"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

I'm only making slow progress in Yu-Gi-Oh. I finished all the reverse duells up to the middle of the 5D's campaign.

5D's is the worst for me because I don't like the synchro monsters.

I still need to finish the other half of 5D's and the complete reverse duells of Zexal. After that there's the challenge duells which will take some time as well. Fortunately I already have my Gimmick Puppet deck ready. With this the challenge duells shouldn't be that hard.

Shift 2 can be removed from my "currently working on"-list. I gave it a few tries during the last few days but the AI makes me want to stop after a few races as they tend to crash into me and that's even more annoying than in the arcade-focused NfS.

Instead I will try to finish Hyperdevotion from KYC3 first and also do the online for Modnation Racers Roadtrip which will shut down by July 1st. 

@BillyHorrible I bought AC Black Flag. I don't know when I want to start it though.

Did you play the Avelin missions? They seem to be Playstation exclusive, so I couldn't play them on 360. That's at least some new content for me.

I nearly finished the 5D's campaign. Only 5 or 6 duells left. Some duells take forever. I hate the "Scrap-Iron Scarecrow" trap when your opponent uses it. It's good when you use it though :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@BillyHorrible I bought AC Black Flag. I don't know when I want to start it though.

Did you play the Avelin missions? They seem to be Playstation exclusive, so I couldn't play them on 360. That's at least some new content for me.

I played a bit back when I first got the game on PS4, don't really know why I stopped. Guess I should play those missions at some point.

21 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

It's just one mission and fairly short, but I still enjoyed it. It was a bit more substantial than the Liberation/III Connor tie-in mission I thought. I liked Aveline a lot and I'd love to see her pop up in a future AC game. Unlikely, but a man can dream. For that matter I'd like to see Connor again, which also has about a 1% chance of happening... 

I'd like to update my list for this event. I would like to add Rayman Origins (Vita version) and Shovel Knight to the Story Completion list. Both of them are eligible, and I have recently gotten back into them after writing them off as too hard back during my first playthroughs. I have earned a couple of recent trophies in both games and I'm enjoying them both again. In fact, I'm playing a little of them each week along with Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, and will likely jump into them fully once I finish that game. @BillyHorrible, thanks again for encouraging me to give Shovel Knight another try. As I posted in a thread in the game forum section, everything has clicked now and I'm loving the game again. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

An unexpected plat appeared:

Modnation Racers Roadtrip

Bought this game while on a trip for 10 EUR and it was fun to play for a few hours but overall it's a rather mediocre kart racer with a really horrible framerate and framedrops and a rubberband AI straight out of hell. Even the AI in games like NfS Most Wanted (2012) is not as bad as here (there you can win against a Koenigsegg with an Aston Martin Vanquish, yeah right). The only horrible thing is the online mode which requires you to get the luck that 10 different people download one mod (--> character), kart and track designed by you and you have to get about 1.000 cumulative downloads to reach a specific rank. Thanks to the help of some people (and my 5 alt accounts xD ) I was able to pull this off and earn this damn juicy ultra rare. :D

Fvc7XI3.png

Games played through during event
March: Golden Axe (First trophy 26th May 2013, goal: 100%), Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)
April: Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%), Modnation Racers Roadtrip (First trophy: 11th May 2013, Goal: Plat)

• Like 4

Unless I missed something, everyone is updated now as they should be.

I came from doing a lot in Black Flag so I'm taking it easy on the old games right now, having an intermission with the Uncharted trilogy and Full Throttle and then it's back to The Witcher III (I hope). Haven't really planned for anything beyond getting Witcher III done though I may just go ahead and finish a shorter game in between.

Finished the story of LEGO Marvel's Avengers yesterday (main story that is, there are a bunch of unplayed side levels left) and the missus is absolutely not a fan so I'll have to finish the game on my own, meaning it might hang around until July when it's actually eligible for this event.

