Reporting a player for hacking trophies

hcmode

I have been checking FIFA 13 and FIFA 14 unobtainable trophies for a long time to see if there were new suspicious players in the latest achievers' leaderboard. Unfortunately there are still players on the leaderboard who got the well-known unobtainable trophies (Pack King for FIFA 13 and On my Own/Challenging for FIFA 14) in 2016.

My sense of justice tried to report them cause I can't stand hackers. Despite that, while filling the report, I had to list at least 5 trophies but normally there aren't more than 2 in this case. This brought me here to ask you whether I should just pick some random trophies to go on with the report or whether there is a workaround to punish these bloody cheaters. Thank you in advance ?

• Like 1

I reported a couple people's profiles from another game that had its servers taken down a few years ago, and out of the 3, 2 of them only had a couple hacked trophies (the 3rd had the entire trophy list all messed up). What I did was check the hacked trophies, the platinum and then a couple trophies that were related in some way to the hacked trophies, even if they were legit. I mean related as in if one hacked trophy is get 10000 kills online, and a legit trophy is get 100 kills online, I'd check the related legit one as well. Just made sure to explain why I checked the legit trophies too.

5 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I reported a couple people's profiles from another game that had its servers taken down a few years ago, and out of the 3, 2 of them only had a couple hacked trophies (the 3rd had the entire trophy list all messed up). What I did was check the hacked trophies, the platinum and then a couple trophies that were related in some way to the hacked trophies, even if they were legit. I mean related as in if one hacked trophy is get 10000 kills online, and a legit trophy is get 100 kills online, I'd check the related legit one as well. Just made sure to explain why I checked the legit trophies too.

I think what you just said is confusing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I think what you just said is confusing.

Sorry if it was. Basically what I did if there was less than 5 hacked trophies, was to select (check) the hacked trophies and the platinum, and if I was still under the 5 trophy requirement, I'd check a couple legit trophies that were somewhat related to the hacked trophies.

just be careful on some games just because the servers are gone dosnt nessisarly mean those trophies are un obtainable  like white knight 1 and 2 those servers are ong gone but you can stil get every trophy it just makes it a miracle from the game gods to do it bcause its freakishly hard like makes the souls games look like hannah montana lol

Just now, grimydawg said:

Done......  You can do it yourself without naming folks on threads, though.

I deleted the post.

@Shinobi, naming and shaming is not permitted in the forums. You are a Premium Member so you have the ability to report profiles. Once that is done then it will handled in due course. There is no need to post their names anywhere in the forum too.

Just now, Stevieboy said:

I deleted the post.

@Shinobi, naming and shaming is not permitted in the forums. You are a Premium Member so you have the ability to report profiles. Once that is done then it will handled in due course. There is no need to post their names anywhere in the forum too.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that, I will bear that in mind for the next time. Thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, gazdavis11 said:

How do you ever find someone that has 'hacked' trophies, is it a case of trawling through profiles or just coming by them through chance? 

It depends on the game. As for FIFA games, there are some trophies the community knows are unachievable (they are also listed in the unachievable trophies topic) Therefore it's easy to spot cheaters. If a trophy was last achieved in 2015, it's impossible that a player got it legit in 2016 unless he explains how he did that. I've tried several times to contact these player but they never replied.

12 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

It depends on the game. As for FIFA games, there are some trophies the community knows are unachievable (they are also listed in the unachievable trophies topic) Therefore it's easy to spot cheaters. If a trophy was last achieved in 2015, it's impossible that a player got it legit in 2016 unless he explains how he did that. I've tried several times to contact these player but they never replied.

Ah I see  

People take their time to go through random peoples trophy lists to try and find hackers and cheaters is weird.

For myself the lists are personal and individual milestones and accomplishments so I would not understand people that hack in the first place.

I sometimes feel like most people out there get the Hack card out before any confrontation or research is made, which leads to so many of these threads popping up on a weekly basis, it's like putting the spotlight on something really unimportant, like throwing gasoline on the fire.

I'm a bit tired of hearing about hacking to be honest, think the topic has blown up over the last year and if that is a case of it being way more occurrent or that people like the drama about it, I can't tell.

I don't care if someone I know cheated for some trophies, if he wanna go that route for his own progression that's up to him and him alone, I can only say what I feel about it and say No, I'm not going to cheat the system and instead actually give my best effort until I either get the trophy or that I don't and move on to something else I rather spend my time with.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

People take their time to go through random peoples trophy lists to try and find hackers and cheaters is weird.

For myself the lists are personal and individual milestones and accomplishments so I would not understand people that hack in the first place.

I sometimes feel like most people out there get the Hack card out before any confrontation or research is made, which leads to so many of these threads popping up on a weekly basis, it's like putting the spotlight on something really unimportant, like throwing gasoline on the fire.

I'm a bit tired of hearing about hacking to be honest, think the topic has blown up over the last year and if that is a case of it being way more occurrent or that people like the drama about it, I can't tell.

