Horizon: Zero Dawn's world map revealed

BlazingCat83

Has an actual size been leaked? That would be better. 

Guerilla doesnt disappoint with those environments; we get the topography triangle: snow, desert, and grassy terrain (like Just Cause 3).

Now, if they could just add some water physics.

I just hope it's densely populated. Preferably not in the style of a Ubisoft game, but something like The Witcher 3 would be nice. There's nothing worse than an open world game with a large empty map, or something that's full of mundane and repetitive tasks. Those sorts of open world games only hinder the experience.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

looks more like a sandbox game than open world. i have it on gamefly to see how it is.

What is the difference these days? Most OW games are sandbox: Mad Max, Just Cause 3, Gravity Rush series, The Witcher 3(?), Dying Light, Far Cry(?), etc are all sandboxes.

there is still a difference (plus i still use the original definitions) Witcher 3 would be the only Open world you listed the rest are Sandbox. never played Gravity rush so i cannot comment on that one.

Sandbox games you have access to the entire map from the get go (with usually just the final area "locked")

Open world there are parts of the world that are locked off until you acquire certain items to access them or reach a part of the story. you have to "open the world" which is where the original term "open world" came from.

• Like 1

Its nice to know all the terrains we will be encountering.xD 

But if theres not much to really do in them or just repetitive stuffs...will be just boring.

I remember seeing how big FFXV map was...sooo many times bigger than GTA V in comparison but once started playing...its just a lot of empty zones/spaces....:facepalm:

1 hour ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

there is still a difference (plus i still use the original definitions) Witcher 3 would be the only Open world you listed the rest are Sandbox. never played Gravity rush so i cannot comment on that one.

Sandbox games you have access to the entire map from the get go (with usually just the final area "locked")

Open world there are parts of the world that are locked off until you acquire certain items to access them or reach a part of the story. you have to "open the world" which is where the original term "open world" came from.

That's not all entirely correct...

• 2 weeks later...