Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

@Cubone @PickleRick @Simple Rick (they were all genuine attempts, not piss takes), I forgot to mention I started playing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on Xbox the other day, I know you've played the demo, as too did I, and so far I'm enjoying it. I think the Switch version could be the best version though, based on all the elemental control stuff you do in the game. I played the demo's first level, maybe the second, I don't know, but I knew it was on Game Pass and had heard rave reviews for years now, so it was good enough to get me to jump in. So... I don't know if it's in the demo or not, but in the game you get a magic marker kinda thing and can raise and lower the earth at certain spots, and grow vines and trees and stuff with it too (and presumably more stuff as you go on, I'm about an hour in) and I think it could be really fun to control on the touch screen, assuming they actually accommodated for said screen.

Anywhore, in short, I dig it. I'd prefer to play it on Switch, but like, I already have Game Pass so it'd be pretty dumb. You however, as far as I know, do not have Game Pass, and therefore, I can say, go buy it when it's a price you consider reasonable. I'm enjoying it greatly. Far from challenging, but it's just a well made, fun, colorful little platformer, and I'm okay with that.

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

@Cubone @PickleRick @Simple Rick (they were all genuine attempts, not piss takes), I forgot to mention I started playing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on Xbox the other day, I know you've played the demo, as too did I, and so far I'm enjoying it. I think the Switch version could be the best version though, based on all the elemental control stuff you do in the game. I played the demo's first level, maybe the second, I don't know, but I knew it was on Game Pass and had heard rave reviews for years now, so it was good enough to get me to jump in. So... I don't know if it's in the demo or not, but in the game you get a magic marker kinda thing and can raise and lower the earth at certain spots, and grow vines and trees and stuff with it too (and presumably more stuff as you go on, I'm about an hour in) and I think it could be really fun to control on the touch screen, assuming they actually accommodated for said screen.

Anywhore, in short, I dig it. I'd prefer to play it on Switch, but like, I already have Game Pass so it'd be pretty dumb. You however, as far as I know, do not have Game Pass, and therefore, I can say, go buy it when it's a price you consider reasonable. I'm enjoying it greatly. Far from challenging, but it's just a well made, fun, colorful little platformer, and I'm okay with that.

Well, at least you know not to start with @BillyHorrible.

I played the demo but I'm not a fan, didn't enjoy it a lot. Yeah the marker was in the demo.

Think I might get it if it's€5 or so but I think there's many games more deserving of my time.

I know we were just talking about Super Meat Boy two weeks ago and, to my surprise, it launched on the Switch a week later. I honestly didn't know it was even coming to the Switch. It was just pure chance that we talked about it here in this thread. Anyway, a bit of good news concerning this game. Developer Team Meat announced that sales of SMB on the Switch almost came close to the sales figures on the Xbox 360 when the game originally launched in 2010.

https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/951949505171144704

Edited by Miles_Warren

Almost done with Stardew Valley, two days to go to end year two. Might just get 70+ hours in the end, it'll be a close one, and it would be my first 70+h game. And much of it done in in-between time, that would've been wasted on my phone otherwise.

14 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Are you going to be Slick Rick next time? 

Reveal hidden contents

1745.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

All this does is remind me that you have not yet watched Rick And Morty since you still can't name any of the actual Ricks B)

12 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I know we were just talking about Super Meat Boy two weeks ago and, to my surprise, it launched on the Switch a week later. I honestly didn't know it was even coming to the Switch. It was just pure chance that we talked about it here in this thread. Anyway, a bit of good news concerning this game. Developer Team Meat announced that sales of SMB on the Switch almost came close to the sales figures on the Xbox 360 when the game originally launched in 2010.

https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/951949505171144704

Sorry but it wasn't a complete coincidence that we talked about it, as I made the comparison between Super Meat Boy, Völgarr and potentially The End Is Nigh, which I all knew to be(come) Switch games. All three are now available on the Switch, and I threw SMB in there before it was actually released because I've played and enjoyed it on the X360. 

