Season 1

Bleach Soul Resurrection... 1 --> 100%

Everybode's Gone to the Rapture --> 100%

Bioshock 2 (PS3)... 69% --> 100%

Uncharted 3 (PS3)... 51% --> 100%

Easy and straight goals set :D

Goal achieved already, why stating it? :huh::D

That one is for fun :) 

OP updated, please everybody check their entry for any mistakes, i would be very surprised if i didnt make any! :)

I haven't noticed anything but PS3, PS4 and Vita games listed so far, but by "all games in your backlog are fair", does this include PS1 Classics, 3DS games, etc.?

Well, this being a Playstation-centered site, most people will do Playstation games. But i dont see a problem with using games for other systems. Lets just keep this restricted to consoles, if we start adding pc-games, it could get a little out of hand, i think :)

Edit: just read through the OP a bit more and you don't count new games as being part of the backlog, so forget my comments on Watch_Dogs 2, Fractured Butthole and Horizon Zero Dawn then. Personally every game I own but have not played through yet is on my backlog, so I didn't think about adding new games. I guess The Deadly Tower Of Monsters is a no-no then as well, seeing as I obtained it this month on PS+?

Personally, i only consider a game part of my backlog if i had it already for some time and either never got around to play it or have started is but got distracted by some other game and never got back to it. If i buy a game and play it right away, i dont consider it backlog.

Having said that, thats my personal definition of backlog and i wont enforce that as a hard rule. If you want to include new games in your backlog, thats fine with me. This event has no competitive character whatsoever, so theres not really a reason for me to be strict about which games are allowed and which not...

For now, i have entered you for the event, but kept your list as pending, just give me a shout when you have decided if youll keep the newer games or not!

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 1

Personally, i only consider a game part of my backlog if i had it already for some time and either never got around to play it or have started is but got distracted by some other game and never got back to it. If i buy a game and play it right away, i dont consider it backlog.

Having said that, thats my personal definition of backlog and i wont enforce that as a hard rule. If you want to include new games in your backlog, thats fine with me. This event has no competitive character whatsoever, so theres not really a reason for me to be strict about which games are allowed and which not...

For now, i have entered you for the event, but kept your list as pending, just give me a shout when you have decided if youll keep the newer games or not!

I consider each and every game I have immediately a part of my backlog until I finish the story, so if it's no big problem with you then I'm counting them (and keeping my list for now like I said in my previous post). I'm in it for the long run anyway, and I want to finish new games as well as old ones :)

Pre-Season

For now it's these games

Shadow of the Colossus

Goal: Story completion (Got hooked and decided to platinum)

Ico

Goal: Story completion

(if time allows) Witch and the Hundred Knight

Goal: Story completion. 

January 2017

Uncharted 3 remastered

Goal: Platinum

Enslaved: Journey to the west

God of War 2:

Edited by Roijia

I'm up for this as well. For now I'll only give a Pre-Season list.

Pre-Season:

Lost Dimension (PS3):

Current progress: 1%

Goal: Finish Story

Killzone (PS3)

Current progress: 29%

Monster Monpiece (Vita)

Current progress: 78%

Goal: Plat

• Like 1

Pre-Season:

WRC 5 (56% now) Goal: Platinum

LEGO Batman 2 (41% now) Goal: Platinum

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (68% now) Goal: Platinum

Season:

Red Dead Redemption (0% now) Goal: 70% completion

GTA IV (9% now) Goal: complete the story and have at least 40% completion

Dragon Age: Origins (56% now with 3 completed DLCs) Goal: complete the rest of DLCs

Far Cry 4 (0% now) Goal: Platinum

No problem!

It got lost in between the more pressing questions, but what kinds of updates do you expect once the event starts? Do we just need to post stats or shall we write reviews of the games we play as well?

I'm writing reviews on everything I play for a different event anyway so I don't mind writing, should also be fun to read the opinions of others on their games.

• Like 1

I like the review idea, love reading about games I haven't played and would be happy to write about mine if wanted. But I'm relaxed either way.

At any rate, here's a review of my Watch_Dogs 2 experiences up to now (mostly copied from a different thread):

Ld181ad.png

I've played more of it and I'm enjoying it a lot. Rather than a set story progress you had with the first game (as far as I could tell), this game takes its missions more in a GTA style and it's up to you which main storyline you want to do first. Persnally I first went to town on a movie studio making a bad cyber film and after that I started the fight against the in-game version of Scientology, New Dawn. It should be noted that Scientology itself still exists in the game (as I found a pedestrian of which the main info said "member of Scientology", and yes I called the cops on her).

