Grand Trophy Hunting Olympics: Featuring the Elite of PSNP!

22 minutes ago, Couch said:

Agreed. Why not just get rid of prizes so she can compete. 

22 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I agree as well. I would much rather have Andrea compete than win a prize.

18 minutes ago, PhantomOfThorns said:

Though I hate to lose one of our Elites it is also important to note that Jem said Andrea also has the issue of not having the quantity of new games to play that don't cross with her old account (which again to reiterate is completely understandable, games are damn expensive).

Thanks for the support. I feel terrible taking away something I just promised to everyone participating in this event. I offered to lower the prizes, but Andrea was in all or nothing. I don't have $200 to just give away, but giving away nothing will make me feel pretty scummy.

1 hour ago, jem12345 said:

Thanks for the support. I feel terrible taking away something I just promised to everyone participating in this event. I offered to lower the prizes, but Andrea was in all or nothing. I don't have $200 to just give away, but giving away nothing will make me feel pretty scummy.

I never bothered with winning the prize money anyways. I just want to have fun doing what I do on a daily basis: earn trophies.

• Like 1

The prizes have been revised.

Prizes: Every person on the winning team will receive a $10 PSN card! The person with the highest personal score (not on the winning team) will also receive a $10 PSN card!

Thanks to everyone for their generous comments, but I just know that there's at least a few people who were looking forward to the prizes and just won't say anything. Besides, it feels good to give back to the community.

9 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

@jem12345 I was just thinking: can we be able to put the trophy cards under the names of each elites that we are going to be using for the competition? I only ask this because I don't know if the nicknames that everyone uses are the same as those of their psn names.

I'll try to figure out how to do that, but as you can see by my signature, I'm not even sure how to find my own trophy card since the update.

35 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

I think it's done by typing in the person's name on the home page for getting their trophy card, and then copy+paste the BB code:

GarciaFever.png

I'm trying to get the code, but I can't find it. All I can do is save the link. Am I missing something?

When you put the name to search for a user (while at the home page), it should give you the option to either view or update the user. Update the trophy card, and it should give you the option to get the trophy card, or go to their profile. Pick the first one, and it should display their trophy card info. Right click and copy the link that is listed under the BB Code, and paste it on here as a reply. It will come out as a normal link first, but once you reply, it will fix itself as to what I have posted above.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

When you put the name to search for a user (while at the home page), it should give you the option to either view or update the user. Update the trophy card, and it should give you the option to get the trophy card, or go to their profile. Pick the first one, and it should display their trophy card info. Right click and copy the link that is listed under the BB Code, and paste it on here as a reply. It will come out as a normal link first, but once you reply, it will fix itself as to what I have posted above.

Trophy cards have been added.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@jem12345 I was just thinking: can we be able to put the trophy cards under the names of each elites that we are going to be using for the competition? I only ask this because I don't know if the nicknames that everyone uses are the same as those of their psn names.

7 hours ago, jem12345 said:

I'll try to figure out how to do that, but as you can see by my signature, I'm not even sure how to find my own trophy card since the update.

Am I missing something here? What was the point of adding the trophy cards when the names already linked to the same place? Not complaining, it can't hurt to have them, just wondering if I'm missing the purpose as you guys seem to have spent a bit of time adding something that was already there.

1 hour ago, zajac9999 said:

Am I missing something here? What was the point of adding the trophy cards when the names already linked to the same place? Not complaining, it can't hurt to have them, just wondering if I'm missing the purpose as you guys seem to have spent a bit of time adding something that was already there.

There was really no reason to do it, but at the same time, there was no reason not to do it either. I mostly just wanted to find out how to get my trophy card.

5 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

So Jem has challenged me to a platinum off for the month of March. When I win I will have the opportunity to form an " Anti - Elite " team for his special olympics in May. Obviously by accepting this challenge I am only feeding his delusion and probably assisting in further unbalancing his fragile mental state but one must humour an Elite. I mean my PS4 running on idle for a month would probably net more platinums but hey sometimes you got to beat a man even when he is down.

