Final Fantasy XIV trial removes 14-day limit!

The Final Fantasy XIV free trial has uncapped its 14-day time restriction, Square Enix announced. All content up to level 35 is now accessible without any time restriction. This will let players try out different jobs, challenge the first 10 levels of the Deep Dungeon, play at the Golden Saucer, and more.

The time restriction has been removed from all free trial accounts, even expired accounts. If you tried the free trial before, you can now come back and pick up where you left off with the same character.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/final-fantasy-xiv-free-trial-removes-14-day-time-limit

Ideal time to start, I suppose? =D

• Like 1

So once you reach level 35 you can't play any more or you can't level any more? And to echo BT, what would be the minimum subscription for the plat? I loathe subscription based games, but I would like another final fantasy plat so as long as it's less than $40 worth of subscription I might try it.

Edited by kuuhaku

5 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

So once you reach level 35 you can't play any more or you can't level any more? And to echo BT, what would be the minimum subscription for the plat? I loathe subscription based games, but I would like another final fantasy plat so as long as it's less than $40 worth of subscription I might try it.

Well I can say that I've played FFXIV on pc... I played for 3 months and payed 30 for subscription only. Completed the story and A LOT of side quests. Basically I spent all my free time playing it then I realized I could get trophies for playing it. so i started a new Char but damn i remembered all those hours and just stopped. So my guess is that for 40 bucks you can buy the basic game and like 2 months subscription. From my experience you can plat it during that time. Only if i knew that sooner tho...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

I haven't read anything about this game.. could someone explain to me what that means? Is this basically a free to play MMORPG now?

Well to play FFXIV you have to buy the game first. Then monthly subscription, and after that a DLC that costs more than the game itself... So before you had to pay anything they would give you a trial of 2 weeks to try the game out. the lvl cap was 20 if i remember right. now they raise the cap and extend the trial period I suppose? so many unanswered questions...

Edited by BlueBerry_1337
  • Like 1

I could've gotten this game for £2 a few days ago but didn't bother because of the extra online fee. If it's possible to get the plat (or at least most of it) just by buying the game now... I may begin regretting that decision lol.

31 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

What does this mean in terms of subscription fee and plat? How much progress will I be able to make without a subscription? 

What is the minimum amount of subscription time I would need to buy for plat?

About 6 months of sub time and diligent playing. You have to do the Leve quests, and you get 3 or 6 a day and need over 1k or something crazy like that.

Other than those, most of the other trophies are fairly easy to get, albeit grindy.

Plat will not be possible without purchase and sub for all those wondering. Leveling all the class up is no fun easy task not to mention crafting yet.

36 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

I haven't read anything about this game.. could someone explain to me what that means? Is this basically a free to play MMORPG now?

Looks like you have unlimited access to the game until you get to level 35. So basically you can do whatever the heck you want to do in the game, but all of your classes/jobs can't go past Level 35. So you're blocked out of the rest of the story and of course Heavensward past that level unless you subscribe to the monthly fee.

You can play the game completely free of charge (aside from initially paying for the game itself) for as long as you're happy staying at level 35.

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

What does this mean in terms of subscription fee and plat? How much progress will I be able to make without a subscription? 

What is the minimum amount of subscription time I would need to buy for plat?

57 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Before this, the absolute minimum you needed to buy would have been three months, as well as a copy of the game itself (which comes with 30 days). Now, I believe you could complete everything without having to buy any extra time at all. It depends on how much the game costs in your region, but it should be much less than $40.

For people in Europe, a physical copy of FFXIV on PS3 is dirt cheap and you can upgrade to the PS4 version for free until they cut support for it in a few months.

I think the only trophies you wouldn't be able to do during the trial would be:

Complete the main scenario

Clear the Binding Coil

Because they both require you to be level 50 or above.

The rest is all stuff that doesn't require any levels. Although you can't get the platinum any sooner than 6 months after you first log in, because of something that adds up over real time.

1 hour ago, BlueBerry_1337 said:

And what about users who already paid once or more, can they still start the trial with a new charachter?

My subcription has expired and it wouldn't let me get past the log-in screen earlier, so I think it only applies to people didn't buy the game.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

My subcription has expired and it wouldn't let me get past the log-in screen earlier, so I think it only applies to people didn't buy the game.

Apparently they need a bit more time to edit existing accounts.

But it should definitely apply to all accounts.

1 hour ago, Tabithathecat00 said:

So that means we can get the trophies even on the trial now since it's kinda free-to-play?

I have the full game but I don't have the money to pay for it monthly...(._.)

I believe you can get trophies even now with the trial version.

• Like 1