Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will have a Platinum Trophy

4 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Because some guy said the scope of some 2d is as big as a game like horizon witch is beyond stupid and delusional. A game like horizon takes a massive team, years to make, and a lot of to money to accomplish a masterpiece like that. Those little 2d games not so much

You must mean big in another way then, as in the scope of the project, not the actual game and gameplay etc which I clearly specified earlier. And again, it's not a little 2D game, it's massive game that took years and a lot of love to make. :P 

Not sure what the scope of the project has to do with if the game gets a plat or not though. :P 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

Just now, MMDE said:

You must mean big in another way then, as in the scope of the project, not the actual game and gameplay etc which I clearly specified earlier. And again, it's not a little 2D game, it's massive game that took years and a lot of love to make. :P 

No I know what you meant a 2d game can't have more stuff to do or more variety in gameplay than games like horizon, gta, etc it's impossible. You are a moron. Have fun with those horrible cheap games

8 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Because some guy said the scope of some 2d is as big as a game like horizon witch is beyond stupid and delusional. A game like horizon takes a massive team, years to make, and a lot of to money to accomplish a masterpiece like that. Those little 2d games not so much

Yeah but now you're comparing the time and people it took to make the game rather than the actual in game content.

Calling people a moron doesn't help prove your point either. Just makes you look butthurt because you're in a disagreement.

Edited by ryankamal1998
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

No I know what you meant a 2d game can't have more stuff to do or more variety in gameplay than games like horizon, gta, etc it's impossible. You are a moron. Have fun with those horrible cheap games

A 2D game can have more variety in gameplay than a game like Horizon, but I never said N++ did have that. I said it was bigger in terms of what you could play, how large it was in-game size and things to do etc.

Yeah, N++ is so horrible and cheap it got overwhelmingly positive response on Steam, 90 on metacritic and a cult following.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Why are 2D platformers being compared to games like Horizon? They both have a lot of content in their own way. Just because the game is a 2D platformer people automatically assume it's going to be a small game with little content. I'm playing one right now and it's had more content than a lot of non 2D games I've played in the past month. Trophies can make any game long if they're done right.

They're being compared because some people just can't see that just because they don't like something (simply because it doesn't require much in the terms of graphical power), doesn't instantly mean that it's shit and worthless.

It started out as complaining that The Lost Legacy got a platinum while it was not as long as Uncharted 4 and things only degraded from there.

1 minute ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Yeah but now you're comparing the time and people it took to make the game rather than the actual in game content.

I also think that there's plenty of 2D platformers that take more than enough time to make and aren't "horrible cheap games" or "piece of shit that could have been made in the 80s".

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a regular guy who spends dozens of hours in games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Legend Of Zelda, Uncharted and The Witcher III as well as games like Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy and Runner 2, and also games like Full Throttle, Super Star Wars, Portal, Assassin's Creed, Snipperclips, Mario Kart 8, The Last Guardian... It's not like I play games across all kinds of genres and scales.

Final point: Calling 2D games inferior is stupid. Graphical power means nothing, the only thing that matter is how much a game can be enjoyed. Point in case: I've enjoyed Shovel Knight and its DLC more than a fair few recent top notch graphics games and with the exception of parallax scrolling, that game could have run on a NES system.

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, in fairness, you completed Horizon in 4 days. That's not a huge amount of time...

you have a few 2d games on your list that took longer...

I think judging game scope by size of dev team is a fools errand.

One guy made Stardew Valley.

One guy made Dust: An Elysian Tale.

One Guy made Super Meat Boy.

A couple people made Salt and Sanctuary.

A very big team made The Order: 1886...

Points all around, though I believe Super Meat Boy was made by two guys, not one.

A very big team of people made Mass Effect Andromeda as well... Now I've paid full price (€25) for Shovel Knight and I think it was worth it but I won't get Andromeda unless it's in the bargain bin for €10 or so.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

They're being compared because some people just can't see that just because they don't like something (simply because it doesn't require much in the terms of graphical power), doesn't instantly mean that it's shit and worthless.

@madbuk never said that, he just argued that the trophy point distribution should reflect the content of a game. Which i can get behind for games like mr massagy, mayo, magus and whatnot.

Stop twisting people's words.

4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

My thoughts exactly weeks ago when I saw that info on Gamestop's website.

Pre-ordered the physical copy last week though. We, my dad and I, are interested to see how well "Uncharted" does without Nathan.

Man, l envy this. Wish l could so stuff like that with my dad as well. That's like family goals to me. I am so glad for you.