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Finished the story of LEGO Marvel's Avengers yesterday (main story that is, there are a bunch of unplayed side levels left) and the missus is absolutely not a fan so I'll have to finish the game on my own, meaning it might hang around until July when it's actually eligible for this event.

It was fine for what it was, but I found that I had to force myself to finish that game (and all DLC too). After the brilliant first LEGO Marvel game that tied together the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc., I found a game that barely went outside the Marvel Cinematic Universe, to be disappointing. I also think the levels generally weren't as much fun. 

Also, since you're playing Full Throttle Remastered, I'm going to share my fondest memory of playing the original game: 

Spoiler

I just started the 4th and final campaign in Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus this morning. So I have to play through that campaign and the 5 "Girl's Heart" missions for the 5 girls on that team, and I'll be story complete. From there it's just a few trophies to clean up for the Platinum, so I will work towards that, but I will probably spend more time with other games like Rayman Origins or Shovel Knight. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Also, since you're playing Full Throttle Remastered, I'm going to share my fondest memory of playing the original game: 

Reveal hidden contents

*Ahem* behold, throphy number 6000 for me...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/6053-full-throttle-remastered/3-not-puttin-my-lips-on-that

Well, you can cross out Tomb Raider from my list. Some games make collectibles fun or at least useful. This isn't one of those games. Now to focus on Dead Space 2.

Also, I've been thinking about what else I should get around to completing and I have to say I'm tempted to take on the Uncharted 2 multiplayer trophies. I know it's really hard even with boosting partners but is it really that frustrating?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, amilbar15 said:

Well, you can cross out Tomb Raider from my list. Some games make collectibles fun or at least useful. This isn't one of those games. Now to focus on Dead Space 2.

Also, I've been thinking about what else I should get around to completing and I have to say I'm tempted to take on the Uncharted 2 multiplayer trophies. I know it's really hard even with boosting partners but is it really that frustrating?

Tomb Raider Underworld: yeah the collectables are just there for the sake of having collectables, like in Uncharted. I bought the TR trilogy last year and went through it with a collectable walkthrough, figuring I played through the lot both on the Wii and the X360 already anyway so it's not like I'm spoiling anything for myself. Got bored by it somewhere early on in Underworld, still have to finish it. Anyway congrats on the platinum, OP has been updated.

Uncharted 2: I barely pay attention to multiplayer as it is and guessing you have the DLC, which has a trophy for 2500 kills... I'd pass, myself. But then again I often don't even get the "complete MP tutorial" trophies in games because I just can't be bothered.

14 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

It was fine for what it was, but I found that I had to force myself to finish that game (and all DLC too). After the brilliant first LEGO Marvel game that tied together the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc., I found a game that barely went outside the Marvel Cinematic Universe, to be disappointing. I also think the levels generally weren't as much fun. 

I like Avengers much more than Super Heroes but I had the advantage that I didn't watch any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe-movies beforehand with the exception of Iron Man 1 (which I didn't really enjoy) so I didn't know how big the similarities to the movies were. The funny thing is that this game even game the incentive to finally watch the movies. So far we only watched the first Avengers only, though. It was fun to know what would happen next even if I didn't watch the movie before. xD

Still I prefer the game as it was more fun to me than the movie.

17 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

That's awesome. I still need to play Day of the Tentacle Remastered, but I may need to play Full Throttle first (I preordered them both) just for that trophy. :)

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I like Avengers much more than Super Heroes but I had the advantage that I didn't watch any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe-movies beforehand with the exception of Iron Man 1 (which I didn't really enjoy) so I didn't know how big the similarities to the movies were. The funny thing is that this game even game the incentive to finally watch the movies. So far we only watched the first Avengers only, though. It was fun to know what would happen next even if I didn't watch the movie before. xD

Still I prefer the game as it was more fun to me than the movie.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's still a good game. I like all the LEGO games and I've earned 100% completion in them all except Dimensions and Worlds (I got 100% completion in LEGO City Undercover on Wii U, so my only proof is a screenshot). But I found that Super Heroes did a better job of covering the bulk of the Marvel universe. And I'm not even a Marvel fan, I prefer DC (although I dislike the "dark as possible" tone that started with Batman Begins and is getting worse and worse with each new movie). I've seen all the MCU movies but I find them very hit and miss. They're fine for what they are and I like that they have a overall story thread going, but individually most of them aren't great movies. I'm looking forward to Guardians 2 more than any of the rest. 

