Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

I have some info on the length of Snipperclips, if someone wants it.

WORLD

Main game for two papers. Playable with two players or as one player while Switch switching, but playing with two is advised because you'll have to do things at the same time ever so often.

It's three worlds with fifteen levels each. You start out with eight levels, a ninth unlocks after finishing five levels. After finishing that ninth level, five more levels unlock and the final level unlocks after finishing a total of ten levels (if I recall correctly). The last six levels that unlock are generally more difficult/intricate versions of stuff that came before. Stuff that comes back twice in each world is cutting a shape into a piece of paper as well as cutting shapes into each other so you fit into a figure yourself, but the other levels constantly change. There's owls that need eggs, fish that go into bowls, basketballs, bolts, flowers... Enough to keep things varied and to keep you constantly discussing what the best solution would be, because there's often several ways a problem could be solved.

PARTY

Same idea as the main game but for four papers (playable with at least two players while switching papers) and with less levels. There are 12 levels to start with, if you complete the main game then in this mode 9 "hard" levels get unlocked (I don't know if they unlock as well if you complete the main PARTY levels first, or if more unlocks after this as we haven't played PARTY yet).

BLITZ

Three Mini-games for two to four papers. Basketball, hockey and free-for-all "deathmatch". Played all a bit with the missus, we agreed that it's probably fun with four players.

All in all, I think it's a fun game. I got it in a joycon bundle so it only was €15 for me. I'd say it's worth the full price; it's a unique puzzle game and it's a lot of fun, I would still recommend this as a side game if more multiplayer stuff had been released already. If you mostly only play on your own, or if you're not that into puzzle games in general or the concept of this one specifically, you might wait on the eventual sale in a year or so (by then we'll also know if this game is getting additional levels through DLC or updates).

I guess I'm getting a copy of Has-Been Heroes, anyone else in that camp?

EB here (GameStop AU basically) is doing their best to get it out and if you trade in a hundred bucks worth of shit you get a free copy of the game on top of that, and I have way too many shitty games bought to plat but never played because I regained self respect that have been waiting for a good deal to finally come along.

Might end up with 200 bucks worth of shit though (there's a fair bit) so if I end up with 2 copies of the game, anyone else interested in it? Shoot me a message (if I do end up with 2 copies) and throw me the postage and it's yours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I guess I'm getting a copy of Has-Been Heroes, anyone else in that camp?

EB here (GameStop AU basically) is doing their best to get it out and if you trade in a hundred bucks worth of shit you get a free copy of the game on top of that, and I have way too many shitty games bought to plat but never played because I regained self respect that have been waiting for a good deal to finally come along.

Might end up with 200 bucks worth of shit though (there's a fair bit) so if I end up with 2 copies of the game, anyone else interested in it? Shoot me a message (if I do end up with 2 copies) and throw me the postage and it's yours.

That's a nice deal they're doing! Don't see the stores over here doing anything like that. I'm all for trading in, my Switch including everything didn't even cost me €150 directly, in the end.

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

All in all, I think it's a fun game. I got it in a joycon bundle so it only was €15 for me. I'd say it's worth the full price; it's a unique puzzle game and it's a lot of fun, I would still recommend this as a side game if more multiplayer stuff had been released already. If you mostly only play on your own, or if you're not that into puzzle games in general or the concept of this one specifically, you might wait on the eventual sale in a year or so (by then we'll also know if this game is getting additional levels through DLC or updates).

They don't have a Snipperclips bundle in the USA; did yours include a digital code for Snipperclips (not sure if it's a retail release in some places)? I tried the demo and enjoyed it, but I absolutely agree that it's meant to be played with others. Kudos to the developers for making it playable solo, but I'm guessing it's much more fun as a party game. It's not the kind of game I'd want on a cartridge though, "pick up and play" types of games are ones I always prefer to have digital so I don't have to pop out Zelda or something "more important", especially if the Switch is in docked mode. 