About Legacy having a platinum, who would think it'd be otherwise? Uncharted is apple of Sony's eye and it's said that game will be really long. It's pretty normal to expect a platinum on this game as well when you think Old Blood, first light also had platinums. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

@madbuk never said that, he just argued that the trophy point distribution should reflect the content of a game. Which i can get behind for games like mr massagy, mayo, magus and whatnot.

Stop twisting people's words.

Who says I'm talking about @madbuk with that comment? He might be the one that started the argument but no, he was not the one calling 2D games shit and worthless, he was only talking about size and scope of development. I disagree with madbuk's statements as well but I'm actually able to hold a normal discussion with him on the side.

Don't twist my words, especially if you then claim I'm twisting someone else's.

For the record since apparently it needs pointing out, when I said what you quoted I'm specifically talking about comments like this:

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

2d piece of shit game that could have been playable in the 80s

have fun playing your 2d gameboy advanced games

no matter what you say that shit game isn't comparable to actually good modern games. That game is outdated and can be ran on my phone.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Who says I'm talking about @madbuk with that comment? He might be the one that started the argument but no, he was not the one calling 2D games shit and worthless, he was only talking about size and scope of development. I disagree with madbuk's statements as well but I'm actually able to hold a normal discussion with him on the side.

Don't twist my words, especially if you then claim I'm twisting someone else's.

For the record since apparently it needs pointing out, when I said what you quoted I'm specifically talking about comments like this:

My bad, seems like i jumped to conclusions too fast.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Rayman Legends and Origins were $60 2D games and have Platinums. By your logic they shouldn't have Platinums? Even though there's 12 hours worth of content and they were full price?

Dang, I was so caught up with defending the indie games that I completely forgot that there were AAA 2D platformers still coming out as well. Good point, I LOVED Rayman Legends!

9 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

You're wrong

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/03/27/why-uncharted-the-lost-legacy-became-a-stand-alone-expansion.aspx

"Originally, the team envisioned The Lost Legacy to have the same scope and length as Left Behind, but as the team began to work on it, they realized that it was becoming larger than expected. For it to feel like Uncharted, Naughty Dog knew it would need to be bigger."

It was originally going to be a 4 hour DLC like Left Behind and then got blown into it's own 10 hour game. They even removed the Deluxe Edition and Triple Pack from the PSN Store due to this.

I actually did not know it was supposed to be smaller first, as the first time I heard about Lost Legacy was when the U4 deluxe edition talked about "you get the first standalone for free", I never heard anything about scope until they released the first trailer.

Just now, xZoneHunter said:

My bad, seems like i jumped to conclusions too fast.

Don't worry about it, heat of the moment. We've all been there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

I'm genuinely baffled by your complaint

"Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is a standalone game. Uncharted 4 is not required in order to download or play Uncharted: The Lost Legacy."

Notice how it says game. And not DLC? That's because it's a full 10 hour game. It's available separately to buy on the PS Store, it has a separate retail physical copy and is it's own SKU. It's a seperate game, not a DLC. It also costs $40. What standalone DLC costs $40?

Of course they'll say this, they want it to sell lol. Developers always overestimate length, so 10 hours is more like 7 if you're lucky. $40 isn't exactly the normal price of a full game is it?

13 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Rayman Legends and Origins were $60 2D games and have Platinums. By your logic they shouldn't have Platinums? Even though there's 12 hours worth of content and they were full price?

Okay, you have a point here. I forgot about these two games, there are definitely some AA/AAA 2D games... and in those rare cases I suppose a plat could be put up for consideration.

14 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Devs release game with no platinum = "What?!! There's no platinum? This is ridiculous"

Devs release game with platinum = "What?!! There's a platinum? This is ridiculous" 

There's no pleasing people.

It's almost like these opinions are coming from two entirely different people on a forum filled with many diverse people. Gasp!

Either that or we're completely ignoring context and the game being complained about for not having a platinum actually deserved one (the only case I can think of for this off the top of my head though is Sonic Adventure tbh, and even that I'm not sure really needs one. Resident Evil 4 too, but I never played that so I can't really say)

4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

$40 isn't exactly the normal price of a full game is it?

Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell was a full game, 15 hours and had a Plat at $40

Sly 4 was a full game, had a Plat at $40

Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus was a full game, had a Plat at $40

ReCore was a full game, 25 hours at $40

The Last Guardian was a full game, had a Plat at $40.

Your reasons are arbitrary.

You also ignored the rest of my post. The game has it's own $40 physical release what DLC would have that?

