Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

On 10/21/2018 at 7:48 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I finally modded my Wii U to play back ups, and to boot into Nintendont in actual Wii U mode (with gamepad support) rather than vWii mode.

I mention this, primarily, because of the latter. GAWD, playing Game Cube games on that gamepad with the actual buttons and everything is fantastic. The visuals REALLY pop on a screen that small. I played an hour or so of Hit and Run in bed last night and it honestly looked like a mid-gen PS3 kinda game, and that's just with the built-in native playback, no emulation or upscaling, an upscaled Game Cube emulator for Switch with that 6.2inch 720p screen (I believe the Wii U's tab was 480 or so, could be wrong), it'd be fantastic. I know, I know, we've all been saying that for nearly TWO YEARS NOW (get on it, Nintendo), but I've seen the next best thing, and it's even better than I dared hope. On the one hand, I cannot wait for Game Cube to inevitably come to Switch, but on the other, I'm gonna be devastated when I remember Tony Hawk 3, Spider-Man 2, and so on don't ever come to the Switch. 

Anyway, we all want Game Cube on Switch, I know I'm not saying anything new.

What I'm mostly here to say, is if you, like me, want some sixth gen action on a miniature screen you can play in bed or on the toilet, well, and I've not said it in a good few years honestly, but, GO BUY A WII U. You can find them for a hundred or so here (preowned) even still, jump in before they become ludicrously overpriced (which, to be fair, may not actually happen, but who knows), modding the thing is super easy, barely an inconvenience (reference.jpg), and now that you can play Game Cube titles on the actual gamepad as of a year or so back, fuck it, stop waiting for Nintendo to bring Game Cube to Switch. Just take a hundred bucks that you would have spent on Game Cube games, and just buy a damn Wii U and play any and every Game Cube game on the tele or on a tablet (plus Wii, Wii U, and most earlier stuff, obviously). 

Bring on that feckin' November Direct.

Yeah, the Wii U Gamepad is 480p, so the Switch would look even better for GameCube games. I modded my Wii U a while back with Nintendont but I haven't done anything with it lately. I'll have to check if I have Wii U mode with Gamepad support enabled. Anyway, I think that sounds pretty cool. I hate the Gamecube controller, so using the Gamepad would be much better.

My main problem with the Gamepad is the damn proprietary wireless protocol. Not only does mine not reach to the bathroom, but it barely even works slightly down the hall from the TV. So no playing on the toilet for me, unless I set up a TV in the bathroom and move the Wii U in there.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

On 21/10/2018 at 1:43 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

I just started playing Starlink today. I didn't bother connecting the grip, and I instead played with the Pro Controller. I picked Fox and the Arwing (of course) but the game unlocked the starter character and his ship digitally. I guess I need to connect the grip eventually to unlock the Razor pilot I got as a preorder bonus. I was impressed by the build quality of the Arwing, and the fact that its vertical flaps can open and close. The game itself is a lot of fun. I played up through the 3rd or 4th story mission, as far as I can tell. I haven't quite figured out the progression system yet (e.g. being able to view progress in the story). Anyway, I just arrived at the second planet that the game points you to. 

I'm about six hours and four planets in now, game is really starting to open up even more.

Loving it enough to order the PS4 version too, and also the Neptune and Nadir packs (@MosesRockefeller might want to take note of that last one, as you mentioned looking for female pilots - the Nadir has Shaid, female outlaw, and if the Ubishop is correct in its calculations then it's the most popular physical add-on for the game), these are the two ships that I think are the coolest (the Neptune especially now that I've seen the physical version in a store).

@MosesRockefeller Razor has her own ship too, but in the USA it's exclusive to Target or GameStop or something (here in Holland I can buy it through an online store, bol.com). It's a repainted Lancer with inverted Neptune wings, it seems.

I'm interested in what will be wave two. I think Eli is a cool character, would be great to see a prospector ship with him bundled.

Edited by Kassandra

25 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

I'm about six hours and four planets in now, game is really starting to open up even more.

Loving it enough to order the PS4 version too, and also the Neptune and Nadir packs (@MosesRockefeller might want to take note of that last one, as you mentioned looking for female pilots - the Nadir has Shaid, female outlaw, and if the Ubishop is correct in its calculations then it's the most popular physical add-on for the game), these are the two ships that I think are the coolest (the Neptune especially now that I've seen the physical version in a store).

