Outlast 2 has a platinum. What do you think?

snakebit10

4 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Not difficult It's the same but the only annoying part is when you reach the mines where a new enemy appears, which invalidates the old method.
The solution : read @KaKrackle comment "
Open the very last door on the right before you go down the corridor. When you get chase go into this room and lock the door behind you. At this point the second heretic will drop from the ceiling into the room with you. You should go back into the hallway, and now you can lure the first heretic back up too the crawl space, and let him pull you out as usual. Now when you run back up the corridor to the cart it will be clear, since the second heretic is searchin elsewhere for you.. "

This method works i tried 9 consecutive times with 100% success

maybe.but i dunno.the second heretic always stuck me from random place,even when second heretic was dropped from there,and sometimes,stucked my way:(

Just now, Sakura_p789cs said:

maybe.but i dunno.the second heretic always stuck me from random place,even when second heretic was dropped from there,and sometimes,stucked my way:(

You're doing something wrong, certainly!Later i'll upload the video here to help someone stuck on that part

Nice to see that my strat is helping people. It took me a bit to figure it out, but it always works. I need to hurry and get the platinum soon before they patch it, and change things again Hahaha. I'm gonna live stream my attempts if anyone's interested in watching.

Well. It took me 8 tries, but I finally got the damn platinum. I got extremely lucky towards the end, and my run wasn't perfect. But who cares right. Now, I'm off too play something bright and colourful and less depressing haha. At least until the  DLC....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KaKrackle said:

Well. It took me 8 tries, but I finally got the damn platinum. I got extremely lucky towards the end, and my run wasn't perfect. But who cares right. Now, I'm off too play something bright and colourful and less depressing haha. At least until the  DLC....

congrats! :)

are you uploading the (successful) run on youtube as well?

*edit*:

btw, i just found a very good, commentated video with all the post-patch encounters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c46s2-bdFk

Edited by dernop
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dernop said:

congrats! :)

are you uploading the (successful) run on youtube as well?

*edit*:

btw, i just found a very good, commentated video with all the post-patch encounters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c46s2-bdFk

No, unfortunately. The run ended up taking a good few hours and was full of long pauses from where I stopped to go eat/drink which I wouldn't have been bothered to edit out hahaha. Plus I'm pretty sure I would only have been accused of cheating if the video was full of cuts..

If anyone needs any help though, all they need to do is ask me. The game wasn't too bad in the end. Practice the difficult bits aswell as learning how to manoeuvre around dark spots without night vision, and eventually it can be done.

24 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

That mines segment just before the first minecart puzzle is an absolute bitch. I'm playing around with some different methods but it's tough. It feels like they've accidentally caused an extra enemy to spawn rather than it being intentional.

try to see the TheKreeperr  video ! I tried several times on nightmare and always successfully!
I know it's a boring part and the slightest mistake can lead to death, but if you don't have cold blood you'll never get past that part..

Such a shame they messed around with Insane after so many of us spent so long learning the route off by heart. It wasn't even mentioned in the official patch notes, which stated: “Today’s patch introduces some minor adjustments to the game’s difficulty in key areas and moments, on Normal difficulty this will offer players a more appropriately balanced experience while still maintaining higher levels of challenge on Hard and Nightmare difficulties."

I don't understand at all why they did what they did with Insane, I mean there was literally no one asking for a change to the part with hiding under the bed and to add an extra enemy in the mines makes no sense at all.

I haven't attempted Insane since the patch (30+ attempts on the previous one though..) but I'll be getting back to work on it from today. Just want to say thanks to everyone in this thread sharing tips and videos, it is very appreciated!

1 hour ago, ser_davos said:

Such a shame they messed around with Insane after so many of us spent so long learning the route off by heart. It wasn't even mentioned in the official patch notes, which stated: “Today’s patch introduces some minor adjustments to the game’s difficulty in key areas and moments, on Normal difficulty this will offer players a more appropriately balanced experience while still maintaining higher levels of challenge on Hard and Nightmare difficulties."

I don't understand at all why they did what they did with Insane, I mean there was literally no one asking for a change to the part with hiding under the bed and to add an extra enemy in the mines makes no sense at all.

I haven't attempted Insane since the patch (30+ attempts on the previous one though..) but I'll be getting back to work on it from today. Just want to say thanks to everyone in this thread sharing tips and videos, it is very appreciated!

