Vita Port is horrible

dwproject

As mentioned by another user, im telling you to not play this game on VITA. I spent my last days trying to obtain some trophies which are totally bugged and glitched on the Vita. 

1. Trophies for letters "T" & "N" aren't popping.

2. Trophy for rolling to the end with more than 105 seconds is not unlocking (tried multiple times).

3. Sometimes the game is crashing after finishing "N" or "D" paths.

4. Often you fall through ducks (even if you hold down the jump button and your shadow is above a duck).

5. Sometimes there are simply no shadows, not for you, not for platforms.

6. Game is lagging so much in later stages that you can't perform an old-school run.

So since at least 3 trophies aren't unlocking i think its impossible to plat this game on the VITA. Good job, another crappy Vita Port...

• Like 1

Yeah, sadly it's not the best port.  I had it slow down into being near frozen on a number of screen transitions, but turning off Wifi seemed to help with that (maybe it constantly auto-uploads save data?).  "T" also didn't pop for me which was annoying, but there's no way I'll waste my time working on the plat, since so many of the trophies are just a pain in the ass to deal with with constant auto-saving.

So far I have obtained 24 trophies on Vita. I still havent tried the trophies you mentioned. I will confirm them whether they are obtaiable or not. Also my game runs OK. It sometimes slows down but never crashes

Edit: Yeah. You are right. It is impossible to get a coin in vita version. There are 4 spikes instead of 2. It is so weird. So it is impossible to get a %100 on vita

Edited by Alondate31
Editing?
  • Like 1

I told Gareth about it, he was saying it's not his fault. I know he didn't port the game, BUT if you outsource something you should still care about it! I mean it's his game and he's telling me i should report the bugs to the studio which ported the game. I won't. He SHOULD. Bad quality management i would say. I hate it when games get released and nobody tested them 100%. Clearly nobody did play the game on the VITA before releasing it (at least not with all coins, trophies and so on)...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

I played this game on the Vita, had no issues other than the one coin you cannot get, so I jumped onto my PS4 to get the coin jumped my save back to Vita and continued playing until Platinum. 

Are you sure that you unlocked every other trophy on the VITA? I doubt that, as far as my knowledge goes there are several trophies unobtainable (like getting letter "T" or marble-rolling-one) in the Vita version. I tested many ways obtaining these trophies, nothing works. I know at least a few other people who got the same problem. The old school mode is possible, yes, but loosing 5-6 lives due to lag sucks. Congrats you made it!

I'm in contact with Gareth, he is trying his best to let the porting studio know about the situation. Hopefully there will be another patch in the future. Sadly he couldn't make any changes by himself. He's a very nice person, so no offence to him. 

3 hours ago, dwproject said:

Are you sure that you unlocked every other trophy on the VITA? I doubt that, as far as my knowledge goes there are several trophies unobtainable (like getting letter "T" or marble-rolling-one) in the Vita version. I tested many ways obtaining these trophies, nothing works. I know at least a few other people who got the same problem. The old school mode is possible, yes, but loosing 5-6 lives due to lag sucks. Congrats you made it!

I'm in contact with Gareth, he is trying his best to let the porting studio know about the situation. Hopefully there will be another patch in the future. Sadly he couldn't make any changes by himself. He's a very nice person, so no offence to him. 

I did the requirements for the mini games on the Vita and once I loaded my save on PS4 they just unlocked, the timed one for the letter "D" Marble rolling does unlock though. 

• 1 month later...
On 13/3/2017 at 11:24 PM, dwproject said:

There is also one room which is impossible to get the coin in (from cauldron top left way). There is a room with a row of 4 spikes, which you can't jump over to reach the next section. Total bullshit.

This coin is obtainable though it seems it is not, i got it in 3 different playthroughs (i even have the trophy for all coins and never played the ps4 version). Are there fewer spikes in the other versions?

(You're talking about the room where the path is going up and down above space, right?)

