Tribulations be damned, lets finish Trials of St. Lucia!

Metal Slime King

On 3/12/2021 at 3:44 PM, rockstarjazz said:

i cant even do demonic torment on 1p. its exhausting me.

worried i might have to let go of this trophy :(

Yeah better do so. If Demonic Torment already gave you a hard time, then I'm afraid Rage (the trial #25) and Ascension (2P trial #15) will give you literal rage and frustration.
If you still want to pursue the 100%, my advice is that try watching Youtube walkthrough from the guy Zenkoto to kinda know what s** you have to deal with, and NEVER judge a trial's difficulty based on the points amount.
Have a good day!

after saying 'screw your advice', i now have only one 1p trial left and 4 2p trials left.

i nearly finished gates of hell, the one with 100 waves, with about 16 waves left, and the connection to EA was lost and so lost all my progress!! Fk you, EA.

tried connecting again just now it doesnt seem to be working

52 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

after saying 'screw your advice', i now have only one 1p trial left and 4 2p trials left.

i nearly finished gates of hell, the one with 100 waves, with about 16 waves left, and the connection to EA was lost and so lost all my progress!! Fk you, EA.

Maybe try again for a couple days? The server was known to be disconnected and reconnected multiple times. The last time the server went down it was months long but I'm afraid this time it could be for good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhoenixIKN said:

I had this nostalgic hit and wanted to give the 100% a shot, hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

2 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i was only five trials away from the trophy and was getting really good at this!!

Yeah I hope it's just temporary. But to be fair, this game and other console-exlcusive games like Infamous, BF: Bad Company and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 are around 10 years old already and despite having connection troubles, it's a miracle that these servers still work somehow. It's not surprised some of them will be closed around this year or next year.

Edited by manh_and_cheese

4 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

That's exactly what turned me away last year from the trials after having 3 disconnects while being deep into the trials. 

Dont know if the stability is now better (i guess not) so I will let go of the 100%.

Good luck for you!

44 minutes ago, Bobble_DD said:

That's exactly what turned me away last year from the trials after having 3 disconnects while being deep into the trials. 

Dont know if the stability is now better (i guess not) so I will let go of the 100%.

Good luck for you!

You were right about what happened last year. I believe it was down for like 2-3 months and miraculously came back around August and lived until today. But too bad you almost got the 100%. Hoping it's just a temporary off the work *finger crossed*

14 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

they cant just shut down the servers while STILL selling the DLC on the ps3 store. isnt that theft?

It is theft lol. Tbh I live in NA and we already got the DLC delisted from the store for like 1-2 years already. I literally had to buy the DLC off the UK Store via gift cards so Idk if the DLC is still being sold.

It is. i just checked just now.

So they are selling a DLC at a relatively high price, which requires connection to EA servers, but it doesnt work.

Theyre selling a product that doesnt exist.

I hope they put the servers up soon. there are people i know who have recently bought this and we can see from this site people are still playing the game (albeit not as much as new ps5 games).

Come on EA, SORT IT OUT!!

i have contacted them via facebook, twitter and the EA forums

i think if more of us contact them then they might understand there are still people out there wanting to play this, having paid for it

search for 'ea help' on FB and twitter

forum link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/bd-p/Other-EA-Games (i already made a thread)

lets hope this is fixed soon. i want that last trophy!

sons of bitches!!!

transcript from chat support:

Abhishek (3/16/2021, 11:50:03 PM): Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Abhishek, may I start with your first name please? 
 (3/16/2021, 11:50:27 PM): Jazz 
Abhishek (3/16/2021, 11:50:43 PM): Hello Jazz, nice to meet you. Hope you are doing good today. 
Abhishek (3/16/2021, 11:50:45 PM): How may I help you out today? 
 (3/16/2021, 11:51:34 PM): Me and my friend were playing Dante's Inferno trials of Lucia on the PS3 for the past few days and today we can't seem to connect there seems to be an error problem connecting to the server 
Abhishek (3/16/2021, 11:51:59 PM): I will surely check and help you out with connectivity issue while playing Dante's Inferno. 
Abhishek (3/16/2021, 11:52:09 PM): Please share the exact error you are getting. 
 (3/16/2021, 11:52:23 PM): i attached a screenshot. didnt you get it? 
 (3/16/2021, 11:54:14 PM): it says 'There was an error while attempting to connect to the EA servers. Trials of St Lucia requires a connection to the EA servers for many of its features. Please try again later'. we been trying since early this afternoon and no luck and we were close to completing the trials 
Abhishek (3/16/2021, 11:54:33 PM): Were you able to play the game before? 
 (3/16/2021, 11:54:47 PM): yes, yesterday and the many days before that 
Abhishek (3/16/2021, 11:55:01 PM): Thank you for the information. 
Abhishek (3/16/2021, 11:55:15 PM): Please allow me a moment to check and help you out. 
 (3/16/2021, 11:58:01 PM): ok thanks. me and my buddies are eager to resume playing. awaiting your reply 
 (3/17/2021, 12:01:25 AM): ...... 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:01:50 AM): Still on it, please ebar with me. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:01:55 AM): *bear 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:04:47 AM): Thank you for showing patience. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:05:41 AM): We will quickly perform a few troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, sounds good? 
 (3/17/2021, 12:06:01 AM): ok 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:06:31 AM): Try the steps mentioned below.

