"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

14 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

Btw I'm adding Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to my list since I can't continue with Destiny, and I'm using my PS3 to grind out miles on Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I figured I'd properly start Deus Ex while I wait.

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:  1st Trophy (23/09/16), Latest (11/05/17)

13 hours ago, xEl_Cidx said:

Yo Billy,

Still working on the same games from last month-

I do want to add this one that I completed yesterday please: bc5f4887.png

(PS3/VITA) CounterSpy – First Trophy: April 24, 2015 (13/14 – 95%) – Goal: 100% - GOAL REACHED 

Thanks!

busy.gif

... Kidding, I have some time to update the OP, which I just did for you. I know how much @MosesRockefeller likes it when I quote Barbossa though.

P.S. I went to Guardians Of The Galaxy V2 where I first saw a full trailer for the new Pirates film, and I caught a glimpse of Barbossa so yay! On the whole I think it will be a very funny Pirates movie, probably better than 2-3-4, though I must say that that slow motion shark bite looked very fake and cheesy.

Personal update: Started on the first The Witcher III DLC, did two of the missions (which take a good while to get through apparently). For now I am intrigued, though I find myself mostly just trying to get through it so I can get to the second DLC which should be a new map and more stuff to do instead of just a new story consisting of five missions.

14 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

August!? Wow, that is really close. I haven't been keeping up with Shadow of War, I figured it'd be a November release like most AAA games are. I really can't wait for it.

Yeah I was surprised as well though I figured it would get a late September, early October release like the last game and like the Assassin's Creed games usually do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Having played Kingdom Hearts II a lot and replaying Port Royal a zillion times, it's pretty interesting to see a meme with Barbarossa. ^_^

I'm still on the first KH (first time playing the series), and one of my minor disappointments is a lot of dialog being unvoiced (which is fairly common with JRPGs it seems). I hope Barbossa doesn't suffer that fate, or someone will have to walk the plank! 

Just now, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm still on the first KH (first time playing the series), and one of my minor disappointments is a lot of dialog being unvoiced (which is fairly common with JRPGs it seems). I hope Barbossa doesn't suffer that fate, or someone will have to walk the plank! 

Don't worry about it. Most of the cutscenes in KH2 are voiced, especially all of the scenes with Barbossa. ^_^

1 hour ago, MidnightCJ said:

Don't worry about it. Most of the cutscenes in KH2 are voiced, especially all of the scenes with Barbossa. ^_^

Nice! I know my 3-year-old daughter will get a kick out of seeing and hearing more of Goofy and Donald especially. She's not fully snared in the clutches of Disney yet (she hasn't seen any full-length movies for example), but Mickey, Goofy, and Donald are her pals for sure. :)

Of course I'm playing them in "recommended" order so I need to play Chain of Memories next, before 2. 

2 hours ago, Willstown said:

I'm still running flawless attempts in Destiny, came so close a couple of times to a solo flawless I've had to walk away and play something else between.  

Hey, I'm playing Destiny at the moment, if you're interested we could play Raids together.

@BillyHorrible I just checked the OP and you forgot to add Shadow of Mordor to the working on list for me. Maybe you want to fix that?

In regards of the completion I'm nearly done with the story, only three missions left. After that I have to do a bit of cleanup for the plat.

After that I want to tackle the DLC and 100% the game.

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@BillyHorrible I just checked the OP and you forgot to add Shadow of Mordor to the working on list for me. Maybe you want to fix that?

I don't want to fix that. I really, really don't.

... But yeqh, I'm doing an OP update somewhere in the next couple of days, I'll try to not forget you then ;)

On 2017-5-4 at 7:15 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah especially the second one is supposed to put main games of other franchises to shame in terms of content. Guess I'll find out soon enough...

Well...

^ what he said. If you want to join, then join B) knowing what you want to play next is permitted but not required. WORDS!

nice! thnx, sorry for late reply. working on my own house and had my birthday..

But I´ll join with a game I really need to play.. 

NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH

First Trophy 
3 years ago
16th Feb 2014
1:15:46 PM

please don't judge lol.  

Update: I completed PixelJunk Shooter. I will work on another backlog game probably only in June - I will use next following days to play some recently purchased games (Atelier Sophie and Naruto UNS4) and/or Lightning Returns.

Please remove "Sly 4" from my "on agenda list" - since I won't be able to complete "Spring Backlog Challenge 2017", I will postpone this game for a while... Unlike Sly 4, please keep Sly 3 on my "on agenda list" (probably I will play it as part of "A Casual Attack" on a Season III, or even can start it on June...)

I never signed up, but I have recently finished Minecraft, Need for Speed Rivals, and The Last of Us, all of which had a 2year+ completion time I am pretty sure. Currently got back into Black Ops 3 started a year ago with a friend but he moved away and doesn't play online. 

Everybody should be updated now, even @MarkusT1992 with Shadow Of Hodor.

On 15-5-2017 at 2:19 PM, vin_rob said:

First Trophy 
3 years ago
16th Feb 2014

please don't judge lol.  

