Rift hunter Trophy

Arkayus29

I did some experimenting to see if I could get one to show up. I assumed one would show up while I was getting collectibles but none did. Then I had this idea that since it seems to give them to me (at least for me anyway) whenever I turn the game back on after a long time (up to 12 hours at least). So I moved the PS clock up to six hours, nothing. Six more hours, nothing. Then another six just to be sure, nothing. So I guess that rules it out being a time thing. Then I replayed a couple side missions, still nothing.

I'm guessing it's either a server thing or the game just gives them to you whenever it feels like it. Which is really stupid because before I beat the story they were popping up all the time and I just didn't do them because I thought the rare Nevi would have been really hard or something. So it's probably like @I3rand0 said, it's likely random. The most I can think of is just checking the game every few hours or so to see if it decides to give you one.

15 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I did some experimenting to see if I could get one to show up. I assumed one would show up while I was getting collectibles but none did. Then I had this idea that since it seems to give them to me (at least for me anyway) whenever I turn the game back on after a long time (up to 12 hours at least). So I moved the PS clock up to six hours, nothing. Six more hours, nothing. Then another six just to be sure, nothing. So I guess that rules it out being a time thing. Then I replayed a couple side missions, still nothing.

I'm guessing it's either a server thing or the game just gives them to you whenever it feels like it. Which is really stupid because before I beat the story they were popping up all the time and I just didn't do them because I thought the rare Nevi would have been really hard or something. So it's probably like @I3rand0 said, it's likely random. The most I can think of is just checking the game every few hours or so to see if it decides to give you one.

It's very finicky. For me, they show up all the time. I had the trophy for doing 5 about 75% through the game and I actually skipped them early in the game for the same reasons as you (thinking they would be too hard). Little did I know that it is the same nevi and that he isn't too hard to face. I find constantly picking stuff up with stasis field and chucking them at the nevi works the best. Also, when I was going around doing collectibles, I actually had two more show up by the time I was done.

I don't really know what causes them to show up but I always found them spawning for me a little after either doing a story mission or side mission. Clearly it's different for everyone but I thought I would share my experience. I guess the only way to go about this would be to keep playing until the game decides to be generous.

1 minute ago, - Cammy - said:

It's very finicky. For me, they show up all the time. I had the trophy for doing 5 about 75% through the game and I actually skipped them early in the game for the same reasons as you (thinking they would be too hard). Little did I know that it is the same nevi and that he isn't too hard to face. I find constantly picking stuff up with stasis field and chucking them at the nevi works the best. Also, when I was going around doing collectibles, I actually had two more show up by the time I was done.

I don't really know what causes them to show up but I always found them spawning for me a little after either doing a story mission or side mission. Clearly it's different for everyone but I thought I would share my experience. I guess the only way to go about this would be to keep playing until the game decides to be generous.

Yeah like I said, they used to show up all the time when I was doing the story, but now it's like they don't feel like it. In fact I haven't seen a Treasure Hunt show up in a while either. I wonder if the servers are doing something though because they were yesterday night.

I guess if it comes down to it, I'll just replay story and side missions until it decides to be merciful, but right now I'll just see if it wants to give it to me tomorrow when I start it up. It's the only trophy I need for the Platinum too. I wish it was like in the first one where the rare Nevi were just hidden in a certain spot in a mining area instead of having to wait for the game to spawn them in.

3 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Yeah like I said, they used to show up all the time when I was doing the story, but now it's like they don't feel like it. In fact I haven't seen a Treasure Hunt show up in a while either. I wonder if the servers are doing something though because they were yesterday night.

I guess if it comes down to it, I'll just replay story and side missions until it decides to be merciful, but right now I'll just see if it wants to give it to me tomorrow when I start it up. It's the only trophy I need for the Platinum too. I wish it was like in the first one where the rare Nevi were just hidden in a certain spot in a mining area instead of having to wait for the game to spawn them in.

Hmm. I think I know what your talking about with the servers. I was doing all the challenges today and none of them were able to upload to the online leaderboards because "the servers are under maintenance". So it's possible that this is what is causing them to rarely/never show up. That would also explain the lack of Treasure Hunts as well.

I guess at this point it's either get lucky or play the waiting game (or I'm just talking about complete nonsense in which case you can disregard everything I just said)  

These gravity events (appearance of that rare Nevi or the storms) seem to be unrelated to the online-mode. I got four of the five Nevi-events on Sunday and had no notification yesterday. I just turned on my console about an hour ago to check if the events now appeared and they did. Now I have to hope that those events remain when I'm able to play (in 10+ hours).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I would like to send a huge thank you to @YuriTheBrave for his comment on playstationtrophies.org as that's where I learned this information: there IS a way to get the gravity storms and the strange gravitational phenomena to spawn easily and it's by first closing your game and then changing your PS4's time zone in its settings to advance time and increase the number of stars each mining area has. The gravity storms have a chance of spawning when an area has either 5 or 6 stars and a strange gravitational phenomena is what spawns when an area has 7 stars. In order to get a mining area's stars to advance by one you need to change your time zone to one that is 4 to 6 hours ahead of your own. You can also reduce the number of stars in an area by changing your time zone to one that is 4 to 6 hours behind your own :)

shaneyboy619.png

Edited by shaneyboy619
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 10:05 PM, shaneyboy619 said:

I would like to send a huge thank you to @YuriTheBrave for his comment on playstationtrophies.org as that's where I learned this information: there IS a way to get the gravity storms and the strange gravitational phenomena to spawn easily and it's by first closing your game and then changing your PS4's time zone in its settings to advance time and increase the number of stars each mining area has. The gravity storms have a chance of spawning when an area has either 5 or 6 stars and a strange gravitational phenomena is what spawns when an area has 7 stars. In order to get a mining area's stars to advance by one you need to change your time zone to one that is 4 to 6 hours ahead of your own. You can also reduce the number of stars in an area by changing your time zone to one that is 4 to 6 hours behind your own :)