My only game right now is Zelda Breath of the Wild, and I spent between 30 minutes to an hour with it last night. I like what I've seen so far, but I think it's too early to say much about it. So far the game has shown off what the Switch can do more than the game itself, which is still impressive. I've only played in Handheld Mode so far, but I did hook up the dock so that I can try that mode tonight. 

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

They don't have a Snipperclips bundle in the USA; did yours include a digital code for Snipperclips (not sure if it's a retail release in some places)? I tried the demo and enjoyed it, but I absolutely agree that it's meant to be played with others. Kudos to the developers for making it playable solo, but I'm guessing it's much more fun as a party game. It's not the kind of game I'd want on a cartridge though, "pick up and play" types of games are ones I always prefer to have digital so I don't have to pop out Zelda or something "more important", especially if the Switch is in docked mode. 

Yeah it's a download code.

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

My only game right now is Zelda Breath of the Wild, and I spent between 30 minutes to an hour with it last night. I like what I've seen so far, but I think it's too early to say much about it. So far the game has shown off what the Switch can do more than the game itself, which is still impressive. I've only played in Handheld Mode so far, but I did hook up the dock so that I can try that mode tonight. 

An hour is not nearly enough for an explorarion game, give it a few more :)

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

An hour is not nearly enough for an explorarion game, give it a few more :)

Definitely, I was just mentioning that I had started the game... I don't have much in the way of impressions yet. I am getting a kick out of climbing trees to pick apples though, that's a nice touch. Also, my first death was swimming through a very shallow pond... that stamina meter is not to be ignored! :facepalm:

I left off for the night at the beginning of my first dungeon. 

Also, as you said earlier, how great is it to be able to go between TV and Handheld (and Tabletop) Modes? I didn't even try TV Mode yet but it was pretty cool to be able to take the game with me downstairs when I let the dog out (we have a fence, I didn't just leave my dog to his own devices like the guy in the Nintendo Switch trailer video :P ), all while still playing. Sure, I can do that with my Vita and 3DS, but they can't transition to playing on the TV, and Vita/PS4 Remote Play tends to get laggy and glitchy as I get too far away from my PS4 and wireless router. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

5 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Definitely, I was just mentioning that I had started the game...

I know, that was what I was commenting on... :)

I'm hoping the Tomorrow Corporation trilogy gets released soon and I hope that it's a decent price.

For those of you who have bought Bomberman: how is it, how's the story mode?

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm hoping the Tomorrow Corporation trilogy gets released soon and I hope that it's a decent price.

Ditto. 

I was wondering the same thing... from what I've seen Bomberman is a $20 game, not a $50 one. 

11 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Ditto. 

I was wondering the same thing... from what I've seen Bomberman is a $20 game, not a $50 one. 

FucKonami, right?

Dunno why I even expected them to do good :hmm:

Well, at least the game itself seems to be true to the Bomberman spirit. It's just overpriced, not bad. That means I'll just wait until it's fairly priced.

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

That's a nice deal they're doing! Don't see the stores over here doing anything like that. I'm all for trading in, my Switch including everything didn't even cost me €150 directly, in the end.

I normally don't trade and can't tell you how many games I regret trading over the years, but these were just crappy ones that I bought to plat that I never even bothered doing in the end so it's like "do I want an extra game thrown in or do I not want an extra game?"

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I normally don't trade and can't tell you how many games I regret trading over the years, but these were just crappy ones that I bought to plat that I never even bothered doing in the end so it's like "do I want an extra game thrown in or do I not want an extra game?"

I trade a lot, I figure games that have been out for a short while can be gotten back pretty cheaply if I ever want them again so I often trade games for other games, or trade them in at stores if they'll give a nice amount for it. I sold Link To The Past for €35 recently - needed the cash for Switch and I figured if someone was willing to pay that, if I ever wanted to play it again I should be able to get it back at less than that if I'm patient.

Only thing I regret trading in were my N64 games after my N64 died because I didn't know that a fair few of those would become very in demand, I coild have gotten much more for them.

18 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

FucKonami, right?

Dunno why I even expected them to do good :hmm:

Well, at least the game itself seems to be true to the Bomberman spirit. It's just overpriced, not bad. That means I'll just wait until it's fairly priced.

