Couch’s Elimination Events – Survivor Style - Winner announced

45 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

haha, enigmatis!

I thought about the same game (actually got it installed) but didn't want to waste it on test week

Yeah I was weighing up whether I should use it now or not and I thought I might as well. Bit shattered I didn't go ahead and finish off Dying Reborn too, would've won the round easy ;)

Survivors,

The votes are in. I'll read the votes off. The person with the most votes will be "voted off". Reminder....you don't want to see your name here :)

1st vote - Jem

2nd vote - Jem

3rd vote - Spazza. 

4th vote - Acetryhard

5th vote - Jem

6th vote - Jem

7th vote - Jem

8th vote - Jem

That's 6 votes Jem, 1 vote Spazza, 1 vote Acetryhard.

With 6 votes Jem, your tribe has spoken...you've been eliminated.

Remember this section in the OP? 

****Keep in mind this is based off a television event where surprises and twists happen. Just like in the show, there are a couple things planned in this event that will happen to give the jaw drop or awe and shock affect. You've been warned :)***********

well you've been warned. The preliminary round really was the first week. 

just kidding lol

the real event will start in a few hours. Hope you guys enjoyed the event so far and look forward to what's next. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Couch said:

Survivors,

The votes are in. I'll read the votes off. The person with the most votes will be "voted off". Reminder....you don't want to see your name here :)

1st vote - Jem

2nd vote - Jem

3rd vote - Spazza. 

4th vote - Acetryhard

5th vote - Jem

6th vote - Jem

7th vote - Jem

8th vote - Jem

That's 6 votes Jem, 1 vote Spazza, 1 vote Acetryhard.

With 6 votes Jem, your tribe has spoken...you've been eliminated.

Remember this section in the OP? 

****Keep in mind this is based off a television event where surprises and twists happen. Just like in the show, there are a couple things planned in this event that will happen to give the jaw drop or awe and shock affect. You've been warned :)***********

well you've been warned. The preliminary round really was the first week. 

just kidding lol

the real event will start in a few hours. Hope you guys enjoyed the event so far and look forward to what's next. 

I can't even tell what's a joke anymore. Jem has been eliminated. Good thing I'm jam now. Otherwise, I would've been toast.

With test week over I have a couple of questions/suggestions...

1) Wouldn't it be better if voting is only done per pm, I mean if a vote is done directly in the topic this could influence other's votes. Seeing there was a public vote for jem/jam the others could just have followed being scared to be eliminated theirselfs otherwise?

2) I've noticed you counted the total points of the teams during the events, but further on in the event teams might not be equal anymore, I mean if it's 8 against 6 and you count totals the team of 6 will be very handicapted. What's the plan on that?

For the rest: keep up the good work, very interesting event so far and I can't wait for the real start and see in what team I really end up!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

With test week over I have a couple of questions/suggestions...

1) Wouldn't it be better if voting is only done per pm, I mean if a vote is done directly in the topic this could influence other's votes. Seeing there was a public vote for jem/jam the others could just have followed being scared to be eliminated theirselfs otherwise?

2) I've noticed you counted the total points of the teams during the events, but further on in the event teams might not be equal anymore, I mean if it's 8 against 6 and you count totals the team of 6 will be very handicapted. What's the plan on that?

For the rest: keep up the good work, very interesting event so far and I can't wait for the real start and see in what team I really end up!

1)The PMs we sent out were just for that purpose. Everybody but acetryhard did so for the test round. It's really up to you guys how you want to vote but doing so in the thread could be strategic as well as a good way to put a target on your back. Example would be Maybe an alliance wants to let the team know they have the numbers and will vote right in the thread as a "we've got the power" type of movement. 

2) The teams were counted 8 vs 8 this week. The same will happen come week 1. If you watch the show, you'll see that when the teams are uneven, members will sit out that week to make the teams even. A member can't sit out back to back events either so we'll need that info on day 1 of each week. Don't worry too much about that at the moment. I'll remind everyone when teams are uneven that someone or some will need to sit out. 

Good questions though and glad your excited. 

2 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

Ok thanks, a bit unhappy about 1) though. If you watch the show you'll notice votes are always hidden (unless it's different in the US), I mean there are other ways to let your alliance (if there are any) know who to vote for

I think you may have misunderstood me. I wouldn't just go and post in the thread. Very silly. Use discord, psn, private messages with your alliance to talk about who you're going to vote for. As for people voting silently on the TV show, most of the time, people know whose going home ahead of the time. 

If you want to then post in the thread as a power move do it. I doubt very much we see anyone post who they're voting for though in the thread.

Hello Survivors. We’re finally here. The preliminary week is over and the real event will begin in just a few minutes.

