"Run Like The Wind" trophy unobtainable (PS3)

ULTRAUNKNOWN888

To sum up this whole-situation: Rockstar don't know how to deal with hackers, patch the game removing an important functionality and in the process hurts legit players that seek to get that trophy, then shifts all guilty unto hackers. Good job, R*, you're making me proud *Sarcasm*

I feel for anybody who started this game in 2017, it's a real f***'d-up situation, having to resort to hackers to get a trophy that was disabled because of hackers activities and run the big risk of getting flagged here because it's officially 'unobtainable'.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Guys there's no point in discussing it any further. Given that Rockstar are very likely not to fix it we will have to join public lobbies hoping that a hacker is going to put a bounty on us. I know it's not legitimate but there's nothing wrong with it and there's no way you can get flagged for that. If Rockstar refuse to fix it we have the right to get it through alternative means. And please stop worrying about this stupid flagging. Players are flagged for cheating, but this is a whole different story so please don't get anxious for such a silly thing.

• Like 1

On ١١‏/١‏/٢٠١٨ at 7:25 PM, Powerflank said:

4th email sent to [email protected]

Hope they'll reply one day...please guys, spam them.

they sent me this

Thanks for taking the time to send us your thoughts on Grand Theft Auto Online. We are constantly evaluating feedback from players in order to continue to tune the game experience to its optimal shape and for consideration in the development of updates and future content.

If you're experiencing technical problems, we encourage you to visit our official Support site at http://support.rockstargames.com/. Please stay tuned for future official announcements about GTA Online at the Rockstar Newswire.

logo.jpg

13 hours ago, Mkoshar said:

if there is any way you guys can inform RS and we can help with anything just tell us ....we wont let cheaters do this we have to do something about it

Dude I've sent them many e-mails but they are not replying cause they don't care and they will not fix it. We can only get it through modders which is exactly what everybody is doing.

On ٢٦‏/٢‏/٢٠١٨ at 4:44 PM, Powerflank said:

Dude I've sent them many e-mails but they are not replying cause they don't care and they will not fix it. We can only get it through modders which is exactly what everybody is doing.

I have a friend who is really legitimate and playing GTAO,,,I was with him watching when some modder popp up and start raining money bags ,,my friend got a lot of money ,,,,and then he got his level up and down in seconds ,,,, I am starting Gta v I am only 1% Trophies ,,I am gonna go for the plat and hope some modder put a bounty on me ,,,Rockstar forcing us to use this way which is not realy our fault
thanks dude wish u best wishes

14 minutes ago, Mkoshar said:

I have a friend who is really legitimate and playing GTAO,,,I was with him watching when some modder popp up and start raining money bags ,,my friend got a lot of money ,,,,and then he got his level up and down in seconds ,,,, I am starting Gta v I am only 1% Trophies ,,I am gonna go for the plat and hope some modder put a bounty on me ,,,Rockstar forcing us to use this way which is not realy our fault
thanks dude wish u best wishes

I totally agree with you mate. Unfortunately we'll have to resort to modders to get it, it's sad to say it but that's the only way now. Best wishes to you too!

On 5/3/2018 at 10:03 AM, Aexuz said:

Could this be the solution? This was posted on playstationtrophies but no one have tried it out yet. 

Hello Aexuz, thanks for share the video, I didn't know that little secret, there is always something new to learn.

I tried this method but I didn't get good results, As you can see in the following link (http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Al_Carter) you must complete 5 The Lost Gang Attacks in succession, but Al Carter didn't send me any messages after complete the 5 gang attacks in a row in 3 different attempts. Each one of my attempts were in one session, in less a one in-game day, without dying, in specific The Lost gang attacks (you can see the locations of The Lost gang attacks here http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Gang_Attacks), but without success.

Anyway I will continue trying this a few times more, and if I continue to get the same result then Run Like The Wind will continue to be unobtainable by a legit way, unfortunately.

EDIT: Probably this is no longer available on PS3, but I will keep trying. Obtain a bounty with the gang attacks method is also possible with other gangs/criminal organizations, like The Professionals, Los Santos Vagos and Marabunta Grande, not only with The Lost. In this page http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Gang_Attacks, in the section "Aftermath" is all the information about this. (EDIT: The position of the information changed on the GTA Wiki page, the information about this topic was previously in the "Trivia" section and is now in the "Aftermath" section)

Edited by ULTRAUNKNOWN888
update, little corrections and erase a error in the information
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ULTRAUNKNOWN888 said:

Hello Aexuz, thanks for share the video, I didn't know that little secret, there is always something new to learn.

I tried this method but I didn't get good results, As you can see in the following link (http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Al_Carter) you must complete 5 The Lost Gang Attacks in succession, but Al Carter didn't send me any messages after complete the 5 gang attacks in a row in 3 different attempts. Each one of my attempts were in one session, in less a in-game day, without dying, in specific The Lost gang attacks (you can see the locations of The Lost gang attacks here http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Gang_Attacks), but without success.

Anyway I will continue trying this a few times more, and if I continue to get the same result then Run Like The Wind will continue to be unobtainable by a legit way, unfortunately.

EDIT: Probably this is no longer available on PS3, but I will keep trying. Obtain a bounty with the gang attacks method is also possible with other gangs/criminal organizations, like The Professionals, Los Santos Vagos, Marabunta Grande and The Families, not only with The Lost. In this page http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Gang_Attacks, in the section "Trivia" is all the information about this.

