Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Bought a Switch today with my Christmas money! Got Mario and Zelda with it, booted up Zelda for an hour and holy crap it's a beauty. Now I own every Nintendo console as well as every mainline Zelda and Mario game It only adds to my backlog and now my world has opened up even further but I have no regrets. Gonna buy Skyrim for the 4th time soon so I can play it on the go! The Bayonetta trilogy is also in my sights!

Edited by MeteorHawk

8 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

Bought a Switch today with my Christmas money! Got Mario and Zelda with it, booted up Zelda for an hour and holy crap it's a beauty. Now I own every Nintendo console as well as every mainline Zelda and Mario game It only adds to my backlog and now my world has opened up even further but I have no regrets. Gonna buy Skyrim for the 4th time soon so I can play it on the go! The Bayonetta trilogy is also in my sights!

Congratulations! Now you can make the Switch and make terrible puns here with the rest of us!

I just traded in my unplayed copy of Bayonetta 1 + 2 Wii U, to fully commit myself to the new Switch release. So far I've only played B1 on PS3, but I'm looking forward to the 2nd and 3rd games on the go.

12 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

Welcome to the club!

I bought Skyrim on the Switch, third time I've bought it. Hopefully playing on the go means I can finish it for once...

Just now, MosesRockefeller said:

Congratulations! Now you can make the Switch and make terrible puns here with the rest of us!

I just traded in my unplayed copy of Bayonetta 1 + 2 Wii U, to fully commit myself to the new Switch release. So far I've only played B1 on PS3, but I'm looking forward to the 2nd and 3rd games on the go.

I spotted B2 on the eShop but no price yet, and B1 wasn't even there. I'm willing to buy B1 to give the series a try.

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Dang son! It's on sale for $10 on the US eShop right now (normally $15). The physical version here is $30. You must have really wanted a physical copy, eh? I can't see paying twice or more for a physical copy of a game, but then I like digital anyway.

Well I already had the thing on 3DS, and all the PS platforms. I got the 3DS one in a Humble Bundle and the PS versions on sale for 2 bucks and change. So as much as I wanted it again on Switch, I wasn't gonna drop the 22.50 they wanted day one for it. 

The physical version was 30 USD, which was just under 40 AUD. I figured I would much rather pay another 18 odd if I was gonna pay full digi price, to get the physical version. Then the orders went live and turns out shipping wasn't included, so that was another 16 USD. Anyway, end price ended up just over 60 AUD at the time. 

It's more than it's probably worth, but I fucking love the game, and of all the games getting limited runs lately, I think the 8 bit NES style GTA clone, on a Switch cartridge, was one of the ones more deserving of my money. Anyway, I had a look on eBay and the prices of the PS4 and Vita versions are going for a lot more than the 60 odd I'll be paying for this. I have no intention to flip mine, but the thing that pushed me into buying it completely was knowing that if I ever did ditch it, it shouldn't end up being a waste of money.

3 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Hey @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, remember when we were hoping that Shakedown Hawaii would be available before June was over?

Look, if I can genuinely enjoy Duke Nukem 4 after how long that took, I think Shakedown shouldn't disappoint.

Although, it's a bit annoying. I was really amped for that game. Think I might have to change 2018 from "Only buying Spider-Man" to "Only buying Spider-Man, and this fucking game because I should have had it last year".

I'm hoping Nintendo gonna reveal their online subscription thing at the January Direct. Sounds hypocritical and ridiculous to hear someone like me being like "hurry up and let me pay for the online service you currently provide for free", I know, but to be honest, 25 odd a year is just over 2 bucks a month. Factor in I'll be paying for my sub with money from the 15% off eShop cards, and it's another 15% off, so 21.25, which divided by 12 is just under 1.80. So honestly, I'm looking forward to getting a shiny "new" NES classic every month for a buck eighty. 

I bought my 2DS on the 24th, the 25th and 26th are public holidays, I finally got to call them on the 27th, and now, on the 28th, I have access back into my 3DS download list. While redownloading all the NES games I have on my 3DS, which is a lot more than I remember, I got my hopes back, hopes that had long since died, for shared Virtual Console lists with the Switch. I'm not betting on it, but damn would it be good to have another 360 moment when all of a sudden all your old shit pops up in your new machine's download list.

10 hours ago, MeteorHawk said:

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club. You'll love Mario and Zelda for sure. Two of the best games of 2017. I'm playing Skyrim myself at the moment. I must be the only person in the world who hasn't played that game ? If I may make a recommendation, I think you might like Splatoon 2. Look it up and see what you think :)

3 hours ago, Gengar said:

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club. You'll love Mario and Zelda for sure. Two of the best games of 2017. I'm playing Skyrim myself at the moment. I must be the only person in the world who hasn't played that game 1f602.png If I may make a recommendation, I think you might like Splatoon 2. Look it up and see what you think :)

I saw someone on my Switch friends list start Skyrim a few days ago but even though all people on my friends list are from PSNP, I can't for the life of me connect half of them to their PSNP counterparts any more.

