Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will have a Platinum Trophy

I just hope that doesn't mean that the trophy list for Lost Legacy will have multiplayer trophies as well.

If it does not, it might just be the first Uncharted game ever which I get the platinum in. Provided that just like in the other games, after I completed the game once I can just choose my own weapons while I do a crushing mode run - seems like that would make the toughest difficulty a lot easier, especially if there's a one-hit-kill weapon and auto-aim.

I never got the U4 deluxe version; I traded a few old games for the retail version and I traded U4 on afterwards for DOOM. Though if I knew as much about The Lost Legacy half a year ago as I know now, I would have bought the U4 digital deluxe edition while it was on sale for €45. As it is now, I've pre-ordered the retail version. Will play through it right away, and then trade it on for something else while it's still a requested title.

Only problem is, Shadow Of War releases almost at the same time so I'll have to make a choice...

17 minutes ago, DJROE95 said:

Good news, very excited for this (plus with that Jak 1 remaster thrown in for free with preorders it seems like a no brainer)! 

Yeah it's nice to get Jak1 for free, though I must admit I played through the trilogy two years ago when I finally got a PS4 (I played the trilogy on a nephew's PS2 before) and I was kind of disappointed with 2 and 3, especially 2 has not aged well, and 1 would be the only one I'd consider getting again now they get released for PS4.

It's nice that with my Lost Legacy pre-order, I now don't even have to pay for Jak1 but it's not what I pre-ordered for, in fact it might take a while for me to get around to playing it.

By the way, I notice you're calling it a 'remaster' so I hope you don't expect too much because it's not a remaster - it's just a straight port of the PS2 version, like the GTA games and Psychonauts and all those other PS2-to-PS4 games are.

Edited by BillyHorrible

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I just hope that doesn't mean that the trophy list for Lost Legacy will have multiplayer trophies as well.

My thoughts exactly weeks ago when I saw that info on Gamestop's website.

Pre-ordered the physical copy last week though. We, my dad and I, are interested to see how well "Uncharted" does without Nathan.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah it's nice to get Jak1 for free, though I must admit I played through the trilogy two years ago when I finally got a PS4 (I played the trilogy on a nephew's PS2 before) and I was kind of disappointed with 2 and 3, especially 2 has not aged well, and 1 would be the only one I'd consider getting again now they get released for PS4.

It's nice that with my Lost Legacy pre-order, I now don't even have to pay for Jak1 but it's not what I pre-ordered for, in fact it might take a while for me to get around to playing it.

By the way, I notice you're calling it a 'remaster' so I hope you don't expect too much because it's not a remaster - it's just a straight port of the PS2 version, like the GTA games and Psychonauts and all those other PS2-to-PS4 games are.

Yeah that was my mistake on the wording, ill edit my post to reflect that. I knew it was a port but I couldn't think of the word :P 

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

If it does not, it might just be the first Uncharted game ever which I get the platinum in. Provided that just like in the other games, after I completed the game once I can just choose my own weapons while I do a crushing mode run - seems like that would make the toughest difficulty a lot easier, especially if there's a one-hit-kill weapon and auto-aim.

I never got the U4 deluxe version; I traded a few old games for the retail version and I traded U4 on afterwards for DOOM. Though if I knew as much about The Lost Legacy half a year ago as I know now, I would have bought the U4 digital deluxe edition while it was on sale for €45. As it is now, I've pre-ordered the retail version. Will play through it right away, and then trade it on for something else while it's still a requested title.

Only problem is, Shadow Of War releases almost at the same time so I'll have to make a choice...

Idk what kind of games you play but crushing mode is extremely easy on every uncharted game and all the multiplayer trophies are always easy as well. So idk why you would want them to be any easier this isn't suppose to be as easy as a lego game.

• Like 2

DLC done right. Though it turned out to be a standalone game.

Devs should learn from practices like this and stop adding trophies to the base game list. (I know that it's far from becoming a real thing, chill, dreaming is free)

24 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

We, my dad and I, are interested to see how well "Uncharted" does without Nathan.

Personal guess: it will do just fine.