@MosesRockefeller Razor has her own ship too, but in the USA it's exclusive to Target or GameStop or something (here in Holland I can buy it through an online store, bol.com). It's a repainted Lancer with inverted Neptune wings, it seems.

I'm interested in what will be wave two. I think Eli is a cool character, would be great to see a prospector ship with him bundled.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not really looking for more characters or ships right now. To be honest the figures are too small and fragile to make much sense in my house with a 4-year-old and a 18-month-old. If I do feel the need to unlock more characters and ships, I'll probably get them digitally. But I think I'll stick with the starter stuff for now.

I did go to Uplay via the mobile app on my phone, and unlock all the rewards for the game, which consisted of weapon and ship upgrades. The Switch doesn't have the Uplay Browser like the PS4, Xbox One, and PC do, but you can still link it. I also sent you a "Ubisoft Club" friend request (or whatever it's called), which should let us see each others' progress in the game I think.

Anyway, as you said before I'm impressed with the integration of Star Fox. I guess the cutscenes that have the Star Fox team just have them edited out for the non-Switch versions? Which by the way, I noticed that it's possible to add up to two extra wing parts to the Arwing, but I'm keeping mine default even though that adds defense points. I don't want my Arwing looking like an ugly monstrosity. :) I need to see if there is a way to upgrade the default Arwing lasers too, since they seem underpowered in comparison to the weapon modules.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:07 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, the Wii U Gamepad is 480p, so the Switch would look even better for GameCube games. I modded my Wii U a while back with Nintendont but I haven't done anything with it lately. I'll have to check if I have Wii U mode with Gamepad support enabled. Anyway, I think that sounds pretty cool. I hate the Gamecube controller, so using the Gamepad would be much better.

My main problem with the Gamepad is the damn proprietary wireless protocol. Not only does mine not reach to the bathroom, but it barely even works slightly down the hall from the TV. So no playing on the toilet for me, unless I set up a TV in the bathroom and move the Wii U in there.

Plus they'd have to emulate to get them on Switch, meaning upscaling is a likely thing, stuff'd look absolutely gorgeous on Switch. I did the same, I've had Nintendont on there for 3 or 4 years now, until a year or so back though, it was stuck being only usable via vWii mode (which in turn meant I still needed to keep a Wiimote around for whenever I'd wanna play it, even though I could play with a Wii U PC, I'd still need a Wiimote to navigate the menus and get to Nintendont), now you can download a forwarder which launches directly into the program from Wii U mode, it does this through a method that basically spoofs the Wii U into thinking it's running a Wii VC game, which in turn means it supports the gamepad controls. I also don't care for the GC controller, playing on the gamepad is dooooope.

I feel that. Right now, taking walls and whatnot out of the equation (of which there's a couple) my console is about 4/5 metres from the toilet. Last time I used it on the toilet was a good while back, but it worked hit and miss, worked fine with the door open though, but I mean, if I'm sitting on the toilet, I'm probably doing something that wouldn't be very nice to leave the door open during. So I feel you. Works a treat in bed though, got the tablet sitting between me and the wall, plugged into my laptop over night via USB charging cable from eBay for 5 bucks and everything. 

Here's what you should do.

Step 1. Make sure you can play Nintendont on the gamepad / set it up so you can.

Step 2. Install a power outlet in your toilet / bathroom area, I don't know the setup of your house, so we'll just assume you have room.

Step 3. Plug the Wii U console in there, because let's be real, you're not using it that much.

Step 4. Play on the tablet whenever you need to do a poopie.

Step 5. Profit.

Edit: Slight bit of evil doer piracy talk, hidden in a spoiler for the integrity of the Switch Holy Internet Thread.

So I put an ad up on Gumtree earlier tonight wanting to sell my copies of Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong, and Lego City on Switch for 100. Preowned, the lot would set you back 196 at EB and in total I would have paid around a hundred, maybe a little more, a little less, I genuinely don't remember with all my deals. Anyway, I put the ad up, within minutes I've got a bunch of replies, one dude says he's ten minutes away and can pick up right now (it was like 9:30PM) and I go it. So within 20 minutes of putting an ad up, I've found a guy, met a guy, sold to the guy, and gone home, pretty sweet. 

