{Update} Xploder PS4 coming in 2 weeks

thegirlruka

22 hours ago, daftprophet said:

Seriously. What the actual fuck. Why is this even a thing? I seriously hope every single person who uses this has their system brick and rendered useless. 

^ This!

2 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

I was just thinking, disabling the ability to copy saves to/from USB would save all this.

But Sony have no balls.

That would solve the whole problem of cheaters/hackers, but yeah.  Sadly, Sony doesn't have the cojones to do it.

23 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

In which case, fantastic, because screw those people.

22 hours ago, daftprophet said:

Seriously. What the actual fuck. Why is this even a thing? I seriously hope every single person who uses this has their system brick and rendered useless. 

20 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

^ This!

That's kind of extreme. Should people who used gameshark/game genie on their ps2/NES have bricked those too? It should definitely disqualify them from leaderboards, but to each his own. If they enjoy it then let them be happy as long as they don't hurt anyone else.

Edited by Jibril
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

I was just thinking, disabling the ability to copy saves to/from USB would save all this.

But Sony have no balls.

@Sly Ripper I think this is the first time I vehemently disagree with you.

That would cause such an uproar. Especially now that external storage can be used.

It'd be a PR nightmare for Playstation, and at the helm; a reason that mostly effects sites like this one.  

And they'd eventually find another way anyway. There's still the disk reader for data transfer, and the usb is still there regardless.

It would just delay the inevitable, while pissing off way more people than when they removed linux support from ps3.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

But Sony have no balls.

I wish they'd implement this. Ps plus is fine there's no reason for USB's. Unless I'm missing something?

Edit: ignore that. Had the idea plus was mandatory for some reason.

Edited by ryankamal1998

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Since Sly is talking about PS4, it's pretty valid? 

There aren't many PS4 players that wouldn't have PS4+ since MP.

Ah yes, the reliable PSN. Always up, always perfectly functioning. Oh...

edit; nevermind it's just shit to have to pay for basic ass features like transferring saves. Even worse when the feature existed for free, and then is removed.

Edited by Elvick_

4 hours ago, Jibril said:

That's kind of extreme. Should people who used gameshark/game genie on their ps2/NES have bricked those too? It should definitely disqualify them from leaderboards, but to each his own. If they enjoy it then let them be happy as long as they don't hurt anyone else.

Perhaps it is.  I remeber the gameshark/game genie as well but i thought they were more for temporary cheats applied to the game, not a permanent stamp?

8 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

I wish they'd implement this. Ps plus is fine there's no reason for USB's. Unless I'm missing something?

Edit: ignore that. Had the idea plus was mandatory for some reason.

PS+ is not fine. I'm sooo glad PS+ is not the only option. When you know that every time you quit the game there's a chance it has been corrupted, what do you do? If you upload it, you will overwrite a safe save with an unsecure one. If you start the save, you'll know if it was safe, but you can't quit it again without not knowing if it's safe or not again. Has helped me in more games than one.

7 minutes ago, daftprophet said:

Perhaps it is.  I remeber the gameshark/game genie as well but i thought they were more for temporary cheats applied to the game, not a permanent stamp?

Gameshark and the like cheats basically added a hook to the game, then went in and edited and froze your memory to certain values. If you saved with it on, you could save you had whatever that save saved. You could also do so much more with the cheats though.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

PS+ is not fine. I'm sooo glad PS+ is not the only option. When you know that every tiem you quit the game you know there's a chance it has been corrupted. What do you do? If you upload it, you will overwrite a safe save with an unsecure one. Has helped me in more games than one.

Gameshark and the like cheats basically added a hook to the game, then went in and edited and froze your memory to certain values. If you saved with it on, you could save you had whatever that save saved. You could also do so much more with the cheats though.

Ah, gotcha. So it did alter that save permanently. I guess it would be the same thing, only this program nets you illegitimate trophies which is their goal anyway. :/

On 6 April 2017 at 1:18 PM, Sly Ripper said:

But Sony have no balls.

Bad idea because people without PlayStation Plus would lose their save files and shit if they lost all their save data and have no way to get the save dates back. I use to use a flash drive a lot because I was visiting another house and using someone else's PS3 and also using my own when I was at my house and I kept saving my data to flash drive so I didn't need to start over everytime I am at a different house and using a different PS3. Etc. If people have to hack all the time to gain trophies then it is their loss anyway, no one else's. 

Edited by Brettyboy888

• 3 weeks later...

It's weird, but I'm not as mad at the cheaters and trophy hackers as I probably should be.

Think of it this way. If people want to cheapen their gaming experience by hacking trophies and robbing themselves of the satisfaction of earning those trophies legitimately (which part of the reason why I got into trophy hunting in the first place), it's their loss.

6 minutes ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Problem is that trophy hacking doesn't only affect the hacker's experience, but yours too. People like to brag, and this will give them a chance to do so.

I totally agree with you.Thats why I could careless about the leaderboard.Its will be mostly be people bragging about how they are competitive and the fastest or first achievers to do so now anyone can use this and brag.This will be complete chaos.Let the braggers brag among the braggers.I won't let it ruin my experience though.

• Like 1