That reminds me... Really loving the option of calling the cops on people. I do this a lot for jerks, gang members and New Dawn members especially (helps with getting the item in their territory and with completing missions) but I tend to do this on annoying pedestrians as well. Yesterday I was making a picture of something in-game (and the in-game way of making pictures is taking selfies) when two people started yelling at me for being a disgrace or whatever. At least one of those had either an appaling trivia or job, and neither was saintly in either so I called the cops on them both... Buh-bye.

I'm much more into this San Francisco Bay Area than I was into Chicago, that first game was so drab but this new game is very bright and colourful, which really sets the tone for the better characters, stories and missions. Also in contrast to Chicago, San Francisco is a place I've actually been.

I think that Watch_Dogs 2 is the first game to really get the new generation right, most of these other games trying to stay relevant are just failing badly and should stick to what they do best. DiRT 3 and SSX trying to make characters appeal to the internet generation? Bad. Life Is Strange over-using "hip" words? The main teen girl sounds more like a fifty year old man trying to impersonate one. Watch_Dogs 2 got it just right, and is hilarious at many points - though it might help that the protagonist group does not seem to be a pure group of millenials but rather a group of the oregon trail generation, which helps a lot in adding to their appeal. What helps is that social media is not their identity. They use it to gain recognition but it's not what they live for. Their "Alien vs Predator" discussion is one of the most amazing and spot-on geeky conversations I've ever seen in a game.

All in all, the game is much fun and as it is now I might just keep it after I finish the story, until I get some more side stuff done. In a week or two to three it will be off with it for Ezio though, even a game I like so much I will not play forever. I'm doing this with most games I buy new at release - play them as much as I feel like, trade it on after completing the story, and if it was that amazing I'll get it back some day when the price drops but before that time I'll just move on to other games. This reminds me that I still want to get back to Just Cause 3 some day now that all DLC has been released.

P.S. gerdoes: here's my current list, mostly done in your style thought I have added a way of tracking percentage increase. I'm guessing games should just be striked through when completed?

Pre-Season:

• The Deadly Tower Of Monsters || PS4 || Goal: Story || start: 0%
  • Watch_Dogs 2 || PS4 || Goal: Story || start: 30%, current: 39%

Season 1:

• Bloodborne || PS4 || Goal: Story || start: 3%
  • Bound || PS4 || Goal: Story || start: 3%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || Goal: 100% || start: 5%
  • Shadow Of The Beast || PS4 || Goal: Story || start: 1%
Edited by BillyHorrible

For Jan 2017 I'd like to start out at 4 games.

Bully (PS4)

Currently 13% (last earned 31st May 2016)

Goal: Platinum (100%)

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (PSVita)

Currently 10% (last earned 3rd August 2016)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles (PSVita)

Currently not started (Bought in sales this summer)

Knack (PS4)

Currently 17% (last earned 4th September 2014)

Goal: Story Completion and A-ranking as minimum.

One game to add to my Pre-Season.

Madden 12 (PS3)

Earn these two trophies so that if the servers get taken down I can still get the plat some day.

Edited by booshy_89

Hi, i'd like to join.

Here are my games:

-God of War 3 : platinum

-Assasin's Creed 2 : platinum

-Everybody's gone to rapture : platinum

-COD: advanced warfare : story completion

-Heavy Rain : story completion

All those games are at 0% right now except COD:AW is at 2% .

As for the pre-season, i'll go with Just Cause 3, story completion and at least having a B.

By the way, like others said before, i like the concept of the challenge.

Edited by dadoudelidou

Little update for my preseason, some progress albeit small across Mafia, Hatsune and Spyros. Must say I am quite surprised by how well Spyros holds up considering its age. Having started with the most recent Skylanders game it is actually nice to go back to the first one and see the basis for how it has developed. It is going to be quite a fun project to play through them all over the next year. Still considering my games for the the 1st season, it is surprising hard but fun to choose  :)

Pre-Season:

• Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor 16 % || PS4 || Goal: Platinum (base game)
  • Mafia 3 14 % || PS4 || Goal: Platinum
  • Hatsune Miku Project Diva X 68 % || PS4 || Goal: Platinum
  • Spyros Adventure 14% || PS3 || Goal: Platinum
  • Skylanders Giants 0% || PS3 || Goal: Platinum

Just wanted to announce you can expect the next update in the next 24 hours, ive been a little busy the last week :)

It got lost in between the more pressing questions, but what kinds of updates do you expect once the event starts? Do we just need to post stats or shall we write reviews of the games we play as well?

