Hello World! A special hello to fellow 90's gamers!

xxLARCENxx

As I work from home and play a gracious host to my in-laws when I'd much rather be gaming, I thought I would engage in this forum and see if there are others out there like me. Folks who remember the days of cartridge games and the Sega Master System and subsequent Sega Genesis.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Of course! I've done some retro reviews, here's a sample of SNES games I posted here in the forums: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/4219-snes-reviews-from-my-halloweenish-reviews/

As an '86 kid we had an Atari, though I was far too young to remember which model, then the modern marvel that was the NES. I'd say the SNES was more my patron console, because I was old enough to understand more of what was going on. Final Fantasy II (IV to our Japanese friends), Super Metroid, Super Mario World... Awesome stuff for a young me. I was also blessed with a father who loved computers (these punk kids wouldn't believe there was a time when computers weren't in every house in the nation, especially for a family like mine that danced around the poverty line.) giving me some of the greatest boons to my gamer status, WarCraft: Orcs and Humans, WarCraft II, Wolfenstien 3d, Doom... Man, the nostalgia of early 90's gaming....

Anyway, Welcome.

I appreciate the replys, thank you! I admit my games of the past really focused on fighting, sports and RPGs. Street Fighter II, MK, Phatasy Star and Baseball Stars!! When I get the chance I am currently playing Assassins Creed Revelations, too lazy to buy anything new because my time to play is always short as it is.

Im looking forward to making some new friends who are familiar with being a gamer from the 90's!

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! :wave:

My gaming obsession really took off on the NES so I was more of an 80's kid but, I was hard core gaming on anything I could get my hands on in the early part of the 90's :D I ended up taking an extended break once I got into HS and the military afterward. I didn't get back into steady gaming until the PS2 and have been very active ever since.

Born '86, my first console was a Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis, as you would call it), and a close friend of mine had a SNES. My gaming upbringing was on Cool Spot, Sonic & Knuckles, Toejam & Earl, Turtles in Time, Mario All-Stars, Gunstar Heroes, Booger Man! and other such legendary gaming titles... then I moved on to owning a PSX, PS2 and now a PS3 which constitutes nearly all of my gaming time nowadays. Still have my PS2 hooked up for when I'm feeling nostalgic, plus I downloaded a SNES emulator (naughty me).

Edited by Ryan_Rhymes

Welcome to the site :). My first system was a super nintendo, my second system was actually at my grandparents who had a regular nintendo. I wasn't a big gamer until the days of the ps2, so I am a bit young in this crowd lol.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time on this wonderful site. See you around.

Hahaha! Now I am feeling even older or perhaps just late to the party! Several of you played with the 90's gaming systems when you were in elementry school. I however didnt pick up gaming until I was in middle school!!

So really I should have called out to the 30 somethings out there. I am looking forward to learning from the young folks! Friend me as I find that all the good games are better played with friends. :)

Of course! I've done some retro reviews, here's a sample of SNES games I posted here in the forums: http://psnprofiles.c...eenish-reviews/

As an '86 kid we had an Atari, though I was far too young to remember which model, then the modern marvel that was the NES. I'd say the SNES was more my patron console, because I was old enough to understand more of what was going on. Final Fantasy II (IV to our Japanese friends), Super Metroid, Super Mario World... Awesome stuff for a young me. I was also blessed with a father who loved computers (these punk kids wouldn't believe there was a time when computers weren't in every house in the nation, especially for a family like mine that danced around the poverty line.) giving me some of the greatest boons to my gamer status, WarCraft: Orcs and Humans, WarCraft II, Wolfenstien 3d, Doom... Man, the nostalgia of early 90's gaming....

Anyway, Welcome.

Man, I was born in 87, but my story seems so similar on the gaming time line. First time I played warcraft... life changing. Final Fantasy II is by far my favourite snes game.

Welcome aboard larcen!

• Like 1