Edited by xblindsidebeatx

7 minutes ago, xblindsidebeatx said:

This coin is obtainable though it seems it is not, i got it in 3 different playthroughs (i even have the trophy for all coins and never played the ps4 version). Are there fewer spikes in the other versions?

(You're talking about the room where the stairs are going up and down, right?)

Could the game have been patched by now? Just wondering.

Also, the porting studio seems to be JAW? If so, they're the ones who do the Oddworld remakes. :P 

Edited by MMDE

3 minutes ago, xblindsidebeatx said:

I have no idea if they fix anything but i got the coins trophy 6 months ago.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I couldn't see JAW post any recent patch notice on their website about this game. I did however see the did a patch quite a while ago, in november:

http://www.jawltd.com/2016/11/lumo-update-ps4-ps-vita-now/

Maybe this screwed something up?

Yeah its totally possible, do not do the jump diagonally, it didnt work for me.

Make a straight jump from sideways* and then turn diagonally for the rest of the jump. Also try to be as close as you can to the edge of the platform AND to the spikes before jumping, if you manage to make the spikes pop out exactly the moment you press the x button, you have a high chance of succeeding. Also try to clear this room without stop running, i couldnt manage to make those jumps stationary.

2016-10-24-231347b.jpg?dl=1

*The sideways jump will give you some extra centiseconds before going above the spikes, might be enough for the spikes to go off or for the other platform to go even lower, this is exactly what is going to save you.

Edited by xblindsidebeatx
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 3:18 PM, xblindsidebeatx said:

Yeah its totally possible, do not do the jump diagonally, it didnt work for me.

Make a straight jump from sideways* and then turn diagonally for the rest of the jump. Also try to be as close as you can to the edge of the platform AND to the spikes before jumping, if you manage to make the spikes pop out exactly the moment you press the x button, you have a high chance of succeeding. Also try to clear this room without stop running, i couldnt manage to make those jumps stationary.

2016-10-24-231347b.jpg?dl=1

*The sideways jump will give you some extra centiseconds before going above the spikes, might be enough for the spikes to go off or for the other platform to go even lower, this is exactly what is going to save you.

Okay this is crazy. I spent hours trying to find a way through this room but never tried your jump strategy. It doesn't even make sense. Thanks a lot for posting the solution. I still think its wasn't intended this way, since in the PC version there are only 2 spikes. Don't know about the PS4 version but i think there are also only 2 spikes, because nobody complained about it. One more question: On your way back from getting the coin you do the same jump just the other way around?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 3/16/2017 at 11:14 PM, dwproject said:

I've just downloaded the game and the latest version is 1.05 - is it still the same version that you were talking about a year ago? The article which is linked in one of the comments mentions ver. 1.04, so maybe something has actually been patched?

• 4 months later...

Hi all, just want to add an update to this now that I have completed the game with patch 1.05 on the PS Vita for anyone considering. I played with the PSN plus free version of the game.

- I had a total of two crashes during the playthrough.  They didn't corrupt my save file and I didn't lose any progress. Annoying sure, but it seems the game has been patched well since launch

- I am on 73% trophy completion and so far the only two trophies that have glitched are the Letters T & D. I have tried to obtain both with WiFi on and off and  neither pop either way. I am going to attempt "Sorted For E's And..." & "Zax On, Zax Off" to finish off, but will let you know if these are glitched too. 

- If you wanted to go for the Duck Hunt trophy, don't play on the Vita - unless you are incredibly skilled at isometric platformers and are really lucky.  This really isn't worth the time and stress. it still looks hard on the PS4 but the hitbox area on the ducks is horrendous on Vita.

- You can collect all the coins.  Follow the method in the above post..it is hard work but with a bit of practice it works

I have reached out to the developers of the Vita version with the glitched trophy summary but yet to hear back. You can probably assume this wont be fixed. 

Play on PS4 if going for 100% completion, but if you are happy with a score of 70-80% enjoy playing this delight on the go and get it on Vita.

If you don't care about trophies get it on Switch  

Vita lives