Anyway, I sold them because I won't be playing Lego again any time soon and I've barely touched those other two so I think to myself, why not just download the Wii U versions of the lot? So I did. Then I thought that for more things. MK8 I much prefer to be able to take on the go, but stuff like Zelda, I could have gladly had it on Wii U instead of Switch, but I own it, and most of my games, digitally now so oh well (But I actually MADE money on that game, so I'm happy) and anyway, you know what occurred to me? If I think 30 bucks for one piece of Zelda DLC (because that's what you're REALLY getting) is too much, and Nintendo refuses to have a sale, I can just download it for feckin' free on Wii U. 

I know, I know, "piracy is bad, and you should feel bad", but the fact of the matter is it STILL hasn't been on sale, and I was ALWAYS gonna wait for a sale price. The second it goes on sale on Switch I'll buy it there too because portable riding that bike through Hyrule is worth 15 or so no problem, but I refuse to pay full price for that DLC, so they ain't *losing* any money on me as it is. End speech.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

worked fine with the door open though, but I mean, if I'm sitting on the toilet, I'm probably doing something that wouldn't be very nice to leave the door open during. So I feel you.

Okay, this got a good chuckle out of me this morning. I like the cut of your jib, sir!

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Here's what you should do.

Step 1. Make sure you can play Nintendont on the gamepad / set it up so you can.

Step 2. Install a power outlet in your toilet / bathroom area, I don't know the setup of your house, so we'll just assume you have room.

Step 3. Plug the Wii U console in there, because let's be real, you're not using it that much.

Step 4. Play on the tablet whenever you need to do a poopie.

Step 5. Profit.

Sadly our bathroom is tiny. It has a power outlet that is used for our electric toothbrushes (I know, we live like emperors in our house!), but there is no room to put the Wii U console in there.

Anyway, I don't think my version of Nintendont has the "native gamepad" support or whatever it's called. I'll have to look into the process for updating it (which might be just removing it and adding it back).

Also, I had a nice tease from Amazon this morning. My email showed a Deal of the Day on storage, and the picture was of a SD card. Sweet, I thought, I can finally get a bigger card for my Switch (I have a 128 now)! Then I click the link, and the only Micros SD cards on sale are the SanDisk "Extreme" line that has speeds wasted on the Switch (and prices to match, even on sale). I guess I'm sticking with the 128 for now...

Edited by MosesRockefeller

11 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Okay, this got a good chuckle out of me this morning. I like the cut of your jib, sir!

Sadly our bathroom is tiny. It has a power outlet that is used for our electric toothbrushes (I know, we live like emperors in our house!), but there is no room to put the Wii U console in there.

Anyway, I don't think my version of Nintendont has the "native gamepad" support or whatever it's called. I'll have to look into the process for updating it (which might be just removing it and adding it back).

Also, I had a nice tease from Amazon this morning. My email showed a Deal of the Day on storage, and the picture was of a SD card. Sweet, I thought, I can finally get a bigger card for my Switch (I have a 128 now)! Then I click the link, and the only Micros SD cards on sale are the SanDisk "Extreme" line that has speeds wasted on the Switch (and prices to match, even on sale). I guess I'm sticking with the 128 for now...

What's a jib? Can I spend it?

Already sounds bigger than our's. We have a toilet, and about half a metre of foot room for when you're sitting down. There's also a shelf above said toilet. You have to do an awkward little dance when you push the door open, then walk past it that half metre, then shut the door behind you so you fit in without clipping your toe or something. Though, thinking about it now, there's a largely unused power point in the hallway right outside the door, only ever gets used when I need to charge something and every other outlet is occupied, not that I'm going to, but I could definitely park the Wii U there and take the tablet in when need's be. tbh it'd just be easier to grab the Switch if I really wanted though. We've put too much thought into this.

I have an almost full 128gb, and an almost full 64gb, and an almost full 32gb card for Switch. Around 90 of my games are on the 128gb card, while the bigger ones, that coincidentally I don't play all the time, are on the other cards. 64gb has South Park (20 odd gig), Zelda (just under 14), Outlast 2 (just over 10), Resident Evil (15 or so), 4 decent digital games and the 64gb card is toast. 32gb has the cart installs of Doom (8ish), LA Noire (13ish), and Wolfenstein (8ish). You could take a similar approach, assuming you have other cards floating around too, shove some of the bigger, or less played games, on alt cards and keep just about everything else on the big boy. I also had another 64gb handy for this purpose, but it got shoved in the missus' Switch the day she got that, so oh well. 

