Horizon: Zero Dawn worldwide sales top 2.6 million,

Vergil

Worldwide sales for Horizon: Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its first two weeks of launch, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

The number includes both Blu-ray disc sell-through quantities and download version sales on the PlayStation Store.

The PlayStation 4 title was developed by Guerrilla Games and released worldwide starting February 28. It is the best-selling new first-party IP launch on PlayStation 4 to date and Guerrilla’s biggest ever debut.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/03/horizon-zero-dawn-worldwide-sales-top-2-6-million#whddYeoTSrHXmM6f.99

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear the game is doing well. It certainly deserves it. I'm still very impressed with what Guerrilla were able to accomplish considering Killzone was never a series that many people thought was top tier. Horizon is the game that really sets them apart from other studios. Think of it like their Uncharted when Killzone was their Jak. I can only imagine how awesome a Horizon 2 is gonna be.

As for the title of best-selling new first party IP on PS4, what held that position before? I'm guessing Bloodborne? Nothing else really comes to mind. Most of the first party titles on PS4 have been sequels. I hope to God it wasn't Knack. Think of the children... :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

1 hour ago, DPatriot said:

Worldwide sales for Horizon: Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its first two weeks of launch, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

The number includes both Blu-ray disc sell-through quantities and download version sales on the PlayStation Store.

The PlayStation 4 title was developed by Guerrilla Games and released worldwide starting February 28. It is the best-selling new first-party IP launch on PlayStation 4 to date and Guerrilla’s biggest ever debut.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/03/horizon-zero-dawn-worldwide-sales-top-2-6-million#whddYeoTSrHXmM6f.99

That's great. Can't wait for the inevitable DLCs and sequel. 

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm glad to hear the game is doing well. It certainly deserves it. I'm still very impressed with what Guerrilla were able to accomplish considering Killzone was never a series that many people thought was top tier. Horizon is the game that really sets them apart from other studios. Think of it like their Uncharted when Killzone was their Jak. I can only imagine how awesome a Horizon 2 is gonna be.

As for the title of best-selling new first party IP on PS4, what held that position before? I'm guessing Bloodborne? Nothing else really comes to mind. Most of the first party titles on PS4 have been sequels. I hope to God it wasn't Knack. Think of the children... :P

Wouldn't put it past it being Knack, as a lot of people got it as a bundle. 

• 2 months later...