Well, recently they are making some pretty stupid moves, I'll agree with that. I certainly loved the Konami of the past though... I never got into the classic Castlevanias but I loved the GBA and DS series, and I also love Metal Gear Solid (all the way through Phantom Pain). After their baffling changes to Metal Gear post-Kojima, I expect Castlevania to also turn into something unrecognizable. I never got into the other Konami franchises. 

I know I've played a little of at least one of the classic Bomberman games, and it's not really my kind of game. I doubt it will ever drop to the price where it would be a smart purchase for me. At least it does look like a solid game for those interested though. 

I read somewhere that the Tomorrow Corporation trilogy was delayed one week. I'm not sure if that's just a rumor but if true, they'll come out with the next eShop update. On the other hand, the TC website has one of the creators saying "we should have an updated release date soon", which he posted 3 days ago. I'm trying to stay positive, but that doesn't sound too hopeful for a release this week. :( 

Anyway, the 3DS and Wii U update every Thursday in the USA as far as I can tell (maybe it's late Wednesday night, but I always found new games and deals when I checked the eShop after work on Thursday), so if the Switch is the same, it will update tomorrow. 

I really like the Switch hardware so far. It really does feel like a next generation system. Since I only have Zelda BotW right now, I'm eager to add to my library with other games. I'd like to have a fast-paced platformer on the system. I know Shovel Knight is available but I played the Vita version and found my limitations after a few hours. I'm just not skilled at that game, sadly. It's too bad because I really like the concept and the gameplay, and I think it feels like a Nintendo game so it would be perfect on Switch. I just know that buying it and playing it would quickly bring all that frustration back. 

Yeah, as much as I'm enjoying Zelda (and I am, literally my all time fav game now), I really wish/hope Nintendo are planning to release more games within the year other then the ones shown, you think they'll be any new announcements at E3?

The next game I'm probably gonna get is MK8D like a month away and maybe Bomberman R if it drops in price and also maybe Lego City Undercover even though I already have it on Wii U, playing handheld will maybe make me actually finish the game

21 minutes ago, blazeaire said:

Yeah, as much as I'm enjoying Zelda (and I am, literally my all time fav game now), I really wish/hope Nintendo are planning to release more games within the year other then the ones shown, you think they'll be any new announcements at E3?

The next game I'm probably gonna get is MK8D like a month away and maybe Bomberman R if it drops in price and also maybe Lego City Undercover even though I already have it on Wii U, playing handheld will maybe make me actually finish the game

I don't think I would be able to handle anymore games at the moment.  I had to stop playing Zelda last night/today just to get some time in with Horizon on my PS4.  Normally I wouldn't care but I did pay full price on day one so I should play it some right?  Also, holy hell does the Dual Shock 4 feel gigantic after playing switch for 4 days straight.  So weird.

That being said, I am going to pick up Fast RMX on Friday and either Bomberman or Shovel Knight.  I am loving Zelda to death but would like to check out some other stuff on the Switch.  I'm also thinking about importing I am Setsuna so I can have the physical copy.  I have it on PS4 and I adore it.  

42 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I don't think I would be able to handle anymore games at the moment.  I had to stop playing Zelda last night/today just to get some time in with Horizon on my PS4.  Normally I wouldn't care but I did pay full price on day one so I should play it some right?  Also, holy hell does the Dual Shock 4 feel gigantic after playing switch for 4 days straight.  So weird.

That being said, I am going to pick up Fast RMX on Friday and either Bomberman or Shovel Knight.  I am loving Zelda to death but would like to check out some other stuff on the Switch.  I'm also thinking about importing I am Setsuna so I can have the physical copy.  I have it on PS4 and I adore it.  