I only just found out now that Ion Maiden is coming to Switch as well early next year. I cannot fucking wait.

For those of you, like me, as I'm sure you know, love old school shooters, in particular stuff like Duke 3D, Rise of the Triad, and Shadow Warrior. 

Well, here's a NEW game on the BUILD engine (what Duke, Shadow, Blood, and so on, are built...heh... on), on all the shiny new current gen consoles, from the "new" 3D Realms. Same name as the old makers, but very, very few of the same people. Buuuut, AFAIK Freedy Schrieber is still heading up 3DR through Interceptor (he was the guy who did the canned Duke 3D HD remake, and his company made the Rise of the Triad reboot), so it's honestly about as good as it could be in current year. Seems that this is an expanded version of the little prequel thing they made in Build for their recent game Bombshell, which in turn was itself birthed as a Duke spin off. I'm so stoked it's coming to Switch.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I might yet be out of gum.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

I'm considering picking one up soon due to Sony's player empowerement. I'd like to ask a few things:

Is there a site like psprices for the digital store?

Do I need the subscription to buy digital games?

Can I play any/all 3DS digital games with Switch?

If not, is the 3DS store going to be around for long?

47 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

I'm considering picking one up soon due to Sony's player empowerement. I'd like to ask a few things:

Is there a site like psprices for the digital store?

Do I need the subscription to buy digital games?

Can I play any/all 3DS digital games with Switch?

If not, is the 3DS store going to be around for long?

It looks like psprices is starting to track eShop prices, but it seems pretty WIP right now. Google brings up a few at the top results, but nothing as comprehensive as psprices unfortunately.

You do not need to subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online, that’s exclusively for online multiplayer right now and access to NES titles. You only need a Nintendo account for Switch eShop, which is the same account they set up for their mobile games. You can link your 3DS / Wii U NNID to share funds, and you’ll earn gold coins with each purchase (of eShop games and new, under-one-year-old game cards) that can be used toward future purchases.

There are no crossbuy 3DS and Switch eShop titles, unfortunately, and Switch doesn’t natively run any 3DS software whatsoever.

Since you can share a “wallet” between Switch and 3DS / Wii U, I expect the 3DS eShop will remain open for quite a while. Especially with 3DS titles still releasing into 2019, 3DS’s eShop should match the life of the Switch if not longer.

Edited by nemoflouri
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 7:26 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

What's a jib? Can I spend it?

I have an almost full 128gb, and an almost full 64gb, and an almost full 32gb card for Switch. Around 90 of my games are on the 128gb card, while the bigger ones, that coincidentally I don't play all the time, are on the other cards. 64gb has South Park (20 odd gig), Zelda (just under 14), Outlast 2 (just over 10), Resident Evil (15 or so), 4 decent digital games and the 64gb card is toast. 32gb has the cart installs of Doom (8ish), LA Noire (13ish), and Wolfenstein (8ish). You could take a similar approach, assuming you have other cards floating around too, shove some of the bigger, or less played games, on alt cards and keep just about everything else on the big boy. I also had another 64gb handy for this purpose, but it got shoved in the missus' Switch the day she got that, so oh well. 

Ha, it's an old phrase. I just like the way it sounds.

I COULD swap cards, but that sounds like way too much work. I'd rather just have one big one.

Also, I noticed that retail preorders for New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe have started popping up. It's a full-price $60 (USD) game. Personally I think it should be cheaper. I won't be buying it anyway but I think it would do better at $50. When I consider the fact that it's the same price as Super Mario Odyssey, which is a brand new game, that seems silly. It's weird to remember that at various points Nintendo has actually done compilations of older games - Super Mario All-Stars, Kirby's Dream Collection, and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I may be forgetting a few. It's even more interesting that for Mario and Metroid, those games were only one generation old when they were ported, which compares with games ported from the Wii U to Switch. That reminds me, Nintendo should add Super Mario All-Stars to Nintendo Switch Online if they ever get around to adding SNES games, since those games are even cooler as 16-bit versions of the originals.