21 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

I never signed up, but I have recently finished Minecraft, Need for Speed Rivals, and The Last of Us, all of which had a 2year+ completion time I am pretty sure. Currently got back into Black Ops 3 started a year ago with a friend but he moved away and doesn't play online. 

Welcome both!

@bruin-rocks unfortunately, you can't use games you've completed earlier this year for this event, only games you finish after joining count. So I've added you with Black Ops III.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Was thet intentional or just a typo? 1f914.png

It was hilarious either way. :)

The voice acting budget for that game would be really cheap, since they could just loop "Hodor" again and again... if Voice Actor's Guild (or whatever it's called) rules don't prohibit said usage. :P

On 5/15/2017 at 8:19 AM, vin_rob said:

First Trophy 
3 years ago
16th Feb 2014

please don't judge lol.  

This is a judgment-free zone. My first trophies for Star Trek and HDN Mk2 (which are both on agenda for this event) were in September 2013. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

On 5/15/2017 at 2:19 PM, vin_rob said:

First Trophy 
3 years ago
16th Feb 2014

please don't judge lol.  

No judgement here. I would love to have Ni No Kuni as my first trophy, instead I have Everybody's Golf.

I finished the story of Shadow of Mordor and only need two trophies for the plat. I still need to help an Ork become captain, then warchief to kill him afterwards and a level 25 rune.

For the first I'm too stupid apparently :P and the second one was bad luck. I got an epic rune instead a level 25 one.

After that I want to play the DLC so it's not over.

• Like 1

So I managed to get a good group together for Destiny and we ended up doing a bunch of raids and getting some of the rarest trophies in the game. Made a lot of progress on it, making my way through the 3rd DLC missions now. With NFS: Most Wanted I also managed to get a good group together and got a trophy out of the way that requires 6 players. Still got 3 DLCs left to do, which I'll resume if progress halts on Destiny again. Really enjoying Deus Ex, and really want to get back to it but I should complete the other 2 games first. I'll probably end up getting back to it after I've completed NFS.

Update:

• Destiny: 1st Trophy (16/01/15), Latest (16/05/17)
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted [PS3]: 1st Trophy (04/08/13), Latest (13/05/17)
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:  1st Trophy (23/09/16), Latest (12/05/17)

Sorry Billy, I know you just updated the first post, I would've posted sooner but I wanted to get Flawless Raider on Destiny first (which I did :awesome:). *awaits Barbossa gif*

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I finished the story of Shadow of Mordor and only need two trophies for the plat. I still need to help an Ork become captain, then warchief to kill him afterwards and a level 25 rune.

For the first I'm too stupid apparently :P and the second one was bad luck. I got an epic rune instead a level 25 one.

After that I want to play the DLC so it's not over.

How'd you find the game? (If you let an Uruk kill the Warchief to get the Rune, it will never become an epic one)
Good luck with the Lord of the Hunt Trial, its an absolute pain even with a guide (I recommend this one). If you need any advice, feel free to PM me on here or on PSN. The DLC story itself is pretty good though, same with The Bright Lord. Speaking of which, with The Lord of the Ring Trial you can basically use the same tactics as the Lord of the Hunt Trial. Run around eating all the Captains with a Graug :awesome:

Edited by LeetWolf2

39 minutes ago, LeetWolf2 said:

How'd you find the game? (If you let an Uruk kill the Warchief to get the Rune, it will never become an epic one)

Good luck with the Lord of the Hunt Trial, its an absolute pain even with a guide (I recommend this one). If you need any advice, feel free to PM me on here or on PSN. The DLC story itself is pretty good though, same with The Bright Lord. Speaking of which, with The Lord of the Ring Trial you can basically use the same tactics as the Lord of the Hunt Trial. Run around eating all the Captains with a Graug :awesome:

I finally got a level 25 rune. It only took three warchief setups to do. Before killing the final one I backed up my save to retry without setting up everything again. And of course it worked first try this time. That got me the :platinum: for this game, which now is my 30th plat. I decided against doing Yooka-Laylee because of Monthly Madness. I couldn't estimate how long it would take to plat both.

Although I'm not a big fan of Lord of the Rings I enjoyed the game. The Nemesis system is quite interesting and I think it's the first time I saw something like this.

The game made me even a bit more interested in The Lord of the Rings. I might watch the films sometime again. I can't remember when the last time was I watched them.

Thanks for the hint. I wanted to start with the Hunt DLC and I think I will wait with the trial for the end. It can't be that bad though, can it?

BTW I'm still missing one of the entrys for people. Do you know one entry you can miss? I'd like to get the last one.

Edited by MarkusT1992

10 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

This is a judgment-free zone. My first trophies for Star Trek and HDN Mk2 (which are both on agenda for this event) were in September 2013. 

nice :), and good luck with the games!!!

10 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

No judgement here. I would love to have Ni No Kuni as my first trophy, instead I have Everybody's Golf.

Yeah, I just wish i played it sooner, but somehow I keep getting back to the other games ...

I've seen on your profile you're playing an atelier game.. I want to add the atelier game I currently have in my profile as well, except... I first want to play the part befor that... xD

So that's going to be a little while longer. 

