NieR Automata Trophies

MinamiKukki

8 minutes ago, Jyn Erso said:

I'm actually surprised at this being a possibility, but I'm also fascinated at the same time. Regardless of this, game looks amazing and I will play it after I get and platinum the first NieR on PS3.

Deffo worth the full price is what i can say, i suppose we can both agree that the first NiER was lacking in combat.
But the combat is Automata is amazing, praise platinum games.

Edited by MinamiKukki
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It's not that bad.

It's just Plat is going to be for reaching true ending rather than doing all other ends.

And guys, don't care about trophies, care about 2B's butt :awesome::awesome::awesome: 

Well I mean not just the butt :wub:

Spoiler

16825897_1127554644022391_89054467876567

On topic though, ability to purchase trophies that is depressing. If that's how devs handle trophies in future there really is not point to them anymore

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Since when do you need trophies to see everything a game has to offer, did you not do that before the trophy system came in place?

i agree, i prefer no trophies myself. still getting this game since i already got Berseria and Berserk that will just leave Akiba's Beat this year.

40 minutes ago, Mcbeanstr said:

Well I mean not just the butt :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

16825897_1127554644022391_89054467876567

On topic though, ability to purchase trophies that is depressing. If that's how devs handle trophies in future there really is not point to them anymore

was there ever besides "bragging rights"?

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I'd like to know more about this eventually, you're right. Shouldn't jump to conclusions. If anyone has any information as to why this insanely stupid concept was implemented, that would be great. Not only is the trophy list incredibly easy by PG standards, but this just takes the cake, though.

I'm with you on that. I was expecting trophies tied to S-ranking battles/challenges/difficulty modes like other games Platinum has developed. Being able to buy trophies is a very strange concept since it does defeat the purpose of having them (complete a specific task and earn a reward). What is the gaming world coming to? Hopefully more information will become available before the NA launch of the game, Platinum is one of my favorite developers and I hope they don't go down a path that will lead them to "ruin" *cough* Sega, Konami, Capcom *cough* :P

1 hour ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i agree, i prefer no trophies myself. still getting this game since i already got Berseria and Berserk that will just leave Akiba's Beat this year.

was there ever besides "bragging rights"?

I enjoy collecting them not really brag about them :dunno:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MinamiKukki said:

Hide contents

Then when you load that save you can BUY TROPHIES FROM THE VENDOR IN RESISTANCE CAMP and literally every single one, except the Credit ending. 

This is ridiculous, however they're going to make money for sure. Even if I don't agree, more money for a developer isn't a bad thing. 

But now we'll look at others nier platinum and wonder

Not-sure-if-sure_c_98382.jpg

Just now, Dav9834 said:

This is ridiculous, however they're going to make money for sure. Even if I don't agree, more money for a developer isn't a bad thing. 

But now we'll look at others nier platinum and wonder

Not-sure-if-sure_c_98382.jpg

Yeah each to their own i guess, in the end no one cares unless its stuff like Star Ocean or MGR etc. lol

I hope this doesn't become a new trend. It kinda takes all of the fun out of trophy hunting when you can just bypass the requirements and purchase them. I don't really get why they did that. Let's just hope publishers don't catch onto this and start charging real world money to unlock them. Now that would be one sick joke... -_-

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Idea for a thread?

'Have you bought trophies?' :awesome: 

If the community doesn't stigmatize it it's possible it would work! 

Though I think people would get flamed. 

I don't think it should be a stigma despite my views against it though. 

If you want to plat a game, but can't get that "one" trophy and you have little time to play due to outside forces, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to ridicule them. 

Though if you buy them all, all bets are off hahaha. 

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I hope this doesn't become a new trend. It kinda takes all of the fun out of trophy hunting when you can just bypass the requirements and purchase them. I don't really get why they did that. Let's just hope publishers don't catch onto this and start charging real world money to unlock them. Now that would be one sick joke... -_-

I agree It would be a travesty if it was wide spread. I don't really care much about others trophies, but will give credit where I believe credits due when I see a lot of work and time went into getting a plat or trophy(like tales of symphonia!). So I hope in the future it's limited to only a few trophies per game. Because I do see this taking off now.

But it won't effect me as I'll probably never pay for something like that, and I only go after platinums that I want to. For me It's about self gratification than "hey looky what I got"  

• Like 3

I'm still baffled by the inclusion of the trophy purchasing.  It could just be Taro being weird and doing something unconventional, and it'll get people talking about the game, but I don't think it will help sales in any meaningful manner and if it gets people to buy the game it'll likely be for all the wrong reasons. There will be people just buying it, skipping through the story on easy with the auto chips (why would you want to do that, combat in this game is fantastic) just to get to the third playthrough and save scum all the trophies. If the cost for the trophies was extremely high (like millions for each trophy) I would put it down to more being a joke thing where the game would chastise you for doing it, but seeing as at most each one costs 100k that's nothing. By the time you get to third playthrough you could just sell off everything in your inventory and have 100k and save scum them one at a time. People are just going to skip through, ignore the combat and story, and get the plat and forget about the game. That's going to be a massive shame because there's so much to the game. Every character you talk to has unique dialogue, every quest and enemy data set has paragraphs of stuff to read. You skip through the game to just to buy the trophies you're going to completely miss all of that and all the care that's obviously been put into the game. 

