Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

It's not the big question to most Nintendo fans though, many people I talked to are glad they can play without the distraction of a trophy system and I've heard nobody who bought a Switch complain that there weren't any trophies.

Then let me be the Nintendo fan to complain x3 Well, not really "complain", it's not really a HUGE flaw but if there was one thing I'd add to it... it would be an achievement system of some kind. At least I'm assuming many games will have in-game achivement/completion lists like usual... just give me something to collect/complete from a list x3

Edited by Zanreo

17 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

Then let me be the Nintendo fan to complain x3 Well, it's not really a HUGE flaw but if there was one thing I'd add to it... it would be an achievement system of some kind. At least I'm assuming many games will have in-game achivement lists like usual

If there was one thing I'd add to it, it'd be a new Metroid Prime... I'd add more but Kart/Party/Smash/Mario are coming out anyway and F-Zero is less important than Metroid now because at least for F-Zero we have Fast RMX as a successor.

• Like 1

My initial impressions about Switch are extremely positive. The design of the console is nice. It looks stylish with matte black finish / shiny black logos and the contrasting bright colors of the controllers. The controllers are easy to detach and attach (well, long fingernails make pressing the small unlock triggers slightly difficult) as they slide into their spot with ease. Both the console and default controller (Joy-Cons + grip) are comfy to hold. The console is slightly heavy compared to 3DS and Vita, but hopefully not too tiring to hold for longer periods of time. The tv dock is surprisingly small and works great. Game card was easier to insert and remove than on Vita. 

Husband played Zelda for a couple of hours last night and he didn't notice any issues with the controller signal in normal play so far (he was sitting at max 2 meters from the dock), he also says he didn't notice framerate drops. 

The Switch UI is definitely the best I've seen in any console I've had - clean, fast, intuitive and informative. Both me and husband get lost in the PS4 UI. Would you think reading a notification or installing an update would start a game? Neither did we and now husband has games in his PSN trophy list he probably doesn't intend to play, ruining his completion rate. 

Switch eShop interface has nice touches like coloration based on the game you're viewing (Waku Waku 7 had lime green/purple info page and KOF '98 had brown shades). The retro style illustrations they've added to the News section give a nice flavor. Which reminds me I haven't tasted a game card yet...

Now I'm waiting for Nintendo to release home menu themes for Switch. I'd love a Splatoon theme for Switch too (have one for Nintendo 3DS).

I wouldn't mind getting a trophy system to encourage me to complete more games, but it is not a necessity.

• Like 1

There's a movie on the Switch now, an extended look at some of the indies coming out on Switch,dubbed "Nindies" (best name ever)

It includes (amongst other stuff) a first look at SteamWorld Dig 2, a look at Yooka-Laylee (looks to be great!), Overcooked, GoNNER, Runner3, and much more.

7 hours ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Switch already appearing on ebay for insane prices.

Thanks Nintendo. Understocking and helping those scalpers out. Also where is my second shipment of NES classics I was promised in January? Nintendo needs to SERIOUSLY STOP UNDERSTOCKING to create artificial demand.

What? That happens with every single console release these days. It happened with the PS3, 360, Wii, PS4, Xbone, Wii U and now the Switch as well. From everything I've seen, Nintendo actually had a damn good launch this time around, my GameStop had units to sell to people who didn't pre-order and so did many other stores in the area. I've heard the same from people across the country as well. 

Understocking is definitely something Nintendo has done in the past and it is pretty shitty, but that isn't what is happening here so there is no need to complain about it in a Switch thread.

Parker 

• Like 1

My Switch is arriving on Monday along with Zelda. Unsure about getting a Pro Controller as need to see how much I get along with the Joy Cons and the Joy Con Grip. If not working out for me, I will order a Pro Controller and they seem to be in stock in most places. 

I have also paid for Snipperclips download code so will have that to play with girlfriend on co-op. Watched a review for Zelda and man oh man, I am hyped. Will post back in here once I have had a play with my Switch. *snap* 

Woohoo! Walmart emailed my ship notice, it's supposed to arrive on Tuesday. My body is ready, I'm excited!

I already have my case and Zelda (standard version), so I'm ready to go come Tuesday.

Nintendo definitely handled the Switch launch better than the NES Classic. I also read that Sunday morning, Toys R Us will have more in stock. So at least there are some options for latecomers like me.

