Amnesia trophy thoughts?

Nerocrates

Had a feeling it could have done a combined list... not a bad idea at all.  But nice to see it has, I've seen people play the first game and have wanted to play it myself at some point, so on the PS4... I might be able to get the chance.  Just need to play it at night, all alone with the lights off x.x

Edit: Saw there's three games, two full games and I'm guessing one quick game?

Also, read all notes? Hopefully there's an ingame tracker of some sort where your notes get stored.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

Had a feeling it could have done a combined list... not a bad idea at all.  But nice to see it has, I've seen people play the first game and have wanted to play it myself at some point, so on the PS4... I might be able to get the chance.  Just need to play it at night, all alone with the lights off x.x

Edit: Saw there's three games, two full games and I'm guessing one quick game?

Also, read all notes? Hopefully there's an ingame tracker of some sort where your notes get stored.

i haven't played any of the games before and i didn't read the trophies because i'm scared of spoilers,are they easy?

I wouldn't mind playing this. Not sure on the difficulty though. I like the looks of the trophies.

I've only played the first game so I can't really comment on the other two, but to answer some of your questions:

-There are three games on this collection, Dark Descent which is the first game, Justine which is a short DLC of that game that was apparently made to promote Portal 2 I think at the time, and finally A Machine for Pigs which is the third game of the series and it was made by a different team (the one who made Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture) but it wasn't as well received as the first game which is considered the best one, still all of them are good from what I read.

-The trophies for Dark Descent aren't too difficult, most of them are automatically unlocked through the story although some requires collecting things like all the notes and that sort of stuff, and you'll need to replay it to unlock the other endings which are required for some trophies, right now I can't remember if the endings you get are based only on the actions you made at the end of the game or through the whole game. I think mostly the ones made at the end matters but I'm not sure.

Not to bad! If I don't get easily scared then this should be a good experience to platinum!

I don't know, at the time of its release it was considered to be one of the scariest games of all time, and me being a huge fan of horror games I thought I wasn't going to get too scared of it, but I did and I could only play it for like 30 minutes each time 'cause I was just too scared to keep playing it.

That was like 5 years ago though, maybe I can tolerate the game more this time. So if you get easily scared with horror games let me tell you that you WILL get very scared with this one :P still, the first one is such an awesome game so you really should try it and I think it would be nice to see more people supporting this console port so we can keep getting more console ports of this old games.

Maybe if Amnesia does well enough on PS4 we can get the Penumbra games too at some point! :D

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 3

I've seen the ending for the first game and I think if you don't do something in time, you die... so if you want to get out of it alive, you have to get it done in time... I think it was to do with the pillars around the room or something.

And finding all those tinderboxes will be fun... I suppose as long as you know how many there are all up, you should be fine.

Either way, I may get it next week if I have the money... or the week after, something like that.  Gotta get my spook on after all :D

I've only played the first game so I can't really comment on the other two, but to answer some of your questions:

-There are three games on this collection, Dark Descent which is the first game, Justine which is a short DLC of that game that was apparently made to promote Portal 2 I think at the time, and finally A Machine for Pigs which is the third game of the series and it was made by a different team (the one who made Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture) but it wasn't as well received as the first game which is considered the best one, still all of them are good from what I read.

-The trophies for Dark Descent aren't too difficult, most of them are automatically unlocked through the story although some requires collecting things like all the notes and that sort of stuff, and you'll need to replay it to unlock the other endings which are required for some trophies, right now I can't remember if the endings you get are based only on the actions you made at the end of the game or through the whole game. I think mostly the ones made at the end matters but I'm not sure.

I don't know, at the time of its release it was considered to be one of the scariest games of all time, and me being a huge fan of horror games I thought I wasn't going to get too scared of it, but I did and I could only play it for like 30 minutes each time 'cause I was just too scared to keep playing it.