I'm writing reviews on everything I play for a different event anyway so I don't mind writing, should also be fun to read the opinions of others on their games.

Ah yes, i forgot about that! Well, every review or more detailed report of your experiences is welcomed, but its not something participants will have to do, just a voluntary contribution!

• Like 1

I played through The Deadly Tower Of Monsters today so I think I'm the first who can already claim one game done, unless I missed some stuff :)

I will write something more (and definitive completion percentage) on or after Wednesday, when its slot in the KYC event comes to an end. Until then, I'll do some collecting of collectables but I don't want to turn my goal into a platinum one just yet.

OP Updated, as always, please check for errors ;)

Still considering my games for the the 1st season, it is surprising hard but fun to choose  :)

Totally! I'm also still considering my games for the 1st Season, i think i will start to try to eliminate my disc based  ps3 backlog, mixed in with a few smaller ps4 and vita titles...

P.S. gerdoes: here's my current list, mostly done in your style thought I have added a way of tracking percentage increase. I'm guessing games should just be striked through when completed?

Yes, either post your updated list with the completed games striked through, or just tell me which games have had their goal completed and i will strike them through in the OP. Also, after each season, i will update a list of games with completed goals for every participant, so you'll have an ever growing list of ex-backlog games :)

Edit:

Almost forgot, i finished the story of inFamous First Light, just challenges and a few arena fights missing for the platinum, i hope those dont prove too hard...

I think i actually like Fetch more than Delsin from the main game, she seems a more interesting character, and her powers also are more fun. The story is pretty short, but after all, its just DLC. I dont know if for this length i would have bouhgt it, but i got it through ps+, so thats fine with me.

Edited by gernboes

I played through The Deadly Tower Of Monsters today so I think I'm the first who can already claim one game done, unless I missed some stuff :)

I will write something more (and definitive completion percentage) on or after Wednesday, when its slot in the KYC event comes to an end. Until then, I'll do some collecting of collectables but I don't want to turn my goal into a platinum one just yet.

Sorry man, I beat you to it. :P

Congratulations, on your completion all the same, though.

Sorry man, I beat you to it. :P

Congratulations, on your completion all the same, though.

Hmmm, I indeed seem to have missed your initial post :)

I'm still the first if we only count games with the story started after joining though, I see you had already completed the Ratchet storyline a few months ago and only needed to grind :D though that grinding probably took you more time than it took me to complete Deadly Tower from scratch... I've got the platinum now but at the time of my previous post I was just talking about playing through a story.

Yes, either post your updated list with the completed games striked through, or just tell me which games have had their goal completed and i will strike them through in the OP. Also, after each season, i will update a list of games with completed goals for every participant, so you'll have an ever growing list of ex-backlog games :)

Going to post my update on Deadly Tower later today, and I'll add all of my stats in it.

This sounds fun! I JUST bought a PS4 during black friday so I will only have 1 game for the pre-season, but count me fully in for season 1! I dont know how many games Ill be able to do but Ill just write 6 to give myself more variety.

Pre-season

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World || 14% || PS3 || Goal: Story Completion

Season 1

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X || 42% || PS Vita || Goal: Platinum

Dynasty Warriors 7 || 52% || PS3 || Goal: Platinum

Persona 4 Golden || 62% || PS Vita || Goal: Platinum

Tales of Xillia 2 || 60% || PS3 || Goal: Platinum

ワンピース 海賊無双 (One Piece Pirate Warriors) || 79% || PS3 || Goal: Platinum

Shadow of the Colossus || 0% || PS3 || Goal: Story Completion

Edit: having trouble formatting on mobile... will fix on PC

Edited by Darkskilling
  • Like 1

Lost Dimension (PS3):

Started at: 1%

Killzone (PS3)

Started at: 29% - 79%

Goal: Finish Story - Done

Monster Monpiece (Vita)

Started at: 78% - 81%

Goal: Plat

Killzone story completed, one of the worst shooters I've played.

Monster Monpiece is being a slog. Currently in the final area of the game.

Lost Dimension I'll probably only get back to on the weekend.