Last night I played a bit of Super Mario Galaxy on my Wii U (in Wii mode) and some Box Box Boy on my 3DS  to get me in the "Nintendo zone". ?

Speaking of Box Box Boy, I do hope Nintendo is smart enough to port a lot of the 3DS and Wii U indie and eStore exclusives and not just the full retail games. There are a lot of great digital games on those 2 systems that would help fill out the Switch eStore. Even better, I'd love to get some sequels, like a new Pushmo for example. But SteamWorld Dig 2 is already great news.:yay:

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Woohoo! Walmart emailed my ship notice, it's supposed to arrive on Tuesday. My body is ready, I'm excited!

I already have my case and Zelda (standard version), so I'm ready to go come Tuesday.

Nintendo definitely handled the Switch launch better than the NES Classic. I also read that Sunday morning, Toys R Us will have more in stock. So at least there are some options for latecomers like me.

Congrats, welcome to the club!

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Last night I played a bit of Super Mario Galaxy on my Wii U (in Wii mode) and some Box Box Boy on my 3DS  to get me in the "Nintendo zone". ?

Speaking of Box Box Boy, I do hope Nintendo is smart enough to port a lot of the 3DS and Wii U indie and eStore exclusives and not just the full retail games. There are a lot of great digital games on those 2 systems that would help fill out the Switch eStore. Even better, I'd love to get some sequels, like a new Pushmo for example. But Steamdig World 2 is already great news.:yay:

Fast RMX is out - a half-sequel, half-remaster to Fast Racing Neo on the Wii U.

Three Tomorrow Corporation games are almost out - one console exclusive to Wii, the other two console exclusive to Wii U.

RUNNER3, a sequel in a franchise that started on the Wii.

... Off the top of my head :)

Okay, two days with the Switch and a lot of hours in all my three games.

I think the Switch is near perfect, but one thing is really bugging me - that save files aren't kept separately from game data and that I can't seem to choose myself where I want my game data. I bought a 128GB microSD card damn it, I want the games on the SD card and only the save data on the Switch!

6 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK

Immediately checked, yeah it's there!

12 hours ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Switch already appearing on ebay for insane prices.

Thanks Nintendo. Understocking and helping those scalpers out. Also where is my second shipment of NES classics I was promised in January? Nintendo needs to SERIOUSLY STOP UNDERSTOCKING to create artificial demand.

That's why I put down 350 (what I thought the Switch would cost) right before the price announcement of the Switch. Had they sold out and left me without one, I would have never bought a Switch just to spite them and their bullshit.

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

There's a movie on the Switch now, an extended look at some of the indies coming out on Switch,dubbed "Nindies" (best name ever)

It includes (amongst other stuff) a first look at SteamWorld Dig 2, a look at Yooka-Laylee (looks to be great!), Overcooked, GoNNER, Runner3, and much more.

Shakedown Hawaii my dude!

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

What is wrong with people? There's a switch on ebay right now that someone cut a tri-force through the screen effectively destroying the system and it's bid up to 10,900 dollars now

Link (hehe) please.

24 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

That's why I put down 350 (what I thought the Switch would cost) right before the price announcement of the Switch. Had they sold out and left me without one, I would have never bought a Switch just to spite them and their bullshit.

Shakedown Hawaii my dude!

Link (hehe) please.

Here you go, it's up to 11k now http://www.ebay.com/itm/152458871456?redirect=mobile

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Fast RMX is out - a half-sequel, half-remaster to Fast Racing Neo on the Wii U.

Three Tomorrow Corporation games are almost out - one console exclusive to Wii, the other two console exclusive to Wii U.

RUNNER3, a sequel in a franchise that started on the Wii.

... Off the top of my head :)

I was thinking more of exclusives (RMX counts), but RUNNER3 and the Tomorrow Corporation games are good examples that Nintendo is on the right track. I know I'm going to get World of Goo ASAP. 

14 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Bandanas are for hippies, I wore them during my university days xD

I forgot to reply to this earlier, but come to think of it, Solid Snake was indeed a bit of a hippie in the beginning of MGS2... you know, being crazy and trying to stop nuclear proliferation and all. :)

And anyway, hippies are fine... but it certainly wouldn't kill them to take a bath/shower every once in a while, and comb the lint out of their beards/dreadlocks. :P

Back on topic, I'm wondering it it might be worth picking up an extra dock. I think Nintendo is/was selling them for $60 but not sure if that's the regular price. Anyway, I have my man cave in the basement with a computer monitor, and it might be worth having that as a secondary Switch TV "station". Hmm. 

