely describe why it's good. I love Beyond Good and Evil and I 100%'ed it on the 360 and PS3, do I count as a poser? 

Everyone has individual tastes...I still consider Red Storm Rising to be in my personal top 5 games EVAR...but it doesn't mean it's the same with everyone of the few people still alive and gaming today who played it back on that ancient 64k system. The gaming media beats everyone over the head on how wonderfully awesome this game was back in the day and how stupid people were for not listening to them and running out and buying it. I played it on the PS2, invested about 5-6 hours into it and found it lacking, and I'm one who enjoys the niche' title and looks to get into something completely different from the standard fare.

If Ubi doesn't want to sell copies of its long-awaited sequel, they'll make it an NX exclusive. Im pretty sure Ubisoft isnt that dumb. Exclusives should be for 1st party games anyways. This trend of 3rd party devs/pubs selling out exclusive rights is disturbing and mental.

I suppose this all depends on how much money Nintendo gives Ubisoft for exclusivity rights.  Beyond Good and Evil was on everything when it released and didn't sell very many copies so it certainly isn't a stretch to think that Ubisoft would rather take "for sure" money from Nintendo than risk going multiplatform and having another critical darling that loses money.  Besides, Nintendo has a history of doing this with similar games (i.e. Bayonetta 2). Not saying it is going to happen and I would rather it didn't, but where there is smoke...