Three reasons (personal opinions) why:

• Uncharted 4 was a lot more fun to play than the original trilogy, which bodes well for TLL. Personally I was never that much into the endless gunfights and I liked that U4 was filled with climbing and other stuff as well.
    Spoiler

(It also helped that U4 dropped the obligatory supernatural stuff, I know it was tailored after Indiana Jones but I liked the U4 story a lot more and during all of U2 I just kept screaming WHY DON'T THEY BELIEVE THERE'S SOMETHING SUPERNATURAL GOING ON AFTER ENCOUNTERING ZOMBIES THE LAST TIME)

• I'm bored with Nathan. There, I said it. I liked his humour at first but he's gotten whiny, I liked the Uncharted games when there's humour and/or action, preferably ridiculous Indiana Jones paired with Jack Sparrow action but later on it seemed the devs really just wanted to tell an emotional story about a guy that can't give up the life of adventure but really should. I think Red Dead Redemption was a good story about old guys that can't get out of the game, but Uncharted just got boring with it.

• I loved Chloe in U2. I liked her attitude, she was very funny and confident and I immediately preferred her over Elena, even before Elena got all "I fell in love with Nathan because of the adventure but I want him to be boring now just because". I was disappointed with U3 having a weird model for Chloe (it felt like a downgrade from the U2 version) and I did not like U4 for excluding her.

20 minutes ago, DJROE95 said:

Yeah that was my mistake on the wording, ill edit my post to reflect that. I knew it was a port but I couldn't think of the word :P 

Cool, I was afraid you really thought it was a remaster - which a couple of people have been confused with since the reveal of the ports. I guess it's weird that we're getting straight PS2 ports now while the PS3 had their remasters...

17 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Idk what kind of games you play but crushing mode is extremely easy on every uncharted game and all the multiplayer trophies are always easy as well. So idk why you would want them to be any easier this isn't suppose to be as easy as a lego game.

The 'hard' games I play are usually hard because of the platforming, I don't play shooters all that often. I would not say the crushing mode is "extremely easy" as I find myself having problems with hard mode the first time around, the Uncharted games often have a lot of moments where it's just a whole bunch of guys shooting at you at the same time, I had to downgrade U3 from normal to easy because I don't feel like having this much of a hassle, I play Uncharted for the story.

I see you have played Horizon Zero Dawn as well, now that was a nice difficulty. A bit tough at first but with planning and upgrading, it can be done with a lot of fun and not much trouble.

I also notice in every Uncharted game, you yourself have played through the game on Normal first and on Crushing only afterwards when, like I said, all weapons are unlocked so I don't really see what the childish "this isn't LEGO" attitude is all about.

And I just plainly don't like multiplayer, I ignore it in every game I play that has it, save for the VERY rare exception like The Crew.

Edited by BillyHorrible

24 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personal guess: it will do just fine.

Three reasons (personal opinions) why:

• Uncharted 4 was a lot more fun to play than the original trilogy, which bodes well for TLL. Personally I was never that much into the endless gunfights and I liked that U4 was filled with climbing and other stuff as well.
      Reveal hidden contents

(It also helped that U4 dropped the obligatory supernatural stuff, I know it was tailored after Indiana Jones but I liked the U4 story a lot more and during all of U2 I just kept screaming WHY DON'T THEY BELIEVE THERE'S SOMETHING SUPERNATURAL GOING ON AFTER ENCOUNTERING ZOMBIES THE LAST TIME)

• I'm bored with Nathan. There, I said it. I liked his humour at first but he's gotten whiny, I liked the Uncharted games when there's humour and/or action, preferably ridiculous Indiana Jones paired with Jack Sparrow action but later on it seemed the devs really just wanted to tell an emotional story about a guy that can't give up the life of adventure but really should. I think Red Dead Redemption was a good story about old guys that can't get out of the game, but Uncharted just got boring with it.

• I loved Chloe in U2. I liked her attitude, she was very funny and confident and I immediately preferred her over Elena, even before Elena got all "I fell in love with Nathan because of the adventure but I want him to be boring now just because". I was disappointed with U3 having a weird model for Chloe (it felt like a downgrade from the U2 version) and I did not like U4 for excluding her.

Cool, I was afraid you really thought it was a remaster - which a couple of people have been confused with since the reveal of the ports. I guess it's weird that we're getting straight PS2 ports now while the PS3 had their remasters...

The 'hard' games I play are usually hard because of the platforming, I don't play shooters all that often. I would not say the crushing mode is "extremely easy" as I find myself having problems with hard mode the first time around, the Uncharted games often have a lot of moments where it's just a whole bunch of guys shooting at you at the same time, I had to downgrade U3 from normal to easy because I don't feel like having this much of a hassle, I play Uncharted for the story.

