Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

Continuing towards my goal by playing Tales of Zestiria. Another game I played during the Kill Your Completion event in November. I like the battle system - fast-paced, just like Graces f. The only thing I don't get is the upgrade system. I haven't figured out how to get better weapons through fusion. 

In any case, I'm going to spend the next couple of hours trying to read up on it. I'll have to wrap my head around it since it's related to earning a couple of the trophies.

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Continuing towards my goal by playing Tales of Zestiria. Another game I played during the Kill Your Completion event in November. I like the battle system - fast-paced, just like Graces f. The only thing I don't get is the upgrade system. I haven't figured out how to get better weapons through fusion. 

In any case, I'm going to spend the next couple of hours trying to read up on it. I'll have to wrap my head around it since it's related to earning a couple of the trophies.

Unless you are playing on a higher difficulty, right now you don't need to worry about much more than buy whatever gets the best stats in the store and fuse together what you can and work towards the trophy for a +99 piece of equipment.  Farming for equipment for those trophies is best done end game when you have all the normin, all lords of the land, and all dungeons available to you because it can be picky to find the right sort of equipment with the right blank slots and right skills until you have all the normin.

33 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Unless you are playing on a higher difficulty, right now you don't need to worry about much more than buy whatever gets the best stats in the store and fuse together what you can and work towards the trophy for a +99 piece of equipment.  Farming for equipment for those trophies is best done end game when you have all the normin, all lords of the land, and all dungeons available to you because it can be picky to find the right sort of equipment with the right blank slots and right skills until you have all the normin.

Thanks for the advice. :D 

I'm just seeing this for the first time now. Good job with continuing it and using a spreadsheet, it was way too much work for me last year and this year I would have struggled even more (if you remember, my updates were always a few days late).

Keep up the great work! :dance:

• Like 4

My finishing touches for this month...

Diablo III: RoS: Now I have all 6 level 70 characters ready to fight for bounties (only that Silver trophy left), already started on Expert difficulty with my Wizard (last to reach level 70 and most powerful, it seems). So it will go like this: a set of 25 bounties across all acts, Nephalem rifts between acts (just to get more loot and see what else is on offer, including stones for greater rifts). Then, just to keep things interesting, difficulty goes up a notch, and again until this character starts getting close calls. Then I finish the current cycle and move to another character starting from Expert difficulty bounties and rifts again, rinse and repeat.

And, finally...

S #76

:hidden: #3,100

:platinum: #44 -> JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

1Lf5603c.png

A nice fighting game with an easy Platinum. I was stretching it for easy daily trophies.

Next month, I'm turning to my lowest ranks on PS3 - Batman: Arkham Origins and GTA V. On PS4, it's Diablo III and Zen Pinball 2. Also Virtue's Last Reward will be finished on Vita (easy dailies), and I'm also saving Uncharted: Fight for Fortune for my trips.

My completion rate is close to 90%, and things are looking pretty good.

And I also invented a condition for adding new games. I'm supposed to get one trophy a day on business days and two trophies on weekends, bank holidays and days off. So if I'm 10 trophies overdue because they don't come easy, I'm adding a new game to cover the gap as soon as possible; no need to buy anything, I have a huge backlog. I can't earn trophies in advance - if I get 50 trophies today, I'm still due one tomorrow. So although it may look like it's going slow, I made decent progress in games started years ago - games I didn't hope to finish any time soon. I'm determined to complete all these titles (some of them great) before moving on, otherwise they'll be hanging in there forever.

After being pleased with how much progress I made in April, May hasn't worked out anywhere near as well.

Challenge 1: A Casual Attack on Your Backlog - made no progress on any of the games this month!

Challenge 2: Spring Backlog Challenge - started and completed Lego Indiana Jones 2 ( Unstarted Backlog to S ), it was good fun and I liked how there were multiple little hubs that you could 100% as it made keeping track of what still needed doing a lot easier, I'm thinking I should go back and rewatch the Crystal Skull as the first 3 are so iconic I recognised most of the scenes, but with the latest one I hadn't little idea what was going on, all I remembered from the movie was monkeys swingIng through trees.  I also played chapters 2 and 3 of The Walking Dead ( E to D ), whilst I could have easily rattled through the rest for the platinum, Lego Indiana was my 9th platinum and I wanted my 10th to be Horizon Zero Dawn.  I still have CSI to complete and never even started Lego Marvel Superheroes for the Spring challenge, so will move it to Summer.

Challenge 3: My personal challenge to play new releases when I buy them rather than let them add to my backlog - I've just about finished Horizon Zero Dawn ( D to B ) I initially found it slow going but as the story developed it got better and better so by the end it was really enjoyable, I just need to finish the Hunting Grounds trophies for the platinum, I'll get those done later this week.  I've also bought Farpoint but not played it yet.

Summary: 82 trophies earned, Rank S + 1, B + 1, E - 1, Unstarted Backlog - 1, New Unplayed Game + 1

• Like 1

Updated stats:

S - 56

A - 6

B - 0

C - 2

D - 2

E - 6

F - 3

Completion: 81.27%

Unearned trophies: 549

Platinums: 48

# games played: 75

Managed 3 plats since May 1st. It doesn't seem like a lot, and my backlog increased a bit with my PS4 purchase.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2

Been really busy with my graduation and doing stuff with my parents the past few days,  so I won't be posting my full update till Saturday. I did manage to make alot of progress on my games though, as last month was my most productive trophy-earning month ever, so I'm looking forward to seeing those updated stats ?

First of the month update:

8 platinums (most ever in one month) 

73 platinums - goal 75 - 2 away from my yearly goal +8

Down to 7 D Ranks -  goal 0 - down from 8 - +1

Down to 12 E Ranks - goal of 9 - down from 13 - +1

65.97% completion - up from 63.93% - +2.04%

I also got Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn up to a C rank which if the goal I set for myself. 

This month will probably be a bit slower as I am going to play some bigger games, but we'll see. I also really need to get going on my D rank games. I am going to at least try to raise Rayman 3 and Battle Princess of Arcadias. Might also try to raise God of War and The Last Tinker from E to at least C.

• Like 1

98 S - 22 A - 2 B - 3 C - 13 D - 15 E - 0 F

72.51% completion

153 games played

1,553 unearned trophies

63 plats

S-rank average

Didn't move much from last month, honestly. Maybe I'll do better on continuing old stuff for this one.  :facepalm:

Theme for another event I'm in is "series", which definitely applies to a number of them.

new -> C

Red Dead Redemption

Had someone ask me to play around in co-op with them, so I've picked up a random set of multiplayer trophies. Haven't really played single-player yet.

new -> S

Minecraft

Took me a lot longer to wrap up than I thought it would, but it got finished. Pretty decent, but creative mode (disables trophies) is probably where my fun would be.

new -> S

Stick it to the Man

Trying to clear out some of the shorter PS+ downloads since the PS4's running out of space. Liked it surprisingly well, though checking the map and backtracking to make sure to read absolutely every mind possible was a bit annoying.

The Elder Scrolls Online

No grade change, but I did beat the story and bump up my percentage.  :)

new -> D

Letter Quest Remastered

Good concept, if a little too repetitive. Need to get back to it.

new -> A

Deponia

Another quick game just to cross it off and delete it.  *shrug*

• Like 4

Oh, I'm still working on them, but I'll make sure everyone is updated before it's the 2nd for me. 

So my progress kind of sucked last month.  Other than playing FFX at work, I just really didn't get to playing much on PSN.  Though I made a ton of progress for the Sphere Master and Perfect Sphere Master trophies in FFX and all I have left now is filling empty nodes, all stats are maxed on everyone except luck.  I also am working on the race since it probably will be easier to have Tidus with his celestial weapon for when I start tackling more Dark Aeons since his armor has Ribbon on it (though I also only need 19 more dark matters to give it to Yuna).  My best time in the Chocobo Racing is 1.0 second, so I'm close to that trophy, I just fall one balloon short on my best runs but I know if I keep trying eventually luck will side with me and I'll get that 0.0 seconds..  Also eventually need to work on Blitzball since there's a few trophies for that, but I feel the plat for this game is doable enough, just will need some patience and luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

So my progress kind of sucked last month.  Other than playing FFX at work, I just really didn't get to playing much on PSN.  Though I made a ton of progress for the Sphere Master and Perfect Sphere Master trophies in FFX and all I have left now is filling empty nodes, all stats are maxed on everyone except luck.  I also am working on the race since it probably will be easier to have Tidus with his celestial weapon for when I start tackling more Dark Aeons since his armor has Ribbon on it (though I also only need 19 more dark matters to give it to Yuna).  My best time in the Chocobo Racing is 1.0 second, so I'm close to that trophy, I just fall one balloon short on my best runs but I know if I keep trying eventually luck will side with me and I'll get that 0.0 seconds..  Also eventually need to work on Blitzball since there's a few trophies for that, but I feel the plat for this game is doable enough, just will need some patience and luck.

I hope you don't get 0.0 seconds. Yeah, I really do. But read the rest first before jumping to a conclusion.

Can you imagine how annoying it is to beat the Catcher Chocobo in 0.0 seconds and not be able to fully upgrade Tidus' celestial weapon and also don't get the trophy? Lucikly, it never happened to me, but one of my friends had to go through this. He beat the race in 0.0 seconds, but you need to be faster than 0.0 to get all rewards.

Basically, I hope you get less than 0.0 (still seen as 0.0) so that you get the trophy and no longer have to bother with this minigame.

And thanks for the update.

28 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I hope you don't get 0.0 seconds. Yeah, I really do. But read the rest first before jumping to a conclusion.

Can you imagine how annoying it is to beat the Catcher Chocobo in 0.0 seconds and not be able to fully upgrade Tidus' celestial weapon and also don't get the trophy? Lucikly, it never happened to me, but one of my friends had to go through this. He beat the race in 0.0 seconds, but you need to be faster than 0.0 to get all rewards.

Basically, I hope you get less than 0.0 (still seen as 0.0) so that you get the trophy and no longer have to bother with this minigame.

And thanks for the update.

Yeah, it's an annoying minigame that can't even be consistent.  Like sometimes you get a balloon and the bird in front of you vanishes and something it doesn't.  The hit box on the birds seems inconsistent as well.  Only thing that seems consistent is the trainer will steal balloons if you let her and the birds will come out of nowhere to dive bomb you.

Edit: Updating is done now!

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah, it's an annoying minigame that can't even be consistent.  Like sometimes you get a balloon and the bird in front of you vanishes and something it doesn't.  The hit box on the birds seems inconsistent as well.  Only thing that seems consistent is the trainer will steal balloons if you let her and the birds will come out of nowhere to dive bomb you.

Precisely, this minigame is trash. The controls lack precision, the birds have Sin's hitbox and are way too random.

Sin was created because its creator hated the Catcher Chocobo so much, he had to remove it from Spira at all costs. Don't believe the game when it tells you Sin was created due to the machina or a war between Bevelle and Zanarkand, that's obviously not true. We were wrong all this time, we never really understood what the game tried to tell us. The real antagonist is the Chocobo Trainer, Sin and its creator are terribly misunderstood beings. In reality, they are kind, compassionate beings who only want to protect Spira from the dreadful experience of riding a Chocobo through the Calm Lands thousands of times to get Tidus's best weapon. But the humans got it all wrong, as usual. That's where the summoners and their guardians come into play. They started fighting Sin. In their despair, Sin and its creator chose the Calm Lands for the final battle with the summoners, hoping to destroy the minigame in the process. But, alas, it didn't work. The summoner got a Final Aeon and destroyed Sin. Whe're stuck with this shitty minigame.

Now you know the real background of the game.

Edited by viech54

13 hours ago, viech54 said:

Precisely, this minigame is trash. The controls lack precision, the birds have Sin's hitbox and are way too random.

Sin was created because its creator hated the Catcher Chocobo so much, he had to remove it from Spira at all costs. Don't believe the game when it tells you Sin was created due to the machina or a war between Bevelle and Zanarkand, that's obviously not true. We were wrong all this time, we never really understood what the game tried to tell us. The real antagonist is the Chocobo Trainer, Sin and its creator are terribly misunderstood beings. In reality, they are kind, compassionate beings who only want to protect Spira from the dreadful experience of riding a Chocobo through the Calm Lands thousands of times to get Tidus's best weapon. But the humans got it all wrong, as usual. That's where the summoners and their guardians come into play. They started fighting Sin. In their despair, Sin and its creator chose the Calm Lands for the final battle with the summoners, hoping to destroy the minigame in the process. But, alas, it didn't work. The summoner got a Final Aeon and destroyed Sin. Whe're stuck with this shitty minigame.

Until Yuna created the Eternal Calm and the Chocobo trainer found more money was made by selling rides on Chocobo. Why else would that game not exist in FFX-2? ^_^

There is one other definitive truth about this crappy minigame: the trainer is a cheating cheater.

On 6/2/2017 at 0:31 AM, viech54 said:

Sin was created because its creator hated the Catcher Chocobo so much, he had to remove it from Spira at all costs. Don't believe the game when it tells you Sin was created due to the machina or a war between Bevelle and Zanarkand, that's obviously not true. We were wrong all this time, we never really understood what the game tried to tell us. The real antagonist is the Chocobo Trainer, Sin and its creator are terribly misunderstood beings. In reality, they are kind, compassionate beings who only want to protect Spira from the dreadful experience of riding a Chocobo through the Calm Lands thousands of times to get Tidus's best weapon. But the humans got it all wrong, as usual. In their despair, Sin and its creator chose the Calm Lands for the final battle with the summoners, hoping to destroy the minigame in the process. But, alas, it didn't work. The summoner got a Final Aeon and destroyed Sin.

Or maybe Sin and its creator actually are the president of the Society for the Fair and Ethical Treatment of Chocobos and they initially went after the trainer because hitting chocobos with birds to train them is cruel as is hitting them with birds again while they are still regaining their footing.  But somewhere down the line the trainer's cheating ways warped them into Sin.

Abit delayed, but now that all the hoopla is done with I can finally post my update for the month. Had a couple firsts occur this month, as it was the first time since starting this event that I actually REDUCED my unstarted games count, unfortunately as a result it was also the first time my completion % went down. Finally reached the 75th plat milestone with Hyperdimension Neptunia, also managed to get my 76th plat shortly afterwards while also starting on HDN mk2, which has been fun so far. At this rate I should hit my 100 S ranks by the end of the summer, but my D's and E's only keep increasing as try and keep up with all the games I haven't started and keep getting, even though I was finally able to reduce my number of unstarteds from 80 to 79. Hopefully with the new season just around the corner I'll be able to get back to bringing up my grades the way I was earlier this year. Anyways, here's the rest of my updated stats:

S: (Updated 86, Goal 100+) (Up 4)

A: (Updated 52, Goal ≤50) (Down 2)

B: (Updated 8, Goal 10) (No Change)

C: (Updated 11, Goal ≤10) (No Change)

D; (Updated 16, Goal ≤5) (Up 2)

E: (Updated 24, Goal ≤5) (Up 3)

F: (Updated 2, Goal 0) (No Change)

Completion: (Updated 64.29%, Goal 70%+) (Down 0.72%)

Unstarted Games: (Updated Current 79, Goal 25) (Down 1)

• Like 2

3 june stats compared with 17 april stats

Current stats / goal

S: 27 +1 / 30

A: 32 +1 / 40

B: 16 -1 / 20 

C: 15 = / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 14 +1 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 48.81% + 1.04% 

# of games played: 110 + 2 

# of completed games:  27 + 1

# of unearned trophies:  2498 - 19

Trophies per day:  0.88 + 0.02

World rank:  122056 - 7447

Country rank: 1755 - 104

Trophy rarity:  47.14%  - 0.14%

All positive except for the one extra E rank. 

Spoiler

Stats 17 april compared with start

Current stats / goal

S: 26 +2 / 30

A: 31 +2 / 40

B: 17 / 20 

C: 15 -1 / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 13 +2 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 47.77% +0.74%

# of games played: 108 +4

# of completed games: 26 +2

# of unearned trophies: 2517 +32

Trophies per day: 0.86 + 0.02

World rank: 129503 -11292

Country rank: 1859 - 160 

Trophy rarity: 47.28% - 0.32% 

Spoiler

Stats when i found/joined this challenge (4 april 2017)

S: 24

A: 29

B: 17

C: 16

D :5

E: 11

F: 2

Completion: 47.03%

# of games played: 104

# of completed games: 24

# of unearned trophies: 2485

Trophies per day: 0.84

World rank: 140795

Country rank: 2019

Trophy rarity: 47.6%

• Like 1

Was on a "I must play a 'new' game" rampage today and started Puppeteer and Rainbow Moon. Also, thinking about starting Final Fantasy XIII-2. So there's 3 new games for this month. I'm going to try to complete as much as I can. 

All this because I couldn't decide (and still deciding) what I wanted as my 50th plat, so I changed my mind. Might even start another game from my backlog. Danganronpa 2, maybe?

I've just finished episode 2 of Guardians of the Galaxy which bumps that temporarily up to a rank A, now I'll see how long it takes to slide back down to C as everyone else plays it too...

Having massively enjoyed the first episode I must admit this one was a bit of a disappointment, less than an hour and a half and pretty much no puzzle sections, the episode was only saved by how well a particular scene with Rocket was handled, you'll know which one I mean when you play it.  Here's hoping episode 3 gets back to the high standard set by episode 1.

Edited by richtayls

On 6/2/2017 at 9:26 PM, MidnightCJ said:

Until Yuna created the Eternal Calm and the Chocobo trainer found more money was made by selling rides on Chocobo. Why else would that game not exist in FFX-2? ^_^

Because the Chocobo trainer was busy teaching others how to make minigames annoying. ;)

There's Gunner's Gauntlet, the failed attempt at making Blitzball easier, Tower Calibration and the minigames in the Calm Lands no one plays because they're useless and it's faster to just farm money. I'm sure there are others that I don't remember right now. Sphere Break is actually decent once you understand how to play it (which I didn't on PS2, it took me until the re-release on PS3 to learn it).

On 6/3/2017 at 2:15 PM, ladynadiad said:

Or maybe Sin and its creator actually are the president of the Society for the Fair and Ethical Treatment of Chocobos and they initially went after the trainer because hitting chocobos with birds to train them is cruel as is hitting them with birds again while they are still regaining their footing.  But somewhere down the line the trainer's cheating ways warped them into Sin.

Possible, yeah. Anyway, the trainer is an evil cheater that needs to be stopped.

Congrats on getting the minigame trophy!

Made a lot of progress in Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, I might beat the main story today.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I hit 75 platinums today. That was my goal for the year. That means year to date I have earned 30 platinums. I really didn't think I would be able to do that, since I think I only got 25 for the whole year last year. This event really pushed me and I guess it paid off. I am tempted to now shoot for 100 platinums by the end of the year. Although I have another kid on the way in late August so that might slow my gaming down considerably. Other than that now I really need to focus on my D and E grades.

• Like 2