Which DOOM game is your favourite?

ToxicRedBull_

Favourite DOOM game.  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these is your favourite DOOM game?

• DOOM (1993)
    • DOOM II (1995)
    • DOOM 64 (1997)
    • DOOM 3 (2004)
    • DOOM (2016)

I just played DOOM (2016) for about 5 hours and I loved it. Although, I've finished DOOM (1993) and DOOM II (1995), I haven't finished DOOM 3 (2004). The reason why I haven't finished DOOM 3 is because... Well, it was very bad. At least, to me it was bad. And, whilst playing DOOM (2016), I started thinking. What's your favourite DOOM game?

What was wrong with Doom 3? I liked it despite being a port of a 2004 game with oudated graphics (graphics ain´t everything), and despite of the huge amount of people who didn't like it. Maybe the story wasn't that good, but I enjoyed the atmosphere and the feeling of being overwhelmed at times on nightmare difficulty. It may not be the "best" game I've ever played, but I still liked it.

Doom II is my favorite. I've spent countless hours playing it and making maps in Doom Builder. I've yet to 100% the PSN version though. The controls are pretty awful and I really hate some of the Master levels.

13 minutes ago, ToxicRedBull_ said:

I haven't finished DOOM 3 (2004). The reason why I haven't finished DOOM 3 is because... Well, it was very bad. At least, to me it was bad.

I didn't like Doom 3 at all. My experience with it was similar; I played it for a few hours and gave up on it.

Doom II. I only played this one and the original. I have Doom 3 BFG edition around here somewhere, but never got around to starting it, and haven't played the new one yet.

I played tons of Doom II, and even more time playing it via modem once we figured out how to make it work. I'll never forget my mom's reaction when the caller id showed my friend called 150 times while we were trying to modem play haha. :D

• 3 months later...

I'm a big fan of Doom III actually :) I've played first Doom back in the days but never liked it too much, and never tryed the second one because of it. But third Doom was awesome, I was really enjoing playing it for the first time. For me it was even better than overhyped HL2. I've completed Doom III for about 6 times or so and now want to play it once more :)

And the new one is a really good game, I like it as well, but it's a different game from a previous one, more like first two games. Never the less it's great and it would be nice to see a sequel :) 

• 3 months later...

I grew up with DOOM II mostly, so it will always have a special place in my IDDQDed heart, but I loved DOOM 3 on the original Xbox. I replayed the demo countless times before buying the collector's edition with the classics, and it's still the definitive version thanks to its exclusive cooperative mode. Still have to really play 2016 DOOM, and I didn't care for Final DOOM.

Edited by Spelunkette

Probably Doom II as whole, it was the shit back in my younger years, loved the fast-paced combat, the big maps, the sounds of the guns, well just about everything haha!

I only had the shareware version of Doom 1, meaning I only had Episode 1, but man... I loved it and I must have played that episode 50+ times, I remember being amazed by the blue colors, they were so shiny back then haha xD

Since I had a shit PC and never owned an Xbox, I had to wait to play Doom 3 until the BFG version came on PS3, and... I didn't like the slow-paced combat, it really felt like a slugfest, also the guns felt so weak... 
Which brings me to Doom 4 (DOOM), it has brought back everything I loved from the old ones, and it is my second fav. Doom game, really had a blast playing and platinuming it, I hope they do some SP content soon, the MP is great fun but I want to see what happens next!

PS: Never played the Doom 64 so can't comment on that one, looks alrightish from what i've seen tho' but by the looks of it, it will either be rated worst for me or second worst (Can't say for sure though before I play it)

Edited by Tsukuyomi_Moon89

cant remember if it was one or 2 but it has my fav memory of actually playing my first lan game on dialup through my phoneline. i was super excited. didnt get to play online games after that until around 2006 when ps3 came out lol. but doom3 was pretty awesome i played it way after it came out but loved it. also loved the super nes version i think it was, because trent reznor said he always played it haha