Personally my favorite moment from Avengers was a dad joke in the begging of the Captain America 2: Winter Soldier level. You probably won't get it until you see Captain America 2 (one of the best movies in the MCU) and Captain America 3 (one of the most disappointing movies in the MCU) though. 

As for my own progress in this event, in Shovel Knight I beat Tinker Knight last night and Propeller Knight this morning, so it's on to the endgame. The Propeller Knight stage had some of the trickiest platforming yet, it took me a ton of tries to get through. 

5 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

And I'm not even a Marvel fan, I prefer DC (although I dislike the "dark as possible" tone that started with Batman Begins and is getting worse and worse with each new movie). I've seen all the MCU movies but I find them very hit and miss. They're fine for what they are and I like that they have a overall story thread going, but individually most of them aren't great movies. I'm looking forward to Guardians 2 more than any of the rest. 

I had a talk with my girlfriend about it after the movie and we had a similar conclusion. Overall Marvel does a really good job in having a overall story and everything just feels like it's one big universe (like they intended to do) but this may result in all the films to be just decent for someone or the next big thing. DC on the other side? They somehow miss an overall direction and I guess the biggest problem is that they had one big success with the Nolan-Batmans and afterwards they fully concentrated on this rather serious tone.

12 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Oh don't get me wrong, it's still a good game. I like all the LEGO games and I've earned 100% completion in them all except Dimensions and Worlds (I got 100% completion in LEGO City Undercover on Wii U, so my only proof is a screenshot).

My main dislike for Marvel Super Heroes was somehow the open world. Although it was the same as in Avengers it somehow wasn't really enjoyable to traverse through Manhattan in Super Heroes whereas in Avenger's I had more fun. Maybe it was due to the loading times for everything (played Super Heroes on PS3, but Avengers on PS4) that it wasn't that much fun to explore the city. Still Super Heroes had one of the most enjoyable actions to perform with the jump from the Helicarrier. ^_^

24 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I had a talk with my girlfriend about it after the movie and we had a similar conclusion. Overall Marvel does a really good job in having a overall story and everything just feels like it's one big universe (like they intended to do) but this may result in all the films to be just decent for someone or the next big thing. DC on the other side? They somehow miss an overall direction and I guess the biggest problem is that they had one big success with the Nolan-Batmans and afterwards they fully concentrated on this rather serious tone.

I wonder if there's a good comic-book movie thread here? Anyway, both DC and Marvel have their problems. DC is making everything too serious, and forgot that the material is based on comics (yes I know there are some dark-ish graphic novels but they still feel more "fun" than these movies). Marvel gets the tone right but is so focused on tying everything together that they don't take risks (e.g. you'd think with 14 released films, Marvel would have been the first to make a movie based on a female superhero, but DC is doing it first with Wonder Woman) and a lot of the movies just feel like checkmarks on a big list. I think the movies would have more "soul" if they didn't exist mostly to move the overall universe forward and were more focused on making great films that stand on their own. 

In terms of fun though, Marvel wins hands-down. I enjoyed Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (while I didn't like the 3rd movie much), but despite my love of Batman I'd rather watch a movie with some actual humor in it (and no, "so that's what it feels like" doesn't count). It doesn't have to always be as silly as Deadpool, but LIGHTEN UP, for crying out loud. 

