Under 10 Hour Platinums?

MarkGibbons

I've looked around for lists of 'easy platinums' and I'd like to put my Journalism to the test and go write up a page with the easiest platinums and a short description of both, In saying that, even if the platinum is written already, your information/details on the game are still appreciated, for example, ”

Megamind took me 9 months because it was incredibly bad, yet It can be completed in only a few hours.”

I'll compose the current list below, and try and refigure the order

-

1) Trine 2 - One of the very few easy-platinum games that are actually enjoyable. You can earn this platinum in only a couple hours, before even completing the game, but It's a beautiful game to look at, and I definitely think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

trine2screen02-530.jpg

2) Resistance: Burning Skies - (PS®Vita Only) - One of my favorite games on the Vita, not only is it a fantastic game thats highly enjoyable, you'll snag that platinum in as little as 4 hours, Definitely worth picking up!

resistance-burning-skies-31.jpeg

3) The Penguins of Madagascar: It's a typical disney game, in the same league as games like Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, and “UP!” - The game itself I found to be somewhat enjoyable if you can find it in your heart to enjoy the simplistic nature of these games.

Madcap-penguin-fun-in-Madagascar-for-Kinect-RDDMTD6-x-large.jpg

4) Cars: Race-O-Rama! - I personally came into this one high expectations, I mean, what could go wrong with a racing games, boy was that only the beginning of it - Even though this platinum was obtained in roughly 10 hours, there are a certain kind of race called "Guido Kart" Racing in which you are forced to use Guido as a character

Guido cannot turn, you will, no matter your abilities, spend the race grinding the walls, spinning out, and racing at low speeds, not only to mention that his the slowest car(kart?) in the entire game, he alone makes this one of my most hated “Under 10 Hour” Platinums.

guido.png

5) UP! - I actually found this game quite enjoyable, a nice little adventure puzzle game, but keep in mind that this platinum is very collection heavy, in requiring you to find a set amount of every type of insect in the game, to avoid multiple playthroughs, and hours of searching, I'd recommend hunting these insects from the start, exploring, and try and enjoy the game for what it is, rather than what it's not, if all goes well, you'll snag this platinum in under 8 hours!

_-Disney-Pixar-Up-PS3-_.jpg

Continuation (credits to Scotty243)

256px-Crysis_Cover.jpg

Crysis

One can simply plat this game in under 10 hrs. and all in one playthrough. The game isn't hard at all but is quite fun if you really want to go "tactical". Story is meh, but something to enjoy for a bit and keeps you interested till the credits roll. I think it's worth the $19.99 I purchased it for but it's nothing you'll want to play again. It's one and done.

wanted.jpg

WANTED: Weapons of Fate

Love the film, thought the game was awful. This game incredibly pissed me off due to it's bullshit story and the dialogue. But whatever... The game can easily be beaten in 1 hr. 30 mins., and that's on Killer difficulty. The plat can be obtained in 6 hrs.

artsy-image.jpg

The Darkness II

While essentially not a 10 hr. plat, it's relatively close. One can clock in the plat at 12 hrs. A playthrough can last between 4-6 hrs. with the Vendettas mode lasting about 2-4 hrs. One of the reasons I listed this game is it NEEDS to be supported. It's quite fun and engaging with it being one of my favorites of '12 (this year has been quite shit...). You can easily pick up a used copy and return it the next day for a full refund.

header_killzone_3.jpg

Killzone 3 Multiplayer

This can easily be platted in under 10 hrs. if you already have leveled up and whatnot in the original main game, Killzone 3. Otherwise, it might last a few hours over 10, but not by much. Easy plat to obtain but becomes a drag almost instantly. Perhaps the main game is shorter? I've never had that much time to invest in the original main game since it was a rental.

Edited by MarkGibbons
  • Like 2

I've looked around for lists of 'easy platinums' and I'd like to put my Journalism to the test and go write up a page with the easiest platinums and a short description of both, In saying that, even if the platinum is written already, your information/details on the game are still appreciated, for example, ”

Megamind took me 9 months because it was incredibly bad, yet It can be completed in only a few hours.”