1. In the main menu XMB, using the controller scroll left to the  Settings.
2. Scroll down to  Network Settings icon.
3. Scroll down to check if Media Server Connection is showing as Enabled.
4. If the option is Enabled, change it to Disabled pressing triangle (triangle) button.
5. Confirm Disable prompt. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:06:47 AM): thats done already 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:06:59 AM): Please share the steps you have already tried. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:07:22 AM): you should know it is not only me that are having problems with this. my buddy as well, and he lives in another country. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:07:31 AM): i have switched off the ps3 and restarted it. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:07:42 AM): i have switched off the internet connection and retried it. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:07:55 AM): i have tried connecting multiple times but no luck 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:08:04 AM): Consulting the case with my team, please stay connected. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:08:09 AM): i have asked other people to try and theyre now encountering problems 
 (3/17/2021, 12:08:44 AM): we are very eager to get back to resume playing as we are halfway through the trials and want to get that trophy achievement completing them. thanks 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:09:35 AM): We have sent the query to our team, please stay connected. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:10:28 AM): thanks. it was working fine up to this afternoon, its been down for nearly 10 hours now 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:10:45 AM): Thank you for the information. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:17:21 AM): Thank you for showing patience. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:18:04 AM): I just got an update from my team and it seems like the servers for the game are sunset now and you won't be able to play multiplayer mode. You can normally connect to the game and play other single player modes. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:18:23 AM): what? but it was working earlier today? 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:19:25 AM): Our team checked and the servers are sunset for the game and for sunset games we have limited support to help you out. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:20:15 AM): Its a Sunset game and it means that it no longer has online multiplayer, it no longer has development support. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:20:33 AM): since when? 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:22:06 AM): Checking the date. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:24:59 AM): i am so very angry and upset by this. we were playng on it this morning and bought this from the ps3 store. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:25:02 AM): please fix the servers for Dante's Inferno now so we can continue playing the Trials that we paid for. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:26:33 AM): I can understand it can be concerning for not able to play the game, however we checked and the date it not available on our end as when the game got sunset. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:27:16 AM): i dont care. we've been playing this for the past few weeks up to this morning!!! 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:27:19 AM): You can check the list in the link below.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates
 (3/17/2021, 12:29:16 AM): has it occured to you maybe this game is still being paid for and played by gamers? i purchased the DLC recently on the online store. you can't just take our money and not provide the product/service. this is wrong. its akin to theft. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:30:26 AM): We consulted the case with our team and unfortunately as the servers are not available to play multiplayer games, we won't be able to make changes and help you out. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:30:37 AM): we were close to completing the trials and getting that final trophy! 
 (3/17/2021, 12:30:49 AM): i want this escalated please. i am not happy with this. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:31:08 AM): We will take your concern as a feedback and share it with my team, sounds good? 
 (3/17/2021, 12:31:24 AM): more than feedback, this is a formal complaint. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:32:08 AM): you are still selling the DLC on the ps3 store. people are going to buy that and will discover that it doesnt work so they paid their money for nothing. this is illegal. i should probably report EA to our trading standards authority for this. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:32:27 AM): it was working fine up until this afternoon! 
 (3/17/2021, 12:33:58 AM): come on, we want to complete the trials to get the last trophy. this makes me want to tear my hair out. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:36:04 AM): If I had the option to make changes and active the servers on my end, I would have done it for you. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:36:09 AM): me and my friends are desperate to resume playing this as we enjoyed it so very much. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:37:51 AM): As a gamer myself I can understand your concern for not able to play one of your favorite game. My intention is not to keep you from something that you can have, had it been possible for me to process the request for you, then I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I hope that you will understand. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:39:12 AM): that link you gave me, the game is not listed there, the multiplayer has been working up to this morning, so this game must still be active because it still has an online community. please, fix the servers. or forward this feedback to the team who will fix it. please. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:40:48 AM): We have mentioned all the details in our case notes and will report it with our team. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:40:54 AM): Apart from this is there anything else I can help you with? 
 (3/17/2021, 12:41:50 AM): no, just get dante's inferno's trials of st lucia working again. i speak for a community of gamers who are all actively playing this. we love playing this and want to continue to do so. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:42:26 AM): Will share all the details and I hope our team is able to make changes and help you out. 
Abhishek (3/17/2021, 12:42:36 AM): Thank you for contacting us.
Stay safe and Stay Healthy!
Take Care. 
 (3/17/2021, 12:42:58 AM): fix it as quickly as possible please. i hope to be able to resume playing tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

i have contacted them via facebook, twitter and the EA forums

i think if more of us contact them then they might understand there are still people out there wanting to play this, having paid for it

search for 'ea help' on FB and twitter

forum link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/bd-p/Other-EA-Games (i already made a thread)

lets hope this is fixed soon. i want that last trophy!