Haha yeah same I even got the deluxe edition, honestly everytime I try to play Horizon I just keep thinking how much more fun Zelda is lmao even though Horizon obviously has better graphics and better performance, I can already feel it's gameplay already starting getting a bit dull since you're basically limited to bow, melee, bombs and traps, half of which I don't even use and besides the machine enemies, nothing else in the world is particularly interesting to me :hmm:

I'll get Bomberman when the retail price is lower then the eshop price, it's not a nintendo first party game so it should actually drop in price hopefully :lol:

Just now, blazeaire said:

Haha yeah same I even got the deluxe edition, honestly everytime I try to play Horizon I just keep thinking how much more fun Zelda is lmao even though Horizon obviously has better graphics and better performance, I can already feel it's gameplay already starting getting a bit dull since you're basically limited to bow, melee, bombs and traps, half of which I don't even use and besides the machine enemies, nothing else in the world is particularly interesting to me :hmm:

I'll get Bomberman when the retail price is lower then the eshop price, it's not a nintendo first party game so it should actually drop in price hopefully :lol:

I'm playing Horizon right now and I keep trying to climb every mountain but can't.  I also keep thinking I could just jump off anything and paraglide down safely but I can't do that either.:facepalm:

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

The battery of my pro controller is low now fpr the first time. The last time I had it wired to the dock was either Saturday or Sunday, I've been gaming ever since. Awesome.

Sweet, so it has battery life roughly comparable to the Wii U Pro Controller or the Dual Shock 3. I'll have to hunt one down. 

I haven't tried playing my Switch during my train commute yet, but it should work pretty well. Each seat has a cup holder thingy that I've seen people use to hold up tablets for easy viewing, so that should pair well with using the Joy-cons unattached (or the Pro controller). Depending on where you sit there isn't always elbow room to swing a controller around though. :)

On 9.3.2017 at 1:19 AM, blazeaire said:

I bet they'll have something new to show there, and probably won't be long until we get a new Nintendo Direct with some surprises either :3 I'm excited!

On 7.3.2017 at 8:23 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Well... like I probably mentioned somewhere, it's pretty hard, I can't even clear the first part on the easiest level x3 But I like the gameplay, it's basically just a bunch of levels, almost like a puzzle, you have to clear. Most are "kill all enemies on the map" but for others you have to step on switches around the stage and the enemies keep respawning (I tend to have most trouble with those) And I'm not sure how to get more coins (to keep playing after dying), maybe I have to actually clear a world first?

It's not a bad game but it does feel a bit overpriced for what it is, kinda wish I had waited for a sale now but I wanted something else than just BotW at launch (this was also before I knew VOEZ would be available) and that seemed like the most interesting retail one

Edited by Zanreo

In my mind the Switch is still primarily a portable system. I just realized that I still haven't tried out TV Mode yet! I did make sure the dock was displaying an image on my TV, but I didn't actually try a game in that mode. Anyway, I'm loving the Handheld and Tabletop modes. I thought Blaster Master Zero looked cool enough for a purchase, but I haven't played it yet. But at least I have more than one game now. :)

I just got the Hori playstand today and wow it's really good, non withstanding the fact you can charge with it too, waay more stable then the kickstand with adjustable angles and can even rest on my lap or stomach laying in bed playing, highly recommended if you play off TV often

61Ly9jIq-cL._SX425_.jpg

• Like 1

I'm playing more and more in handheld mode, started out at only docked mode for the first few days but I took it with me on the tram when I went to the cinema a few days ago just for the hell of it. Been using it in the evening for an hour or so in handheld ever since, yesterday I almost exclusively played in handheld mode.

9 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

In my mind the Switch is still primarily a portable system. I just realized that I still haven't tried out TV Mode yet! I did make sure the dock was displaying an image on my TV, but I didn't actually try a game in that mode. Anyway, I'm loving the Handheld and Tabletop modes. I thought Blaster Master Zero looked cool enough for a purchase, but I haven't played it yet. But at least I have more than one game now. :)

Blaster Master Zero might be a fun game for me but I'm not paying that much for it.

1 minute ago, blazeaire said:

I just got the Hori playstand today and wow it's really good, non withstanding the fact you can charge with it too, waay more stable then the kickstand with adjustable angles and can even rest on my lap or stomach laying in bed playing, highly recommended if you play off TV often

Cool stuff, thanks for the recommendation. I might just buy it for when we go on holiday with others.