And come on, Super Meat Boy will release for all consoles :) it was supposed to come to the Wii but Nintendo had set a size limit for digital games back then and the SMB team couldn't do that without making sacrifices so they gave up on the Wii version.

In case you don't know yet, a Super Meat Boy sequel is being made right now, a runner called Super Meat Boy Forever.

4 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

All this does is remind me that you have not yet watched Rick And Morty since you still can't name any of the actual Ricks B)

Yeah well, if he doesn't have a King persona what's the point? Nothing beats wearing 100 pounds of gold!

Spoiler

2ac41ec73ba97a77ec170533803770e8--hip-ho

4 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

And come on, Super Meat Boy will release for all consoles :) it was supposed to come to the Wii but Nintendo had set a size limit for digital games back then and the SMB team couldn't do that without making sacrifices so they gave up on the Wii version.

In case you don't know yet, a Super Meat Boy sequel is being made right now, a runner called Super Meat Boy Forever.

I wonder if Nintendo increased that size limit at some point? It seems like some fairly big games are on there. Anyway, out of curiosity I checked the PSN website, and SMB takes up 320MB on the Vita, which seems large. Regardless, at least Nintendo learned their lesson with the Wii U eShop, which had no size limitations. In fact I believe it matched the PS4 and Xbox One in making every single retail Wii U game available digitally (or at least the Nintendo-published ones). And the Switch eShop has some improvements over the Wii U one. If it gets some new features as time goes on, it will be perfect.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder that there are two games I will not be buying on the Switch. I will wait for another game that has the initials "SMB". :)

And yes, I'm aware of Vs Super Mario Bros but it doesn't really interest me. I'd probably buy SMB2 or 3 at this point. I have SMB1 on 3DS already.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

19 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Are you going to be Slick Rick next time? 

Reveal hidden contents

1745.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

lmao I like that song by Slick Rick xD

ALSO ANYONE HEARD THAT ONE OF THE FIRST PHYSICAL RELEASE SFROM LRG FOR SWITCH IS SATURDAY MORNING RPG?

Edited by Shiny Suicune

1 hour ago, Shiny Suicune said:

lmao I like that song by Slick Rick xD

ALSO ANYONE HEARD THAT ONE OF THE FIRST PHYSICAL RELEASE SFROM LRG FOR SWITCH IS SATURDAY MORNING RPG?

It's a classic but I'm not that big of a Slick Rick fan honestly. Eric B & Rakim is hands down my favorite 80's hip-hop artist.

I didn't hear that Saturday Morning RPG was getting a physical release on Switch, much less coming to it at all. That's cool I guess. I have it for Vita but I haven't tried it yet.

I played a few levels in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on Wii U recently, and one thing I had forgotten from taking a break from it for so long, is that it uses the microphone to blow platforms that are powered by fans. Super Mario 3D World (Treasure Tracker is a spin-off of that game) did the same thing, I now remember. I'm not sure how likely either of those games are as Switch ports, since the Switch does not have a built-in microphone. Treasure Tracker also makes use of the touchscreen, so I'm not sure how it would work in Switch Docked/Tabletop Mode. I don't think Treasure Tracker warrants a sequel (unless it's a budget eShop release), and SM3DW is unlikely to get one after the success of SMO, so I think ports are the best shot right now. Both games are great, so I hope Nintendo finds a way to overcome those interface issues.

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

I don't want to be "that guy"... but it's not going to be the first LRG Switch release. ;) They haven't announced the first official one yet.  Saturday Morning RPG is just going to be coming to Switch sometime this Spring.

Which I'm interested in getting physically on the Switch, since their PS4 version of it goes for a small fortune on eBay these days.

I know. I did mention it wasn't their first but one of them heehee.

@MosesRockefeller Here is their tweet about it.

So, Riptide GP Renegade is 50% off, €5 instead of €10...

Did anybody play this, and was it fun?

I didn't really look at Wave Racer back in the day as I wasn't into any racing that wasn't either futuristic or Mario Kart. I did enjoy Hydro Thunder though.

Also...

WAAAAAAAAA! The Fall 2 has a release date, the 13th of February! Loved The Fall on PS4, will get The Fall 2 day one on Switch. It will be a trilogy in the end, so I hope part one comes to the Switch too.