That was like 5 years ago though, maybe I can tolerate the game more this time. So if you get easily scared with horror games let me tell you that you WILL get very scared with this one :P still, the first one is such an awesome game so you really should try it and I think it would be nice to see more people supporting this console port so we can keep getting more console ports of this old games.

Maybe if Amnesia does well enough on PS4 we can get the Penumbra games too at some point! :D

Maybe even the Clock Tower series at some point too?

Maybe even the Clock Tower series at some point too?

Maybe, but I mentioned Penumbra 'cause that's another horror game franchise from the same company who made Amnesia and Soma :) it's a horror trilogy that was made before Amnesia came out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penumbra_(series)

It never came to consoles so like I said if Amnesia does well on PS4 maybe they'll be interested to bring the Penumbra Trilogy too at some point in the future!

Wish we could get the Clock Tower series but I doubt that will happen :( unless Sony starts doing PS1 emulation on PS4 and we get the first two games? and then if Capcom joins the PS2 emulation we could get the third one. That's the only way I can think of that would allow us to get them on PS4.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Nice trophy list

I mean I don't see how they could have done three separate lists as the games are very much story orientated so story based and choice based is all they could have used

Definite purchase for me eventually :3

I know but they did that for Soma, all its 10 trophies are story related so just by finishing the game you'll get 100% of it :) that's why I was worried but thankfully they actually integrated the three games on the same list.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Side note. Nice trophy pics. Seems like they put some real effort into them, I appreciate that. 

Yes, I can't tell if the trophy list/achievements has/have been added recently (comparing to Steam as they mostly get the achievements way before PS4 when port) but seeing the number of achievers (on Steam) is pretty much none, I would say it is!

Varying the number of trophies, I have expected a 2 different lists but I'm glad they put them together (and a Platinum!)

Looks so nice, still very sad they didn't add a platinum for Soma. Believe it or not but this tiny detail made me skip the game back at launch, I'll grab on a sale.

As for Amnesia, I'll definitely grab it, I mean look at this :D

1La37e7a.png

What i wanted from Outlast :D Insanity

You take the words out of my mouth :D

And I like the fact they use this achievement/trophy to be the platinum picture with a final touch of adding a controller (PS4 I assume)

It will definitely be in my trophy cabinet :)

You take the words out of my mouth :D

And I like the fact they use this achievement/trophy to be the platinum picture with a final touch of adding a controller (PS4 I assume)

It will definitely be in my trophy cabinet :)

Glad to know you feel this way mate :) the trophy images looks so awesome, and the fact that they indeed added a ps4 controller there on the image makes all even more worthwhile.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ser_davos said:

Video guide for tinderboxes and notes in The Dark Descent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBPSKRfeQ0Q

Reveal hidden contents

5 out of 11 trophies in The Dark Descent are story-related and unmissable. There are also 3 different trophies for achieving each of the 3 possible endings. You can reload the last autosave and get these 3 endings in the same playthrough though. The other 2 trophies in The Dark Descent are 'NOPE!', all you need to do for that is save and quit back to main menu a few minutes after starting the game. Then there is Quitter, for that you need to allow yourself to die to the red growths chasing you after the bit where you escape your cell and collect the key from the pipe. This trophy description has misleading wording, you don't need to die in the cell but rather in the section afterwards.

Video guide for all notes in Amnesia: Justine + Still Alive trophy for finding the secret note https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9euuRXnF68

Reveal hidden contents

You will have to do 3 different playthroughs of Justine to get all 3 ending trophies as there is no save/load feature in this DLC. However it is a very short game and should not take you long. 

Video guide for all notes in A Machine For Pigs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQWR5wRDtKE

Reveal hidden contents

All trophies in A Machine For Pigs are story-related and unmissable.

I hope this can help, if you need any tips on getting the different endings in The Dark Descent or Justine feel free to ask here or on PSN and I will explain the best I can.

Thanks. This will really help me out 

• Like 1