Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

15 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Tried the Princess Peach Showtime demo. Thought it was pretty fun. 

Just got done playing it myself, and honestly feel the opposite. It's the usual cute Nintendo style, and the presentation is nice. But there's just something dull about the gameplay. I know I'm not the target audience, but this just wasn't for me. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Tried the Princess Peach Showtime demo. Thought it was pretty fun. 

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Just got done playing it myself, and honestly feel the opposite. It's the usual cute Nintendo style, and the presentation is nice. But there's just something dull about the gameplay. I know I'm not the target audience, but this just wasn't for me. 

I thought the same @Viper  Cute, but dull gameplay

• Like 4

I tried the Peach Showtime demo too. It was alright, quite cute and charming world/characters. I enjoyed the magical girl transformation vibes but I don't know if it warrants a purchase. The sweets in the patissier level looked really nice and I'm a sucker for pretty much anything food/cooking related in games.

My Unicorn Overlord copy is being held hostage by a logistics strike that is apparently going on in Germany. Not that I would have played it right away anyway as I'm in the middle of playing Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I tried the Peach Showtime demo too. It was alright, quite cute and charming world/characters. I enjoyed the magical girl transformation vibes but I don't know if it warrants a purchase. The sweets in the patissier level looked really nice and I'm a sucker for pretty much anything food/cooking related in games.

My Unicorn Overlord copy is being held hostage by a logistics strike that is apparently going on in Germany. Not that I would have played it right away anyway as I'm in the middle of playing Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons.

That's a shame about Unicorn Overlord. I hope you get it without too much trouble. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:34 PM, Eyjabria said:

Reminder that Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley is out now on Switch and PC. Husbando is now playing it on PC. I scolded him for not being geared up appropriately as he's not wearing his Moomin socks and not sipping beverages from a Moomin mug. At least he goes to sleep in Moomin sheets in the evening and maybe dries his hands into a Moomin towel.

My family and I (we have two kids, age 6 and 9) have been going through the World Masterpiece Theater anime shows. Amazon Video has several of them with (actually good) English dubs. I don't mind subtitles (my wife less so) but I don't think the kids are ready for that, but sadly we're on the last one that I could find with an English dub.

Anyway, Moomin was adapted twice for that series, and then later on with more direct involvement from the author (apparently at least the first adaptation was not very faithful). I don't know the source material but the art is super cute.

For the WMT shows we've seen, the creative liberties all work in my opinion. They are really wholesome and entertaining, and perfect for kids under 10.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

My family and I (we have two kids, age 6 and 9) have been going through the World Masterpiece Theater anime shows. Amazon Video has several of them with (actually good) English dubs. I don't mind subtitles (my wife less so) but I don't think the kids are ready for that, but sadly we're on the last one that I could find with an English dub.

Anyway, Moomin was adapted twice for that series, and then later on with more direct involvement from the author (apparently at least the first adaptation was not very faithful). I don't know the source material but the art is super cute.

For the WMT shows we've seen, the creative liberties all work in my opinion. They are really wholesome and entertaining, and perfect for kids under 10.

Ah, to be honest, I didn't even know there was an older Moomin animation aside from the one made in the 90s that I've been watching. Must be because it stayed in Japan. I haven't read the books myself so I can't claim to be familiar with the source material, but the 90s Moomin series is very familiar to me and even today they still air the show regularly on TV here in Finland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin_(1990_TV_series)

EDIT: Just realized the series has been uploaded to YouTube by Moomin Official channel, if you have interest in seeing it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL0kUUHCSZA6VQjBcZ8TJ-tshEMyPsSt6

My husband and our former colleague said the Snufkin game was very nice, fun and relaxing piece of entertainment. Also someone on TV complimented the game just this morning, saying they had been playing it with their 3-year-old. Then their 7-year-old wanted to join the fun and the 10-year-old of the family wanted their own copy to play on their own Switch.

Edited by Eyjabria
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Ah, to be honest, I didn't even know there was an older Moomin animation aside from the one made in the 90s that I've been watching. Must be because it stayed in Japan. I haven't read the books myself so I can't claim to be familiar with the source material, but the 90s Moomin series is very familiar to me and even today they still air the show regularly on TV here in Finland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin_(1990_TV_series)

EDIT: Just realized the series has been uploaded to YouTube by Moomin Official channel, if you have interest in seeing it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL0kUUHCSZA6VQjBcZ8TJ-tshEMyPsSt6

My husband and our former colleague said the Snufkin game was very nice, fun and relaxing piece of entertainment. Also someone on TV complimented the game just this morning, saying they had been playing it with their 3-year-old. Then their 7-year-old wanted to join the fun and the 10-year-old of the family wanted their own copy to play on their own Switch.

Thanks for sharing the link. I didn't realize they were dubbed in English, so that's another show my kids can check out!

What a heartwarming story about gaming as a family, I love it.

• Like 1

Ok, I got my copy of Unicorn Overlord today. Apparently there was a very limited print of the game, out of stock everywhere and difficult to get a hold of. They said we got a copy because someone had cancelled their order. Maybe someone was impatient and didn't want to wait for it to arrive and got it digitally instead. For me the delay was no issue at all. 

To my surprise the game case included a code for some sort of Atlus x Vanillaware Heraldry Pack DLC, whatever that is.

• Like 3

Anyone bought and tried Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story? I was hoping for a demo, and I've read that it's not that good. It's pretty light on storytelling and heavy on quests, which I've read can be vague at times. 