You can do it! It's not so bad in the end. For me the worst part was having to sit through them annoyingly fucking long, unskippable cut scenes again, after each failed attempt. I just don't want too many more people to get the plat though. I Want it to stay under 1% ?

5 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

You can do it! It's not so bad in the end. For me the worst part was having to sit through them annoyingly fucking long, unskippable cut scenes again, after each failed attempt. I just don't want too many more people to get the plat though. I Want it to stay under 1% 1f601.png

Thank you for the confidence boost! I completely agree about the cutscenes haha, gets really frustrating sitting through them over and over again.

That's an interesting point about the platinum actually, to put all this crazy hard work and effort into these Insane runs it's only fair we are rewarded with 3 ultra ultra rare trophies really ;)

Yesssss! I got the Platinum! I've been playing videogames consistently since 1989. I've never fist pumped the air so hard over any game completion in all those years as i did when I beat this on Insanity.

Has anyone played the first Outlast? what do you think in terms of difficulty? is the first one as hard? I am pretty interested in playing the previous one now after this.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

14 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Yesssss! I got the Platinum! I've been playing videogames consistently since 1989. I've never fist pumped the air so hard over any game completion in all those years as i did when I beat this on Insanity.

Has anyone played the first Outlast? what do you think in terms of difficulty? is the first one as hard? I am pretty interested in playing the previous one now after this.

The first will be very easy if you did this. It's also a much better game. I have 100% on both games, so I think you can trust my opinion.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

If you got platinum on O2, you're sure to find the first game super-easy !
In my opinion isn't better game than the second by several things..

On 2017-5-11 at 9:10 PM, KaKrackle said:

You can do it! It's not so bad in the end. For me the worst part was having to sit through them annoyingly fucking long, unskippable cut scenes again, after each failed attempt. I just don't want too many more people to get the plat though. I Want it to stay under 1% 1f601.png

I'll be going for it soon enough :P

• Like 1

i have practiced and practiced and practiced every hard part in the game, have 100% strats for almost everything. Marta cart push is piss easy i dont even run in circles just use the hole in the fence once then push it all the way in 1 go even if she breaks the fence. Have solid and consistent strats for all Laird/Nick encounter and mines is fairly easy if you have saved battery. only part im inconsistent is the school flashback where i have to hide in the bathroomstalls. I usually mess up opening the doors and get killed =P So ill start my suffering tomorrow and hopefully get the plat sometime next week. 

• Like 1

this is by far one of the most enjoyable platinum i've ever attemtped so far. novaday games are preatty much easy it just require you to grind same stuff over and over wich is not satisfaying or even rewarding to get.. but this game man i just wanna keep trying :D the feeling you'll get when that platinum pop out must be unexplainable! good luck to everyone attempting it! we can do it! just commit to it  

9 hours ago, Quink666 said:

i have practiced and practiced and practiced every hard part in the game, have 100% strats for almost everything. Marta cart push is piss easy i dont even run in circles just use the hole in the fence once then push it all the way in 1 go even if she breaks the fence. Have solid and consistent strats for all Laird/Nick encounter and mines is fairly easy if you have saved battery. only part im inconsistent is the school flashback where i have to hide in the bathroomstalls. I usually mess up opening the doors and get killed =P So ill start my suffering tomorrow and hopefully get the plat sometime next week. 

Doesn't matter how many times you train the hardest parts, what matters is to be EFFECTIVE at the right times! Is like a football team that trains during the week and at the weekend loses the game because it wasn't effective or because it had bad luck. 
I'm sure YOU and I (because I've been having bad luck in the mines) we're going to have platinum soon...

4 hours ago, imOvray said:

this is by far one of the most enjoyable platinum i've ever attemtped so far. novaday games are preatty much easy it just require you to grind same stuff over and over wich is not satisfaying or even rewarding to get.. but this game man i just wanna keep trying :D the feeling you'll get when that platinum pop out must be unexplainable! good luck to everyone attempting it! we can do it! just commit to it  

I saw your live and you for little experience that has in the game you play VERY WELL !! You only need to use the battery less often and be cold-blooded at the most complicated times! I saw you afflicted in certain parts :P
 As i said in your live all good players make mistakes, only the weak ones let themselves down and i'm sure you will get the platinum!

2 hours ago, Aaron_Tellez said:

For the '' asahel '' trophy do I have to finish the game in a speed run or can I get out of the game and continue another day? And put pause in the game is still passing the time?

Yes you can leave the game and return after (for example : sleeping) the time stop after you pause or leave the game

• Like 1