Extensions & adjustments to the flagging system, and an alteration to the rules

There's no real need for the first one. Flag the two trophies you're interested in and 3 others, then explain in the description that you're only interested in the two. 

I don't have a problem with SharePlay or shared accounts though. Mostly because I think it's none of my business what other people do with their accounts. For shared accounts, if they want to take the security risk of sharing their details, or risk Sony coming down on them for any breach of the EULA, then that's their call.

As for SharePlay, removing the option from gaming sessions will just mean people start "co-operative" sessions instead, where they ask in the narrative "please SharePlay this for me". Coming down on people who already do or have used SharePlay is probably completely unenforceable. How would you prove any of it without access to the PSN's live and historic servers? (That's assuming Sony even logs that data.)

Don't agree on the Shareplay issue (I've never used it, but I have helped others with it). Furthermore, banning people for something that Sony has allowed, is, well, absurd.

If you don't agree, that's your prerogative, but then why not extend your ban to encompass other things that people disagree with, like stacking games.

The group account thing is more of an issue, but I think you've highlighted the wrong example. Getting two WipeOut trophies that close together would already be cover by the 'trophies earned too close together' flag.

A better example would be earning trophies in multiple games on the same system at the same time. In other words, playing 2 games simultaneously on the same console.

A more important and legit adjustment would be to enable reporting for Vita games, since it has been confirmed that the console can be hacked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Don't agree on the Shareplay issue (I've never used it, but I have helped others with it). Furthermore, banning people for something that Sony has allowed, is, well, absurd.

If you don't agree, that's your prerogative, but then why not extend your ban to encompass other things that people disagree with, like stacking games.

The group account thing is more of an issue, but I think you've highlighted the wrong example. Getting two WipeOut trophies that close together would already be cover by the 'trophies earned too close together' flag.

A better example would be earning trophies in multiple games on the same system at the same time. In other words, playing 2 games simultaneously on the same console.

A more important and legit adjustment would be to enable reporting for Vita games, since it has been confirmed that the console can be hacked.

Sony allow gamesharing within the same household, yet there's a blanket ban on even discussing it on this site, so banning something Sony allow wouldn't exactly be new territory for PSNP :dunno:

It wouldn't, because WipEout HD and WipEout 2048 are two completely different games, and you wouldn't be able to report them because of that.

3 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Sony allow gamesharing within the same household, yet there's a blanket ban on even discussing it on this site, so banning something Sony allow wouldn't exactly be new territory for PSNP :dunno:

It wouldn't, because WipEout HD and WipEout 2048 are two completely different games, and you wouldn't be able to report them because of that.

The reason we ban game sharing here is due to people stealing accounts, it's for security/safety.

The 5 trophy limit can be reduced. Trophies sometimes don't unlock when they should, such as difficulty trophies, they can be triggered on the next completion. The limit is to avoid too many false reports.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

The reason we ban game sharing here is due to people stealing accounts, it's for security/safety.

The 5 trophy limit can be reduced. Trophies sometimes don't unlock when they should, such as difficulty trophies, they can be triggered on the next completion. The limit is to avoid too many false reports.

Can you add the option to report Vita games please?

I agree with OP on pretty much all of this, and I do have a further suggestion. I'm relatively new to this site so apologies if this is already a thing but is there any kind of warning system for people who flag a trophy and it turns out to not be a problem? Wether they flagged it out of spite because they have a problem with another gamer or simply because they didn't do their research this seems like it could be a good idea. For example the other day I saw somebody get flagged with the reason that the online servers were closed. Yet they earned the trophies before the servers closed and a quick google search by a couple of people who posted on the thread proved that. Does nothing happen to the person who wasted people's time by carelessly flagging those trophies in the first place?

3 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

I agree with OP on pretty much all of this, and I do have a further suggestion. I'm relatively new to this site so apologies if this is already a thing but is there any kind of warning system for people who flag a trophy and it turns out to not be a problem? Wether they flagged it out of spite because they have a problem with another gamer or simply because they didn't do their research this seems like it could be a good idea. For example the other day I saw somebody get flagged with the reason that the online servers were closed. Yet they earned the trophies before the servers closed and a quick google search by a couple of people who posted on the thread proved that. Does nothing happen to the person who wasted people's time by carelessly flagging those trophies in the first place?

I don't know the answer. But probably not.  The ability to report is a premium feature, one that you have to pay for.  So removing a paid ability wouldn't be cool.  Maybe for extreme cases.

4 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I don't know the answer. But probably not.  The ability to report is a premium feature, one that you have to pay for.  So removing a paid ability wouldn't be cool.  Maybe for extreme cases.

Yeah I get that. It's a tough subject. But with a lot of paid services, if you abuse it you can lose the privilege. Obviously most of us don't know who reports what but it could maybe deter some serial flaggers who don't do their research or are just petty. 

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

It's restricted to premium members to lower the number of false flags, but it's not a premium feature. I'd search for when sly said this, but I'm busy at the moment. I might edit the post later to include it.

EDIT: Found it.

It looks like it was limited to them because there was no way to dispute a flag but now there's a way. Will this restriction be removed now @Sly Ripper?

Edited by kuuhaku
found it
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

Sony doesn't allow group accounts, the terms of service state never to give out your log-in details. And how would you manage to run a group account without doing that?

Its not against the rules. Sony states that its against the rules to share your account through PSN but theirs nothing saying you can't share it through other ways.

And share playing games is encouraged by Sony themselves so why remove a feature like that on the site too help people with trophies if Sony encourages its users too use it?

Edited by demonoid321