1 hour ago, TRACCA93 said:

Hi, someone know when i can find a list of all the esclusive playable on switch?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

Exclusives divided into "no", "yes" (only on Switch), "console" (console exclusive on Switch but it's also on PC, or Android/iOS or whatever), "Nintendo" (only on Nintendo consoles but not only on Switch).

2 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

So, Riptide GP Renegade is 50% off, €5 instead of €10...

Did anybody play this, and was it fun?

I didn't really look at Wave Racer back in the day as I wasn't into any racing that wasn't either futuristic or Mario Kart. I did enjoy Hydro Thunder though.

Also...

WAAAAAAAAA! The Fall 2 has a release date, the 13th of February! Loved The Fall on PS4, will get The Fall 2 day one on Switch. It will be a trilogy in the end, so I hope part one comes to the Switch too.

GP 1 on Android was dope.

GP 2 on PS4 was also dope.

I love me some old school Hydro Thunder style stuff, and this felt like that but with jetskis instead of boats. Controls were cool, game was pretty and smooth, good amount of content, and it was just a fun time. Split screen multiplayer across the board doesn't hurt either.

I'd love to get Renegade on Switch since I've not played it yet, but I'm not interested enough just yet to let that be the game that makes me cave and start buying games again this year.

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

GP 1 on Android was dope.

GP 2 on PS4 was also dope.

I love me some old school Hydro Thunder style stuff, and this felt like that but with jetskis instead of boats. Controls were cool, game was pretty and smooth, good amount of content, and it was just a fun time. Split screen multiplayer across the board doesn't hurt either.

I'd love to get Renegade on Switch since I've not played it yet, but I'm not interested enough just yet to let that be the game that makes me cave and start buying games again this year.

Well, it's only €5 now... Personally, my intentions are to buy less games than I play. Since my last round of buying games (two PSVR titles) I've played through the main portion of Time Machine VR, I've finished the story of The Talos Principle and its DLC and I've finished Stardew Valley (though I want to do the first day of year three completely as that day starts with the evaluation). The next big game I'll buy will be Kirby and I think that after that I'll be able to keep myself under control until Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

That being said, I don't feel like it's necessary to buy loads of small games. I've got enough unfinished games left. The Fall 2 comes next month and I definitely want to play that one.

Night in the Woods is coming to the Switch.  (If no one mentioned it yet.)  Little bit I played on PC, it was a cool game.  Kinda Oxenfree-ish I guess, but more quirky and anthropomorphic.  Been waiting desperately for a physical (disc or cartridge) release of this but it hasn't happened yet.  Maybe LimitedRunGames or someone can step in eventually. xD

EDIT: It's coming February 1st.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Simple Rick said:

Even though none of us are kids, all of us are watching closely, right?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/17-01-2018-1328637.html

According to my wife, I AM a kid most of the time. I'm definitely a kid at heart, so I'm intrigued to see what is getting announced.

Looks like the announcement will be 5pm my time, when I'm in the middle of my commute home. I'll be reading about it for sure.

58 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

According to my wife, I AM a kid most of the time. I'm definitely a kid at heart, so I'm intrigued to see what is getting announced.

Looks like the announcement will be 5pm my time, when I'm in the middle of my commute home. I'll be reading about it for sure.

To many (ignorant) people, liking videogames and Star Wars and LEGO is enough to be labelled as a kid.

That being said, I probably qualify for "kid at heart" as well.

With this wording (used in the West but not in Japan), I think we need to take into account the possibility that what will be revealed really is kiddy, and perhaps even something for people who usually don't buy consoles at all.

Rumour has it that we're talking both hardware and software here. Perhaps a new type of controller and a game to make use of it?

Please hold me back if they're making a new Pokémon Snap with special controllers, like one of the ideas posted after the initial announcement a year and a half ago.

To many (ignorant) people, liking videogames and Star Wars and LEGO is enough to be labelled as a kid.