So if you are sickened by the elitism of the elite, tired of the oppression from the bitter and twisted. Sad to watch once great hunters crippled by an ultra rare trophy desire and a completion rate fetish that suffocates a once vibrant profile then its time to stand up and join Team Anti Elite. There will be no expectation of a win, heck we might get smashed but just knowing you breaking into their little private club and pissing on the floor will be all the reward you need. 

So before you declare your allegiance to an Elite ask yourself what have they done for you .......... is it not time to stand up for the common person ............. You know the right decision.

GEEZ! I can't even announce my own challenge! The thread for this will be up within the next few days. You have until then to back out.

• Like 1

Well, unfortunately, Rach has also dropped out as an Elite due to personal reasons. What does this mean?

• The new rule now has no meaning, so I removed it.
  • Prinny is now officially last in the draft order.

More announcements to come, hopefully more positive.

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

I post before you today as a simple common hunter standing up against the great oppressive wave of 12 elites. I stand alone against the tide of great darkness, of uncontrolled power and future enslavement of the good people of PSNP. Today I make a plea for not just myself but for the greater good ..... for a better future, an inclusive future that respects you, whether you be a seasoned champion or a first time adventurer. 

In a few days the " elite " will begin a secretive drafting process to select their sacrificial trophy lambs. They will laugh in their private clubhouse as they decide who to give the nod and allow to rise to a pillar below them, earning trophies and points in their name, but always happy to dispose of them when needed. They will send private messages full of flowery words, false praise, and misleading promises of equality. They will offer the world, or so it will seem.

I will never do this. I have no power other than that of everyone of you and so I plead today. Look  past these false promises, see through the cloud of disgrace they wish to tarnish me with. Acknowledge the shackles they have placed on us common hunters. We may have to wait another month to draft a team, but we will rise together.

I will be waiting for you to join arms and unite against these purveyors of injustice. Will you wait for me ? 

That was fucking fantastic, take me off the bench Jem. This guy is an absolute inspiration to us all. 

I encourage all my fellow hunters to stand up and applaud this man, you sir are a hero to us all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I post before you today as a simple common hunter standing up against the great oppressive wave of 12 elites. I stand alone against the tide of great darkness, of uncontrolled power and future enslavement of the good people of PSNP. Today I make a plea for not just myself but for the greater good ..... for a better future, an inclusive future that respects you, whether you be a seasoned champion or a first time adventurer. 

In a few days the " elite " will begin a secretive drafting process to select their sacrificial trophy lambs. They will laugh in their private clubhouse as they decide who to give the nod and allow to rise to a pillar below them, earning trophies and points in their name, but always happy to dispose of them when needed. They will send private messages full of flowery words, false praise, and misleading promises of equality. They will offer the world, or so it will seem.

I will never do this. I have no power other than that of everyone of you and so I plead today. Look  past these false promises, see through the cloud of disgrace they wish to tarnish me with. Acknowledge the shackles they have placed on us common hunters. We may have to wait another month to draft a team, but we will rise together.

I will be waiting for you to join arms and unite against these purveyors of injustice. Will you wait for me ? 

Save your heroic speeches until after you actually win. If you think you're just going to waltz into this competition without any trouble, then you have another thing coming!

• Like 1

I would gladly follow you and Nogg into battle to fight the good fight if you would have me. 

images.jpg

• Like 2

I will not wait. I will not be swayed from my admin duties.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Are you sure you want to do that? Once cj loses, you won't be able to compete if you're not already on a team.

Jem you are a wonderful man and I have the utmost respect for you... but I believe in the self proclaimed "Anti-Elite" @cjshaitan. They say fortune favors the bold, and I boldly ask you to remove me from the bench my friend.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PhantomOfThorns said:

Jem you are a wonderful man and I have the utmost respect for you... but I believe in the self proclaimed "Anti-Elite" @cjshaitan. They say fortune favors the bold, and I boldly ask you to remove me from the bench my friend.

Fine, but when Triicky and/or TKKOT are proudly standing on my team, and you're standing by the sidelines with the rest of the foolish nonbelievers, don't blame me.

• Like 1