Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

I would like to be added to the list as well.  I've kind of already been working on this on my own but this gives me even more motivation. 

Current

Game Ranks
  • S (201)
  • A (26)
  • B (3)
  • C (6)
  • D (3)
  • E (3)
  • F (0)

Goals

Game Ranks
  • S (210+)
  • A (30+)
  • B (0)
  • C (0)
  • D (0)
  • E (0)
  • F (0)
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 9:41 AM, ladynadiad said:

The Witch and the Hundred Knight might work for it.  With the whole focus of releasing swamp into the world along with the witches being over earthy stuff, that seems fitting for an earth based theme and there are a good number of cave and underground areas along with forest areas.  I had a lot of fun with that one too.  Just be sure to save often and you shouldn't run into the freezing glitch.

And yeah, you didn't get far enough in God of War for the really crappy platforming stuff.  That all comes after the Challenge of Atlas, which is where you appear to be.  But you did get the trophy with the oracle, so think of that one, but with stuff actively trying to make you fall rather than just having to speedy about walking on the beams.

Unfortunately, that was a rental, so it's stuck at a D unless I manage to pick it up again. I'm just lucky the other unfinished rentals are As. Definitely ran into some issues in the last part I played, which is why it wasn't beaten, but I can't remember what it was...

Ew. Can't blame you for being annoyed with it, that seems pointless for a hack and slash.

Edited by SyIaris

Update for May on set goals:

Able to raise 2 Ds to Cs Image result for check mark symbol

Raised 1 E (but only to a D so it kind of cancels out the above) (goal was to E ranks up to at least C) 

Fewer than 2000 unearned trophies (1987) Image result for check mark symbol

Raised my overall average from an A to an S Image result for check mark symbol

Kept my average completion growth rate at 2% increase every month (currently 63.98, started at 54.86) Image result for check mark symbol

Not a bad month. I think up some new fake goals for next month and hopefully hit somewhere between 5 and 7 more platinums this month.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Unfortunately, that was a rental, so it's stuck at a D unless I manage to pick it up again. I'm just lucky the other unfinished rentals are As. Definitely ran into some issues in the last part I played, which is why it wasn't beaten, but I can't remember what it was...

The game does have some issues with freezing, but I found that only tended to happen when I went a long time without going back to the swamp to save.  So probably either that, or may have run into a hard boss and just needed to farm for better equipment.  Hope you can pick it up again because it's a fun game and actually had a neat story.

@stupid0089 - got you added!  Good luck!

@colinmazzini - Definitely more lofty than my own goals!  But May is going to be a busy month with it being peak season in my second job, Trails in the Sky the 3rd comes out in English on PC, and I'm going to be moving in July so I'm apartment hunting and starting to pack stuff.

Going to add some mini goals for the next 3 months. Figured that is better than doing month to month.

Over all completion percentage at 45% (very ambitious)

Trophies not earned under 7000

(600+ to knock out)

Completed games 50

(8 seems to be pretty solid)

Platinum increase to 50

(One a month seems doable)

And get 20 of my e ratings to atleast c or higher 

(Another ambitious but doable)

• Like 1

Seeing if anyone has my way of thinking. For the people who game jump and have a ton of unearned trophies do you just play one by one to get them up?

Or like what I'm doing now is going to trophy advisor and knocking out all the common trophies to clear out the easy ones?

9 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Seeing if anyone has my way of thinking. For the people who game jump and have a ton of unearned trophies do you just play one by one to get them up?

Or like what I'm doing now is going to trophy advisor and knocking out all the common trophies to clear out the easy ones?

I try to stay focused on one game at a time...then I get distracted. So what I do is identify three games at once to jump between and play until I am done. Like right now I am at least playing Metro 2033 redux on PS4, Wheel of Fortune on PS3 and Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate on PS4. I usually pick one game I am in it for the story (Metro), one grindy game (Wheel of Fortune) and one short game I can just drop a 10 ish minute level in between (Pixeljunk). That helps me to continue my trophy pick up without being too caught up with one or feeling burned out jumping between 15 plus games. I tried to trophy advisor and I felt like I jumped too much, forgot controls and then would eventually abandon games (looking at you Sleeping Dogs). I am glad it works for you though.

1 hour ago, colinmazzini said:

I try to stay focused on one game at a time...then I get distracted. So what I do is identify three games at once to jump between and play until I am done. Like right now I am at least playing Metro 2033 redux on PS4, Wheel of Fortune on PS3 and Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate on PS4. I usually pick one game I am in it for the story (Metro), one grindy game (Wheel of Fortune) and one short game I can just drop a 10 ish minute level in between (Pixeljunk). That helps me to continue my trophy pick up without being too caught up with one or feeling burned out jumping between 15 plus games. I tried to trophy advisor and I felt like I jumped too much, forgot controls and then would eventually abandon games (looking at you Sleeping Dogs). I am glad it works for you though.

Well it's day 2 so we shall see o just noticed I had a lot that were like high 90% so figured knock a few out but I do have my one game that I'll enjoy and not rush. Atm it's horizon zero dawn. And I went back to ffxv and haven't played since launch and yea forgot everything lol 

19 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

I've been going through things one game at a time, though I tend to play one PS3 and one Vita game at a time.  Some of the trophies my advisor has on the first page actually would take a long time to earn, but they are commonly earned by players.  Other rarer ones from less commonly played games or games that get abandoned quickly actually have some easy, but rare trophies.  But overall I'm a person who prefers to get absorbed into a game once I get far enough to be getting to the meat of the story.  If I'm going to game hop, it's usually within a couple of hours because the game hasn't gotten my attention yet.  I just personally find the trophy advisor isn't always the best of a tool because common trophy doesn't always mean easy trophy.