I'm of the mindset that most adults are kids at heart.  If you liked something growing up, especially something that may have followed you through adolescence, teenage years, young adulthood...  there was probably a reason for it.  Just some adults are so ashamed of themselves for one reason or another, they can only let it out vicariously through their own kids.  As sad as it'll be when those kids take after their parents, and too become adults who are also afraid of/uncomfortable with their own skin, find equally insecure husbands/wives, have kids and start the cycle all over again.

Not to steer too far off topic. :)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'm of the mindset that most adults are kids at heart.  If you liked something growing up, especially something that may have followed you through adolescence, teenage years, young adulthood...  there was probably a reason for it.  Just some adults are so ashamed of themselves for one reason or another, they can only let it out vicariously through their own kids.  As sad as it'll be when those kids take after their parents, and become afraid of/uncomfortable with their own skin.

Yeah, I'm the only one of my 2 close-in-age siblings to still like Star Trek The Next Generation. To my sister, it was a goofy thing from our childhood that she's only interested in to laugh at the past. And that's not even a kids' show!

Then I remember her talking about not "letting" her kids watch the SW prequels, and... I just don't get it.

I'm not ashamed of enjoying some "kiddie" things, and what's even cooler is if it gives you a connection with a younger generation (either your own kids or nephews/nieces, etc.). My daughter is already starting to get into Nintendo with Mario and Yoshi and Peach.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'm of the mindset that most adults are kids at heart.  If you liked something growing up, especially something that may have followed you through adolescence, teenage years, young adulthood...  there was probably a reason for it.  Just some adults are so ashamed of themselves for one reason or another, they can only let it out vicariously through their own kids.  As sad as it'll be when those kids take after their parents, and too become adults who are also afraid of/uncomfortable with their own skin, find equally insecure husbands/wives, have kids and start the cycle all over again.

23 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, I'm the only one of my 2 close-in-age siblings to still like Star Trek The Next Generation. To my sister, it was a goofy thing from our childhood that she's only interested in to laugh at the past. And that's not even a kids' show!

Then I remember her talking about not "letting" her kids watch the SW prequels, and... I just don't get it.

I'm not ashamed of enjoying some "kiddie" things, and what's even cooler is if it gives you a connection with a younger generation (either your own kids or nephews/nieces, etc.). My daughter is already starting to get into Nintendo with Mario and Yoshi and Peach.

I don't care enough about other people's opinions to be ashamed of geeky stuff I like. I'll play the Switch in public, and I'll say "no" every time a store worker asks me if a LEGO set is a gift when they already start to go for the gift wrapping station.

Or, in the words of a T-shirt I immediately bought when I saw it:

Spoiler

pew-pew-v2-tshirts.jpg

• Like 1

I'll play the Switch in public, and I'll say "no" every time a store worker asks me if a LEGO set is a gift when they already start to go for the gift wrapping station.

100% me. I went to Smyths a few weeks ago and brought a LEGO set, along with Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, and the woman serving me was so lovely about it. She was like, are you building this today and do you collect sets which was really refreshing as that doesn't really happen when I go shopping. 

On topic though, I'm super excited to see what this Nintendo Switch thing is tonight, so I'll be tuning in to watch it for sure! And I'm glad to see Night In The Woods is coming to Switch and I think I'll be picking that up!

33 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

100% me. I went to Smyths a few weeks ago and brought a LEGO set, along with Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, and the woman serving me was so lovely about it. She was like, are you building this today and do you collect sets which was really refreshing as that doesn't really happen when I go shopping. 

On topic though, I'm super excited to see what this Nintendo Switch thing is tonight, so I'll be tuning in to watch it for sure! And I'm glad to see Night In The Woods is coming to Switch and I think I'll be picking that up!

Man, store employees are sure nosy over there in Europe. Over here in the states I'm lucky to get ANY human conversation beyond the exchange of money. I wore my unofficial Rocket Racoon / Ratchet t-shirt and it has never been acknowledged in Gamestop or Best Buy.

Also, how are people "tuning in" to the Nintendo announcement? Tuning in to what? Are people just expecting that link to get updated? This makes me think we need a Nintendo channel that airs 24/7, All Nintendo All the Time!

• Like 1