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Ha, it's an old phrase. I just like the way it sounds.

I COULD swap cards, but that sounds like way too much work. I'd rather just have one big one.

Also, I noticed that retail preorders for New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe have started popping up. It's a full-price $60 (USD) game. Personally I think it should be cheaper. I won't be buying it anyway but I think it would do better at $50. When I consider the fact that it's the same price as Super Mario Odyssey, which is a brand new game, that seems silly. It's weird to remember that at various points Nintendo has actually done compilations of older games - Super Mario All-Stars, Kirby's Dream Collection, and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I may be forgetting a few. It's even more interesting that for Mario and Metroid, those games were only one generation old when they were ported, which compares with games ported from the Wii U to Switch. That reminds me, Nintendo should add Super Mario All-Stars to Nintendo Switch Online if they ever get around to adding SNES games, since those games are even cooler as 16-bit versions of the originals.

I know, was doing a reference, I do that sometimes.

I just have my two alt ones blue tack'd to the wall for convenience and grab when needed. Though if it wasn't as simple as putting like 5 games on there and calling it a day, if I had to bounce back and forth regularly, yeah, I'd buy a bigger card too and just cut my losses.

I miss the compilations. When the rumours were out for a New SMB Switch port / collection, I automatically assumed it would be the DS one upscaled, the 3DS one upscaled, the Wii and Wii U ones brought over, all on one nice cart. Plus Luigi. Then it turned out to just be U. Well, I look forward to playing it on my Wii U sometime soon instead. Gone from an instabuy I was hyped for to "fuck it, I'll just play last gen", which is likely to be my response to most of their Wii U ports, provided they do any more of them, though I think they've got just about the lot out by now. Also, meanwhile, in Australia

screenshot-2018-10-27-at-10-02-51.png

Heads up, there's a lot of new sales on the eShop. Lots of great games on sale.

Though the one thing I decided to buy is MechaNika, from the makers of Agatha Knife (and set in the same town, with the same graphics and gameplay but with a different plot). In this game, pre-teen genius Nika decides to make the world a better place by exterminating anything that's dumb or illogical.

header.jpg?t=1536831410

It's up for pre-order, and seeing as I loved Agatha Knife, seeing as MechaNika has had a positive reception on Steam and seeing as it's just €6, I decided to just go ahead and buy it.

I've been thinking of getting an Nintendo switch for jrpgs because of sonys new censorship policy but I want to now if the switch is any good and does anyone now where to get Nintendo eshop top up cards in New Zealand can't seem to find anything about them on the internet and was womdering if anyone knew any stores to get them from.

9 hours ago, fenrir54565 said:

I've been thinking of getting an Nintendo switch for jrpgs because of sonys new censorship policy but I want to now if the switch is any good and does anyone now where to get Nintendo eshop top up cards in New Zealand can't seem to find anything about them on the internet and was womdering if anyone knew any stores to get them from.

Don't know how much Nintendo censors/blocks these days but I do know that South Park got on there with the same vulgarities that it had on the "mature" consoles :D

Spoiler

hqv5WPE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I'm pretty pleased with my Switch so far, I haven't heard many (if any) in this thread who've come to regret their purchase. Especially if you keep on a PS4 for the big graphics games and if you don't care for trophies too much, Switch seems like a purchase without any cons.

I don't know where to get eShop cards in NZ but they're readily available here in Holland in all physical game shops, but you can also add to your balance by using a credit card or online banking.

15 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Don't know how much Nintendo censors/blocks these days but I do know that South Park got on there with the same vulgarities that it had on the "mature" consoles :D

Reveal hidden contents

hqv5WPE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I'm pretty pleased with my Switch so far, I haven't heard many (if any) in this thread who've come to regret their purchase. Especially if you keep on a PS4 for the big graphics games and if you don't care for trophies too much, Switch seems like a purchase without any cons.

I don't know where to get eShop cards in NZ but they're readily available here in Holland in all physical game shops, but you can also add to your balance by using a credit card or online banking.

Nekopara actually released for the switch, ps4 is still mia. Xenoblade 2 wasn't censored at all.

