"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

Just a handful more stages, and I'll be able to finish Dokuro. Would've been a bit farther today, but I got stuck on a level. It wasn't particularly hard, I just couldn't time my jumps right with a swinging pendulum, while aiming the same pendulum onto an enemy.

Need to complete 12 levels to get back on track.

Update:

Games played through during event

Jurassic Park: The Depths (October 2014) - completed 06/05/2017

Game(s) working on right now

Mafia 2 (October 2013)

Fallout 4 (November 2015)

Read Dead Redemption (May 2016)

Games on card for longer than 12 months with at least one trophy

Murdered Soul Suspect (August 2014)

Beyond Two Souls (October 2013)

The Sims 3 Pets (June 2014)

Just Cause 2 (June 2015)

Final Fantasy 7 (December 2015)

Assassins Creed Black Flag (December 2013)

Deadpool (February 2016)

GTA Vice City (February 2016)

Assassins Creed 2 (December 2014)

DMC Devil May Cry (October 2013)

XMen Destiny (October 2013)

Mortal Kombat (November 2013)

God of War (November 2013)

GTA 5 (November 2013)

Interpol: The Trail of Dr Chaos (January 2014)

Fallout New Vegas (November 2014)

Fallout 3 (October 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Survivors (October 2014)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@BillyHorrible are you sure there are enought caves in Shadow of Mordor to count for Monthly Madness? So far I found one cave which was pretty small.

Are they more common in the second part of the game? I'm still in the first part.

The game is not overly filled with caves but there's at least two huge ones I can directly recall, both tied to story missions.

So I actually managed to force myself to play Destiny right near the end of the main story, got a couple more trophies too. Unfortunately, the next quest I have to do requires a minimum of 4 people so I've set up a gaming session. In the meantime I've been playing through Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I've only got a few trophies left for the platinum, then I'll start going through the DLC. I'd like to add Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 to my list, as I'm probably going to complete Most Wanted soon. Here's the update:

• Destiny: 1st Trophy (16/01/15), Latest (02/05/17)
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted [PS3]: 1st Trophy (04/08/13), Latest (04/05/17)

Adding:

• Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2:  1st Trophy (15/09/16), Latest (17/09/16)
Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 1

Well, I got the Platinum in Senran Kagura so that can definitely be moved to the Played Through list, and I also fired up three old games from my "started and never played again" backlog: Stealth Inc, Danganronpa 2, and Dead Nation. At this point it's more likely for me to play backlogged games on Vita, since I can just pick up and play, no hunting for discs, powering the console on, etc.

Anyway, please add these 3 games to my list. 

Also, I read the OP again, and I see that you're interested in playing Portal 2 MP, @BillyHorrible? I played it on PC but haven't touched the PS3 version, and the game is due for a replay... let me know if you're interested, and what you actually need help with (e.g. how far I'd need to progress before getting to the same point you are). 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 2

Got the 100% for one other game: Bomberman Ultra

Played only a few matches back in 2013 to get my retro Bomberman-fix and afterwards I more or less forgot it. As I wanted to stay in the Dirt Showdown-group after getting the required fan amount so the fan output would be as high as possible for the remaining players I needed a game which can be interrupted every two minutes or so and that's when I decided to play this once again. I looked up a trophy guide and realized that it could be done rather fast so I kept doing those matches while only doing the mandatory input in Dirt Showdown to enter the race and retire in an instant. xD

This is one of the games where I would say that it would be better if they don't have any trophies at all as there's not really much to do.

March: Golden Axe (First trophy 26th May 2013, goal: 100%), Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)
April: Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%), Modnation Racers Roadtrip (First trophy: 11th May 2013, Goal: Plat), flOw (First trophy: 16th December 2013, Goal: 100%), Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (First trophy: 16th April 2016, Goal: Plat)

May: Bomberman Ultra (First trophy: 27th April 2013, Goal 100%)

Oh and one request:
Could you remove all games that i put on the agenda for the event? I realized that once again my habit of procrastinating games I put on an agenda strikes through. -_- I already realize it in the Casual Backlog-event that I procrastinate the Gravity Rush 2-DLC, Megadimension, and Deponia (even though all are rather short) and instead I play Rayman Legends for PS4.  :facepalm:  And I'm afraid the same will happen to all the games in the agenda for this event, too.