I don't care if someone I know cheated for some trophies, if he wanna go that route for his own progression that's up to him and him alone, I can only say what I feel about it and say No, I'm not going to cheat the system and instead actually give my best effort until I either get the trophy or that I don't and move on to something else I rather spend my time with.

It's essential to report hackers in my opinion. At least for the games I care. The trophy leaderboards can also be seen as a point of reference for those who are trying to achieve a particular trophy, especially for those trophies that have become complicated or need a workaround to obtain them. If the leaderboards are contaminated by hackers the gaming community won't benefit from it.

Before reporting someone I always make sure that I'm doing the right thing, I don't report for the simple joy of reporting, I do it cause I want to improve things.

• Like 2

Just now, Shinobi said:

It's essential to report hackers in my opinion. At least for the games I care. The trophy leaderboards can also be seen as a point of reference for those who are trying to achieve a particular trophy, especially for those trophies that have become complicated or need a workaround to obtain them. If the leaderboards are contaminated by hackers the gaming community won't benefit from it.

Reporting or not reporting one or two hackers doesn't make a dent in any sort of statistics on PSNP, especially not on a game with such large playerbase as FIFA would have. There's no harm in it anyway, the mechanic's there for a reason.

In any case, while it's not particularly essential, it might essential to you:

11 hours ago, Shinobi said:

I have been checking FIFA 13 and FIFA 14 unobtainable trophies for a long time to see if there were new suspicious players in the latest achievers' leaderboard.

Now, repeatedly stalking other people's trophy lists on a specific game, that doesn't sound too normal does it? You're going to have to accept your "hobby" will raise an eyebrow or two :P

well some people try to be all swaggered up and be like i just got these trophies! and some foks wil notice said trophies havnt been obtainabe in forever or are near impossible

ive run across several on the comuniy thingies on ps4 and id go look and sure enough they got those trophies and platinum or 100% and ill look through the list and ive seen some trophies popped before i was born and some that have yet to pop cause they popped in 2020 lol so i figure either these folkes haked hem or they enjoy playing games inside the tardis :P 

1 minute ago, ars said:

Reporting or not reporting one or two hackers doesn't make a dent in any sort of statistics on PSNP, especially not on a game with such large playerbase as FIFA would have. There's no harm in it anyway, the mechanic's there for a reason.

Now, repeatedly stalking other people's trophy lists on a specific game, that doesn't sound too normal does it? You're going to have to accept your "hobby" will raise an eyebrow or two :P

Reporting a profile that has a hacked unachievable online trophy on it can be seen as essential. There have been numerous occasions where someone has asked in the forums if a games online is still active, or if a trophy is still achievable and members have referred them to the trophy in question saying that it has been earned recently so it must still be. Removing hacked profiles from that list maintains the accuracy and avoids the false impression of unachievable trophies still being achievable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

Reporting a profile that has a hacked unachievable online trophy on it can be seen as essential. There have been numerous occasions where someone has asked in the forums if a games online is still active, or if a trophy is still achievable and members have referred them to the trophy in question saying that it has been earned recently so it must still be.

That'd make being able to tag trophies' unachievable periods essential, not removing players who got it anyway :P The outcome will be relatively the same, though.

11 minutes ago, ars said:

The point is that I wanted to complete FIFA 13 and FIFA 14 and I only had a few trophies left. I hoped in vain that EA was going to fix these trophies but it never happened. Seeing that players were getting the unobtainable trophies kind of pissed me off so I felt that reporting them would benefit the community.

Why is PSN member starting with letter "F" still not reported enough and removed for hacking trophies? It has been 2 weeks and nothing was done. That person has out of the order trophies in Uncharted 3 for PS3. Like completing crushing campaign before completing normal campaign and getting all treasures before getting 20 treasures. That person cheating by hacking and doesn't deserve the world record for fastest 100%. Please don't say I'm doing something wrong by talking about this issue. I don't know where else I can go to get people here to fix this problem.

Edited by USA_Elite_Badass

16 hours ago, USA_Elite_Badass said:

Why is PSN member starting with letter "F" still not reported enough and removed for hacking trophies? It has been 2 weeks and nothing was done. That person has out of the order trophies in Uncharted 3 for PS3. Like completing crushing campaign before completing normal campaign and getting all treasures before getting 20 treasures. That person cheating by hacking and doesn't deserve the world record for fastest 100%. Please don't say I'm doing something wrong by talking about this issue. I don't know where else I can go to get people here to fix this problem.

As mentioned before by Stevieboy naming is not permitted. You can always PM a premium member or a forum moderator askng them to flag that user.

Edited by Stevieboy
Had quoted the above member with the PSN name still present.

16 hours ago, USA_Elite_Badass said:

There has been a flagging report sent regarding this member's game. It will be reviewed in due course.

Edited by Stevieboy