39 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

My main dislike for Marvel Super Heroes was somehow the open world. Although it was the same as in Avengers it somehow wasn't really enjoyable to traverse through Manhattan in Super Heroes whereas in Avenger's I had more fun. Maybe it was due to the loading times for everything (played Super Heroes on PS3, but Avengers on PS4) that it wasn't that much fun to explore the city. Still Super Heroes had one of the most enjoyable actions to perform with the jump from the Helicarrier. ^_^

The flying controls were improved, so that was a big help. I don't remember the loading times being very different though. I liked Super Heroes enough that I played it to 100% completion on PS3 and then later on PS4 and it seemed like the graphics were the main difference. 

Well, I finished the story in Shovel Knight. What a great game, I'm really glad I gave it another chance. 

That being said, after finishing my Story Completion goal, I'm hungry for me. I'm going to see how far I can get towards the Platinum. I don't really want to change my goal for this event... this way it looks like I accomplished something in the (very likely) event that I give up in the journey towards the Platinum. 

In any case, I'm still splitting my time between Shovel Knight, Senran Kagura, and Rayman, although Rayman has gotten neglected lately. 

• Like 2

Just completed flOw on Vita. :dance: 

When I played the game back in 2013 I didn't really get the hang of it and I somehow didn't know what the goal was. I kept on jumping between the layers as I didn't knew the difference the red and blue portals. :facepalm:  A few days ago I decided to give the game another go and once you get the hang of the mechanics it's not too shabby of a game although I have to say that the "Zen"-experience of flower is much better.

Hardest trophy was the Cannibalism-trophy which requires you to only eat creatures without eating any other food. It already seems to be rather hard on the PS3 and PS4 seeing the rarity but on Vita it's even harder as you can't cheese the game by using one specific creature in an earlier level. I kept on playing the first level and I constantly prayed that the motion-controls won't lead me towards a food item I'm not allowed to eat. After today's fifth try or so it finally worked out. 

And seeing my current progress it seems like this is a fitting tune:

Spoiler

March: Golden Axe (First trophy 26th May 2013, goal: 100%), Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)
April: Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%), Modnation Racers Roadtrip (First trophy: 11th May 2013, Goal: Plat), flOw (First trophy: 16th December 2013, Goal: 100%)

On March 4, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Kevvik said:

I'll throw my name in here but who knows when I'll get back to these.

Game (last trophy date)

Shadow of the Colossus (20 Feb 16)

Silent Hill Book of Memories (28 Dec 15)

Rayman Origins (22 Nov 15)

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (10 Nov 15)

Toukiden The Age of Demons (10 Nov 15)

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale (31 Oct 15)

Soul Caliber V ( 25 Oct 15)

LittleBigPlanet (3 Oct 15)

Penny Arcade Adventures episode 1 (23 Dec 13)

Puppeteer (12 Nov 13)

Bioshock Infinite (14 Sep 13)

Batman Arkham City (3 Aug 13)

Scott Pilgrim vs The World (30 Jul 11)

Demon's Souls (11 Jun 11)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (16 Mar 11)

Mini Ninjas (14 Jun 10)

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (13 Mar 10)

Ghostbusters: The Video Game (19 Jul 09)

Plus some others that will be a year old by the time I get to them. Probably a couple others on my list but more likely to try these than them.  Also have some F's that went onto my profile back then without trophies.

Just want to go back and do some cleanup at some point. It would be nice to gets some plats done or even just finish some storylines. So many interesting games that keep coming out tend to derail me though.

Still haven't done any cleanup on this but I'll add a few titles to it.

Jak II (9 Apr 16)

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (23 Mar 16)

Lemmings Touch (22 Mar 16)

Grow Home (27 Feb 16)

Final Fantasy X HD (F - 2014)

Sleeping Dogs (F - 2013)

Duck Tales Remastered (F - 2013)

Hopefully get back to stuff soon.