• Like 1

I'm not going to be as active in the threads any more but don't you worry, I will keep updating the events I'm hosting B)

Everyone should be up to date now. As usual, feel free to yell if I made any mistakes.

Personal update: only played HZD after getting through the The Witcher III story, so no updates. Got the platinum in HZD now so I'm probably going to start on the DLC of The Witcher III.

On 6-5-2017 at 8:40 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

@BillyHorrible are you sure there are enought caves in Shadow of Mordor to count for Monthly Madness? So far I found one cave which was pretty small.

Are they more common in the second part of the game? I'm still in the first part.

Have you played far enouh to realise why I'm sure this game counts yet? B)

On 7-5-2017 at 7:22 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Platted my month's game: Dokuro! Put me down for Ayesha Plus next....when you have the time.

Congrats, have fun on your next game.

On 7-5-2017 at 8:40 PM, Hemiak said:

Kingdoms of Amalur is going well. So many side quests though. :o

Stuff like this is why I try not to make people write down all the games they want to play in advance.

On 8-5-2017 at 4:02 AM, LeetWolf2 said:

So I actually managed to force myself to play Destiny right near the end of the main story, got a couple more trophies too. Unfortunately, the next quest I have to do requires a minimum of 4 people so I've set up a gaming session. In the meantime I've been playing through Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I've only got a few trophies left for the platinum, then I'll start going through the DLC. I'd like to add Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 to my list, as I'm probably going to complete Most Wanted soon. Here's the update:

• Destiny: 1st Trophy (16/01/15), Latest (02/05/17)
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted [PS3]: 1st Trophy (04/08/13), Latest (04/05/17)

Adding:

• Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2:  1st Trophy (15/09/16), Latest (17/09/17)

Wow, your last H.A.W.X. trophy is a couple of months from now ;)

On 8-5-2017 at 8:42 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Well, I got the Platinum in Senran Kagura so that can definitely be moved to the Played Through list, and I also fired up three old games from my "started and never played again" backlog: Stealth Inc, Danganronpa 2, and Dead Nation. At this point it's more likely for me to play backlogged games on Vita, since I can just pick up and play, no hunting for discs, powering the console on, etc.

Anyway, please add these 3 games to my list. 

Also, I read the OP again, and I see that you're interested in playing Portal 2 MP, @BillyHorrible? I played it on PC but haven't touched the PS3 version, and the game is due for a replay... let me know if you're interested, and what you actually need help with (e.g. how far I'd need to progress before getting to the same point you are). 

Congrats on the latest platinum.

Yeah I'm still interested in doing the MP, tried to do it last year with someone on here but somehow we just could not connect. I have 100%ed the game on X360 but I have not done anything on PS3 yet so I'm right at the start.

On 9-5-2017 at 8:16 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Got the 100% for one other game: Bomberman Ultra

Played only a few matches back in 2013 to get my retro Bomberman-fix and afterwards I more or less forgot it. As I wanted to stay in the Dirt Showdown-group after getting the required fan amount so the fan output would be as high as possible for the remaining players I needed a game which can be interrupted every two minutes or so and that's when I decided to play this once again. I looked up a trophy guide and realized that it could be done rather fast so I kept doing those matches while only doing the mandatory input in Dirt Showdown to enter the race and retire in an instant. xD

This is one of the games where I would say that it would be better if they don't have any trophies at all as there's not really much to do.

March: Golden Axe (First trophy 26th May 2013, goal: 100%), Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)
April: Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%), Modnation Racers Roadtrip (First trophy: 11th May 2013, Goal: Plat), flOw (First trophy: 16th December 2013, Goal: 100%), Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (First trophy: 16th April 2016, Goal: Plat)

May: Bomberman Ultra (First trophy: 27th April 2013, Goal 100%)

Oh and one request:
Could you remove all games that i put on the agenda for the event? I realized that once again my habit of procrastinating games I put on an agenda strikes through. -_- I already realize it in the Casual Backlog-event that I procrastinate the Gravity Rush 2-DLC, Megadimension, and Deponia (even though all are rather short) and instead I play Rayman Legends for PS4.  :facepalm:  And I'm afraid the same will happen to all the games in the agenda for this event, too.