I finally bought a Nintendo Switch a few days ago. I found a pre-owned one for a good $100 off via Amazon Warehouse, and it'll be here on Tuesday. My first game is Super Bomberman R and I'll be picking up Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sooner rather than later. Any suggestions for other games are welcome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

I finally bought a Nintendo Switch a few days ago. I found a pre-owned one for a good $100 off via Amazon Warehouse, and it'll be here on Tuesday. My first game is Super Bomberman R and I'll be picking up Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sooner rather than later. Any suggestions for other games are welcome.

Congrats. Can't go wrong with any of the Nintendo first party stuff really. Any Mario and Zelda game is worth it. Kirby and the Forgotten Land was also a lot of fun. Metroid Prime Remastered and Metroid Dread are must haves as well. 

Just be prepared though, if you're used to sales on PlayStation...you're not going to find the same level of deals for first party Switch games. Third party stuff gets good deals, but you're still going to find something like Breath of the Wild, a 7 year old game, for $40 on a good day. It's a great console, but the stuff you bought it for is where it becomes an investment. 

• Like 3

39a4ed8bd285da79551ca7f799c4ea50fd1b02dd.jpg

I recently 100% completed Piofiore: Episodio 1926 which is a sequel to Piofiore: Fated Memories. Took me 70 hours. I enjoyed the game so much that I went and bought physical copies of both Piofiore: Fated Memories and Episodio 1926 after finishing the digital versions.

The story is pretty good and continues from the events of the first game. The competing mafia families Falzone, Visconti and Lao-Shu are still in control of the city of Burlone, Italy. Political changes in the country however have made their future uncertain and they must join forces to fight a common enemy. The protagonist Lili plays a special role in the events as various parties' interests relate to her.

I love the visual presentation of the game and the Japanese voice acting is top notch. There's a good amount of action scenes and I especially liked the more gruesome parts with depictions of violence and murder. 

The characters are awesome, both the main characters and supporting cast. My favorite love interest was still Yang, favorite side character was the food-loving energetic Chinese girl Lan who knows how to wield a weapon. Nicola's and Orlok's routes were the best in terms of story/lore. Best otome game I've played so far.

30c64be7bb0b7a8bedffdc834eca635e4117c0ec.jpg82dbe39180ba37db147ae0b8bd0d4506049e7f46.jpg 

6884a5602df8e146d92afb50702af16d885f08d9.jpg5959051b9fa36412d786251eb5bb9a1ac6b23518.jpg4cc4ffb670cb42de7e01bb4fb8727cd026679aca.jpg

00104a586e54d0eae217252f7a630e49b421cefc.jpgc597b5c98fce9206802358d7f2fd9ed848d658f0.jpg

215a854b9e98f9ccf78a0d38f01890cf60cafea4.jpg 991e862bb21c8e452114192cc5d25958711e7fd7.jpg

Now that I'm done with both the games and there's no news of a new title in the series, I feel a bit melancholic. I'm going to miss all the characters and their fun interactions. Man, if that is not a sign of a good game, I don't know what is. I think my husband became a Piofiore fan too! He partially watched me play through both games and was inspired to start a new game in Rimworld where he created the Piofiore main characters and assigned them appropriate traits.

If they ever made a third game in the series, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

403609e483481df9dda25adb8362376e838a0ab7.jpg65802a5c7034fb358146aba31b9b406545589678.jpg

• Like 1

I've been trying to give a little more love to the Switch lately. 

I constantly find myself playing pokemon stadium 1/2, Super Mario Wonder, and Baten Kaitos.

I also begrudgingly started Super Mario RPG Remake without my cousin because it's been sitting on my shelf for a while and want to finish it before May 22nd for Paper Mario TYD. I can always replay it with him. It'll also make the playthrough smoother and faster that way too. Never a bad thing to save a little time. :) (We are still playing Paper Mario 64 when we are both free on the weekends)

I feel like if I don't play it before then, I won't play it until 2025. lol.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 4

Yeah I've been neglecting my Switch lately too. I really want to start on Metroid Prime Remastered, but I just keep putting it off to focus on what I'm playing on PlayStation. Trying to keep my current trophy streak going, so I tend to play what I'm playing to get a trophy, and just keep going. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3

I'm definitely guilty of neglecting the Switch, especially since I got back on the PlayStation. I started Eastward about a month ago and still only on like chapter 3 or something, and I've got Pokémon, Fae Farm and a couple of others started. Really need to give it some love and then maybe I'll stop wondering how the backlog got so big 😂.

• Like 2

I'm also neglecting my poor Switch. I took it off the dock to look at sales in bed one night a few weeks ago and have just left it on my side table. I was also trying to finally finish Pokemon Brilliant Diamond but it is the most boring pokemon game I have every played. It feels like every route has almost the same pokemon on it and it's the only pokemon game I've owned that I just cannot bring myself to finish, and I only have two gym badges left. I want to finish it one day.

• Like 2

I'm finally getting around to Brilliant Diamond. No one else is still playing it though so no new underground for me I guess RIP. 😭

Less than three hours in and I'm already enjoying it more than I was Tales of Arise. 😬 I won't lie and I'll admit... I fangirl screamed a few times when the Lake Verity and Trainer Battle theme played. Shit still hits. 😃

I missed this franchise so god damn much I'm sorry lol. Turtwig, Starly and Shinx so far. 😍

• Like 2

Recently, I bought Master Detective Archives Rain Code and it's a very unique game. Never played a game by Kazutaka Kodaka before although I'm very curious in the Dangan Ronpa serie now too.

Was planning to play Pokemon Scarlet again but it was very boring, might not get the DLC stuff at all. 

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 1

Started playing Dragon Quest I in tribute to Akira Toriyama last week. It's a pretty quick game, but been moving through it pretty slowly. I wish they had released the original trilogy in English on PS4, but Japanese only.

• Like 3