Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will have a Platinum Trophy

4 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Because they are standalone smaller games not just some stupid small dlc that's why. Your arugument is stupid. If you're a trophy hunter I don't know how you wouldn't want another game that you plan on playing to have a platinum? Like I understand complaining if it doesn't have one but if it does? Lol the internet continues to amaze me.

If you're a trophy hunter I don't know why you wouldn't want trophy point distribution to be proportionate to the size and scope of a game. This is clearly not a whole new full title like 1-4, and as such it should reward less trophy points. Platinums seem to be everywhere these days and it's worrying, we're nearing the Microsoft method of sticking with 1000G for every game, which doesn't make sense and ruins the entire system by devaluing bigger, more complex games. A 2D platformer doesn't have the same scope as Horizon Zero Dawn, for instance, and the trophy point distribution should reflect this.

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Because, in these cases, it is possible to buy only the 'dlc' spin off without the main game, and these spin-offs are comparable in size and scope to other full games with platinums.

I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of 'proper' sequals to games that started life as dlcs in decelopment before being broadened out to be full sequels - the olny difference being we as consumers were unaware of them.

i think, for example, Saints Row 4 was that situation.

Saints Row 4 is a completely new entry though, even if it started as a DLC it became a full-length new game. Lost Legacy/First Light didn't.

I got an idea for an envious MP Trophy

:bronze:Color Paletted - Unlock all colors for every outfit

vHHKobi.jpg

Hint: It's a pretty easy Trophy where all it takes is to unlock 15,000 Items which is like 5,000 chests playing every 3 days for an entire year?.  Truly you'll be Overwatched with this.

• Like 2

Just now, madbuk said:

If you're a trophy hunter I don't know why you wouldn't want trophy point distribution to be proportionate to the size and scope of a game. This is clearly not a whole new full title like 1-4, and as such it should reward less trophy points. Platinums seem to be everywhere these days and it's worrying, we're nearing the Microsoft method of sticking with 1000G for every game, which doesn't make sense and ruins the entire system by devaluing bigger, more complex games. A 2D platformer doesn't have the same scope as Horizon Zero Dawn, for instance, and the trophy point distribution should reflect this.

Saints Row 4 is a completely new entry though, even if it started as a DLC it became a full-length new game. Lost Legacy/First Light didn't.

You clearly aren't listening to what we are saying. This game is going to be BIGGER than the first uncharted and close to the size of uncharted 4. This isn't dlc anymore the devolopers decided to make it much bigger than originally planned hence the standalone release. Please do your homework before making stupid comments.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

A 2D platformer doesn't have the same scope as Horizon Zero Dawn, for instance, and the trophy point distribution should reflect this.

gtfo

Play N++, SMB, Fenix Furia etc and we'll talk afterwards.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

Just now, madbuk said:

I think the difference is just semantic at that point - so you'd have no issue if Naughhty Dog just released a statement saying 'This is a full game now' it would be fine?

the game appears to be comparable in scope to many other games - 2/3 as long as U4 is still longer than many full games with platinums, so I don't really see a distinction.

Wolfenstein:The Old blood started as two dlc 'episodes' but was conjoined andreleased as a full 'spin off' type game - it took about 2/3 of he time of The New Order, but that still well warranted a plat in my eyes.

this seems comperable to that situation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I think the difference is just semantic at that point - so you'd have no issue if Naughhty Dog just released a statement saying 'This is a full game now' it would be fine?

the game appears to be comparable in scope to many other games - 2/3 as long as U4 is still longer than many full games with platinums, so I don't really see a distinction.

Wolfenstein:The Old blood started as two dlc 'episodes' but was conjoined andreleased as a full 'spin off' type game - it took about 2/3 of he time of The New Order, but that still well warranted a plat in my eyes.

this seems comperable to that situation.

My point exactly. This is going to be a 10 hour campaign which is longer then a majority of full release games single player campaigns now a days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You clearly aren't listening to what we are saying. This game is going to be BIGGER than the first uncharted and close to the size of uncharted 4. This isn't dlc anymore the devolopers decided to make it much bigger than originally planned hence the standalone release. Please do your homework before making stupid comments.

They said it'll be 10 hours, so it's probably more like 7-8, I'm sure 1-3 lasted longer than that but it has been a while since I played them I suppose...

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

gtfo

Play N++, SMB, Fenix Furia etc and we'll talk afterwards.

Are you really arguing these games are of the same calibre as Horizon? They may be harder, but that's irrelevant...

I'd just like to mention that there's nothing wrong with developing and releasing a small title, bite-sized games can be great fun... But the trophy list should reflect this and also be bite-sized.

