Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

That Hello Kitty game had me when they showed the kitchen and baking. I hear the game should be totally microtransaction free and laid back with no FOMO-inducing events.

The Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth collection I was the most excited about.

The new Zelda seemed pretty interesting and that golden Switch Lite looked nice and sophisticated. I'm considering getting that one as I don't have my own Lite yet (husband has the Pokémon Sword/Shield Lite). I hope they'll release a matching case for the console though.

Dragon Quest III might go on my wishlist. Am I the only one who thought something about the visuals looked a bit odd? It's like the environments looked too polished and modern compared to the sprites to create a harmonious whole.

I was pretty sure Metroid Prime 4 was going to be a launch title for the next Nintendo hardware so was a bit surprised to see it featured in the Direct for Switch. Maybe Nintendo didn't want to let down any fans who may have bought a Switch for that title.

Overall a nice Direct but I don't like how it enticed me to invest into even more games when I have a big backlog already. 😒 I really need to catch up during my summer vacation.

• Like 4

Great Direct! 

The new Zelda game looked great, it was probably the highlight for me although there was so much cool stuff. It looks like LoZ is now a full-blown puzzle game and I'm all for it! 

I read lots of stuff about how great Fantasian was, back when it released for Apple Arcade. The Switch trailer (which was the first time I saw the game in action) gave me mixed feelings. Every few seconds of the trailer showed another reminder that yes, this started life as a mobile game. What I want to see for a port like this is for the game to be redesigned with a proper gaming system in mind, especially since it's likely to be $40-60 USD. I don't mean to sound like an anti-mobile snob, but I kept seeing things that showed the game was made with mobile limitations. That's fine for what it is, but if Square wants me to pay for a port, I expect those limitations to be removed through some actual development effort. My biggest concern is that the gameplay will feel like a mobile game, in which case I would start asking myself, why did I pay to play this on Switch? 

• Like 2

I bought Moonstone Island. It just launched on the Switch today. I'm really enjoying the game so far. Will try to update here now and then to write what I think.

I also thought it was a great Direct. So many games put on my wishlist. A couple of games I'd rather buy on PlayStation than the Switch, like the Danganronpa-like game, LEGO Horizon Adventures and Dragon Quest.

And I agree with @Eyjabria the character models don't really match with the environment quality. Not that I mind the graphics of the models, but it just seems...I don't know how to explain it exactly, only that I don't think I noticed the same difference with Octopath Traveler 2, so I'll just have to boot that up and compare. Anyone else played the other 2D HD games, like Live A Live?

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 7:18 PM, whodeygamer said:

Nintendo Direct Winners & Losers

WINNERS: JRPG fans, Zelda, Metroid fans, and… Funko Pops???

LOSERS: Link

33 minutes ago, squaresoft4ever7 said:

Link: Gee it sure is boring around here

Link right now:

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-link.gif

Zelda didn't want to wait another 100 years for him to return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Figured this would be the best place to ask, does anyone have any recommendations for new 3ds batteries?

I have the New 3DS XL model and the battery  it came with is swollen and won’t hold a charge anymore. I bought one off eBay but it was a knockoff and I think I’m going to return it. This one holds a charge but it drains the battery overnight while in standby, when 3ds standby should last a while right?

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

This one holds a charge but it drains the battery overnight while in standby, when 3ds standby should last a while right?

Can't answer the other bit on where to get a replacement other than maybe ask a local game shop, but it should last all day in standby. I would walk around with mine at college to get streetpassers for the mii minigames. I'd have it on standby from 10 AM until 10 PM on some days, no issues. It does drain the battery some, but not enough to kill it. And mine was an OG 3DS/battery.

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Can't answer the other bit on where to get a replacement other than maybe ask a local game shop, but it should last all day in standby. I would walk around with mine at college to get streetpassers for the mii minigames. I'd have it on standby from 10 AM until 10 PM on some days, no issues. It does drain the battery some, but not enough to kill it. And mine was an OG 3DS/battery.

Kicking myself for not stocking up on batteries from Nintendo before they stopped selling them, for that matter vita batteries too

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 10:28 AM, Alantor32 said:

Playing Paper Mario The Thousand Year Old Door on Switch. Much better improvement of the GameCube classic:)

I'm going to tackle the Pit of 100 Trials soon, I've already done a lot of the other optional stuff.

I'm also replaying Paper Mario on NSO. I'm in Chapter 5 right now. 

That Direct was impressive. While I know the games aren't released yet, it's pretty telling that Nintendo 7 years and counting into a platform is putting out better games than Sony. Because if we had a Wii U situation for Sony where the third-party wasn't very appealing and reliant on first-party games, PS5 would be struggling. 

Nintendo lives or dies by first-party games, the third-party games are a bonus.

Sony and Microsoft need first-party games but they don't tend to overshadow the third-party games. 

• Like 2

Moonstone Island Review - first impressions:

A small disclaimer: My cozy farming background is the OG Harvest Moons (I played a few when I was a kid), Cozy Grove and Wylde Flowers, both of which I've spent many dozens of hours on. 

Moonstone Island focuses on a character leaving home for the first time to complete their training as an alchemist. They're supposed to train for 1 year without the help of their parents. Sounds a bit familiar doesn't it?

I'm on Spring Day 20, and even though I've only scratched the surface of the game, I can safely say that this game is AMAZING!! It's an extremely versatile game that would appeal to every cozy game player. It has a quest line you can follow if you're more focused on completing objectives, whilst farming at your heart's content. You get farming equipment within a few days of playing. On the flip side, if you're not big on farming, there are plentiful resources where you can forage to heal yourself. You also have access to a spa to regenerate your health. 

"But what if I want to go adventuring", well then craft yourself a broom and fly to different islands. The coolest part about exploring is that your game/world is almost completely your own. Moonstone Island is a bit of a rogue-lite where the 100 islands that generate in the game uploads in different areas for each player. 

And like other cozy games, there are plenty of romance options for every player. You can flirt with them, give gifts and date. If you're more into decorating aspect of cozy games, then this game is awesome for that, too. So many items available to make yourself a nice big cozy house. You can adventure to craft some of the these interior items, buy them at the shop, or you can buy dlc packs. There are also updates from the developer. There's a free summer update that recently dropped for PC players; Switch players will be getting it later.

There's also a card-based battle system to level up the monsters you catch. I think you can forego this by taking food with you to give to the spirits, if that's not your jam. 

I haven't focused too much on any one aspect of the game because there are so many things to do. 1 day I focus on gardening, the next day I explore, and the day after I collect special stones to craft items. I definitely recommend the game. 

• Like 2