I'm also playing Skyrim, among other things. I might have played it before, but I never finished it.

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Although, it's a bit annoying. I was really amped for that game. Think I might have to change 2018 from "Only buying Spider-Man" to "Only buying Spider-Man, and this fucking game because I should have had it last year".

I'm going to try and focus on my backlog instead of buying new stuff in the first half of 2018, just like I did in 2017. Helps keep my backlog under control.

I'm in Chapter 3 in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 now and I like the game very much. At first the game looked quite old graphically as the textures in the environments were rough, but once I got into exploring the gorgeous Gormott area, it didn't bother me in the slightest. The story is interesting so far, the characters are nicely designed and entertaining (my favorites are Tora, Poppi and Nia) and the battle system is very different from what I've seen in other RPGs and I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot (now that I understand a little bit about it). So many fun and cool mechanics in combat and there's a nice amount of customization for both the drivers and blades.

One gripe is the navigation as it's sometimes hard to decipher where to go even with the quest compass display. There are also some annoying high level unique monsters scattered into low level areas that might sometimes one-shot you if you're not careful.

If you're into RPGs I recommend trying out Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

EDIT: Oh! And you might want to download the Japanese audio from eShop!

Edited by Eyjabria
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

@RizzleAbbey12 have fun with your new Switch, and welcome to the club!

Feel free to bother this thread with opinions about the games you play or questions about the games you might want :)

Thank you for directing me to this thread @Pickle Rick! :) I'm looking forward to setting it up today but I did have a sneaky peak last night and it looks amazing! I love how they package consoles :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I saw someone on my Switch friends list start Skyrim a few days ago but even though all people on my friends list are from PSNP, I can't for the life of me connect half of them to their PSNP counterparts any more.

? That was me. It probably doesn't help that my Switch name is Jackal wheres it's Miles_Warren on everything else. Just to add to the confusion ;)

Already put in over 10 hours into Skyrim. Even though the game is only 6 years old, you can tell it has aged graphically. Gameplaywise, it is an amazing RPG and there is so much to do. I can't turn a corner without picking up another quest or sidequest. Honestly, it was a little daunting at first considering there is so many skills you can level up in the game. I think I have the hang of it now although the magic portion of the game is a little useless for me at the moment. I think there is a school in Solitude I can learn from to use this ability in battle.

5 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

@Gengar I never played Skyrim xD. I want to on the Switch though :P

I played a bit of Oblivion on 360 but that's literally it lol 

Oh so there are other people like me ;) I recommend the game if you like RPG's.

@RizzleAbbey12 Welcome to the club. I see the Switch was a popular gift over the Christmas

• Like 2

Got my Nintendo Switch for Christmas well opened it up on christmas  anyways. Played some of both Mario Odyssey and Zelda and now i see why Zelda beat Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm in love with the Zelda series Breath Of The Wild is my first entry into the series now i hope Nintendo releases some type of a collection of the older games for the switch..... Sorry Zelda fans if i am playing with your emotions...

16 minutes ago, Gengar said:

1f602.png That was me. It probably doesn't help that my Switch name is Jackal wheres it's Miles_Warren on everything else. Just to add to the confusion ;)

Already put in over 10 hours into Skyrim. Even though the game is only 6 years old, you can tell it has aged graphically. Gameplaywise, it is an amazing RPG and there is so much to do. I can't turn a corner without picking up another quest or sidequest. Honestly, it was a little daunting at first considering there is so many skills you can level up in the game. I think I have the hang of it now although the magic portion of the game is a little useless for me at the moment. I think there is a school in Solitude I can learn from to use this ability in battle.

@RizzleAbbey12 Welcome to the club. I see the Switch was a popular gift over the Christmas

Me too, I have never played Skyrim. I'll probably get it on Switch eventually, but it's not a priority. I'm sure it's a good game and all, but when I think back on my time with Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Oblivion, I don't get excited about jumping into another game like that. I used to love those kinds of games but for whatever reason I have veered heavily towards JRPGs and away from "Western" RPGs.

• Like 1

I have a Switch now! ? Got it with Zelda BotW and bought Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I played like 10 hours of Zelda and so far I like it. 

The console itself is great as well. A little minimalistic but still okay. What I don't like is the price of the joycons, the lack of a charging port on the original joycon dock

and the handling of the controllers if you decide to use one half as a full controller. Playing Mario Kart like this will imprint the "a" button to your thumb. 

Anyways, off to playing more Zelda ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gengar said:

Thank you Gengar! It was a complete surprise as I didn't know I was getting one :D. Mum said to me afterwards that she had to do a little digging into the Switch and apparently she was being a proper little detective on Amazon and Game :P!

8 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I have a Switch now! 1f64c.png Got it with Zelda BotW and bought Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I played like 10 hours of Zelda and so far I like it. 

