South Park: The Fractured But Whole delayed again

Fleck, while I was writing a news item on this SOMEONE quickly posted a few lines to post it before me... -.-

... Anyway, like I said in that now closed thread...

Personally, I'm glad. Stick Of Truth was one of those few games based on TV/movie media that was still good (and it's awesome, even) and I want Fractured Butthole to be even more amazing. I pre-ordered the collector's edition for the Coon statuette (and I bought the Mysterion statuette) but I also have Horizon Zero Dawn and the Switch planned for March, so having South Park delayed means I have some more breathing room. I already cancelled my Yooka-Laylee pre-order, I had too many games coming and that was the only non-Zelda one without extra's so I'll just buy it somewhere down the line. I actually don't mind if Horizon Zero Dawn gets delayed by a month as well ;)

I saw this way earlier this morning but because it linked to another article from 2015 I kinda just dismissed it as yahoo somehow having an old ass story in it's news feed again. 

Kinda pissed but again I want the game to work. It also means that I can focus on one of my backlog games next month instead.

6 hours ago, Masamune said:

Really? I was just thinking about pre-ordering that a few days ago too (guess I'll hold off for now). -_-

They should have a commercial like what was at the end of the Black Friday trilogy for this game. xD

Just watch their first trailer for the new game, from E3 2015...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DJROE95 said:

Personally really disappointed by the delay as I adored SoT and had this pre ordered since July of last year (the company took money upfront) so I've cancelled with them and will buy it once it's out, I can use that £40 for other games in the mean time :) 

With "the company", do you mean Ubisoft themselves or a game store?

Personally, I pre-order with a game store that just lets me pay at the day of release, though I could pay in advance if I want to. It's not why I pre-order with them, but it's a nice extra.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

With "the company", do you mean Ubisoft themselves or a game store?

Personally, I pre-order with a game store that just lets me pay at the day of release, though I could pay in advance if I want to. It's not why I pre-order with them, but it's a nice extra.

I used an online retailer called the game collection and if you use paypal they take the money when you order. The company is really good though and I'd still use them it's just I didn't want money tied up for over a year lol! 

I unfortunately don't have a game store near me when I'm at uni and the one back home charges £50 (ish) for new releases which is a bit much imo. 

Ah well, I have my refund and I'll just wait until a bit nearer release to see if I can pick up a good deal :) 

3 minutes ago, DJROE95 said:

I used an online retailer called the game collection and if you use paypal they take the money when you order. The company is really good though and I'd still use them it's just I didn't want money tied up for over a year lol! 

I unfortunately don't have a game store near me when I'm at uni and the one back home charges £50 (ish) for new releases which is a bit much imo. 

Ah well, I have my refund and I'll just wait until a bit nearer release to see if I can pick up a good deal :) 

Personally I just about never pre-order unless there's some extra's involved (like the Coon statuette for this one) or if there's a pre-order sale (the game store I frequent does this some time, like "trade in two games that we sell for at least €20 and receive a €40 discount on a pre-order", which is a neat way of getting rid of the games that are a bit older now). The only one without extra's I have pre-ordered at the moment is Zelda, and the first wave of that game has already been fully booked so that's why. I had pre-ordered (and pre-paid) Yooka-Laylee but I decided there were too many games I was already buying, so I cancelled it and put that money in my Switch deposit. Yooka-Laylee doesn't have any extra's so I can just as well buy it on release, or trade it with someone for one of my games afterwards.

Didn't Sony have a policy with digital preorders that if it gets delayed you're eligible for a refund?

Wishing I preordered, got the free copy of Stick of Truth you can't otherwise get on PS4, and then disconnected the PS4 the fuck off the net and got my refund.

Also, since it's South Park, I saw Book of Mormon the other day and it was swell.

2 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Didn't Sony have a policy with digital preorders that if it gets delayed you're eligible for a refund?

Wishing I preordered, got the free copy of Stick of Truth you can't otherwise get on PS4, and then disconnected the PS4 the fuck off the net and got my refund.

Also, since it's South Park, I saw Book of Mormon the other day and it was swell.

So many people trying to get the Stick Of Truth PS4 version for free these past few months without actually getting Fractured Butthole... This is why we can't have nice things.

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

So many people trying to get the Stick Of Truth PS4 version for free these past few months without actually getting Fractured Butthole... This is why we can't have nice things.

I have it on order, I had some survey points and whatnot to spare and JB were doing a good deal at the time. I just really want Stick of Truth BEFORE Fractured so I can replay it, not, you know, get given a new game and then the old one at the same time and be faced with choosing replaying or playing the new one and maybe coming back to the old one. If I could play Stick of Truth again in the lead up, I'd be even more hyped.

I get it though, giving out codes early would set yourself up to be screwed, I should know since I've done that thing more than once too.