Going from game forum to game page

This is absolutely horrible, there is no link to the trophy guide either.

I'm always seeing a 'trophy thoughts' thread before I see the list and I have to always to go the games page (because sometimes  the game isn't on the homepage anymore) and open from there, then going to the thread again.

Also, unless I'm being downright retarded here, there are no links from a game to its trophy guide(s). You have to manually click any of the trophies and use that new page to go to the trophy guide. EDIT: now the trophy guide button takes to the trophy guide page and not to the extended trophy tips page anymore. Still, trophy guides need more visibility!

Edited by TheYuriG

Same with going from a gaming session to the game's page. I'm always looking for a link before finding my way back through one of the trophies.

Adding in links like these would indeed be super handy.

THIS

Clicking on a member of the Gaming Session should take you to his trophy list for the actual game was well!

Thanks, guys. I was feeling kind of dumb.

So, let me add my voice to the chorus. This feels like a good feature to add.

If I'm not mistaken this is planned for the site update. I know it has been mentioned before and I believe Sly said he was working on it. 

Parker

Sorry - I completely overlooked this post. Thanks for the info, Parker.

On a semi-related note, it's a bad idea to have separate sub-forums for every version of the same game.

x2 My Name is Mayo

x10 Root Letter

x6 The Evil Within

etc etc...

All it does is split the content, making it highly inconvenient to find relevant threads about the game. Only 1 version should have a sub-forum, that the other versions' "forum" page redirects to.

Agreed, even though it would make it much harder to understand the 'what version is this?' threads.

Agreed, even though it would make it much harder to understand the 'what version is this?' threads.

Yea that's the only pitfall. OPs will need to provide a link to the new trophy list in question. Or better yet, maybe every trophy list (or at least the questionable, foreign ones) can specify its region somewhere, similar to how it specifies the list's platform / owners / rarity / etc.

• Like 1

On a semi-related note, it's a bad idea to have separate sub-forums for every version of the same game.

x2 My Name is Mayo

x10 Root Letter

x6 The Evil Within

etc etc...

All it does is split the content, making it highly inconvenient to find relevant threads about the game. Only 1 version should have a sub-forum, that the other versions' "forum" page redirects to.

Hmmm. This might be a cause of concern. It seems like this idea is antagonistic to mine, since you would need 10 separate links to trophy pages on the same forum.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but when I'm on a forum, I don't see a quick way to go to the trophy page for the game I'm looking at. As a relevant example, I was just on the forum for "Emily Wants to Play". I opened a topic bemoaning the lousy trophy tiles. At this point, I wanted to click on something to take me to that game's Trophy Page, but I don't see it. 

What am I missing?

Sly showed this image as a status update not too long ago, so trophies and guides should be linked in the forums to some extent with the site update  ;)

9It5L.png

Same with going from a gaming session to the game's page. I'm always looking for a link before finding my way back through one of the trophies.

Adding in links like these would indeed be super handy.

If I remember right, clicking the thumbnail at the top-right will get you to the game page with the site update :)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Hmmm. This might be a cause of concern. It seems like this idea is antagonistic to mine, since you would need 10 separate links to trophy pages on the same forum.

To be fair, very few stackable games have more than 2-3 lists, so it shouldn't pose a huge issue.

Both our ideas could be synthesized if the trophy list links were properly labelled. For example, the Sound Shapes sub-forum may have a section that looks something like this: