Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

I don't think so. In the forums I've read, they all go on about being careful NOT to do too many quests. We'll see what happens. I'm almost on Ch.4. I'll know in several hours playtime.

Ah, so that might have been among the things fixed with the remakes then.

My 74th S Rank

L722019.png

A walking simulator with easy trophies (wouldn't have figured out some of them without a guide though) and nice visuals. Can't say much more about the game, not really impressive for my taste.

Edited by K0t0bl1tz

Reached Rank C on HDN mk2. I'd thought it would take me longer, but I decided to recruit the goddesses on this run and go for the Conquest Ending. Heard it's really sad, so I wanted to get it over with. I just hope I can manipulate the shares to get a few endings on this playthrough. I'm sure I'm going to have to do a NG+ regardless. 

• Like 2

I haven't done one of these before, but I'd like to join. My goal is to have nothing lower than an A rank. Right now, I have:

S - 38

A - 39

B - 3 (Sonic Adventure 2, DmC Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 4)

C - 1 (Resident Evil 5)

D - 1 (Call of Duty Black Ops 2)

E - 2 (Final Fantasy X, Street Fighter IV)

F - 2 (Final Fantasy X-2, Demon's Souls)

This may not sound so bad, but I'm terrible at these games. I'm hoping posting them here will help motivate me to play them more.

• Like 3

@frozenarmadillo1 - Got you added.  You might want to consider going for FFX-2 HD first, assuming you've played FFX before or don't mind spoilers.  X-2 has a seriously low average completion and I have a B rank on it with only 19% completion and I've not even gotten past chapter 3 of the game.  It's not the easiest plat there is, but it is easy to get to an A rank in.

36 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

@frozenarmadillo1 - Got you added.  You might want to consider going for FFX-2 HD first, assuming you've played FFX before or don't mind spoilers.  X-2 has a seriously low average completion and I have a B rank on it with only 19% completion and I've not even gotten past chapter 3 of the game.  It's not the easiest plat there is, but it is easy to get to an A rank in.

Thanks @ladynadiad! I appreciate the tip too. I'd like to eventually beat both ff's even though they are such long games, but I'll keep that in mind to make some quick progress towards the A rank.

Another game leveled up to A rank: Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. I was set back 10 hours because I didn't realize there were bosses in the Conquest ending, and that was after several hours of grinding global shares for Planeptune.

Anyway, feels like I'm getting close to another plat.

• Like 1

So, I haven't made much progress in cutting down my E and D ranks lately (mostly just goosebumps the game). But I have added a few new plats and my completion percentage is now over 50%. I'm thinking of putting together a goal for S ranks as I have been playing a bunch of games I haven't played before in addition to trying to work in some games that are low grades, but just have to take some time to figure it out.

• Like 1

Ok. Looks like or feels like I'm losing a bit of momentum, so I'm going to slow down a bit. I don't know. I plan on getting a PS4 soon, but before then I want to at least finish 3 more games. 

I think I just want to play something brand new and add it on my profile. I just want to hold off playing and adding PS3/Vita games on my profile until November. About the time when I started Kill Your Completion last year.

My next bit of progress - I've finished another game started two years ago. This challenge works miracles! :dance:

:platinum: #43 and S rank #75

1L3d80f0.png

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (Vita)

Well, it's a platformer. I h8 platformers:comp:

Actually, it's a good enough game. Also not very hard but so annoying at times with all the racing and shooting. Add small Vita sticks and not really good in-game camera. So despite the Platinum being pretty common, you'll have to work for it.

Completion rate got up to 87.48%.

Edited by K0t0bl1tz

On 4/18/2017 at 10:05 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Ok. Looks like or feels like I'm losing a bit of momentum, so I'm going to slow down a bit. I don't know. I plan on getting a PS4 soon, but before then I want to at least finish 3 more games. 

I think I just want to play something brand new and add it on my profile. I just want to hold off playing and adding PS3/Vita games on my profile until November. About the time when I started Kill Your Completion last year.

False alarm! I'm working on Hyperdimension Neptunia RB2. Trying to get to the Holy Sword ending and have to level up my lily rank. I only got the Lv.4 Lily Rank chip, so it might take me some time to get all of them up. For me, this is the boring part. Will try to get at least 4 of them to level 8.

Anyway, got the game from rank E to C. 

• Like 2

Completed Nubla, N.E.R.O. and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 since my last update.

I gave up on the platinum in Tales of Symphonia, the minigames are not enjoyable at all and not worth my time. So, a big f*** you to the devs for not being able to make good minigames. I will finish my current playthrough and also beat the optional bosses, but that's most likely the end. I don't think I'll go back to doing the rest.

I started Bloodborne a while ago, that's quite likely going to be my next platinum/100%. It's not that hard so far, as a souls player, getting used to the combat was easier than expected.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, viech54 said:

Completed Nubla, N.E.R.O. and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 since my last update.

I gave up on the platinum in Tales of Symphonia, the minigames are not enjoyable at all and not worth my time. So, a big f*** you to the devs for not being able to make good minigames. I will finish my current playthrough and also beat the optional bosses, but that's most likely the end. I don't think I'll go back to doing the rest.

I started Bloodborne a while ago, that's quite likely going to be my next platinum/100%. It's not that hard so far, as a souls player, getting used to the combat was easier than expected.

Well, thank goodness I decided to boycott the Tales series. I loved Symphonia when it was just a GameCube game with two discs, didn't have the guts to do a New Game+ after my favorite character(Sheena, who I actually used the name in a Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic ;) ) died on the final boss and didn't get revived. *sigh*

Nubla and N.E.R.O. were some really short and sweet games. Glad you enjoyed them.

12 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Well, thank goodness I decided to boycott the Tales series. I loved Symphonia when it was just a GameCube game with two discs, didn't have the guts to do a New Game+ after my favorite character(Sheena, who I actually used the name in a Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic ;) ) died on the final boss and didn't get revived. *sigh*

Nubla and N.E.R.O. were some really short and sweet games. Glad you enjoyed them.

That sucks, but it's just how it is. The AI isn't that great, your allies won't always do what's best or required. And yes, the game's better on GameCube and PS2. Trophies merely ruined the experience by forcing us to play through the bad parts of the game to get the platinum. Without them, it was perfectly fine to just play the story and maybe beat the optional bosses before moving on to another game.

And boycotting the Tales series is... Well, the series obviously has its flaws. The battle system hardly changes between the games (not counting Zestiria and Berseria, I didn't buy the former and have yet to play the latter). I'm not expecting changes à la Final Fantasy, there's no need for an entirely new battle system for each game. But some more changes would be nice. Pretty much all Tales games I've played felt the same and the optional bosses have only two requirements most of the time:

- Do you have enough healing items?

- Is your level high enough?

If so, you win, if not, you'll have a hard time against them or can't win at all. There's hardly any strategy involved, it almost always comes down to mashing the attack buttons and using healing items. There's some strategy involved, that can't be denied, but I can't help but feel that the battle system isn't exactly well made and could use a lot of work.

Add the annoying minigames to that and you know why I have mixed feelings about the series. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when the next Tales game gets released. I might start to ignore the games or at least wait for a trophy guide and figure out the requirements for the platinum before buying another Tales.

And thanks, yeah, these two games really are nice, short games.

Knocked FFX HD off my list of games to get to A rank or higher now.  I'm still going to try and get as close to a plat in that game as possible, but I'm satisfied with where it is now at least.  Went ahead and installed FFX-2 HD so I can get on that since it shouldn't be too far from an A rank as well.  Also got God of War up to a D rank finally.

I honestly am thinking God of War is seriously overrated.  I've heard tons of praise for the game, but I've played way more fun ARPGs with much better stories and protagonists that deserve the level of praise God of War gets.  It's a mediocre game that is failing to really grab my attention and make me care about finishing the story, and I'm far enough in that I should be interested by now. Guess I'm just too spoiled by the awesomeness that is Ys, which is what got me into ARPGs in the first place.

I also seem to be getting to having a nice issue of running low on Vita backlog.  I only have 6 Vita games left that I haven't 100%ed, and only one of those is unplayed.  If things work out with my new job, that probably will change since there's some releases I didn't get a chance to get and some upcoming stuff as well, but I'm actually seeing a light at the end of the tunnel of eliminating my Vita backlog.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I honestly am thinking God of War is seriously overrated.  I've heard tons of praise for the game, but I've played way more fun ARPGs with much better stories and protagonists that deserve the level of praise God of War gets.  It's a mediocre game that is failing to really grab my attention and make me care about finishing the story, and I'm far enough in that I should be interested by now. 

I agree with you here. I started this game awhile ago played a little bit but it kinda failed to capture my attention as well. I know everyone seems to love it but I must be missing something. Well I'll eventually play it as it's one of my target games to get from E to at least a C.