I see you have played Horizon Zero Dawn as well, now that was a nice difficulty. A bit tough at first but with planning and upgrading, it can be done with a lot of fun and not much trouble.

I also notice in every Uncharted game, you yourself have played through the game on Normal first and on Crushing only afterwards when, like I said, all weapons are unlocked so I don't really see what the childish "this isn't LEGO" attitude is all about.

And I just plainly don't like multiplayer, I ignore it in every game I play that has it, save for the VERY rare exception like The Crew.

Yeah I play every uncharted game on normal first to get every other trophy out of the way than just focus on crushing no matter what it's a very easy game even on crushing as is most games today on there hardest difficulty. And if you had to downgrade from normal to easy then there is no way you will ever beat crushing on any of them.

8 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Yeah I play every uncharted game on normal first to get every other trophy out of the way than just focus on crushing no matter what it's a very easy game even on crushing as is most games today on there hardest difficulty. And if you had to downgrade from normal to easy then there is no way you will ever beat crushing on any of them.

Well, aren't you just a brilliant ray of sunshine.

• Like 3

I wonder what this will mean for the Multiplayer? I remember old articles before the game release were stating that Cogburn was planning to Add Vehicles into the Multiplayer and it was something he was gonna 'tackle' on. 

Don't think it'll happen however, I kinda want a Crash Team Racing Game mode in Unkarted other then plain old 5v5 modes.

Just now, madbuk said:

This is a shame if true, but Naughty Dog have lied about trophies before to try and drive extra sales, so I don't exactly trust them... Hopefully they're lying again and this doesn't have a platinum.

Why would you not want this to have a platinum? This makes no sense lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Why would you not want this to have a platinum? This makes no sense lol

Because it's not a full game like Uncharted 1-4, it's akin to Uncharted: Fight for Fortune. It doesn't really deserve a platinum.

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Because it's not a full game like Uncharted 1-4, it's akin to Uncharted: Fight for Fortune. It doesn't really deserve a platinum.

Once again still doesn't make any sense lol but anyways naughty dog has already said this game will be 10 hours long and that is a full game if you ask me and no it's still not as long as uncharted 4 but that is longer than drakes fortune. 

• Like 3

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Did you object to the platinum for Infamous: First Light or Far Cry: Primal or Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?

I like the second plat, and feel its warranted in cases where the dlc is big enough to justify an entierly seperate executable.

idk much about the last 2, I thought they were both actual fully-fledged new entries, but yes I did object to First Light having a platinum. It's a standalone DLC like this new Uncharted, why should a piece of DLC have its own platinum?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

coming from the guy that's complaining about a game being to hard for him lol

I wasn't complaining tha thte games were too hard for me, read again. The "unlimited weapons" was always there in a second playthrough, I just never did a second playthrough in any of them with weapons unlocked (second playthrough for 1-3 was on Remastered, second playthrough on U4 was after deleting my original save).

I never even tried a crushing mode run, and the only time I said something about it being too hard was when I got annoyed with U3 because of a beefgate that I just couldn't be bothered with because I don't want to play Uncharted for the shooting, I want to play it for the adventure and story.

8 minutes ago, madbuk said:

This is a shame if true, but Naughty Dog have lied about trophies before to try and drive extra sales, so I don't exactly trust them... Hopefully they're lying again and this doesn't have a platinum.

This is supposed to be a relatively big game though, like two thirds of a full Uncharted game. It's (hopefully) kind of like Assassin's Creed: Liberation when compared to AC: III. Personally I think it's less of a standalone DLC and more of a spin-off.

Just now, madbuk said:

idk much about the last 2, I thought they were both actual fully-fledged new entries, but yes I did object to First Light having a platinum. It's a standalone DLC like this new Uncharted, why should a piece of DLC have its own platinum?

Because, in these cases, it is possible to buy only the 'dlc' spin off without the main game, and these spin-offs are comparable in size and scope to other full games with platinums.

I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of 'proper' sequals to games that started life as dlcs in decelopment before being broadened out to be full sequels - the olny difference being we as consumers were unaware of them.

i think, for example, Saints Row 4 was that situation.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Because, in these cases, it is possible to buy only the 'dlc' spin off without the main game, and these spin-offs are comparable in size and scope to other full games with platinums.

I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of 'proper' sequals to games that started life as dlcs in decelopment before being broadened out to be full sequels - the olny difference being we as consumers were unaware of them.

i think, for example, Saints Row 4 was that situation.

Exactly. This guy is just complaining to complain. He is probably a troll lol

• Like 4