I clicked on your link and already saw your reply of "it looks like it's working". So is it fixed?

Wow, good luck. 

In early 2017, I was actually the one who got the servers to come back online. Someone by the name of EA_Tom was able to get the servers to be restored. Now, bear in mind, this was prior to Visceral Games shutting down. So it's now probably on the responsibility of some random EA team. 

I would harass them greatly. If the DLC is still being sold, then they're selling something that doesn't work. 

the servers work, thank christ. and i FINALLY got that trophy!

the ascension 2p trial is the make or break. that one really pushed me and my buddy who i credit (callmeeighty8) all the way. jesus that was intense.

happy to give advice about it later.

all that for a darn bronze this should have been a gold!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockstarjazz said:

the servers work, thank christ. and i FINALLY got that trophy!

the ascension 2p trial is the make or break. that one really pushed me and my buddy who i credit (callmeeighty8) all the way. jesus that was intense.

happy to give advice about it later.

all that for a darn bronze this should have been a gold!

Congrats!!! You literally were among the few players in my session who didn't give up on the trials. So many of them have joined my session for like a month and they gave up after a few tries. And you made it through the dang Ascension trial. It took me and my partner 5 tries in total to get through and Ascension's difficulty was the reason why I never want to come back to help haha

• 3 weeks later...

Today I played the first session of 2 Player Trials with a friend of mine and we managed 8 trials in about 4 hours, so I'm feeling slightly more optimistic about this trophy :D

We did one trial run of Ascencion and got to the 60-combo wave in arena 4. How much worse does it get after that? Up until that point, it didn't seem that much harder than previous challenges so I'd like to get an idea of what we'll face in the later waves.

On 03/04/2021 at 5:47 PM, NoraSilberreif said:

Today I played the first session of 2 Player Trials with a friend of mine and we managed 8 trials in about 4 hours, so I'm feeling slightly more optimistic about this trophy :D

We did one trial run of Ascencion and got to the 60-combo wave in arena 4. How much worse does it get after that? Up until that point, it didn't seem that much harder than previous challenges so I'd like to get an idea of what we'll face in the later waves.

you seen nothing yet.

the last two arenas is the make or break.

for the very last wave, you got big enemies and a summoner and must kill all quickly. i recommend after disposing the summoner, go into the 'rage' mode (forgotton what its called now) and go to town on the big enemies before the clock expires. we did ours with a few seconds left. there are also those enemies that hide in fire.

theres also youtube videos on the series too

Edited by rockstarjazz

On 4/3/2021 at 11:47 AM, NoraSilberreif said:

like rockstarjazz said, you didn't get to the hard part of Ascension yet. The last 2 arenas of Ascension is the real deal, as you only have HP heals (yup, zero mana heals) until the last wave of each arena. The lack of mana forces you to limit the use of Divine Armor instead of spamming it.

Also IIRC there are 2 main layouts of waves for the last 2 arenas:

1. Kill them all: These contains tanky and annoying monsters like the Greed mace spinner, shielded/winged demons, and of course the s.o.b heretics. This layout is my least favorite part because of how all the monsters work together to create a hell-ish challenge for players. First the heretics provide holy-immunity to all the enemies making it hard for you to execute easy targets or to get out of a crowd, then the mace spinners cause the ground to be unsafe for moving, forcing you to fly. By the time you are flying, the demons and heretics will start hitting you with the projectile attacks. Tbh it's not that bad for the host but for the non-host player it's a nightmare because of the slight delay/lag that they have to experience. The lag causing non-host player to be fully exposed and eventually get hit out of nowhere with the projectile attack, and to note those attacks hurt real BAD (I believe it could wipe out 70%-80% of your full HP bar, so nearly an instant kill)

2. Timed Kill the Summoner: These also contains the monsters above, plus the Fire demons. It's a real pain as the annoying holy immunity from the heretics makes it so hard and time-consuming to kill the summoner and the demons. I recommend doing the split side method; that way you can kill the summoner quickly and have time to deal with the rest

Edited by manh_and_cheese