Somehow I got motivated to tackle yet another backlog-game: Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force aka Full Frontal Assault.

It's a tower defense-like spin-off and so far my least favorable R&C-game. Even All 4 One was more fun than this. What held me off going for the plat was a trophy that requires you to beat any 3 of the 5 levels while undermatching a specific time. Doing them solo requires some preparations as they are quite tight. Last year I only managed to fufill the first level but thanks to a boosting session I had to prepare myself for the game so I get hold of the handling and I tried two of the easier levels and for each I managed to pass the time limit, earning me the gold for Over the Top. All that's left now is doing some grind by using the hover boots and the gliding ability for a given distance (which you can't really track :| ) and doing one online match against one other PSN-account.

So you can put that game into my currently working-list while I play Full Throttle at the same time (which I don't enjoy as much as DotT so far but the music is awesome).

Game(s) working on right now

Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (First trophy: 16th April 2016, Goal: Plat)

Just finished the game a few minutes ago. The gliding and boosting grind took about two hours, after that I just had to do the few online-related trophies (thank god it supports Cross-Play for online --> self-boost for the ranked match).

April: Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%), Modnation Racers Roadtrip (First trophy: 11th May 2013, Goal: Plat), flOw (First trophy: 16th December 2013, Goal: 100%), Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (First trophy: 16th April 2016, Goal: Plat)

That makes four games this month. Surprisingly I only finish those games that I didn't add to my list. Maybe I should clear that list so I will actually play those games. xD 

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

I want to give a small update regarding Yu-Gi-Oh.

I completed the whole campaign 100% which means winning every duell and its reverse duell. This got me one of the two remaining trophies and every challenge duell unlocked.

Now I have to finish them to get the last missing trophy. I don't know how long this will take or if I need to win the duells added by DLC to get the trophy. I hope not.

• Like 2

Update:

Mafia 2 (October 2013)

Fallout 4 (November 2015)

Games on card for longer than 12 months with at least one trophy

Murdered Soul Suspect (August 2014)
Beyond Two Souls (October 2013)
The Sims 3 Pets (June 2014)
Just Cause 2 (June 2015)
Final Fantasy 7 (December 2015)
Assassins Creed Black Flag (December 2013)
Deadpool (February 2016)
GTA Vice City (February 2016)
Assassins Creed 2 (December 2014)
DMC Devil May Cry (October 2013)
XMen Destiny (October 2013)
Mortal Kombat (November 2013)
God of War (November 2013)
GTA 5 (November 2013)
Interpol: The Trail of Dr Chaos (January 2014)

Fallout New Vegas (November 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Depths (October 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Survivors (October 2014)

On 4/21/2017 at 7:48 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

Well, I finished the story in Shovel Knight. What a great game, I'm really glad I gave it another chance. 

That being said, after finishing my Story Completion goal, I'm hungry for me. I'm going to see how far I can get towards the Platinum. I don't really want to change my goal for this event... this way it looks like I accomplished something in the (very likely) event that I give up in the journey towards the Platinum. 

In any case, I'm still splitting my time between Shovel Knight, Senran Kagura, and Rayman, although Rayman has gotten neglected lately. 

This was supposed to be "I'm hungry for more". I'm not sure what "I'm hungry for me" means but it sounds scary! :P

I'm still working on the same games. I have 2 levels in Shovel Knight where I'm missing Music Sheets, then I just need to beat a boss without getting damaged. Once that's done, I can move onto New Game+ and try for a no deaths, no checkpoints, no spending run, and then finally a speed run. I may abandon 100% completion if it gets too tough, but so far I have a good feeling about my Platinum chances. And then there are the 2 other campaigns (eventually 3) to look forward to. 

I'm on the last campaign in Senran Kagura, so I have 22 more missions to go for story completion, then grinding a bit for the Platinum. 

• Like 1

Update: please move Sly 2: Band of Thieves from "working on" list to "played though" - I plat'd it last Sunday.