5 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

So I managed to get a good group together for Destiny and we ended up doing a bunch of raids and getting some of the rarest trophies in the game. Made a lot of progress on it, making my way through the 3rd DLC missions now. With NFS: Most Wanted I also managed to get a good group together and got a trophy out of the way that requires 6 players. Still got 3 DLCs left to do, which I'll resume if progress halts on Destiny again.

Not sure if it helps, but I might be able to assist a bit in destiny 1 since I have all trophies already.. Might know some good players as well that stil play Destiny faithfully xD

On 2017-5-17 at 1:50 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

I finally got a level 25 rune. It only took three warchief setups to do. Before killing the final one I backed up my save to retry without setting up everything again. And of course it worked first try this time. That got me the :platinum: for this game, which now is my 30th plat. I decided against doing Yooka-Laylee because of Monthly Madness. I couldn't estimate how long it would take to plat both.

Although I'm not a big fan of Lord of the Rings I enjoyed the game. The Nemesis system is quite interesting and I think it's the first time I saw something like this.

The game made me even a bit more interested in The Lord of the Rings. I might watch the films sometime again. I can't remember when the last time was I watched them.

Thanks for the hint. I wanted to start with the Hunt DLC and I think I will wait with the trial for the end. It can't be that bad though, can it?

BTW I'm still missing one of the entrys for people. Do you know one entry you can miss? I'd like to get the last one.

Congrats :D Glad you enjoyed the game, I loved it. ....Yeah, its really hard because you're under a time limit and its not that generous plus the RNG with the nemesis system. I have the GoTY Edition so by the time I finished both DLCs I had all the entries for everything. I don't know if that helps, but I wasn't really paying too much attention to the entries.

Update for myself:

Decided to get over it already and finally 100%ed the OUTATIME episode of Back To The Future (first trophy obtained early April, 2015 during a dive, and then played through later that year). Went through the episodes blind two years ago, I quickly 100%ed three out of five episodes and I did a fourth one not too long afterwards but for this one I'd have to play through almost the entire game again, which I just did not feel like doing. Finally did it just so I could get rid of it, I have too many games on my PS3 and each time new PS+ games are out I have to figure out what to delete next (though this month I opted for just not even downloading the PS+ games as they're not the kind of games I enjoy).

Everyone's updated again, feel free to yell if I did something wrong.

On 15-5-2017 at 2:19 PM, vin_rob said:

First Trophy 
3 years ago
16th Feb 2014

please don't judge lol.  

On 16-5-2017 at 9:56 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

On 16-5-2017 at 10:09 PM, Edunstar84 said:

So exactly why would that game be judged upon? I know nothing about it. Is it a bad game, or is it bad that it's been lying around for so long? I see that several people have the same game unfinished, by the way.

Vin didn't actually mean it was the first trophy of everything, just when the first trophy of that game was unlocked. Actual first trophy (Rude Awakening) is a cool trophy name to begin with, though. Personally, I went with "Hello World" from Watch_Dogs. What can I say, I'm both a mathematician and someone who works in IT.

On 16-5-2017 at 10:31 PM, Kishnabe said:

Joining:

Dokuro (2 Years)

Ni No Kuni (3 years)

MLB 2014 VIta

Welcome! You've been added to the OP.

Congrats!

On 17-5-2017 at 2:20 AM, LeetWolf2 said:

Sorry Billy, I know you just updated the first post, I would've posted sooner but I wanted to get Flawless Raider on Destiny first (which I did :awesome:). *awaits Barbossa gif*

Don't worry about it, there's been several update posts by others now and I actually have an update myself. But I wouldn't want to disappoint, and I think this one is fitting:

tumblr_o1wq1e2dkP1uexdojo3_540.gif

On 17-5-2017 at 2:50 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Congrats on the platinum! It's been too long ago for me to be of any help for your questions.

P.S. @MosesRockefeller Do you have your PS3 Portal 2 linked to a Steam account with Portal 2, or did you use that code that came with the retail version? Can't connect online without it...

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/26313-read-important-professor-portal-and-hugs/

I know I don't have Portal 2 on Steam and I did not have the code, got the game used from a friend. I'll see if I can snatch a code from somewhere.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:
On 2017-5-15 at 2:19 PM, vin_rob said:

First Trophy 
3 years ago
16th Feb 2014

please don't judge lol.  

On 2017-5-16 at 9:56 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

On 2017-5-16 at 10:09 PM, Edunstar84 said:

So exactly why would that game be judged upon? I know nothing about it. Is it a bad game, or is it bad that it's been lying around for so long? I see that several people have the same game unfinished, by the way.

Vin didn't actually mean it was the first trophy of everything, just when the first trophy of that game was unlocked. Actual first trophy (Rude Awakening) is a cool trophy name to begin with, though. Personally, I went with "Hello World" from Watch_Dogs. What can I say, I'm both a mathematician and someone who works in IT.

The judgement was about starting the game up in general 3 years ago and never got back to it.. xD

But yeah the rude awakening is a cool starting trophy :).. 

Hello World is also a cool name indeed!! I Also work in the IT tho :)