When I play the game on my own account I'll be doing the plat legitimately, I love the game too much to just cheese out trophies without getting to experience the whole game on my own as the developer intended. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gage said:

I'm still baffled by the inclusion of the trophy purchasing.  It could just be Taro being weird and doing something unconventional, and it'll get people talking about the game, but I don't think it will help sales in any meaningful manner and if it gets people to buy the game it'll likely be for all the wrong reasons. There will be people just buying it, skipping through the story on easy with the auto chips (why would you want to do that, combat in this game is fantastic) just to get to the third playthrough and save scum all the trophies. If the cost for the trophies was extremely high (like millions for each trophy) I would put it down to more being a joke thing where the game would chastise you for doing it, but seeing as at most each one costs 100k that's nothing. By the time you get to third playthrough you could just sell off everything in your inventory and have 100k and save scum them one at a time. People are just going to skip through, ignore the combat and story, and get the plat and forget about the game. That's going to be a massive shame because there's so much to the game. Every character you talk to has unique dialogue, every quest and enemy data set has paragraphs of stuff to read. You skip through the game to just to buy the trophies you're going to completely miss all of that and all the care that's obviously been put into the game. 

When I play the game on my own account I'll be doing the plat legitimately, I love the game too much to just cheese out trophies without getting to experience the whole game on my own as the developer intended. 

You get some additional scenes if you unlock all quests too, so people who play for story only and don't care about plat will have to get 100% quests done
Atleast doing a full VH clear will be somewhat interesting. Then again Pod is kinda broken, especially the hammer

32 minutes ago, MinamiKukki said:

You get some additional scenes if you unlock all quests too, so people who play for story only and don't care about plat will have to get 100% quests done
Atleast doing a full VH clear will be somewhat interesting. Then again Pod is kinda broken, especially the hammer

Did you do third playthrough on easy? Talking to my friend he's struggling with it after skipping through second playthrough real quick because of the big level jump and enemy debuffs in playthrough 3. 

I don't know if I'll bother with a very hard playthrough, but I'll likely try and 100% everything else past the trophy requirements. Did the same thing with FFXV and have spent over 100 hours with that just doing everything. 

31 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

Here´s hoping they add brutal dlc trophies :D

I wouldn't count on it. If the dlc is setup in the same way as Drakengard 3 where it's a separate character or something like that it will likely just be finish story missions and level 

8 minutes ago, Gage said:

Did you do third playthrough on easy? Talking to my friend he's struggling with it after skipping through second playthrough real quick because of the big level jump and enemy debuffs in playthrough 3. 

I did it on Hard, cause i was afraid of some kind of missable, enemy debuffs? Which ones lol, i dont recall any mobs doing any sort of debuff. I just hack them all as 9s and b-mode as a2

Edited by MinamiKukki

9 minutes ago, MinamiKukki said:

I did it on Hard, cause i was afraid of some kind of missable, enemy debuffs? Which ones lol, i dont recall any mobs doing any sort of debuff. I just hack them all as 9s and b-mode as a2

This is the picture he sent me. Said the enemy did it to him and he couldn't dodge or attack for like 30 seconds. He also mentioned disliking the hacking game so maybe that's his issue. 

I'm thinking I'll do my playthrough on my own account on hard. I assume lack of lock on isn't a large detriment, as it isn't overly useful to begin with on normal. 

Just now, Gage said:

This is the picture he sent me. Said the enemy did it to him and he couldn't dodge or attack for like 30 seconds. He also mentioned disliking the hacking game so maybe that's his issue. 

I'm thinking I'll do my playthrough on my own account on hard. I assume lack of lock on isn't a large detriment, as it isn't overly useful to begin with on normal. 

That big enemy, ive never seen him do some kind of debuff, and the hacking sucks, i agree. So i can't really say anything.

And yeah the pod normal attack isnt that good, but the pod program is pretty good. Like the hammer and laser, feel free to poke me if u want to talk about nier stuff privately, i have a few tips of my own if you care lol

1 hour ago, Red-River13 said:

Oh no, doing something that is entirely optional has ruined the game and the industry. 

Nobody said that. It does ruin the whole trophy hunting aspect of the game, though. Believe it or not, but that's actually an important part of the game to a lot of people on this site. Who would have guessed?

• Like 1