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Are you really arguing these games are of the same calibre as Horizon? They may be harder, but that's irrelevant...

Plat or no plat isn't determined by the "caliber" of the game. It's usually a mix of what the devs want and what Sony allows depending on the requirements they must meet. I'd rather play N++ than Horizon btw.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, madbuk said:

A 2D platformer doesn't have the same scope as Horizon Zero Dawn, for instance, and the trophy point distribution should reflect this.

This is where I think you really lose me

if you mean in terms of difficulty, then i refer you to, say Super Meat Boy. Horizon (which Im playing now and loving btw) is super easy. Meat Boy is nighmarishly difficult, so if difficulty is the point then SMB should be worth ten times the trophies.

If you mean in terms of 'scope' of the game, i.e. wouldnt that mean No Mans Sky would get a platinum and nothing else, since its scope is enormous?

• Like 2

Oh nice, wasn't expecting the MP to get thrown in with it. Since I don't own U4 (rented, plat'd, returned) this is very welcome, as I clocked U4 before survival mode came out and I'm definitely keen to give it a go. Not keen enough to spend 40 odd bucks on a game I've already platinum'd and won't touch again for a couple of years, but keen nonetheless. Wonder if Lost Legacy is gonna have MP trophies or nah. Could end up with a DriveClub situation where you get one game and end up popping trophies on a game you don't own's list, like how some DriveClub DLC is on the Bikes list, perhaps even if you don't own U4, playing MP on LL could pop the MP trophies in U4's list. Will be interesting.

Either way, this is great news, I was already eagerly anticipating this game, and now I get told the entire MP suite of U4 is getting thrown in for free? Fuck yeah dude. 

22 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

He's not a troll - Madbuk is a long time user and a stand up guy - we just disagree on this particular topic

I think the problem lies in estimating the size of the game. I agree with madbuck that First Light was a pretty short game for a platinum but I know there's even shorter games that still have a platinum. I guess the problem lies in these spinoffs being labeled 'standalone DLC' and being smaller than the main game, which is what they inevitably will be compared to.

Personally I probably would have protested if the The Last Of Us - Left Alone standalone would have gotten a platinum, in the end that standalone did something even weirder and it used the main game's trophy list...

I have high hopes though that The Lost Legacy will ultimately feel like a full game.

18 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Now that's just plain wrong. I could name plenty of open world games that are quite short and plenty of 2D platformers that are really big.

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

if you mean in terms of difficulty, then i refer you to, say Super Meat Boy. Horizon (which Im playing now and loving btw) is super easy. Meat Boy is nighmarishly difficult, so if difficulty is the point then SMB should be worth ten times the trophies.

If you mean in terms of 'scope' of the game, i.e. wouldnt that mean No Mans Sky would get a platinum and nothing else, since its scope is enormous?

Indeed. SMB also takes plenty of time to get through, fastest platinum achiever of SMB is on just over two days while fastest platinum on HZD is on less than one day.

18 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Saints Row 4, First Light, Old Blood, Lost Legacy... all started as DLC but became completely new entries. First Light was a lot shorter than Second Son, SR4 was about the size of SR3, Old Blood, Lost Legacy as well as AC Liberation are somewhere in between.

Edited by BillyHorrible

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Plat or no plat isn't determined by the "caliber" of the game. It's usually a mix of what the devs want and what Sony allows depending on the requirements they must meet. I'd rather play N++ than Horizon btw.

What you would rather play is also irrelevant. N++ is not as complex or expansive as Horizon (which, again, isn't a bad thing!), a fully explorable massive open 3D world is quite a bit larger in scope than a few 2D platforming levels in a small environment.

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Eh... is NMS's scope really that big? I mean I agree that it's big enough to warrant a platinum, but even though it's procedurally generated, you still tend to see a lot of the same assets (from what I've been told anyway).

And yeah like I said in a previous post, I wasn't talking about difficulty at all. Stealth Inc is difficult, I'll probably never complete it, but I wouldn't say it deserves a platinum.

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Indeed. SMB also takes plenty of time to get through, fastest platinum achiever of SMB is on just over two days while fastest platinum on HZD is on less than one day.

I agree, but lets not kid ourselves by using the fastest 100%s as a barometer for normal players game time - thats a method riddled with problems. 

Speedrunners are never a good way to judge the average experience 

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

Eh... is NMS's scope really that big? I mean I agree that it's big enough to warrant a platinum, but even though it's procedurally generated, you still tend to see a lot of the same assets (from what I've been told anyway).

And yeah like I said in a previous post, I wasn't talking about difficulty at all. Stealth Inc is difficult, I'll probably never complete it, but I wouldn't say it deserves a platinum.