13 minutes ago, madbuk said:

It's almost like these opinions are coming from two entirely different people on a forum filled with many diverse people. Gasp!

That was my whole point? That people are going to complain no matter what.

What do you want them to do? Take heat from those that want a platinum or from people like you who don't want a platinum?

1 minute ago, Azaan60 said:

Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell was a full game, 15 hours and had a Plat at $40

Sly 4 was a full game, had a Plat at $40

Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus was a full game, had a Plat at $40

ReCore was a full game, 25 hours at $40

The Last Guardian was a full game, had a Plat at $40.

So... 4 other games? (No, Gat Out of Hell wasn't a full game, it was a standalone DLC)

6 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

You also ignored the rest of my post. The game has it's own $40 physical release what DLC would have that?

I can't think of any (what was Gat Out of Hell priced at?), but this is Naughty Dog we're talking about. They're constantly pulling dirty tricks to get more money, they probably realize they have a huge loyal fanbase that can stomach the $40 price point. There's a first for everything, and Naughty Dog wants to be the first it seems.

7 hours ago, madbuk said:

So... 4 other games? (No, Gat Out of Hell wasn't a full game, it was a standalone DLC)

I can't think of any (what was Gat Out of Hell priced at?), but this is Naughty Dog we're talking about. They're constantly pulling dirty tricks to get more money, they probably realize they have a huge loyal fanbase that can stomach the $40 price point. There's a first for everything, and Naughty Dog wants to be the first it seems.

You seem to have a grudge against ND. They definitely aren't the greedy Devs you claim them to be, they aren't EA. As far as Lost Legacy having a Plat, that's awesome! Another Uncharted game for me to enjoy and Plat!

• Like 2

My guess is Uncharted The Lost Legacy is going to be a bit longer than inFamous: First Light. Both games share a lot of similarities especially when you compare them to their respective flagship predecessors (Uncharted 4 & inFamous Second Son).

I haven't read anything on Lost Legacy in the past couple months. Will the game feature Charlie Cutter? I felt he was greatly underused in Uncharted 3.

This is excellent news! I would have been getting the game if it didn't have a separate trophy list or plat, but a plat is always an appreciated bonus. I'm really looking forward to getting the game when it comes out in a couple of months. It'll be a breath of fresh air to play as someone other than Nathan Drake...especially since we'll be playing as Chloe :D.

Edited by Kent10201

20 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Idk what kind of games you play but crushing mode is extremely easy on every uncharted game and all the multiplayer trophies are always easy as well. So idk why you would want them to be any easier this isn't suppose to be as easy as a lego game.

This is a huge overstatement. Not even easy, but extremely easy? It simply isn't (when done with the core, basic gameplay features). The following claim is also flawed.

20 hours ago, DJROE95 said:

Yeah that was my mistake on the wording, ill edit my post to reflect that. I knew it was a port but I couldn't think of the word :P 

It is a port, but it's going to look better than the original, so you can call it (like) a pseudo remaster (enhanced port)...

20 hours ago, Machias said:

DLC done right. Though it turned out to be a standalone game.

Devs should learn from practices like this and stop adding trophies to the base game list. (I know that it's far from becoming a real thing, chill, dreaming is free)

... The only reason UTTL has a platinum is because it's a standalone and full game. Naughty Dog didnt do the practice right, because its not DLC. Uncharted 3, TLOU, TLOUR, Uncharted Trilogy PS4, Uncharted 4 all added dlc trophies to the base list, so ND deserves no credit here.

Sucker Punch even beat them to it first with inFAMOUS First Light. 

19 hours ago, madbuk said:

This is a shame if true, but Naughty Dog have lied about trophies before to try and drive extra sales, so I don't exactly trust them... Hopefully they're lying again and this doesn't have a platinum.

They wouldn't lie about a platinum trophy.

Also UTTL is going to be a full game, and at least twice as long as iFL, so a platinum is completely fine? I dont know about you, but Id find it weird if IFL and UTTL didnt have platinums. Left Behind (Festival of Blood, etc) clearly didnt deserve it, even after it was standalone. But I mean UTTL is going to be longer than JaD:TPL (and plenty of other full games), so.....

Edited by Jak

Love the fact it has a platinum to go along with it. All these cry babies saying "This standalone doesn't deserve a plat" Ohhhh please:P. It's the same gamers who complain it has a plat that have cross saves of Sound Shapes, Orc Slayer, My name is Mayo? etc etc etc...................

• Like 1