Thanks to you for trying it out. I was going to attempt it myself but then I saw there were 12 different gangs and because I'm not really familiar with the game and their locations  I gave up. Please let us know your results with the other gangs when you attempt them.

I tried another 2 times with The Lost gang attacks, and nothing, the same result. I tried 3 times with The Professionals gang attacks, and nothing. I tried 3 times with Los Santos Vagos gang attacks and the same, no one message and no bounty on my head from the leader of the gang at the moment of finish the 5th gang attack in each one of the attempts. I even tried with Merryweather Security gang attacks (I know this organization is not listed in GTA Wiki, but i don't lose nothing for trying) but nothing.

I didn't try with Marabunta Grande because there are not enough gang attacks from this gang.

If other players obtain different results with the gang attacks, share it here (but with proof)

Conclusions: nothing changes, the bounties remain completely disabled, and there is no legitimate way to obtain one. Rockstar Games must re-enable the bounties, but probably this never happen.

• Like 1

still many players are getting the trophy on the leaderboard most of them had the 3 levels trophy (20-50-100) at the same time ,,,,but many earned Run Like the Wind without earning the 3 levels trophy at the same time ....

I just wanna make sure if I got Run Like the Wind by some modder put a bounty on my head Does PSN will ban my account ??? any risks whilae I am truly legitimate player?

7 hours ago, Mkoshar said:

still many players are getting the trophy on the leaderboard most of them had the 3 levels trophy (20-50-100) at the same time ,,,,but many earned Run Like the Wind without earning the 3 levels trophy at the same time ....

I just wanna make sure if I got Run Like the Wind by some modder put a bounty on my head Does PSN will ban my account ??? any risks whilae I am truly legitimate player?

PSN won't ban you PSNP MAY BAN YOU

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 6:28 PM, Mkoshar said:

?...

Neither PSN nor PSNP will ban you, you can be sure about that.

19 hours ago, Powerflank said:

1f605.png...

I agree,,, I have a fellow gamer who is about level 29 PSN had this trophy after 2017 and he still active here and on psn ,,, they can't ban a player that had nothing to do with these modders ,, moreover R* doesn't give a thought about players asking to get the bounty system back,,,,they stopped it becuase of modders ,,modders still raining the city with money bags leveling people up to the heavens and down to the ground whenever they want

7 hours ago, Mkoshar said:

I agree,,, I have a fellow gamer who is about level 29 PSN had this trophy after 2017 and he still active here and on psn ,,, they can't ban a player that had nothing to do with these modders ,, moreover R* doesn't give a thought about players asking to get the bounty system back,,,,they stopped it becuase of modders ,,modders still raining the city with money bags leveling people up to the heavens and down to the ground whenever they want

Yeah you can get it unintentionally in a modded lobby. That's totally fine.

Even though a guy on playstationtrophies claimed that after speaking to Rockstar recently it seems that their intention is to fix it. You can read it here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-v/324030-solution-run-like-wind-2.html#post6190623 (post #16)

• Like 1

On ٢٠‏/٣‏/٢٠١٨ at 1:03 PM, Powerflank said:

Yeah you can get it unintentionally in a modded lobby. That's totally fine.

Even though a guy on playstationtrophies claimed that after speaking to Rockstar recently it seems that their intention is to fix it. You can read it here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-v/324030-solution-run-like-wind-2.html#post6190623 (post #16)

That is good news brother I'll check that thanx for the updates Power ^^

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/03/2018 at 4:55 AM, Powerflank said:

1f605.png...

That is factually wrong. Just hit up the dispute section and see how many people get flagged for having run like the wind trophy...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

That is factually wrong. Just hit up the dispute section and see how many people get flagged for having run like the wind trophy...

I just did that but didn't find anything "Run like the Wind" related... at least in the 2 first pages of disputes. 

Edited by Aexuz

6 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I just did that but didn't find anything "Run like the Wind" related... at least in the 2 first pages of disputes. 

I can assure you, they flag and keep the flag in place for this. I'm not sure if it has been changed in the last couple months, but I seriously doubt it. Maybe @BlindMango can shed some light on this. 

Oh, also @grimydawg would be able to tell us.

Edited by Phil

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

I can assure you, they flag and keep the flag in place for this. I'm not sure if it has been changed in the last couple months, but I seriously doubt it. Maybe @BlindMango can shed some light on this. 

Oh, also @grimydawg would be able to tell us.

I haven't seen nothing about this trophy in a while. I think the mayority of flags that were approved took place in the first or second month that the trophy became unotainable. 

8 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I haven't seen nothing about this trophy in a while. I think the mayority of flags that were approved took place in the first or second month that the trophy became unotainable. 

I would make sure before making any assumptions. They flag for similar situations all the time. I'm fairly positive they flag for this as well. Also, just because you don't see a dispute thread doesn't mean many profiles haven't been flagged. I'd wait until @BlindMango or @grimydawg say otherwise before you try to earn this trophy.

I'd hate to see you get flagged for something like this. 

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I would make sure before making any assumptions. They flag for similar situations all the time. I'm fairly positive they flag for this as well. Also, just because you don't see a dispute thread doesn't mean many profiles haven't been flagged. I'd wait until @BlindMango or @grimydawg say otherwise before you try to earn this trophy.

I'd hate to see you get flagged for something like this. 

No worries man. Even if they aprove this trophy as whitelisted at some point I would still wait another year to see if Rockstar fix the trophy by themselves. I always play it save no matter what :)