STAR WARS EPISODE SEVEN CONFIRMED!

DanielVT

The fact that they plan on making another THREE makes it worse, not better. Unfortunately.

Oh, I see. I thought that since George Lucas has been planning these for awhile, people would not think that Disney is just pushing movies out, and instead following George Lucas's plan all along. To me that is very encouraging.

I would say... Give it a chance. It may surprise you. If you really don't like the idea of this, just ignore it and don't watch it. That's my view anyway.

Agreed SGandalf! That is what I would tell everyone as well. The movies have not been released yet, and who knows, maybe people will think these are the best Star Wars films yet! It is pointless to say they will be great or they will be bad, until they are actually viewed. My current stance is that I have faith in Disney to have respect for the franchise and the fans. They are not going to give Lucas 4 billion dollars, unless they are serious about creating quality and well-received films. At least from a business stance that is the case. They know that if they screw up number 7, they won't do nearly as well on the other two. As long as the people who made all the other six movies are behind the new trilogy (which appears to be the case), I'd say there is nothing to worry about.

I seem to be the only one thats elated the George -Ruins Everyfuckingthing- Lucas has nothing to do with SW? After prequels, clone wars show, tampering with the originals and fucking up Indiana Jones, I am happy hes done with it. In an interview he's even said that he hated the originals and that he loved the prequels. Hence why you only see shit from Family Guy or Robot Chicken making fun of the originals but not the prequels.

Im not gonna hold my breath for a fantastic VII, but nor am I gonna auto hate it before we even know any details or see it.

Im just fucking happy GL is gone.

guys you are all looking at this the wrong way. Disney also owns marvel and look what they have done with that, we have some great marvel movies that were made by Disney Lucas ruined the series by making episode 1 2 and 3 because he had full control and everyone just agreed with what he said even though some of it did not make any sense. I actually see Disney taking over Lucas films as a good thing because Lucas will not have complete control now he is just going to be an adviser. although i don't think there should be more movies look at the possibilities there are so many books that continue the story after luke takes down the empire with him rebuilding the Jedi order and his son raising an army for the dark side. like i said before look at what Disney has done with Marvel and look at all the possibilities they have in front of them and best of all Lucas is not in control for these upcoming movies

• Like 1

guys you are all looking at this the wrong way. Disney also owns marvel and look what they have done with that, we have some great marvel movies that were made by Disney Lucas ruined the series by making episode 1 2 and 3 because he had full control and everyone just agreed with what he said even though some of it did not make any sense. I actually see Disney taking over Lucas films as a good thing because Lucas will not have complete control now he is just going to be an adviser. although i don't think there should be more movies look at the possibilities there are so many books that continue the story after luke takes down the empire with him rebuilding the Jedi order and his son raising an army for the dark side. like i said before look at what Disney has done with Marvel and look at all the possibilities they have in front of them and best of all Lucas is not in control for these upcoming movies

Well then, I guess I'll wait for Disney to make this a reality then.

hCcTW.jpg

XC3Z0.jpg

• Like 2

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING MEEEEE!!!!!!!! **Gather's breath** I never thought George Lucas would do this. Star Wars was meant to be 6 films. It was supposed to be a saga telling the tale of the Skywalkers and their struggles. Now that PRICELESS ending to Return of the Jedi means NOTHING. And worst of all, its owned by Disney. George Lucas, you bastard, you finally blew it...

It was actually meant to be 9 films...

• Like 1

For some reason this doesn't excite me too much. We have to give Lucas credit for creating the whole thing and revitalizing a dying genre in the 70s, but honestly, the new trilogy is garbage and the best movies from the old one are directed by other people.

As long as this means that someone talented is gonna get a shot at it, I'm all for it. And who knows, maybe we'll even see the original trilogy released on blu-ray without Lucas endlessly ****ing it up with tons of CGI.

Exactly!!! Before GL released Episode III, he had always planned 9 total movies. In fact once he had even said that he may do 12 movies. Most people don't know this obviously.

GL enventually hated the idea of 3 more movies more than the Star Wars Holiday Special, which is saying a lot.

I think this could go either way, they could well and truly suck, or they could be great films. I've never really been a Star Wars fan myself, but I can understand the opinions of the fans, since nobody wants to see something they enjoy end up totally ruined, and some are keeping the worst case scenario (that Episodes VII, VIII & IX are going to be train-wrecks) in mind.

