Drop Rates?

Dragn_Whytefyre

Can someone PLEASE explain the drop rates to me and why they're so f****d up in this game? I just killed five Shoalong Gui in a row. Five stars on all five and I got absolutely nothing. The "common" drops in this game seem to be as rare as the "rare". I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Even have an upgraded Connoisser Catalog equipped.

For reference, I've throttled three Long Gui and got one ingot, one nothing and one trap, using the exact same equipment.

Thanks in advance.

I feel you. I killed nearly 50 of Adamantoises and never got a single trapezohedron.

Though it's only a 25% chance they'll drop ANYTHING for the Shaolong Guis I'm afraid

Flipping a coin has a 50% chance of getting heads each time no matter how many times you flip it. It's not F'd up, your chance of success is low to begin with.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Ugh. And I thought the drops for the Souls games were low. Ever wonder why game devs do crap like that? Seems a bit evil to do the people who are buying/playing your games that way.

Think I'll send Fang to... have a chat with these people.

Use Dragon-Archon's advice and stick through it. The drop rates weren't that bad. I think I got more lucky than other people.

I think you got really lucky. I only got 2 Traps in 5 days and had to buy the rest of them because I was getting Platinum Ingots left and right.

Oddly enough, My drops are completely backwards. Out of 27 Shoalong Gui, 9 Dark Matter and 4 Gold Nuggets. Out of 9 Long Gui, 3 Traps and 2 ingots. I don't even need Traps or Dark Matter. I need cash.

It's like it knows.

Welcome to the world of JRPG. Esp. FF games... the drop rate in these games are very low... have you met FFIV's flan princess

For what it's worth though, FFIV was easily on of the most awful games in the series in terms of drop rates. I spent sixty hours total grinding for the secret summons, and only ever got three out of the four. The fact that getting so much of the best stuff in the game relied on those awful drop rates made this one of my least favorite games in the series (despite its awesome characters and good story). FFXIII while bad, was nowhere near as awful as FFIII or FFIV. It's on par with FFXII, I'd say (from my experience).

Imagine if they will implement "Get all weapons" trophy in FF XII remake. I still have nightmares about Zodiac weapons.

For what it's worth though, FFIV was easily on of the most awful games in the series in terms of drop rates. I spent sixty hours total grinding for the secret summons, and only ever got three out of the four. The fact that getting so much of the best stuff in the game relied on those awful drop rates made this one of my least favorite games in the series (despite its awesome characters and good story). FFXIII while bad, was nowhere near as awful as FFIII or FFIV. It's on par with FFXII, I'd say (from my experience).

FFXII... hopefully there won't be a trophy for that. IIRC I only got Zodiac Sphere and a Fomalhaut.

FFIV summons.. could remember spending hours grinding just to get a Summon stone and the disappointment of knowing that it is not that useful :|

But don't the Gui Bros replace the Adman Bros in the game? Haven't seen one in a long while.

as starcrunch061 said, a Adamantortoise is found in Gran Pulse. Adamanchelid could be fought again via Mission 33 but I don't think it is needed since it only gives Gold Dust and Scarletite.

FFXII... hopefully there won't be a trophy for that. IIRC I only got Zodiac Sphere and a Fomalhaut.

FFIV summons.. could remember spending hours grinding just to get a Summon stone and the disappointment of knowing that it is not that useful :|

as starcrunch061 said, a Adamantortoise is found in Gran Pulse. Adamanchelid could be fought again via Mission 33 but I don't think it is needed since it only gives Gold Dust and Scarletite.

Yeah. I found him. Eight tries and one whole Ingot. Think I may just go back to killing The Gui bros. Can't understand why anyone ever found this fun or enjoyable.

Yeah. I found him. Eight tries and one whole Ingot. Think I may just go back to killing The Gui bros. Can't understand why anyone ever found this fun or enjoyable.

Don't judge those of us who enjoy a good grind. I'd recommend you stay away from any Disgaea and their Item Worlds...

I think it took me a week or so of daily 2 hour grinding sessions to finish up the treasure hunting trophy mentioned.

• Like 1

You have 2 options on grinding trophies :

1- accept the challenge and prepare yourself..

2- ignore those trophies and move on...

It took me three months to get platinum and deep down i enjoyed myself a lot!

You have 2 options on grinding trophies :

1- accept the challenge and prepare yourself..

2- ignore those trophies and move on...

It took me three months to get platinum and deep down i enjoyed myself a lot!

I'd love to move on. Except for the fact Treasure Hunter is my last trophy before Platinum. Plus, the gamer in me won't let me stop. Bastard. He just keeps saying, "almost there. Almost there."

Don't judge those of us who enjoy a good grind. I'd recommend you stay away from any Disgaea and their Item Worlds...

I think it took me a week or so of daily 2 hour grinding sessions to finish up the treasure hunting trophy mentioned.

Odd response. Wasn't "judging" anyone. If you like monotonous grinding for hours on end, more power to you. All I said was, I couldn't understand why anyone would enjoy it. Perhaps I should've said "how" instead of "why"?

I didn't find the grinding in FFXIII all that bad, tbh. True - I'm used to grinding, but the trapezohedrons popped (relatively) quickly. A 5% drop rate for such a few items is pretty reasonable, in the grand scheme of things (as a point of reference, rare drops in Star Ocean had about a 5% rate, but you had to get 255 of them for three separate characters).

I'd love to move on. Except for the fact Treasure Hunter is my last trophy before Platinum. Plus, the gamer in me won't let me stop. Bastard. He just keeps saying, "almost there. Almost there."

It can take as long as you want, if you insist enough you can ! good luck

Don't misunderstand. It's not like I've never played a game that required a certain amount of farming and/or grinding. I mean, pretty much every game you play nowadays has it. Just nothing on this level. To me, it's just not fun. At all. But as I said, I'm so close to Platinum, I can't quit. Even though I'd really, REALLY like to do exactly that.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic, but I thought I'd give my thoughts on the "best way". Which is using the Adamantortoise Cieth Stone. It takes longer for the actual tortoise, but this is why I think it is the best:

- quaranteed Gold Ingot drop

- ~7 possible Chocobo digging spots for extra ingots/dolls depending on your path of choice

- can do it with Death method, since you can charge TP getting back to Cieth stone

- can run the route backwards for variety, which further helps preserving sanity

Now one might think it's bad since there's a chance a run could come up with only 60k, but in reality you'll always get more than that due to chocobo treasures. Also with platinum ingot a run total can easily reach up to 250k. You can also sell things like unneeded Mnar stones, Traps and shrouds for a bit extra.