Congrats, and I deleted your planned list for you. Chill, this event does not care B)

Knowing how I can hit a wall without any effort if I feel like I have planned too much in advance, I'm taking pretty loose rules in here. Just play whatever you feel like, you'll find that I myself have zero "planned" games but I have just made a list of all the games that could count if I feel like going for them.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm not going to be as active in the threads any more but don't you worry, I will keep updating the events I'm hosting B)

Seeing the recent banter in one other event it's not really clear who you refer to. xD

20 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Congrats, and I deleted your planned list for you. Chill, this event does not care B)

Knowing how I can hit a wall without any effort if I feel like I have planned too much in advance, I'm taking pretty loose rules in here. Just play whatever you feel like, you'll find that I myself have zero "planned" games but I have just made a list of all the games that could count if I feel like going for them.

For me it's just some kind of blockade in the head. As soon as I put something on a list I feel the pressure to start or finish it, with the only result of me postponing the thing as long as possible. I somehow feel more comfortable with finishing an older game "by coincidence" than by finishing it on purpose. Heck, if I checked the list of potential games I never thought I would play flOw again as it was quite depressing without knowing what I had to do. But later on I really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Seeing the recent banter in one other event it's not really clear who you refer to. xD

This was not really meant to refer to Falion or anything, that's just a coincidence :)

9 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

For me it's just some kind of blockade in the head. As soon as I put something on a list I feel the pressure to start or finish it, with the only result of me postponing the thing as long as possible. I somehow feel more comfortable with finishing an older game "by coincidence" than by finishing it on purpose. Heck, if I checked the list of potential games I never thought I would play flOw again as it was quite depressing without knowing what I had to do. But later on I really enjoyed it.

Yeah I get that, it was how I felt with a couple of events in the past, like the "100% a bunch of PS+ games" one being the one where I said enough. I managed to do two games from my list before I got to the bigger ones which I just did not feel like playing at all. In the end I met the minimum requirement of finished games but not with the games that I initially put on my list.

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wow, your last H.A.W.X. trophy is a couple of months from now ;)

I can't believe I missed that, laughing so hard right now xD Fixed it though, was meant to be "/16". Or maybe I'm just that good :awesome:

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

So you're becoming a full-time Nintendo gamer and leaving PlayStation behind? :awesome:

I'm not all that active myself (my participation in forums tends to come and go in bursts), but I am enjoying what I do participate in. 

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah I'm still interested in doing the MP, tried to do it last year with someone on here but somehow we just could not connect. I have 100%ed the game on X360 but I have not done anything on PS3 yet so I'm right at the start.

Years ago I played on PC, and played through the MP campaign with a buddy on PS3. It worked seamlessly, and the only problems I recall are when we had to swap roles once or twice for a precision part that was too frustrating for him on a controller. It sounds like the PS3-PS3 MP is not as stable, sadly. Still, I'm up to give it a go if you are. Maybe we could set up a time to play for a bit and see how it goes from there? 

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

So you're becoming a full-time Nintendo gamer and leaving PlayStation behind? :awesome:

I'm not all that active myself (my participation in forums tends to come and go in bursts), but I am enjoying what I do participate in. 

Actually I'm doing more PS4 gaming than Switch gaming at the moment, trying to get my PS4 and eventual PS3 backlogs down.

Just have less time for the threads at the moment, decided that spending the bit of free time I have right now on gaming instead of talking about gaming.

Years ago I played on PC, and played through the MP campaign with a buddy on PS3. It worked seamlessly, and the only problems I recall are when we had to swap roles once or twice for a precision part that was too frustrating for him on a controller. It sounds like the PS3-PS3 MP is not as stable, sadly. Still, I'm up to give it a go if you are. Maybe we could set up a time to play for a bit and see how it goes from there? 

Sure thing!

Edited by BillyHorrible

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Actually I'm doing more PS4 gaming than Switch gaming at the moment, trying to get my PS4 and eventual PS3 backlogs down.

Actually I'm doing the same. Kingdom Hearts 1 has hooked its claws into me. I decided that 1.5+2.5 Remix was too good of a value on PS4 to pass up. Anyway, I bought 1.5 Remix on PS3 years ago and played the first game for an hour or so, which means this technically counts as working on my backlog, right (but not qualified for this event obviously)? That's how I'm justifying it to myself, anyway. So I guess you could say I'm mostly playing a "new" PS4 game collection that's technically a unified remaster of 2 separate PS3 game collections that consisted of remastered PS2 games. Yeah... 

Also, the game(s) have Disney characters in them, so I can pretend like I'm including my toddler daughter in my gaming! It's win-win! 