I will put other game on my "working on" list only in May (I'm still deciding what game I will put in, and I will not work on Sly 3 or 4 for now...).

Thanks.

Everyone should be up to date again.

@xFalionx, moved you to the inactive pile, just give us a shout once you get the time to focus on games like this again.

Going to have to remember that if I ask people if they're still active, I have to check who replies :facepalm: ah well, we're still early on in the event and most of the people I quoted back then were in the KYC3 event anyway, I'll do another round next month or the month after that.

On 21-4-2017 at 1:48 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Congrats, and I don't think you'll be going for the platinum.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3514-shovel-knight/13-impossible

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3514-shovel-knight/15-perfect-platformer

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3514-shovel-knight/16-checkpointless

On 24-4-2017 at 8:31 AM, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Update:

Mafia 2 (October 2013)

Fallout 4 (November 2015)

Games on card for longer than 12 months with at least one trophy

Hide contents
Murdered Soul Suspect (August 2014)
Beyond Two Souls (October 2013)
The Sims 3 Pets (June 2014)
Just Cause 2 (June 2015)
Final Fantasy 7 (December 2015)
Assassins Creed Black Flag (December 2013)
Deadpool (February 2016)
GTA Vice City (February 2016)
Assassins Creed 2 (December 2014)
DMC Devil May Cry (October 2013)
XMen Destiny (October 2013)
Mortal Kombat (November 2013)
God of War (November 2013)
GTA 5 (November 2013)
Interpol: The Trail of Dr Chaos (January 2014)

Fallout New Vegas (November 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Depths (October 2014)

Jurassic Park: The Survivors (October 2014)

Too bad you gave up on Jurassic Park again, I liked that game. Something seems to be up with your spoiler list by the way, final games aren't inside, was like that in the earlier post as well. Feel free to take the list from the OP, I fixed it there.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Going to have to remember that if I ask people if they're still active, I have to check who replies :facepalm: ah well, we're still early on in the event and most of the people I quoted back then were in the KYC3 event anyway, I'll do another round next month or the month after that.

Congrats, and I don't think you'll be going for the platinum.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3514-shovel-knight/13-impossible

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3514-shovel-knight/15-perfect-platformer

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3514-shovel-knight/16-checkpointless

Too bad you gave up on Jurassic Park again, I liked that game. Something seems to be up with your spoiler list by the way, final games aren't inside, was like that in the earlier post as well. Feel free to take the list from the OP, I fixed it there.

Hey, have a little faith in me! :P Those 3 trophies shouldn't be too bad with smart use of the Phase Locket and Propeller Dagger, and with 100 mana I can use them pretty frequently. Anyway, I may give up once I get to some of the trickier platforming levels as I already said, but I want to at least make the attempt. I had to beat the Enchantress again to get the Music Sheets in that level, and I did much better the second time around (her first phase is definitely harder though). Thankfully Shovel Knight only saves in-level deaths when completing a level, so online savegame backup/restore isn't necessary for the Impossible trophy. 

I noticed the KYC3 event after it already started, and it looks like something I should do. I think I will join the next KYC event. Along the same lines, I'm actually working on a spreadsheet to compile my backlog for all consoles... be afraid, be very afraid. One thing I can say after looking through purchase/download lists to transfer over to the spreadsheet, is that PSN is easily the best of the lot. The Microsoft one is alright but it includes apps like Office, and it also doesn't include all purchases (at least not free Games with Gold). The PSN one is complete, if nothing else. It would be awesome to be able to filter DLC out, but I'll take it as it is. Nintendo doesn't seem to have a way to view purchases at all, besides looking in the eShop on each console. I'm still working on the digital stuff; I haven't even started looking at my disc games yet. :( Still, this is the best way for me to see the scope of the problem and set better completion goals. 

Jurassic Park is actually in my backlog but I never started it, so it doesn't qualify for this event.