Red Dead Redemption vs Grand Theft Auto IV...

prototypehobo

I like both, but RDR is unique, now you'll find games in the market similar to GTA IV, Saints Row 2 and 3 , Sleeping Dogs, Mafia II. There is nothing like Red Dead Redemption, I'm telling you, that feeling that you get while riding the horse in the west is just something unique and epic, RDR story is better and the characters are better too. Multiplayer in my honest opinion is also better, if you play with friends and make a band and take over hideouts, the fun is endless. Anyways if you can, just get both. R* ftw , both games are amazing, I love them both, but I am more aligned to RDR. Episodes from Liberty City and Undead Nightmare are really good too.

• Like 3

Seems I'm the only one here who prefers Gta IV to RDR. I bought RDR after hundreds of people recommended it to me but for some reason I never really liked it and only played through the story line once and never touched the game again. But any GTA keeps me coming back. I even still play the previous generation GTA's like San Andreas, Vice City and others and still find them more fun than RDR. I would pick GTA IV but that's because of my taste. And don't hate on me because I'm not saying RDR is a bad game, but I just never really liked the setting of it.

• Like 2

RDR without a doubt mate.Ar first I couldn't get into it but once I did...my o my.Missions are brill,plenty of side missions to keep you busy too

It's in my top 5 games,plus saw it at asda for £7 brand new,GOTY edition to

bloody hell, that's a bargain right there, is that in all asda's?

I like both, but RDR is unique, now you'll find games in the market similar to GTA IV, Saints Row 2 and 3 , Sleeping Dogs, Mafia II. There is nothing like Red Dead Redemption, I'm telling you, that feeling that you get while riding the horse in the west is just something unique and epic, RDR story is better and the characters are better too. Multiplayer in my honest opinion is also better, if you play with friends and make a band and take over hideouts, the fun is endless. Anyways if you can, just get both. R* ftw , both games are amazing, I love them both, but I am more aligned to RDR. Episodes from Liberty City and Undead Nightmare are really good too.

it's a tough one i suppose

Seems I'm the only one here who prefers Gta IV to RDR. I bought RDR after hundreds of people recommended it to me but for some reason I never really liked it and only played through the story line once and never touched the game again. But any GTA keeps me coming back. I even still play the previous generation GTA's like San Andreas, Vice City and others and still find them more fun than RDR. I would pick GTA IV but that's because of my taste. And don't hate on me because I'm not saying RDR is a bad game, but I just never really liked the setting of it.

I am pretty much the same got it free with plus after hearing how good it is, and it is a good game as with most Rockstar games, but it just didn't grab me, if I had a choice between them I would pick GTA IV, I just didn't gel with the horse riding aspect and will admit I did groan when having to travel large distances but I did find the story intriguing and the world was nice especially the night sky.

RDR for me. I've always been a big GTA fan, but RDR is a different animal. There's something about the solitude and playing as a man ahead of his time. The environments and atmosphere are just so immersive and I just got lost in there for hours. Top 5 game of all time for me.

Also, try to stay away from spoiler threads for it.

Edited by Aipher

Coming fresh off GTA: San Andreas, I thought GTA IV was a let down. The story was okay but, it pales in comparison to Red Dead Redemption in my opinion. RDR started off slow but, once you get into the story and figure things out, it's a blast. MP was very fun and the trophies are not too terrible in terms of difficulty or time. GTA IV however, is a massive grind and has ridiculously difficult trophies for MP.

If I were starting over I would definitely choose RDR.

RDR for me. I've always been a big GTA fan, but RDR is a different animal. There's something about the solitude and playing as a man ahead of his time. The environments and atmosphere are just so immersive and I just got lost in there for hours. Top 5 game of all time for me.

Also, try to stay away from spoiler threads for it.

ok :)

Red Dead Redemption for sure. GTA IV in my opinion is really boring.

I played RDR for almost 60hrs & was never bored.

i made the same thread as this on ps3trophies.com and they all said red dead redemption too, it must be really fun for so many votes :D

Coming fresh off GTA: San Andreas, I thought GTA IV was a let down. The story was okay but, it pales in comparison to Red Dead Redemption in my opinion. RDR started off slow but, once you get into the story and figure things out, it's a blast. MP was very fun and the trophies are not too terrible in terms of difficulty or time. GTA IV however, is a massive grind and has ridiculously difficult trophies for MP.

If I were starting over I would definitely choose RDR.

i think it will be 100% RDR from looking at all the votes from different forums :)

I'm going to agree with most others here and suggest Red Dead Redemption as well. It is much more fun than GTA IV (in my opinion) and there is nothing else really like it, whereas there are games that have surpassed GTA IV in what a GTA game is supposed to be like Saints Row: The Third and Sleeping Dogs (again my opinion.) If possible, I would suggest going the physical route though, because you should be able to get them much cheaper, hell, you could probably get both games for what they are asking for just one if you go physical.

Parker

This. Couldn't have said it better myself. Red Dead Redemption is a great game. One of the best games I have ever played.

• Like 1