4 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Back on topic, I'm wondering it it might be worth picking up an extra dock. I think Nintendo is/was selling them for $60 but not sure if that's the regular price. Anyway, I have my man cave in the basement with a computer monitor, and it might be worth having that as a secondary Switch TV "station". Hmm. 

Or you just take the dock from one television to another, and then you have money left for a new game... Or four amiibo (non-sale).

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

Finally got my switch and zelda, going to start setting it up after I put the screen protector on

Yay! Good luck and have fun! Yeah I've put on a screen protector as well, max hardness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Or you just take the dock from one television to another, and then you have money left for a new game... Or four amiibo (non-sale).

Yay! Good luck and have fun! Yeah I've put on a screen protector as well, max hardness.

Can't be too careful with these things, how large is the day one system update?

53 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

But that's too much work! :P

Actually it may not be too much of a hassle... it's not clear from my quick research, but does the dock power adapter also plug into the Switch tablet directly? Is it just a standard USB-C cord? If so I can grab a second adapter (I actually don't have any USB-C devices and therefore no cables yet), and keep that connected to my downstairs monitor along with one of my many extra HDMI cables, and then just unplug the dock on the dock end whenever I want to move it. 

Amiibo are fairly cheap for me since I have Gamers Club Unlocked through Best Buy (I think it's USA only), which includes Amiibo and other "toys to life" figures in the video games category, so they're all 20% off the current price, whether initial price, sale, etc. It's a pretty sweet deal for a relatively cheap annual price. That said, I haven't gone out of my way to buy them. I had a Mario one (I think it was the Smash version), but my dog uncharacteristically chewed off his hat and the wife convinced me to trash it (it would still work, but it turned Mario into a hideous monster :) ). Currently I have Yarn Yoshi and Wolf Link, both of whom came with deluxe versions of the games they launched with. It seems like Wolf Link will work with BotW but I'm not sure what it does exactly.

Thankfully my "starter kit" includes a case for the tablet, both Joy-cons, and a screen protector.  

I just ran into a glitch in Fast RMX that hit me last night and then again today and it's quite annoying.

It goes like this. You're playing a GP like normal right, then you replay a level. And it replays again. And again. And again. And today it skipped a level.

So I'm playing a GP on the second difficulty, cruising along and whatnot, and I completed the second race and the third starts and it's the same as the second. Quit the menu and see it skipped over the second track entirely and after the first race it took me to the third map and then it played again as my third race, and the forth, thankfully I enjoyed the track, otherwise I'd have quit sooner. Anyway, is this happening to anyone else? Here's a screenshot I took last night too. Every GP has 3 races, the most points you can earn in a race is 12 by coming first, and here, I have 48 points, meaning I've come first in 4 races, despite there only being three in a GP. It's like ground hog day.

I'm only bothering to comment on it now, because there was one level driving me nuts, I kept getting close but couldn't quite get first and on the first time I did, the level looped and I had to quit and lose the progress.

17098327_718115481680134_738236560867524

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I just ran into a glitch in Fast RMX that hit me last night and then again today and it's quite annoying.

It goes like this. You're playing a GP like normal right, then you replay a level. And it replays again. And again. And again. And today it skipped a level.

So I'm playing a GP on the second difficulty, cruising along and whatnot, and I completed the second race and the third starts and it's the same as the second. Quit the menu and see it skipped over the second track entirely and after the first race it took me to the third map and then it played again as my third race, and the forth, thankfully I enjoyed the track, otherwise I'd have quit sooner. Anyway, is this happening to anyone else? Here's a screenshot I took last night too. Every GP has 3 races, the most points you can earn in a race is 12 by coming first, and here, I have 48 points, meaning I've come first in 4 races, despite there only being three in a GP. It's like ground hog day.

I'm only bothering to comment on it now, because there was one level driving me nuts, I kept getting close but couldn't quite get first and on the first time I did, the level looped and I had to quit and lose the progress.

17098327_718115481680134_738236560867524

Weird...

Started on the second difficulty myself yesterday, haven't seen any bugs yet.

You should tweet or otherwise inform the devs, they'd probably look at it.

Edited by BillyHorrible