Censored comparisons between the ps4 and switch versions of a VN

PS4

7b12605e.jpg

Switch

DqVNb7TU0AAP-Gh.jpg:large

Edited by SnowxSakura

16 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Nekopara actually released for the switch, ps4 is still mia. Xenoblade 2 wasn't censored at all.

Censored comparisons between the ps4 and switch versions of a VN

Reveal hidden contents

PS4

7b12605e.jpg

Switch

DqVNb7TU0AAP-Gh.jpg:large

... The fuck? Is that the recent censoring that went on?

I'm into other types of game so I haven't kept up with the news but as far as I heard, it was just about aging up some underage girls.

But yeah, Nintendo has been pretty lenient with stuff that goes on the Switch these days :) their first party games are still fun for all the family, but for third party devs, anything goes it seems. Which means it's the best for both worlds (scared parents just have to install the parental app on their phone and they can have anything indecent filtered out).

3 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

... The fuck? Is that the recent censoring that went on?

I'm into other types of game so I haven't kept up with the news but as far as I heard, it was just about aging up some underage girls.

But yeah, Nintendo has been pretty lenient with stuff that goes on the Switch these days :) their first party games are still fun for all the family, but for third party devs, anything goes it seems. Which means it's the best for both worlds (scared parents just have to install the parental app on their phone and they can have anything indecent filtered out).

Yep. Every game like that is getting that treatment now on ps4

12 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yep. Every game like that is getting that treatment now on ps4

Interesting... I wonder if that will be enough to get the anti-censorship folks to leave their precious trophies behind?

Also, if this is a real Sony policy (I haven't read about it yet), I wonder if it will affect multiplatform games? If it does, I wonder if the developers will just censor on all platforms for simplicity's sake.

4 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Interesting... I wonder if that will be enough to get the anti-censorship folks to leave their precious trophies behind?

Also, if this is a real Sony policy (I haven't read about it yet), I wonder if it will affect multiplatform games? If it does, I wonder if the developers will just censor on all platforms for simplicity's sake.

I guess it would depend on the developer 

Interestingly enough I'm looking to sell my Switch. I picked it up at random and while I've gotten some fun out of it in the early going lately I don't have a lot of love for it. My hope was to play the Nintendo favorites (Mario, Zelda, Metriod, etc) and then transition into playing a solid number of JRPG's and potentially a Pokemon title. But I have yet to see anything great yet since playing the favorites like Odyessy and BOTW. Octopath didn't interest me and while I love Final Fantasy, XII is one of my least favorites. XenoBlade is pretty good and the Lost Child takes some time but has it's moments as well.

But now with talk of a new Switch coming out, I'm thinking, sell mine now and wait until the new one comes out (along with more new, not repurposed games). 

1 minute ago, OneSkillPoint said:

Interestingly enough I'm looking to sell my Switch. I picked it up at random and while I've gotten some fun out of it in the early going lately I don't have a lot of love for it. My hope was to play the Nintendo favorites (Mario, Zelda, Metriod, etc) and then transition into playing a solid number of JRPG's and potentially a Pokemon title. But I have yet to see anything great yet since playing the favorites like Odyessy and BOTW. Octopath didn't interest me and while I love Final Fantasy, XII is one of my least favorites. XenoBlade is pretty good and the Lost Child takes some time but has it's moments as well.

But now with talk of a new Switch coming out, I'm thinking, sell mine now and wait until the new one comes out (along with more new, not repurposed games). 

It's just a new model, it's going to still be the same games that are planned to come out

Smash themed Direct incoming on Wednesday!

If there turns out to be much for single player gaming, like a story mode and that challenge list for the GC version, then I'm probably game. Otherwise, not likely.

I'm also still indoubts about Pokémon Let's Go. Yes I'd enjoy Gen1 nostalgia, but I'm afraid the gameplay has been simplified too much for me to still enjoy it.

59 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

I'm also still indoubts about Pokémon Let's Go. Yes I'd enjoy Gen1 nostalgia, but I'm afraid the gameplay has been simplified too much for me to still enjoy it.

I'm not sure about Let's Go either, but I'm coming from a different angle. I've never gotten very far with the DS and 3DS entries I've tried. No nostalgia for me, and I'm not sure if the simplified gameplay would make me more likely to stick with it this time. I'm not sure if I can put a finger on the games never keep me engaged. I'd be looking at this game more as a new RPG and not as much as a Pokemon game.