Week 1 Day 1 – Announcements:

So I’m sure everyone wants to know what team you’re on. Let’s start there…

Orange Team consists of:

• LucasV9991
  • Kent 10201
  • The_name_is_matt
  • xZoneHunter
  • Spazza136
  • Tearraven
  • Enma8910
  • Wdog-999

Blue Team will consist of:

• HcG-_Clawz
  • Fredoline05
  • Mstalker58
  • EpicNogg4
  • TwitchReflex
  • Jem12345
  • AceTryHard
  • GlennRhee

It’s up to you guys today to create a team name for yourself. If you don’t have one by the end of day 1, a name will be chosen for you. Now let’s get you guys prepped for what the Reward and Immunity challenges will be this week.

Week 1 Reward Round Day 2/3 – Silver Spectacle

All Silver trophies earned in the 48 hour challenge will be worth 1 point. The winning team will have 15 bonus points added to their score in the Immunity Challenge.

Week 1 Immunity Round Day 5/6– Bronze Mayhem

All Bronze trophies earned in the 48 hour challenge will be worth 1 point. The losing team will go to Tribal council(Day 7) where a member of the team will be eliminated.

This is a pretty straight forward week but feel free to ask any questions for clarity purposes if needed. And as always, enjoy yourself!

• Like 4

Another announcement before we officially begin the first week of play: Across the 15 weeks I will be compiling an event and voting history for all 16 contestants. This is different from the spreadsheet Couch has already shared in that it doesn't look at scores at all, instead only focusing on results. You'll be able to see who voted for who across all 15 tribal councils in the season, in addition to who was safe or who played an idol. There will also be statistics like votes in the majority and votes against to give you an idea of how "in the loop" each player was. You can see the spreadsheet from the preliminary week here, but the sheet for the event proper will be kept hidden until after the season in order to avoid us as admins tipping off blindsides or voting patterns.

36 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

Ok thanks, a bit unhappy about 1) though. If you watch the show you'll notice votes are always hidden (unless it's different in the US), I mean there are other ways to let your alliance (if there are any) know who to vote for

It's actually not entirely unheard of for a player on the show to shout out who they will be voting for. A player in US Season 25 did exactly that, and it's probably happened a few other times regardless. From an alliance perspective maybe you wouldn't like having someone who blurts out the target in a thread, but then you know you need to vote accordingly.

• Like 2

Looks fantastic Couch, Andrea and Psy. Having never watched the show looking forward to following on but already sense the energy building. Do the teams change as it goes on or are they set for the event. I am going to have to go with Team Blue, too many of the strongest players I have come up against on one side ............. Goodluck all 

Edit : I really wish the elimination could have been done in voice chat. Would love to hear that " ....... you have been voted off the island " each week. Followed by the person being kicked out of the party chat. 

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Looks fantastic Couch, Andrea and Psy. Having never watched the show looking forward to following on but already sense the energy building. Do the teams change as it goes on or are they set for the event. I am going to have to go with Team Blue, too many of the strongest players I have come up against on one side ............. Goodluck all 

Edit : I really wish the elimination could have been done in voice chat. Would love to hear that " ....... you have been voted off the island " each week. Followed by the person being kicked out of the party chat. 

lmao how awesome would it be to have a giant party chat for Tribal. Maybe next time.

And Teams maychange/merge throughout the event. Keep your eyes open :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cjshaitan said:

The teams can change as this goes on, but it's not guaranteed. There will also be a merging of the teams at some point, where instead of competing for team-based immunity players will fight for a weekly solo immunity title and all players will participate in tribal council for that week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

I'm going to have to make a soundbite for this now. Too good not to.

Ok guys I'll chuck out a few ideas for Team Oranges team name, it's a work in progress so help me out.

Team Orange

Team (Insert other random colour) eg. Magenta or Aqua or something

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Them

The Winners

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Team Blue

Seal Team 8

The Crazy Eight

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

Ok guys I'll chuck out a few ideas for Team Oranges team name, it's a work in progress so help me out.

The Winners

Definitely wouldn't choose "The Winners". Unless you mean it ironically. You know, kind of like when a big dude has the nickname "Tiny". :P

11 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Team Orange

Team (Insert other random colour) eg. Magenta or Aqua or something

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Them

The Winners

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Team Blue

Seal Team 8

The Crazy Eight

Oh I see how it is...

Hey blue team just decided we should also have a name of our own ;)

- XxxNoobSlay3ersxxX 

- EpicNogg4 and Team 

- 360NoScopers 

- We_fukd_UR_mum

- PlayinAndSlayin

- CouchIsMyIdol 

- WeWillRekU_ay

Let me know guys, I really put a lot of time and effort into these names so please appreciate it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Oh I see how it is...

Hey blue team just decided we should also have a name of our own ;)

- XxxNoobSlay3ersxxX 

- EpicNogg4 and Team 

- 360NoScopers 

- We_fukd_UR_mum

- PlayinAndSlayin

- CouchIsMyIdol 

- WeWillRekU_ay

Let me know guys, I really put a lot of time and effort into these names so please appreciate it.

CouchIsMyIdol is by far the best name on this list.