If you are purely trying to increase trophy grade, best thing to do is look at which games have the lowest average completion and go for those first since they'll have the lowest number of trophies needed for an A rank. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

I tend to go one game at a time.  I think if I tried to earn based on my trophy advisor I would get too disconnected from each game and not even really be able to enjoy the games for what they really are.  There is a fine line between getting to absorbed in the trophies and still actually being able to enjoy the games that we are playing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

I don't think I have a ton of unearned trophies, but I've been trying (I guess for years) to play 2 games at one time - at least. It never worked out well. So I decided last June that I would concentrate and finish one game before I play another. This play style works for me.

Sure, I might be a bit slower than most video game players, but I think I've gotten faster and faster completing games once I stick to them. As for trophy advisor, I look at it once in a while. With some of the higher percentage trophies, I'll go back to the games eventually. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

I tend to go one game at a time.  I think if I tried to earn based on my trophy advisor I would get too disconnected from each game and not even really be able to enjoy the games for what they really are.  There is a fine line between getting to absorbed in the trophies and still actually being able to enjoy the games that we are playing.

Agree with what you're saying and most of the games that have been on first few pages didn't require any story really like my need for speed most wanted. But I did get sucked into the realm of final fantasy xv (don't know why I stopped that gsme) so that and horizon will be my 2 games I won't jump around in.

But finally approaching 40% again. Everytime I get there or this close I tend to start a lot of new games and drop lower. Hoping this time won't be the case since I only plan to start one over new game shortly with injustice coming out

Platted Dokuro, but also started Life is Strange. It shouldn't be much of a hassle because it's very easy to plat. Should be done before the end of the month.

Will work on Meruru next. Still don't feel up to playing Ayesha Plus.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

In terms of mid-month results, no new S ranks from me. I still keep my overall progress going while saving easier trophies for later. Even got a few shiny ultra rares from The Pinball Arcade (PS4). Also leveled a Monk in Diablo III: RoS to 70, so two more classes left (Witch Doctor and Wizard).

Completion rate is 89%, 376 unearned trophies.

• Like 1

Current stats / goal

S: 26 +2 / 30

A: 31 +2 / 40

B: 17 / 20 

C: 15 -1 / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 13 +2 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 47.77% +0.74%

# of games played: 108 +4

# of completed games: 26 +2

# of unearned trophies: 2517 +32

Trophies per day: 0.86 + 0.02

World rank: 129503 -11292

Country rank: 1859 - 160 

Trophy rarity: 47.28% - 0.32% 

Spoiler

Stats when i found/joined this challenge (4 april 2017)

S: 24

A: 29

B: 17

C: 16

D :5

E: 11

F: 2

Completion: 47.03%

# of games played: 104

# of completed games: 24

# of unearned trophies: 2485

Trophies per day: 0.84

World rank: 140795

Country rank: 2019

Trophy rarity: 47.6%

• Like 3

New milestone:

Hit 70 platinums yesterday. Means I am 5 away from my goal for the year and I should pick up at least 2 or 3 more before May is over. I also already hit 5 platinums for May which means if I do pick up the 3 more that will be the most platinums in a month I've ever gotten.

Biggest goal for May though is to get Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn to a C rank. That game is taking me forever, but it is fun so that helps.

• Like 2

Feels like I'm trickling by with Atelier Meruru. Finally synthesized the special ingot to upgrade my weapons, BUT I need about 25,000 for each character. Then I have to create better armor, which I can't until I pass one of the bosses of the game. I really don't get the Atelier games. 

Seems like I always trip up during the alchemy process. Can't wait until I finish this and Ayesha Plus. 

Oh yeah! Got Rank D

• Like 2

Just a heads up that I'm here and I know I forgot the mid-month update and at this point it's probably pointless to bother.  So I'll wait until the beginning of the month to update again.

Also of note, I probably won't be able to do a mid-month update in July as well since I'm going to be moving then and if AT&T screws up my move like they did the last two times, I may be without net for a few days.  If they actually get it right, I'll be late on it though since I'm moving on the 15th if all goes right.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Just a heads up that I'm here and I know I forgot the mid-month update and at this point it's probably pointless to bother.  So I'll wait until the beginning of the month to update again.

Also of note, I probably won't be able to do a mid-month update in July as well since I'm going to be moving then and if AT&T screws up my move like they did the last two times, I may be without net for a few days.  If they actually get it right, I'll be late on it though since I'm moving on the 15th if all goes right.

No problem! Plus I think this site is experiencing some updating issues for the past week. I'm still experiencing the problem. I hope it sorts itself soon. Otherwise I have to remember to manually update every day.

• Like 1

Fake milestone time! :dance:

:gold: #222 came from Zen Pinball 2 (PS4), 3 years in production.

1L461d97.png

Pinball Fanatic
Keep playing hard, and earn a score of at least 150 million on any table!

Until lately, I've been afraid of this huge trophy set, but this challenge helped me realize I'll have to face the tough stuff at some point this year. But, as I found out last week on this forum, the game constantly saves your progress. That means you can upload your exit save to the Cloud or your USB stick any time you complete a mission, start wizard mode or whatever. Then you can swap the save if you fail, which is a lot of times in my case, and continue like nothing ever happened. Of course, you still need all the skill and luck you can get, but at least you won't have to start over if you drain a ball. The game is still hardcore in a way but very doable now, so I'm tackling all this ultra-rare DLC goodness sooner rather than later. The real hardcore I haz to git gud at, The Pinball Arcade, will have to wait until I'm desperate enough. Only 18 wizard goal trophies left anyway, so no harm for my completion rate there.