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Just have less time for the threads at the moment, decided that spending the bit of free time I have right now on gaming instead of talking about gaming.

Playing games instead of complaining talking about them? What are you, some kind of radical gaming zealot or something?!? :awesome:

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Hide contents

I'm right after killing the five warchiefs and helpin Ratbag get one.

I was in a cave with a Graug if you mean that.

There's a quite a few in the second half of the game, make sure you do the hunt missions first.

32 minutes ago, LeetWolf2 said:

There's a quite a few in the second half of the game, make sure you do the hunt missions first.

Which ones do you mean? Do you mean the bow, sword and dagger missions?

I want to finish everthing on the first map befor going on.

15 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Which ones do you mean? Do you mean the bow, sword and dagger missions?

I want to finish everthing on the first map befor going on.

No, in the second area of the game you will meet a character and they will give you missions for hunting creatures. They're yellow coloured icons on the map, like the main missions. BUT I do recommend doing everything before moving on, including collectibles as they all help you get stronger and have better abilities. If you don't know, you can exchange runes for mithril, as you will most likely pick up less powerful duplicates.

I only recently completed the game and goddamn do I miss it.

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Actually I'm doing the same. Kingdom Hearts 1 has hooked its claws into me. I decided that 1.5+2.5 Remix was too good of a value on PS4 to pass up. Anyway, I bought 1.5 Remix on PS3 years ago and played the first game for an hour or so, which means this technically counts as working on my backlog, right (but not qualified for this event obviously)? That's how I'm justifying it to myself, anyway. So I guess you could say I'm mostly playing a "new" PS4 game collection that's technically a unified remaster of 2 separate PS3 game collections that consisted of remastered PS2 games. Yeah... 

Also, the game(s) have Disney characters in them, so I can pretend like I'm including my toddler daughter in my gaming! It's win-win! 

Personally I'm trying to not play Mario Kart too much already so I'll still want to play it on the holidays, I'll probably get two or three Switch games just before leaving as well. On PS4, I've finally done the The Witcher III main game, and now after getting through Horizon Zero Dawn I have started on the DLC for The Witcher III. After that, who knows because I'm probably getting so many distractions that summer will be gone before I finish the second Witcher III DLC.

7 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Playing games instead of complaining talking about them? What are you, some kind of radical gaming zealot or something?!? :awesome:

Yeah, probably.

6 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

No, in the second area of the game you will meet a character and they will give you missions for hunting creatures. They're yellow coloured icons on the map, like the main missions. BUT I do recommend doing everything before moving on, including collectibles as they all help you get stronger and have better abilities. If you don't know, you can exchange runes for mithril, as you will most likely pick up less powerful duplicates.

I played through the game twice - once at launch, and once with the GOTY (I wanted to play the DLC and sadly the GOTY was not compatible with my regular game save). Might get back the GOTY at some point to 100% it. Really like it that we're getting a sequel, I hope it's even better than the first game (and I hope they can actually release the game in August, as is planned now).

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I played through the game twice - once at launch, and once with the GOTY (I wanted to play the DLC and sadly the GOTY was not compatible with my regular game save). Might get back the GOTY at some point to 100% it. Really like it that we're getting a sequel, I hope it's even better than the first game (and I hope they can actually release the game in August, as is planned now).

August!? Wow, that is really close. I haven't been keeping up with Shadow of War, I figured it'd be a November release like most AAA games are. I really can't wait for it.

Btw I'm adding Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to my list since I can't continue with Destiny, and I'm using my PS3 to grind out miles on Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I figured I'd properly start Deus Ex while I wait.

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:  1st Trophy (23/09/16), Latest (11/05/17)
Edited by LeetWolf2

Yo Billy,

Still working on the same games from last month-

I do want to add this one that I completed yesterday please: bc5f4887.png

(PS3/VITA) CounterSpy – First Trophy: April 24, 2015 (13/14 – 95%) – Goal: 100% - GOAL REACHED 

Thanks!

19 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

I'm still on the first map but I only need to do a few things there before I can move to the next map.

I try to remember doing the hunt missions first.

I didn't know I can exchange runes. I have su much I don't need so that's good to know.

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm still on the first map but I only need to do a few things there before I can move to the next map.

I try to remember doing the hunt missions first.

I didn't know I can exchange runes. I have su much I don't need so that's good to know.

I didn't figure it out until 3 missions before the end >.<