I just meant in terms of pure 'scope' 

i bever played NMS, but in terms of pure size of world, i believe it dwarfed all other games. 'Breadth of gameplay' is a whole different kettle of sushi

5 minutes ago, madbuk said:

What you would rather play is also irrelevant. N++ is not as complex or expansive as Horizon (which, again, isn't a bad thing!), a fully explorable massive open 3D world is quite a bit larger in scope than a few 2D platforming levels in a small environment.

See, this is where your bias comes into this. You think 3D is some amazing thing, when it's honestly rather similar to 2D in most ways. Did you say a few 2D platforming levels? :P N++ is a much more expansive than Horizon, and even if you speedrun just completing the game and you'd do great, it'd still be at least 100 hours, where a good portion would be co op too. This is of course ignoring all the secret levels and other objectives.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

See, this is where your bias comes into this. You think 3D is some amazing thing, when it's honestly rather similar to 2D in most ways. Did you say a few 2D platforming levels? :P N++ is a much more expansive than Horizon, and even if you speedrun just completing the game and you'd do great, it'd still be at least 100 hours, where a good portion would be co op too. This is of course ignoring all the secret levels and other objectives.

Ok I was on your side for most of what you were saying but you're trying to say a 2d piece of shit game that could have been playable in the 80s is anywhere near the scope as horizon or any 3D game is laughable

15 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Ok I was on your side for most of what you were saying but you're trying to say a 2d piece of shit game that could have been playable in the 80s is anywhere near the scope as horizon or any 3D game is laughable

Yes, it's bigger in terms of playable environment and levels etc. :) Nah, N++ runs too smooth to be from the 80s. But why does the hardware requirements matter here? I don't get it. :S 

Just now, MMDE said:

Yes, it's bigger in terms of playable environment and levels etc. :) Nah, N++ runs too smooth to be from the 80s. But why does the hardware requirements matter here? I don't get it. :S 

Bigger in playable environment? Lmao In no way is whatever game you are talking about on any level with horizon or any other modern game but either way have fun playing your 2d gameboy advanced games

Did I miss something?

I guess this was about UC:TLL and not about SMB, N++, HZD and stuff. ?

Well, anyways, I'm excited this has a Plat on its own, although I pretty much expected it to have one :)

Let's see, if this also gets DLC-trophies. Don't hope so and I guess that - if there are any new one's - they will be added to UC4. But in the end, we can't change it anyhow and I will play it, no matter if it has Day-One-DLC trophies or will get some at a later point. Glad I bought the Triple Pack for about 25€, so I don't even have to pay the full price for it :)

5 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Bigger in playable environment? Lmao In no way is whatever game you are talking about on any level with horizon or any other modern game but either way have fun playing your 2d gameboy advanced games

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230270/N_NPLUSPLUS/

yes, with several thousands of handmade levels with all secret additional objectives, level creator, co-op, secret levels. Yeah, I'd say it's bigger in scope. There are many factors that play into if a game gets a platinum or not.

Edited by MMDE

25 minutes ago, I Am Error said:

Crying over it having a plat........ SMH :facepalm: 

If you don't like it having one then just don't fucking play it.

I won't let a trophy list being far too rewarding (or the opposite) stop me playing a game. Velocity 2X is an incredible game, but it shouldn't have had a platinum. I still played it, though, because it's a great game.

I'm a bit conflicted on this one, but overall I feel Sonic Adventure should've had a platinum, but it didn't. Doesn't mean I didn't play it though, because SA is great.

Edited by madbuk

Just now, MMDE said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230270/N_NPLUSPLUS/

yes, with several thousands of handmade levels, level creator, co-op, secret levels and objectives. Yeah, I'd say it's bigger in scope. There are many factors that play into if a game gets a platinum or not.

I have no problem with it having a platinum at all. But no matter what you say that shit game isn't comparable to actually good modern games. That game is outdated and can be ran on my phone.

Why are 2D platformers being compared to games like Horizon? They both have a lot of content in their own way. Just because the game is a 2D platformer people automatically assume it's going to be a small game with little content. I'm playing one right now and it's had more content than a lot of non 2D games I've played in the past month. Trophies can make any game long if they're done right.

Just now, ryankamal1998 said:

Why are 2D platformers being compared to games like Horizon? They both have a lot of content in their own way. Just because the game is a 2D platformer people automatically assume it's going to be a small game with little content. I'm playing one right now and it's had more content than a lot of non 2D games I've played in the past month. Trophies can make any game long if they're done right.

Because some guy said the scope of some 2d is as big as a game like horizon witch is beyond stupid and delusional. A game like horizon takes a massive team, years to make, and a lot of to money to accomplish a masterpiece like that. Those little 2d games not so much

• Like 1