The console itself is great as well. A little minimalistic but still okay. What I don't like is the price of the joycons, the lack of a charging port on the original joycon dock

and the handling of the controllers if you decide to use one half as a full controller. Playing Mario Kart like this will imprint the "a" button to your thumb. 

Anyways, off to playing more Zelda ;) 

Woohoo! :D Welcome to the Switch Club! 

• Like 1

Sweet Jeebus, the thread is exploding with new Switch members! Welcome to the club all!

11 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Thank you for directing me to this thread @Pickle Rick! :) I'm looking forward to setting it up today but I did have a sneaky peak last night and it looks amazing! I love how they package consoles :D

Have fun with the Switch the next few days (and onwards), curious to see what mode you'll end up preferring, a few people (like me) started on docked only and are now almost exclusively on handheld.

9 hours ago, Gengar said:

1f602.png That was me. It probably doesn't help that my Switch name is Jackal wheres it's Miles_Warren on everything else. Just to add to the confusion ;)

Yeah you and others whose names on the Switch don't correspond at all to the PSN(P) names. I can still guess who "Moses" and "Parker" are.

Anyway Skyrim is so cool and big, this is the fourth time I'm starting it (10+ hours here too though most of that was in the first week, currently my main game is Stardew Valley again, of which I want to complete the second year) but I'm once again playing in a different way.

9 hours ago, TrueAssassin86x said:

Got my Nintendo Switch for Christmas well opened it up on christmas  anyways. Played some of both Mario Odyssey and Zelda and now i see why Zelda beat Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm in love with the Zelda series Breath Of The Wild is my first entry into the series now i hope Nintendo releases some type of a collection of the older games for the switch..... Sorry Zelda fans if i am playing with your emotions...

Playing with emotions? How?

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time was my first i. The series. Got it with the console (and Mario 64 and Star Wars Racer), almost didn't start it because at the time, I was almost exclusively into platformers and futuristic racers. It was an eye-opener for me, and currently much of what I play are open world (fantasy) adventure RPGs.

I played most later Zelda games but didn't absolutely love another one until Breath Of The Wild, what an amazing game... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

I bought Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. Going to play it in a bit lol.

I don't think this is a laughing matter. STEEL THY SHOVEL!

Great game though. Have you played it before? I loved the Specter Of Torment DLC and I'm going to play the final DLC right when it releases.

On 28/12/2017 at 7:53 PM, Eyjabria said:

I'm in Chapter 3 in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 now and I like the game very much. At first the game looked quite old graphically as the textures in the environments were rough, but once I got into exploring the gorgeous Gormott area, it didn't bother me in the slightest. The story is interesting so far, the characters are nicely designed and entertaining (my favorites are Tora, Poppi and Nia) and the battle system is very different from what I've seen in other RPGs and I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot (now that I understand a little bit about it). So many fun and cool mechanics in combat and there's a nice amount of customization for both the drivers and blades.

One gripe is the navigation as it's sometimes hard to decipher where to go even with the quest compass display. There are also some annoying high level unique monsters scattered into low level areas that might sometimes one-shot you if you're not careful.

If you're into RPGs I recommend trying out Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

EDIT: Oh! And you might want to download the Japanese audio from eShop!

Thanks for your thoughts Eyjabria. I am on the fence with this at the moment. I am playing a few JRPG at moment but don't really want to add another one that requires to much levelling to progress story. If you wouldn't mind as your progress could you let us know how the leveling goes naturally against the story or if much grinding is required. Many thanks in advanced 

12 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Thanks for your thoughts Eyjabria. I am on the fence with this at the moment. I am playing a few JRPG at moment but don't really want to add another one that requires to much levelling to progress story. If you wouldn't mind as your progress could you let us know how the leveling goes naturally against the story or if much grinding is required. Many thanks in advanced 

I've progressed the story to chapter 4 now and so far I haven't had to grind levels. The battles are a lot of fun so levels have increased without it feeling troublesome. I've clocked in nearly 40 hours of play time now and the story is getting more interesting and there are some humorous events too. I like to explore a lot (I'm a bit obsessed with finding hidden chests), I've done some side quests and salvaging (a system where you dive valuable items from the cloud sea) and played "Tiger! Tiger!" (a videogame made by Tora), so main story could likely be progressed faster. Yesterday I unlocked a mercenary quest system where you can send out blades to gather items, gold and exp, so that should lessen the need for grinding as well. 

Another great thing I've liked in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is that you can swap the character you're controlling so you can alter your play style both by changing the character and the blades you engage. I've mostly played the role of a tank with Tora. 

Here a couple of scenery screenshots:

tumblr_p1ostac2T51tyw21qo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p1ostac2T51tyw21qo5_1280.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I don't think this is a laughing matter. STEEL THY SHOVEL!

Great game though. Have you played it before? I loved the Specter Of Torment DLC and I'm going to play the final DLC right when it releases.

Nope, that's why I bought the complete edition Treasure Trove lol.

it's interesting so far :P