You are a legend for sharing this. Everything you said is on the money. I personally had Mining Site No. 0 already sitting on the Strange Gravitational Phenomena so I went and killed the nevi there and then I started looking on here for methods to make it spawn. My stupid butt decided to ignore it throughout the whole story and save this trophy for the end, but it ended up not being bad at all thanks to your help. What you need is 7 stars for the nevi to spawn, so basically it was around 6PM ish on the East Coast(where I live) and I exited, advanced to a time zone that was a few hours ahead and it spawned for me! Still, I pushed it all the way to the Independent State of Samoa and the other 3 areas remained on 6 stars. Came back the next day and sped it up a bit and they all spawned. Went through and killed each of them and got the trophy! My advice to anyone struggling is fidget with timezones, make sure you don't go too far that they despawn and eventually you'll figure it out. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 7:38 AM, realm722 said:

You are a legend for sharing this. Everything you said is on the money. I personally had Mining Site No. 0 already sitting on the Strange Gravitational Phenomena so I went and killed the nevi there and then I started looking on here for methods to make it spawn. My stupid butt decided to ignore it throughout the whole story and save this trophy for the end, but it ended up not being bad at all thanks to your help. What you need is 7 stars for the nevi to spawn, so basically it was around 6PM ish on the East Coast(where I live) and I exited, advanced to a time zone that was a few hours ahead and it spawned for me! Still, I pushed it all the way to the Independent State of Samoa and the other 3 areas remained on 6 stars. Came back the next day and sped it up a bit and they all spawned. Went through and killed each of them and got the trophy! My advice to anyone struggling is fidget with timezones, make sure you don't go too far that they despawn and eventually you'll figure it out. 

I'm glad to have been helpful! It seemed like people struggled with this trophy for quite some time so it's a shame that this method wasn't discovered sooner but at least anyone who sees this should have a much easier time than they would otherwise. Yeah, it takes a bit of playing around with the time zones to get it just right and sometimes you'll need to wait some real time but nonetheless it should be pretty straightforward :)

shaneyboy619.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So I finally got the trophy and from the experience that I got I think I can explain how these trophy can be tackled.The times that the Giant nevis appear aren't random, they follow a specific logic:

• 0 to 5 stars, is a "normal" zone
  • 6 stars, Storm appears
  • 7 stars, giant Nevi

The stars are related to time, so if in your time is zone it's 9 am/9:00 and the zone that you want has 0 stars, to get make the stars go up you need to change time or just the hours. For example, if you change for a time +6 hours your zone will have 3 to 4 stars and if you keep on changing the time zone the stars will go up and if you pass the wanted number of stars, you just need to make decrease the time that you have.

It's like the stars are connect to specific path of time, if it starts at time than it will increment until it reaches the giant nevi, and starts all over again and most importantly these stars appear at the same time in each time zone. In the case the giant nevi appears at 10pm/22:00 in Samoa(+13), it will appear in GMT at 10pm/22:00 and in all the other time zones at 10pm/22:00.

In my last zone, the candle zone, I reach the Storm (6 stars) at time zone +13 with the time 6 am/6:00 but the giant nevi only appear when I changed the hours to 8pm/20:00. The gaps may change from zone to zone.

I hope this may help future trophy hunters and If you have any question, feel to free to ask, I may have miss some important info in this post.

Edited by Namek_pd
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 5:55 AM, Namek_pd said:

So I finally got the trophy and from the experience that I got I think I can explain how these trophy can be tackled.The times that the Giant nevis appear aren't random, they follow a specific logic:

• 0 to 5 stars, is a "normal" zone
  • 6 stars, Storm appears
  • 7 stars, giant Nevi

The stars are related to time, so if in your time is zone it's 9 am/9:00 and the zone that you want has 0 stars, to get make the stars go up you need to change time or just the hours. For example, if you change for a time +6 hours your zone will have 3 to 4 stars and if you keep on changing the time zone the stars will go up and if you pass the wanted number of stars, you just need to make decrease the time that you have.

It's like the stars are connect to specific path of time, if it starts at time than it will increment until it reaches the giant nevi, and starts all over again and most importantly these stars appear at the same time in each time zone. In the case the giant nevi appears at 10pm/22:00 in Samoa(+13), it will appear in GMT at 10pm/22:00 and in all the other time zones at 10pm/22:00.

In my last zone, the candle zone, I reach the Storm (6 stars) at time zone +13 with the time 6 am/6:00 but the giant nevi only appear when I changed the hours to 8pm/20:00. The gaps may change from zone to zone.

I hope this may help future trophy hunters and If you have any question, feel to free to ask, I may have miss some important info in this post.

Thank you so much for this information! I had so much difficulty trying to figure out the science of it for my PST guide haha. I updated my guide with this information, and credited/quoted you. If you're not ok with that, let me know, so I can change that!

Thank you again! :)

• 2 months later...

Got the platinum today.

I can confirm too that the timezone trick works, but it seems to do so only "forward".

What I mean is that if you get to the furthest timezone and the 7 stars event you need didn't trigger, you can't reset the timezone all the way back and try again.

You'll need to wait for the day to change, and then you can play with the timezone again.

Also, try not to be a noob like me and get a double KO while fighting one of the giant nevi.

It will look like the event is completed and you'll even get the unique talisman, but the trophy wont unlock until you re-trigger the event and kill the giant nevi again normally.

• 3 years later...