Playing before the release

Slysce

Hello! The naive me thought he'd try and see how fast he could plat WoFF from release and proudly show his rank in PSNProfiles to his friends.

Just to find out that, about 4 hours of countdown before PSN would even unlock the game to let me play, hundreds of people were playing for 10+ hours already, one of them with 77% trophies, an user named XSephiorthX.

Hell, some of them even had all boss fights uploaded in YouTube already and/or were live streaming gameplay.

Well, I lost interest in the game and threw it aside.

But just now I noticed PSNProfiles don't label these users as cheaters, so I was curious to know how they do it. What's the catch?

They aren't labelled as cheaters because they aren't cheaters. I'm wondering, did you seriously lose interest in the game just because people are playing it before you could? Damn, boy, that happens all the time when you have friends in game companies, they sell you games outside market time and before release, most of the first achievers in COD and those big AAA games are people who get the game before everyone else.

PSNP consider as cheaters people who have been reported to have illegitimate timestamps in their trophies or have platted anything not whitelisted in less than 30 minutes.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 4

Hello! The naive me thought he'd try and see how fast he could plat WoFF from release and proudly show his rank in PSNProfiles to his friends.

Just to find out that, about 4 hours of countdown before PSN would even unlock the game to let me play, hundreds of people were playing for 10+ hours already, one of them with 77% trophies, an user named XSephiorthX.

Hell, some of them even had all boss fights uploaded in YouTube already and/or were live streaming gameplay.

Well, I lost interest in the game and threw it aside.

But just now I noticed PSNProfiles don't label these users as cheaters, so I was curious to know how they do it. What's the catch?

Personally, I think it is a waste that you would toss the game aside just because other people got to play it before you.  If you were interested in the game at all, that interest shouldn't have died out because of the actions of others.

They aren't labelled as cheaters because they aren't cheaters. I'm wondering, did you seriously lose interest in the game just because people are playing it before you could? Damn, boy, that happens all the time when you have friends in game companies, they sell you games outside market time and before release, most of the first achievers in COD and those big AAA games are people who get the game before everyone else.

PSNP consider as cheaters people who have been reported to have illegitimate timestamps in their trophies or have platted anything not whitelisted in less than 30 minutes.

Personally, I think it is a waste that you would toss the game aside just because other people got to play it before you.  If you were interested in the game at all, that interest shouldn't have died out because of the actions of others.

Sorry, yeah, it's just a thing of the moment. I'll surely play the game another time. It's just that there's no more a fun challenge for me.

If you want to be first on the leaderboards for platting games, I'd check out smaller indie titles from time to time. I've gotten a few placements accidentally just by playing and platting games that don't receive as much mainstream attention (Valley and Virginia are two that spring to mind, there may be more that I don't know about).

"I'm not the first so I'm not playing"??? Wow. Makes me wonder why you'd even join this site since you weren't the first to do so.

If you want to be first on the leaderboards for platting games, I'd check out smaller indie titles from time to time. I've gotten a few placements accidentally just by playing and platting games that don't receive as much mainstream attention (Valley and Virginia are two that spring to mind, there may be more that I don't know about).

Slow down there, guys. Don't put words in my mouth. I never wanted to be first. I just wanted to see how well would I rank to the plat among other beginners fairly.

Edited by Slysce

Slow down there, guys. Don't put words in my mouth. I never wanted to be first. I just wanted to see how well would I rank to the plat among other beginners fairly.

Well sorry, this statement

The naive me thought he'd try and see how fast he could plat WoFF from release and proudly show his rank in PSNProfiles to his friends.

made me think that you had an interest in being on the "first achievers" leaderboards generally. 

My comment was meant kindly. 

• Like 1

You could still aim to be the first platinum achiever that got the game on the actual release date. For the Batman: Return to Arkham Collection, some guy got the games like 2 weeks early and they got Batman: Arkham City platinum 3 days before release, so my aim there was to be the first person to 100% it because they didn't get 100% on the DLC and I did it, I was also the 2nd platinum achiever. In cases where you start a game long after people have already done it, I think you could just aim to be the fastest achiever of the 100% of the game, it will still show people that you would have been the first person to platinum that game if you all got the game at the same time. 

There are a lot of stores out there who break street dates often which I find hilarious. Most of the POS's when you're ringing up a game will say in red threatening letters, this game is street dated until so and so.. Some you can bypass, some you can't, but if you sell someone a street dated game, you're putting your job on the line. I can understand if game blogs like IGN or Kotaku get it first to review it because you want your game to sell. Personally almost 98% of the games that I see that have trophy lists come out, already have people playing them. Especially if they're popular titled games. I personally never mind it because oh well. Also you have to take into consideration New Zealand &Australia.. they technically realistically have actual access to these games because of the extreme time difference.

You personally shouldn't put down a game because of it imo :P I only say put it down if you don't like what you see and then maybe go back to it later on.

Review copies, youtubers receive them a lot. There are also stores that break the street date, sometimes by a large margin. Best Buy near me broke the street date on MGS HD collection by an entire month

I'm laughing so hard at this for some reason lmao(I guess just my understanding of how simple it is to not break street dates). Like employees have to be careful when doing this.. But a whole month, god damn. They really got their shipment in early, but that's extremely careless on their part. When we receive in street dated items (GameStop), my store label the boxes marker all over released on ##/## .. Going back to my statement, if someone breaks a street date, they're just pretty careless since they should know this especially how serious it'll be if they sell it.

There are a lot of stores out there who break street dates often which I find hilarious. Most of the POS's when you're ringing up a game will say in red threatening letters, this game is street dated until so and so.. Some you can bypass, some you can't, but if you sell someone a street dated game, you're putting your job on the line. I can understand if game blogs like IGN or Kotaku get it first to review it because you want your game to sell. Personally almost 98% of the games that I see that have trophy lists come out, already have people playing them. Especially if they're popular titled games. I personally never mind it because oh well. Also you have to take into consideration New Zealand &Australia.. they technically realistically have actual access to these games because of the extreme time difference.

You personally shouldn't put down a game because of it imo :P I only say put it down if you don't like what you see and then maybe go back to it later on.

I'm laughing so hard at this for some reason lmao(I guess just my understanding of how simple it is to not break street dates). Like employees have to be careful when doing this.. But a whole month, god damn. They really got their shipment in early, but that's extremely careless on their part. When we receive in street dated items (GameStop), my store label the boxes marker all over released on ##/## .. Going back to my statement, if someone breaks a street date, they're just pretty careless since they should know this especially how serious it'll be if they sell it.

It's more along the lines that they don't care. Where I used to live a target nearby did it with most games by a week or 2

Sorry, yeah, it's just a thing of the moment. I'll surely play the game another time. It's just that there's no more a fun challenge for me.

You have nothing to be sorry for.  It is your enjoyment that matters, not my opinion.  I was just expressing the fact that I thought it was odd and did not make sense to me.  If that challenge is what encouraged you to play the game, then you do you.

Xeliot got the game early because he has a retail store that breaks street dates apparently.  He's not at 77% trophy completion though.

Just play it at your own pace, no point rushing games, you never enjoy games when you rush them.  These people at 77% trophy completion must be skipping cutscenes etc.

• Like 1