I'll compose the current list below, and try and refigure the order

-

1) Trine 2 - One of the very few easy-platinum games that are actually enjoyable. You can earn this platinum in only a couple hours, before even completing the game, but It's a beautiful game to look at, and I definitely think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

trine2screen02-530.jpg

2) Resistance: Burning Skies - (PS®Vita Only) - One of my favorite games on the Vita, not only is it a fantastic game thats highly enjoyable, you'll snag that platinum in as little as 4 hours, Definitely worth picking up!

resistance-burning-skies-31.jpeg

3) The Penguins of Madagascar: It's a typical disney game, in the same league as games like Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, and “UP!” - The game itself I found to be somewhat enjoyable if you can find it in your heart to enjoy the simplistic nature of these games.

Madcap-penguin-fun-in-Madagascar-for-Kinect-RDDMTD6-x-large.jpg

4) Cars: Race-O-Rama! - I personally came into this one high expectations, I mean, what could go wrong with a racing games, boy was that only the beginning of it - Even though this platinum was obtained in roughly 10 hours, there are a certain kind of race called "Guido Kart" Racing in which you are forced to use Guido as a character

Guido cannot turn, you will, no matter your abilities, spend the race grinding the walls, spinning out, and racing at low speeds, not only to mention that his the slowest car(kart?) in the entire game, he alone makes this one of my most hated “Under 10 Hour” Platinums.

guido.png

5) UP! - I actually found this game quite enjoyable, a nice little adventure puzzle game, but keep in mind that this platinum is very collection heavy, in requiring you to find a set amount of every type of insect in the game, to avoid multiple playthroughs, and hours of searching, I'd recommend hunting these insects from the start, exploring, and try and enjoy the game for what it is, rather than what it's not, if all goes well, you'll snag this platinum in under 8 hours!

_-Disney-Pixar-Up-PS3-_.jpg

This is a great idea! Other under 10 hour plats you can include would be Spare Parts, SoundBeats, Madden 11, NCIS, Heavy-Fire Afghanistan, Battleship, Puss in Boots, Back to the Future, The Walking Dead, Green Lantern, Sly 1, Men in Black, Man vs. Wild, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Jurassic: The Hunted, Terminator: Salvation........................ :blah:

Edited by Vote Mitt Romney

I'm not sure if you want suggestions for an easy plat or... Anyways, I'll just post some up.

256px-Crysis_Cover.jpg

Crysis

One can simply plat this game in under 10 hrs. and all in one playthrough. The game isn't hard at all but is quite fun if you really want to go "tactical". Story is meh, but something to enjoy for a bit and keeps you interested till the credits roll. I think it's worth the $19.99 I purchased it for but it's nothing you'll want to play again. It's one and done.

wanted.jpg

WANTED: Weapons of Fate

Love the film, thought the game was awful. This game incredibly pissed me off due to it's bullshit story and the dialogue. But whatever... The game can easily be beaten in 1 hr. 30 mins., and that's on Killer difficulty. The plat can be obtained in 6 hrs.

artsy-image.jpg

The Darkness II

While essentially not a 10 hr. plat, it's relatively close. One can clock in the plat at 12 hrs. A playthrough can last between 4-6 hrs. with the Vendettas mode lasting about 2-4 hrs. One of the reasons I listed this game is it NEEDS to be supported. It's quite fun and engaging with it being one of my favorites of '12 (this year has been quite shit...). You can easily pick up a used copy and return it the next day for a full refund.

header_killzone_3.jpg

Killzone 3 Multiplayer

This can easily be platted in under 10 hrs. if you already have leveled up and whatnot in the original main game, Killzone 3. Otherwise, it might last a few hours over 10, but not by much. Easy plat to obtain but becomes a drag almost instantly. Perhaps the main game is shorter? I've never had that much time to invest in the original main game since it was a rental.

• Like 1

A few that can be obtained relatively quickly:

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection/Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection - 2-5 hours

Tekken Tag Tournament HD - 3-5 hours

NCIS - 5 hours

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - 6-9 hours

Kung Fu Panda - 4-7 hours

Edited by Kyouko_Sakura

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RISE OF THE GUARDIANS
They give you the locations of everything you need on each world map. You can literally plat it in a few hours.

SPARE PARTS
This is fairly easy to plat if you have a good co-op partner. Mostly just combat and collectables.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 6: EMPIRES

Incredibly easy to plat if you follow the proper save file method to get it done in one go.

SILENT HILL 3 (from the HD collection)

If you're already familiar with the series, this one should be no problem.  Only a few playthroughs are necessary to earn all the different items and endings.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...