I feel slightly better and apologize for my uproar :blush:. I'm actually quite exctied to hear that Episode VII will be an original, all NEW story. Not going to keep up with every trailer, but I'm not as angry before as I am now.

And if they do 3-D with this, they better fucking improve it!

I hope they still use Hamill, Fisher, and Ford to some extent, but this is very exciting. The brand new story is so suprising and there are sooooooooooooooo many possibilities. However, it has been confirmed that Luke, Leia, and Han's story will be continued in one way or another. My mind is warped already with speculation! Also, I HATE 3-D. It is SOO overrated!

GL enventually hated the idea of 3 more movies more than the Star Wars Holiday Special, which is saying a lot.

He seems quite wishy-washy. I watched a video today that he just released, and he was talking about how he has the basic plan for the next trilogy and possibly X, XI, and XII, and he has handed all of his ideas and notes to Kathleen Kennedy who will be overseeing all future films.

Edited by DanielVT

While I am glad Lucas is not going to do anything with Star Wars anymore, I am not really that excited about new movies. I liked the idea of them ending at Return of the Jedi, then letting other people have their own take on what happens after. I just hope they don't mess up the continuity like The Clone Wars is doing now.

However, with all of the money Disney has this may be another chance to have Battlefront III, but I have my doubts. I will try to be optimistic about it though.

I'm not a star wars fan at all but it was quite interesting reading some of the responses. I was going to post something along the lines of "I'm sure Disney will milk it for cash" but it's a product that has already been milked to the bone. GL must realise that there's not as much cash to be made nowadays so he relinquishes it. It's probably a stroke of genius to be honest on Lucas' part

I'm not a star wars fan at all but it was quite interesting reading some of the responses. I was going to post something along the lines of "I'm sure Disney will milk it for cash" but it's a product that has already been milked to the bone. GL must realise that there's not as much cash to be made nowadays so he relinquishes it. It's probably a stroke of genius to be honest on Lucas' part

I am just continually shocked with how much hate this whole thing is getting. As a Star Wars fan, my opinion is what the hell! It is more Star Wars movies, just embrace the moment as no one was truly thinking there would ever be more, and the fact that there is is totally exciting to be a part of. I can now say that I saw Star Wars movies in theaters, and that is awesome!

Well It's sad that Disney will force LucasArts to make a new SW movie. I think that story in two trilogies is complete and other films will be nothing but moneymaking. So, I'm definetely not looking forward for this movie. But I'll be glad if I'm wrong :)

I understand where everyone is coming from when they say it is more moneymaking, but from the responses I keep seeing, the filmakers behind this are very passionate about the franchise. I am sure they will make a solid and well-received movie. Also, you may not have had the time to read through the comments, but Disney is not forcing Lucasarts to make three new movies. George Lucas originally planned a total of 12 movies, and as of a year ago, or a year before this deal, he was starting to really work on scripts and plotlines. Disney is not forcing this, rather they are funding it. Sure they will make alot of money from toys and products, but I would believe that they care about the franchise and want it to to well with future episodes. I am sure people's overreactions will be assuaged when the final product is visible.

On a final note, one guy ( I cannot remember his name) that is deep within the whole process, saw the storyline for the upcoming trilogy, and although he had to sign a confidentiality agreement, he said the new stories look to be the most exciting and dynamic episodes yet. Have hope people! A "New Hope" in a new trilogy that is! ;)

Edited by DanielVT

As a massive Star Wars fan I'm kind of disappointed. The Thrawn Trilogy is great and a worthy successor to the the original film trilogy. Retconning it with episode 7 is just going to ruin things.

The latest rumors that I am hearing is that the Extended Universe is going to be considered a parallel universe. That is of course rumor, but that is what one of the Lucas execs was heard to have mentioned. In my opinion this solution works out just fine.

Note: What I said is simply rumor and speculation, and should not be taken as Gospel so to speak. ;)

Yes, the Thrawn Trilogy were perfect movies. I could not think of a better way to continue the official story. However, we shall see what they do. For all we know the reports of an "original story" could be completely false and nothing more than rumors!!! We have two years to speculate. This is going to suck! :D

Edited by DanielVT