Dishonored II - Trophies Thoughts

PBJ85

Ugh, I hated how the first game forced me to do a high chaos run, and now it looks like they're doing the same thing in the sequel. If you're going to make a stealth game, then reward me for actually being stealthy. I don't want to run around killing everything and everyone like some kind of generic FPS or something. I just remember being miserable doing that in the first game. I had a lot of fun with the game on the low chaos run though, since you know, that's the whole point of the game.

I get that they want you to see the different endings and what not, but it's just not fun for me. Let me play the game how I want to.

• Like 1

The trophy list looks a lot like the first game: some story-related, a few collectables, some special ways to kill enemies, power-related, and stealth trophies. I think it'll be a 3/10 or 4/10.

Ugh, I hated how the first game forced me to do a high chaos run, and now it looks like they're doing the same thing in the sequel. If you're going to make a stealth game, then reward me for actually being stealthy. I don't want to run around killing everything and everyone like some kind of generic FPS or something. I just remember being miserable doing that in the first game. I had a lot of fun with the game on the low chaos run though, since you know, that's the whole point of the game.

I get that they want you to see the different endings and what not, but it's just not fun for me. Let me play the game how I want to.

I'm just glad there isn't a high and low chaos ending for both Corvo and Emily. Doing 4 playthroughs would be ridiculous.

• Like 1

I'm just glad there isn't a high and low chaos ending for both Corvo and Emily. Doing 4 playthroughs would be ridiculous.

Well now that you mention it, I guess it could of been worse. I'm still not thrilled about the idea of running around like a headless chicken, shooting dudes in the face though. :P

Looks pretty similar to the 1st game severely disappointed by the return of the no kill trophy and the flesh and steel trophy, hate being forced to bypass every enemy and I hate games that give you special abilities but your forbidden from using them for a playthrough

Edited by JL85
  • Like 2

so much this!

The point of the game is to play however you want to. Whether it's stealthy or not stealthy is still your own choice.

Remember only a minority of gamers go for trophies. If you don't like the high chaos run, don't do it. No one forces you to go for the platinum trophy.

758.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 4

The trophies look easy, but I'd rather go ahead and say that the game is quite boring.

I'm gonna skip it anyway.

Is there a demo available?

The point of the game is to play however you want to. Whether it's stealthy or not stealthy is still your own choice.

Remember only a minority of gamers go for trophies. If you don't like the high chaos run, don't do it. No one forces you to go for the platinum trophy.

While I agree with this, a thread about trophy thoughts does seem like the right place to for trophy hunters to gather and talk about things they like/dislike to get the plat.

• Like 1

Sure, but the game quickly falls apart if you aren't playing stealthy. The game shines when you're taking your time, sneaking around enemies, and not getting caught. Anything else just feels like a lesser experience. It's a great stealth game, but a subpar action game.

That's not really the point. If you're going to make a trophy list for your game, then it should be enjoyable to earn all of the trophies. I mean that's why they put them in the game in the first place. They know people are going to want to get them. A trophy list that forces you to play the game in a way you don't like isn't fun. It's not like it's even challenging, it's just boring.

Edited by Undead Wolf

While I agree with this, a thread about trophy thoughts does seem like the right place to for trophy hunters to gather and talk about things they like/dislike to get the plat.

I understand but he said "Let me play the game how I want to." I was just trying to say that this actually is the point of the game dixit the developers.

And also that of course when you go for trophies you don't always get to play a game however you want, so at some point there is a choice to make.

Sure, but the game quickly falls apart if you aren't playing stealthy. The game shines when you're taking your time, sneaking around enemies, and not getting caught. Anything else just feels like a lesser experience. It's a great stealth game, but a subpar action game.

That's not really the point. If you're going to make a trophy list for your game, then it should be enjoyable to earn all of the trophies. I mean that's why they put them in the game in the first place. They know people are going to want to get them. A trophy list that forces you to play the game in a way you don't like isn't fun. It's not like it's even challenging, it's just boring.

Indeed but some people might find the action part more enjoyable, with games like this you can't cater to the needs and wants of one specific group.

• Like 3

First thing first, even though it isn't topic related, big shout out to the cover image of Emily looking like an absolute badass on her throne while Corvo stands just slightly behind her just hoping for you to make a move to see what happens.

On to the topic at hand, i hope to god that the mission checklist in this sequel works a hell of a lot better than the 1st, in that when you have received a ghost and 0 kill rating for all the missions that the trophy will actually pop. Im still salty over the fact that i was not awarded those trophies last time after seemingly meeting the requirements.

• Like 1